THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Heyday of the Raj: Family photos belonging to one of the last Viceroys of India
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heyday of the Raj: Family photos belonging to one of the last Viceroys of India
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...life-heyday-Raj.html

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9377 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was born too late and too poor...
Wow!!

Posts: 10208 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Very interesting!
The Viceroy's daughter didn't appear very happy in any of the pix.

The natives in front of the domed hut appear to be almost a different race.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
They are homo sapiens and the same race as all humans.

They are Toda tribals from the Nigiri hills in south India. They practice Polyandry and are buffalo herders. Now a very small minority and they no longer live in such huts. I have seen them in such clothing, head gear and huts in the 1970s.

quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
Very interesting!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11007 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
My grandfather had dimensia and died when I was in my early 20's. He was a batch plant engineer in India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Pakistan in the 1950-60's. Built a lot of big construction projects over there.

My uncle has some information but he was about 8 when they came back. My mother wasn't a hunter, and doesn't remember much, she was in high school there.

They weren't rich, but middle class managers of the production of concrete and had a nice life, this included either ownership or rental of a hunting block. The details I don't know much about. When I was a child their were Van Engen mounted leopards, tigers and skulls in his house when I was a kid. Somewhere there was a 8mm family video that they turned into VHS and my uncle narrated. I have not seen it in a long time.

He didn't live the life of those that were rich, but had an interesting life. I think Ross, is right, it would have been amazing to be over there at the right time.

Posts: 7769 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
They are homo sapiens and the same race as all humans.

They are Toda tribals from the Nigiri hills in south India. They practice Polyandry and are buffalo herders. Now a very small minority and they no longer live in such huts. I have seen them in such clothing, head gear and huts in the 1970s.

quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
Very interesting!

Oh gee Naki
Not again...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Homo sapiens and race are not synonymous.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote