Find
Notify
Tools

JD Vance Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 25 July 2024 18:52

Real conservatives aren't radicalized. Thus "radicalized conservative" is an oxymoron. Yet there are many radicalized republicans.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

D.J. Trump aka Trumpism's Founding Farter, aka Farter Martyr. Qualifications: flatulence - mental, oral and anal.

Posts: 21436 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 25 July 2024 18:52

Just keep racking up your meaningless post count with nothing.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 25 July 2024 19:03

Real conservatives aren't radicalized. Thus "radicalized conservative" is an oxymoron. Yet there are many radicalized republicans.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

D.J. Trump aka Trumpism's Founding Farter, aka Farter Martyr. Qualifications: flatulence - mental, oral and anal.

Posts: 21436 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Carry on Here Goebels

Can you please post something that contains original thought and bit talking points provided by your handlers?

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bertram:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
A fetus, not a human being and not your business.

Yes, it is. You should quit propagating this “lie” ole arbiter of truth. Wink

I am happy to allow others to make the choice that they feels is best for them. A novel concept I know.

Sort of Libertarian.

Can you explain your position in a Libertarian context? You know, small Government, choices left to the individual...etc?

Abortion does not kill human beings but it does terminate a fetus.

It is alive and the procedure “kills” it — don’t be afraid to say what you support! Wink

Happy to help you out on these medical details Doc Wink

And as usual you are wrong.

being - a person or thing that exists

It is definitely human.

Thus, abortion kills a human being — usually by smashing its head.

I hope you are finally able to comprehend.

And hopefully…quit lying! You being the arbiter of truth and all. It’s a bad look for you Steve. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 38016 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Post up the quote. He has stated several times now that he doesn’t feel that way and never meant that.

https://www.newsweek.com/jd-va...nt-marriages-1727795

"one of the great tricks that I think the sexual revolution pulled on the American populace" was convincing people in "unhappy" or "even violent" marriages that getting divorced would "make people happier in the long term,"

"Maybe it worked out for the moms and dads, though I'm skeptical. But it really didn't work out for the kids of those marriages," Vance said, according to Vice. "And that's what I think all of us should be honest about, is we've run this experiment in real time. And what we have is a lot of very, very real family dysfunction that's making our kids unhappy."

Sorry but any woman being abused at home in front of her kids should leave that marriage, no matter what JD Vance says.

The real motivation behind these moves is revealed in the first sentence of the quote, undoing the sexual revolution. Good luck on that fishing

Looks to me like every thing he states there 100% the truth. Want to point any fallacies?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 38016 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

"one of the great tricks that I think the sexual revolution pulled on the American populace" was convincing people in "unhappy" or "even violent" marriages that getting divorced would "make people happier in the long term,"

Sure, anyone condoning a woman staying in a violent marriage because leaving won't lead to "long term happiness" is promoting a fallacy, and is batshit crazy.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am happy to allow others to make the choice that they feels is best for them. A novel concept I know.

Sort of Libertarian.

Can you explain your position in a Libertarian context? You know, small Government, choices left to the individual...etc?

It is alive and the procedure “kills” it — don’t be afraid to say what you support! Wink

It is definitely human.

And hopefully…quit lying! You being the arbiter of truth and all. It’s a bad look for you Steve. Cool

I usually avoid getting in the middle of pro-life vs pro-abortion arguments.

I suspect everyone has opinions about it, and find support one way or another.

For the shock of it, I'll just say up front that my opinions align more with Lane's than otherwise. And that's not based on religious belief on my part.

There are many, many so-deemed science based articles about it.

Some try to boil it down to a question of when is a fetus a Sentient Being? https://human.libretexts.org/B...acts_about_Abortions

The broad info search:

https://www.google.com/search?...B7pa&sclient=gws-wiz

IMO, that's aside the point. It's not a matter of when, but the fact that it will most likely be if nature is allowed to take its course uninterrupted.

IOW, all the rationales about when is a fetus a sentient being is moot, IMO.

I often think of it this way: We all know of, and I could list many people who were soldiers in WWII who survived and went on to do great things in the world. Many were our fathers and grandfathers.

How many potentially great people died and never got to make their contribution to the world due to very bad chain of events, decisions made by others, and circumstances out of their control?

A fetus has no vote in its fate whatsoever. They are helpless. It's up to us.

Anyway, I've had my say.

BTW, I realize there's an argument favoring the woman's rights and so-deemed control of her body. I get that.

Look at it this way:
I'll make a Bible reference here, as I remember it - the fertile earth is not ours to own, nor is its fertility. Sure, we divvy it up for civil reasons, and that's a human construct and mess it up at will, but we are designated stewards, caretakers of the gift, for several reasons but one thing is future generations.

Similarly, a woman's fertility is a gift of nature. That and her body are something her own. But the product of that fertility, the sentient being, is not Her's to own. It owns itself. She, designated by nature (or God in Lane's view) is the steward or caretaker with innate responsibility. Abortion shuns all that, and rationalizes it as a moral right.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sort of Libertarian.

It is definitely human.

I usually avoid getting in the middle of pro-life vs pro-abortion arguments.

I suspect everyone has opinions about it, and find support one way or another.

For the shock of it, I'll just say up front that my opinions align more with Lane's than otherwise. And that's not based on religious belief on my part.

There are many, many so-deemed science based articles about it.

Some try to boil it down to a question of when is a fetus a Sentient Being? https://human.libretexts.org/B...acts_about_Abortions

The broad info search:

https://www.google.com/search?...B7pa&sclient=gws-wiz

IMO, that's aside the point. It's not a matter of when, but the fact that it will most likely be if nature is allowed to take its course uninterrupted.

IOW, all the rationales about when is a fetus a sentient being is moot, IMO.

I often think of it this way: We all know of, and I could list many people who were soldiers in WWII who survived and went on to do great things in the world. Many were our fathers and grandfathers.

How many potentially great people died and never got to make their contribution to the world due to very bad chain of events, decisions made by others, and circumstances out of their control?

A fetus has no vote in its fate whatsoever. They are helpless. It's up to us.

Anyway, I've had my say.

BTW, I realize there's an argument favoring the woman's rights and so-deemed control of her body. I get that.

Look at it this way:
I'll make a Bible reference here, as I remember it - the fertile earth is not ours to own, nor is its fertility. Sure, we divvy it up for civil reasons, and that's a human construct and mess it up at will, but we are designated stewards, caretakers of the gift, for several reasons but one thing is future generations.

Similarly, a woman's fertility is a gift of nature. That and her body are something her own. But the product of that fertility, the sentient being, is not Her's to own. It owns itself. She, designated by nature (or God in Lane's view) is the steward or caretaker with innate responsibility. Abortion shuns all that, and rationalizes it as a moral right.

Until it can live outside the Mother's body it is, technically, a parasite.

Is killing a tapeworm "murder"?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10741 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr. Easter still trying to elevate living tissue over the life of an adult.

I am not arguing life.

I am arguing that the ploucy of not allowing abortions is worse. The reasons already stated. And, yes, the right to privacy is present in the Constitution. See our 4th Amendment jurisprudence.

In addition, a limited federal right to an abortion was recognized long before the federal right to carry a firearm for self defense.

If you want rid of the limited Fed right to an abortion, you have less grounds to maintain a limited right to possess firearms for self defense.

As I have shown, the 2nd Amendment’s original intent was never to restrict state legislatures convening firearms. I have provided those cases many times over.

Bumper sticker analysis can never change that.

Life, itself, does not equate a citizen with rights.

Posts: 12332 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Post up the quote. He has stated several times now that he doesn’t feel that way and never meant that.

"Maybe it worked out for the moms and dads, though I'm skeptical. But it really didn't work out for the kids of those marriages," Vance said, according to Vice. "And that's what I think all of us should be honest about, is we've run this experiment in real time. And what we have is a lot of very, very real family dysfunction that's making our kids unhappy."

Sorry but any woman being abused at home in front of her kids should leave that marriage, no matter what JD Vance says.

The real motivation behind these moves is revealed in the first sentence of the quote, undoing the sexual revolution. Good luck on that fishing

Looks to me like every thing he states there 100% the truth. Want to point any fallacies?

Every word Vance wrote above is a lie. You are in no position to argue or support making divorce more difficult for people who are in abusive relationships.

However, you are a hypocrite.

Posts: 12332 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
^^^
. . . ain't that the truth.

Mike

Posts: 21720 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sort of Libertarian.

It is definitely human.

Lane, I want to start by saying Im not trying to troll you, or start an argument ... in fact I wont reply if you do respond to my question, and I'm not going to engage in debate with any others who may respond. Im just interested in how you rationalise this.

You have frequently posted here on your stance on abortion being that it is in effect killing an innocent life. I think I did see you comment to the effect that you were once pro choice but have have come to see things in the opposite way.

You have also commented several times on the war in the Middle East to the effect that you have no problem with what is happening, other than to call it regrettable, and although you might not have used the exact words the impression you give is that those on the receiving end deserve it.

This is a war has seen 36,000+ deaths (maybe its higher now I don't know) and many times more than that maimed and wounded often in circumstances where limited or no anesthetic or other medication is available in a population where around 50% are under the age of 15 (depends where you look for exact numbers).

How do you reconcile this, on one hand vehemently opposing abortion yet not in the same way opposing what is happening in the Middle East which is resulting in thousands of kids dying every month?

I am interested because I would class myself as pro choice yet I also believe we should do all we can to try to bring a halt to what is going on in the ME and the suffering it is causing. I would qualify my pro choice stance as saying that abortion should be the absolute last possible resort, the time frame where it is permissible should be reduced and that more resources should go into education particularly amongst the socioeconomic groups who are statistically more likely to have an abortion, making the available methods of birth control more accessible and hugely increased support for unwanted kids. I also view myself as a christian and have to admit that abortion troubles me deeply.

Posts: 7390 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sure, anyone condoning a woman staying in a violent marriage because leaving won't lead to "long term happiness" is promoting a fallacy, and is batshit crazy.

He didn’t say to stay did he? I don’t see the words in there.

Most marriages these days end in divorce. Definitely something wrong.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sort of Libertarian.

It is definitely human.

Lane, I want to start by saying Im not trying to troll you, or start an argument ... in fact I wont reply if you do respond to my question, and I'm not going to engage in debate with any others who may respond. Im just interested in how you rationalise this.

You have frequently posted here on your stance on abortion being that it is in effect killing an innocent life. I think I did see you comment to the effect that you were once pro choice but have have come to see things in the opposite way.

You have also commented several times on the war in the Middle East to the effect that you have no problem with what is happening, other than to call it regrettable, and although you might not have used the exact words the impression you give is that those on the receiving end deserve it.

This is a war has seen 36,000+ deaths (maybe its higher now I don't know) and many times more than that maimed and wounded often in circumstances where limited or no anesthetic or other medication is available in a population where around 50% are under the age of 15 (depends where you look for exact numbers).

How do you reconcile this, on one hand vehemently opposing abortion yet not in the same way opposing what is happening in the Middle East which is resulting in thousands of kids dying every month?

I am interested because I would class myself as pro choice yet I also believe we should do all we can to try to bring a halt to what is going on in the ME and the suffering it is causing. I would qualify my pro choice stance as saying that abortion should be the absolute last possible resort, the time frame where it is permissible should be reduced and that more resources should go into education particularly amongst the socioeconomic groups who are statistically more likely to have an abortion, making the available methods of birth control more accessible and hugely increased support for unwanted kids. I also view myself as a christian and have to admit that abortion troubles me deeply.

On one hand we have the purest of beings — ones totally without sin.

On the other we have a group that willfully chose to carry out one of most heinous murder sprees known to mankind.

To me sir…I see a stark difference.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

He didn’t say to stay did he? I don’t see the words in there.

Most marriages these days end in divorce. Definitely something wrong.

No, he said people had been tricked into believing that leaving a violent marriage would lead to long term happiness.

Nothing at all wrong with a woman leaving an abusive husband.

I believe what is wrong is that people like you and JD Vance feel you know what would be best in regards to when two people should divorce. I believe the two married people would know far better than you or JD would.

Self determination, a Libertarian concept you might spend some of your free time researching Wink tu2

Posts: 1195 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Every word Vance wrote above is a lie. You are in no position to argue or support making divorce more difficult for people who are in abusive relationships.

However, you are a hypocrite.

You need to talk to more kids and keep up with statistics better.

Vance’s words are the stark truth regardless of my shortcomings on this earth. I know I am a sinner and ask my Lord for forgiveness and mercy each and every day.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It’s a logic issue.

Vance is saying that just leaving will not in and of itself make a person happy… how many abused women go back because they want to, even knowing the abusive past?

Similarly, the children are often unhappy having their biological family broken up.

That doesn’t mean that the woman shouldn’t leave that situation… it means that there are multiple issues involved in most cases and just the physical separation is not going to make anyone happier.

The person(s) involved need to change and they need to accept the new reality. Some (the kids in particular) can’t accept it or understand why it should happen. Until they get past that, they are not going to be happy.

The point is happiness is “why” people do some things, but the thing is not happiness.

You get married and it isn’t “fun” so you divorce… fundamentally, if the reason you got married was “fun” you probably shouldn’t have gotten married in the first place.

Vance is correct in that divorce in an abusive situation isn’t going to make anyone happier in and of itself… it may be a path to become happier but other tough things have to happen before you “fix the problem.”

Getting rid of divorce isn’t the cure to the societal ill.

Getting people to live responsibly would help, but it’s not a fix either.

Posts: 11057 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
And the kids always lose.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you sure an abused woman is not the loser?

Seems to me that nobody should stay in an abusive situation because you think it is a good idea Doc.

Self determination, free will, Libertarian concepts you might want to brush up on. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know I am a sinner and ask my Lord for forgiveness and mercy each and every day.

How's that working out for you? Seriously.

===============================================

quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
It’s a logic issue.

-----------------------------------

Here's the "Fix" that apparently you both and millions of others support:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...55455d45badc28&ei=43

Trump urges Christians to vote: ‘You won’t have to do it’ in four years
Story by Ian Swanson • 2h • 3 min read

(excerpt)

Former President Trump at a Friday event hosted by the conservative Christian organization Turning Point Action urged Christians to vote, saying they wouldn’t have to do it again if they got out there in November and elected him because “everything” would be “fixed.”

“Christians, get out and vote, just this time,” Trump exclaimed to a cheering crowd in West Palm Beach, Fla.

“You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what, it will be fixed, it will be fine, you won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians” he added.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s a logic issue.

Vance is saying that just leaving will not in and of itself make a person happy… how many abused women go back because they want to, even knowing the abusive past?

Similarly, the children are often unhappy having their biological family broken up.

That doesn’t mean that the woman shouldn’t leave that situation… it means that there are multiple issues involved in most cases and just the physical separation is not going to make anyone happier.

The person(s) involved need to change and they need to accept the new reality. Some (the kids in particular) can’t accept it or understand why it should happen. Until they get past that, they are not going to be happy.

The point is happiness is “why” people do some things, but the thing is not happiness.

You get married and it isn’t “fun” so you divorce… fundamentally, if the reason you got married was “fun” you probably shouldn’t have gotten married in the first place.

Vance is correct in that divorce in an abusive situation isn’t going to make anyone happier in and of itself… it may be a path to become happier but other tough things have to happen before you “fix the problem.”

Getting rid of marriage would be a good start.

Conservatives screech about "get the government out of my private life!" but welcome the government intrusively into the most private interpersonal relationship there is between a man, a woman, a small pony, three ducks and a marmot. Having the government sanction the relationship between people, then sanctioning the dissolution of that relationship, is anachronistic, and government should get entirely out of the marriage business. No tax considerations (why should the unmarried subsidize your wedding?), no spousal privilege against testifying in court. Out.

If two or three or six people want to invite whatever imaginary construct they believe in (and their self-appointed earthly representatives) to sanctify their sleeping arrangements that's the choice of free people.

Posts: 10741 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you sure an abused woman is not the loser?

Seems to me that nobody should stay in an abusive situation because you think it is a good idea Doc.

Self determination, free will, Libertarian concepts you might want to brush up on. tu2

Damnit Steve!!!

You are absolutely lately correct here.

You know agreeing with a Bounderite paina me. Big Grin

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
It’s a logic issue.

Conservatives screech about "get the government out of my private life!" but welcome the government intrusively into the most private interpersonal relationship there is between a man, a woman, a small pony, three ducks and a marmot. Having the government sanction the relationship between people, then sanctioning the dissolution of that relationship, is anachronistic, and government should get entirely out of the marriage business. No tax considerations (why should the unmarried subsidize your wedding?), no spousal privilege against testifying in court. Out.

If two or three or six people want to invite whatever imaginary construct they believe in (and their self-appointed earthly representatives) to sanctify their sleeping arrangements that's the choice of free people.

Well isn’t this a fine turn of events this morning.

First I have to Completly agree with Steve Bertram and now I have to completely agree with you!!

I’m wondering if I’m dreaming. Here lol.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I know I am a sinner and ask my Lord for forgiveness and mercy each and every day.

Well

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you sure an abused woman is not a loser?

Of course she is. No one arguing differently. But she put herself in the situation. Kids are innocent bystanders.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well

I thought "repent" was involved in there somewhere. You know - self-awareness and quite introspection and reflections, etc.

But you didn't mention that, and it's not evident from the outside looking in.

It's really none of my business regarding your imaginary friend, but when it spills out in public, that's different.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well

I thought "repent" was involved in there somewhere. You know - self-awareness and quite introspection and reflections, etc.

It's really none of my business regarding your imaginary friend, but when it spills out in public, that's different.

If you lived in my personal community…you wouldn’t have to ask. Wink

And you are right…I owe “you” no explanation. But I do pray for your salvation.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It’s a logic issue.

I am going to agree with you on one thing. The government should get out of the marriage business.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
It’s a logic issue.

I am going to agree with you on one thing. The government should get out of the marriage business.

The government should have never been in the marriage business.

As long as no o e is hurting animals or children or forci BF someone into something I believe that you do you and I’ll do me.

I’m still trying to work out the me and two hit redheaded Latinas living g arrangement.

I like to live on the edge. Lol

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 27 July 2024 20:00

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well

I know about those tribal affirmation communities. Some are called cults.

And, of course you don't owe me anything by obligation or conscience. It's your personal choice. But the thing is - I'm asking for a friend.

I'll do a partial quote:

quote:

(excerpt)

Former President Trump at a Friday event hosted by the conservative Christian organization Turning Point Action urged Christians to vote, saying they wouldn’t have to do it again if they got out there in November and elected him because “everything” would be “fixed.”

“Christians, get out and vote, just this time,” Trump exclaimed to a cheering crowd in West Palm Beach, Fla.

“You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what, it will be fixed, it will be fine, you won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians” he added.

So, I'm curious as to your opinion and rationalizations about what Trump said, his own words, and the implications.

Doc Butler, you can chime in too since I know you are so good at rationalizations.

Of course you can ask for my opinion, or not. I'll probably give it anyway. Wink

I really don't need to rationalize or interpret what Trump said there in that speech reported/quoted in his own words. But there are dog whistles in there. Do you want to know what they are? Or do you get it already?

Superficially, it's very telling that Trump and perhaps his speech writers thought saying that out loud is okay, appropriate, good, etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Are you sure an abused woman is not a loser?

Of course she is. No one arguing differently. But she put herself in the situation. Kids are innocent bystanders.

So what are you suggesting Lane? An abused woman take a bit more abuse to keep the family together? Do you think it damages children to watch abuse take place in the home? Those are not my family Values Lane.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 27 July 2024 20:00

Keep racking up that post count.

Mission 21k you are almost there.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well

And, of course you don't owe me anything by obligation or conscience. It's your personal choice. But the thing is - I'm asking for a friend.

I'll do a partial quote:

quote:

(excerpt)

So, I'm curious as to your opinion and rationalizations about what Trump said, his own words, and the implications.

Doc Butler, you can chime in too since I know you are so good at rationalizations.

Of course you can ask for my opinion, or not. I'll probably give it anyway. Wink

I really don't need to rationalize or interpret what Trump said there in that speech reported/quoted in his own words. But there are dog whistles in there. Do you want to know what they are? Or do you get it already?

Superficially, it's very telling that Trump and perhaps his speech writers thought saying that out loud is okay, appropriate, good, etc.

Don't forget Trump's main virtue is he always says what he means.

Except when folks have to wait a day or three to get the talking points explaining what he meant.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well

I'll do a partial quote:

quote:

(excerpt)

Except when folks have to wait a day or three to get the talking points explaining what he meant.

You mean the same talking points and clarifications and walk backs after every tine ole Joe spoke?

Or were you referring to trying to translate the babbelings of Word Salad Harris?

You seem to forget that sword cuts both ways.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 27 July 2024 20:41

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh, I didn't know that Trump had a virtue. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Oh, I didn't know that Trump had a virtue.
Wink

It's easy to miss...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 27 July 2024 20:41

Keep racking up that post count.

21 K any day.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE