THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Cambodia Opens After 55-Year Closure
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cambodia Opens After 55-Year Closure
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
From the www.huntingreport.com

Cambodia Opens After 55-Year Closure

(posted January 29, 2009)

The first hunters in 55 years are expected to hunt Cambodia this coming December. Felix Barrado Zabas of Nsok Safaris has been working with Cambodian authorities for several years to establish a sustainable use hunting program and those efforts are about to benefit the entire hunting community, as well as conservation in Cambodia.

Barrado began marketing the hunts at the Safari Club International Convention in Reno last week. He expects to make a formal announcement with the Cambodian authorities in February. At that time a final list of huntable species should be available. That list may include banteng, guar, seven species of deer, leopard, jungle cats, bears and more. (Note: not all may be importable to the US.) Barrado already has secured exclusive rights to a huge hunting area and will be finalizing his camp and other details in the coming months.

Barrado deserves great accolades for bringing this country online for international hunters. The first hunts there will surely be true adventures for the right kind of hunter. For the complete story on this new destination, see the coming February issue of The Hunting Report. - Barbara Crown, Editor

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

posted Hide Post
Gaur!

Now that would be something!

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Some game camera pix, including gaur, from Cambodia on a WWF site:
http://www.worldwildlife.org/s...odiacameratrap2.html

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been dreaming of "yesteryear" and all of the potential adventures of Cambodia after reading "Asian Hunter" by Capt. John Brandt (and now I'm looking for a copy of "Horned Giants"). I will never be able to afford it, but I would donate a kidney (anyone need one) to be able to hunt wild cattle in Asia.

The only part of Capt. Brandt's book that is hard to swallow is that it reads like an obituary for most species. It was published in the 80's and every chapter ends with something like "just a few years ago the ____ were plentiful, but now only a handful remain."

Posts: 47 | Location: Woodinville Washington, USA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
For Asian hunting reading I strongly recommend "Tracks of an Intruder" by Gordon Young.
GYoung was a northamerican who was born (or lived since child...) in Thailand.
Delicious writing about jungle hunting and living with the "jungle people", the best hunters in the world as G Young said!!

PH

One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
The above G Young is of no relation to me.

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
I can assure you my friends that now Felix is taking bookings for 2010.It is not cheap. It is not going to be easy hunting but it is going to be f...ing fantastic jumping

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
I dropped this outfitter an email....no reply as of yet. Any idea on costs for this once in a lifetime trip?

tendrams

One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
I think the costs for the super safari are about 89000$. BUT i WOULD NOT SWEAR IT SO SEND THE OUTFFITRE A MESSAGE. hIS EMAIL IS nsoksafaris@terra.es

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/i...rotected-forest.html

Is this old news from April 6th??? Read Game Hunter Jumps the Gun, hopefully everything has been worked out. Sounds like an amazing place to hunt.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9363 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote