Find
Notify
Tools

Big ML700 buck....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
My huntin' buddy put it on me this morn. We've got a honey hole in the NE La. cropland where the bucks are just now rutting. The only season besides archery to catch the rut there is a one week MLer season that starts the day after Xmas. I had to work, but Ronnie was able to hunt this morn and man, it's a good thing he did. He said a couple doe came out in one clearing, then another big doe came out in another. He said he looked back at the two doe hoping a buck would show and when he glanced back at the single doe "There were horns everywhere!" The buck had just walked by his Tinks 69 and must have caught a wiff as he turned and started walking quickly back to the Tinks and turned slightly offering Ronnie a strong quartering away shot. He put the 250 Shockwave right behind the last rib where it went through the liver, diaphram, heart, and lungs. One heck of a buck anywhere, but an absolute freakin' toad in Louisiana. He had a 20-1/4" inside spread, 25-1/4" main beam, and good mass giving him a green score of 156 BC.

The load was 3 50g pyrodex pellets, a 250 TC Shockwave, and a Win 209 primer. The bullet traveled to the front of the chest from behind the last rib, but I don't think it exited. It souped the boiler room.

I've got Friday to Tuesday off to hunt this place and I'm certainly hoping my crappy luck in La this season is about to turn around.

Ya'll have a Good One and Good Luck,

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Did the buck drop? Excellent Cajun buck!

When I had my inline, it loved the 250gr TC Shockwaves.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Whooo-Wee! That's a good 'un.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Buglemintoday,

No, he made it about 40 yards with blood sprayed everywhere.

We've always knew there were some big dogs in that area but after 12 years of hunting that place, we've never seen anything like this big guy. Letting those little guys pass really pays off.

Ya'll have a good one,

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote