Find
Notify
Tools

JD Vance Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

Trump got the members to pay up and strengthened NATO before he invaded under Joe.

Note: I have no problem affirming somethings you say that are true or fact. It's not an accident that I do that sometimes. It's your twisted inferences that I take exceptions to.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-44717074

How much do Nato members spend on defence?
10 July 2024
By Anthony Reuben,
BBC Verify

(excerpt)

The US is a global superpower, with military commitments around the world, not just to Nato. It had GDP equal to all the rest of the members of Nato in 2024, and its spending on defence is two thirds of the Nato total.

Defence spending by European Nato members and Canada has increased over the last 10 years.

The cost sharing is based on national income.
The three biggest contributors to this are the US and Germany at 16% and the UK at 11%.

The US used to pay more than 22% of these running costs.

But a new payment formula was agreed in 2019 to address complaints by the Trump administration about the burden to the US of supporting the alliance.

======================================================

https://www.politico.com/news/...-trump-term-00164517

Trump’s Plan for NATO Is Emerging
Trump advisers envision a ‘radical reorientation’ in which Washington takes a back seat to Europe — and cuts a deal with Putin over Ukraine.

Donald Trump has threatened to leave NATO so many times — or has appeared to, anyway — that for many of his critics, it’s a question of when, not whether, he’d ditch the 75-year-old alliance if he’s reelected president in November.

In truth, Trump would be unlikely to quit NATO outright, according to interviews with former Trump national security officials and defense experts who are likely to serve in a second Trump term. But even if he doesn’t formally leave the organization, that doesn’t mean NATO would survive a second Trump term intact.

===============================================

‘radical reorientation’

That's Trump's second term goal on just about everything.

Real conservatives aren't radicalized. Thus "radicalized conservative" is an oxymoron. Yet there are many radicalized republicans.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

D.J. Trump aka Trumpism's Founding Farter, aka Farter Martyr. Qualifications: flatulence - mental, oral and anal.

Posts: 21226 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amazing that your morals are as flexible as they are

quote:
My morals are fine.

Anytime someone embraces or ignores lies, corruption, fraud, such person's morals and decision making thereof, are finely tuned, indeed.

As in Vance's case, in the internal struggle between morals, ambition, anger and principles, it looks like ambition and anger won. That's the "finely tuned" and flexible that I'm talking about.

It's not growing out of indoctrination as Lane described it. It's not maturing either.

It is a breakthrough, re morals, into where something else matters more. It's a choice, or a series of choices on a trajectory not necessarily linear. We can reasonably consider Vance's trajectory to be somewhere before the crescendo or peak.

It exemplifies the difference in "the end justifies the means" vs "the means justifies the end" where the means holding solid to the ethical and moral processes foremost, with the goal like the reward. The means are flexible in the "end justifies the means" scenario, and the end is rigid.

Real conservatives aren't radicalized. Thus "radicalized conservative" is an oxymoron. Yet there are many radicalized republicans.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

D.J. Trump aka Trumpism's Founding Farter, aka Farter Martyr. Qualifications: flatulence - mental, oral and anal.

Posts: 21226 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
Your quote made my point MSNBC is a liberal biased propaganda machine. Greta didn’t fit there.

Stretched inferences - again.

Facts:
Yes MSNBC is liberal bias.
Greta didn't fit in.

Lie by inference:
Propaganda machine

No sir…propaganda is a fact as well.

Schiff to Maddow: “I have seen intelligence that will convict Trump of colluding with Russia.” (Paraphrased)

PURE propaganda^^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37783 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Trump got the members to pay up and strengthened NATO before he invaded under Joe.

Note: I have no problem affirming somethings you say that are true or fact. It's not an accident that I do that sometimes. It's your twisted inferences that I take exceptions to.

10 July 2024
By Anthony Reuben,
BBC Verify

(excerpt)

The US is a global superpower, with military commitments around the world, not just to Nato. It had GDP equal to all the rest of the members of Nato in 2024, and its spending on defence is two thirds of the Nato total.

Defence spending by European Nato members and Canada has increased over the last 10 years.

The three biggest contributors to this are the US and Germany at 16% and the UK at 11%.

But a new payment formula was agreed in 2019 to address complaints by the Trump administration about the burden to the US of supporting the alliance.

Trump advisers envision a ‘radical reorientation’ in which Washington takes a back seat to Europe — and cuts a deal with Putin over Ukraine.

Donald Trump has threatened to leave NATO so many times — or has appeared to, anyway — that for many of his critics, it’s a question of when, not whether, he’d ditch the 75-year-old alliance if he’s reelected president in November.

In truth, Trump would be unlikely to quit NATO outright, according to interviews with former Trump national security officials and defense experts who are likely to serve in a second Trump term. But even if he doesn’t formally leave the organization, that doesn’t mean NATO would survive a second Trump term intact.

‘radical reorientation’

Nothing twisted except your mind. What I said is true.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37783 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Amazing that your morals are as flexible as they are

quote:
My morals are fine.

Anytime someone embraces or ignores lies, corruption, fraud, such person's morals and decision making thereof, are finely tuned, indeed.

I embrace none of the above and ignore nothing.

As in Vance's case, in the internal struggle between morals, ambition, anger and principles, it looks like ambition and anger won. That's the "finely tuned" and flexible that I'm talking about.

It's not growing out of indoctrination as Lane described it. It's not maturing either.

It is a breakthrough, re morals, into where something else matters more. It's a choice, or a series of choices on a trajectory not necessarily linear. We can reasonably consider Vance's trajectory to be somewhere before the crescendo or peak.

It exemplifies the difference in "the end justifies the means" vs "the means justifies the end" where the means holding solid to the ethical and moral processes foremost, with the goal like the reward. The means are flexible in the "end justifies the means" scenario, and the end is rigid.

If the Democratic Party weren’t completely devoid of morals…you might have a point.

If Joe Biden hadn’t sold America for half a century…you might have a point.

If Biden didn’t lie regularly…you might have a point.

But they/he are/have/does…thus there is no point to be made in your post.

At this point in time…any Democrat in executive control harms the country. Any Republican provides a better path.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

10 July 2024
By Anthony Reuben,
BBC Verify

(excerpt)

‘radical reorientation’

Nothing twisted except your mind. What I said is true.

ITS TRUE BECAUSE I HAVE DECLARED IRNRO BE TRUE!!!!!

Such is the infallible logic of our blue cheerleader.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No sir…propaganda is a fact as well.

Schiff to Maddow: “I have seen intelligence that will convict Trump of colluding with Russia.” (Paraphrased)

PURE propaganda^^^

He just misjudged Trump's ability to lawfare.

quote:
quote:

The facts were given in my post. Some of which affirmed your claims of facts, but not your inferences.

The fact is that Trump wants to do Putin's bidding and destroy NATO. The fact is that Putin's actions in invading Ukraine strengthened NATO.

quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Amazing that your morals are as flexible as they are

quote:
My morals are fine.

I embrace none of the above and ignore nothing.

If the Democratic Party weren’t completely devoid of morals…you might have a point.

If Joe Biden hadn’t sold America for half a century…you might have a point.

If Biden didn’t lie regularly…you might have a point.

But they/he are/have/does…thus there is no point to be made in your post.

At this point in time…any Democrat in executive control harms the country. Any Republican provides a better path.

First you say that you embrace none of what I accuse you of, then you go ahead and embrace exactly that accused of - expressing internalized opinions with no basis/backup, and most importantly fully believe they are facts instead of nothing more than skewed opinions.

It's nothing more than fine tuned moral rationalization taken to a higher level.

You are helpless.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They only thing that Putins invasion of the Ukraine did was threaten the Biden crime family’s money laundering operation.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, my algorithm is working overtime. I'm serious.

It has fed me the perfect article for you.

So, I share it with you here:

First a quote, which should show you how and why I argue with you, and insist on my level rather than your level. I know that's frustrating for you, but I intend it that way.

As American writer Mark Twain once cautioned:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Definition of stupidity:
"Stupidity is a lack of intelligence, understanding, reason, or wit, an inability to learn. It may be innate, assumed or reactive."

Note there's a menu of cause and effect there in the definition. I don't think "lack of intelligence" or "innate" is your cause.

Next: IMO you should consider it a compliment that I argue with you. Note that I don't bother arguing long with people like hasher. I consider you worthwhile.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...230e39b361d9b7&ei=49

Exploring the Roots of Stupidity: Psychology of What Lies Behind Irrational Opinions

(I put the purpose of this post in bold, because that's what this post is about - not stupidity in itself, broadly, but that specific aspect of it.)

(excerpt)

Most people, at one time or another, act foolishly. However, truly ignorant individuals exhibit a lack of introspection and stubbornly cling to their opinions, regardless of how irrational they may be. These people demonstrate unwavering self-assurance and are often oblivious to their own inadequacies.

They craft retrospective justifications to validate their beliefs and hold onto them.

Even when presented with opportunities for personal growth and change, they seem incapable of breaking free from their entrenched habits. Reasoning with stubborn individuals can be as perplexing as it is frustrating. Many have written it off as a hopeless task.

To argue against stupidity only seems to reinforce it. These individuals thrive on power and control, defending their position and denying their foolishness, regardless of counterarguments.

(there's more)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lane, my algorithm is working overtime. I'm serious.

It has fed me the perfect article for you.

So, I share it with you here:

First a quote, which should show you how and why I argue with you, and insist on my level rather than your level. I know that's frustrating for you, but I intend it that way.

Definition of stupidity:
Stupidity is a lack of intelligence, understanding, reason, or wit, an inability to learn. It may be innate, assumed or reactive.

Note there's a menu of cause and effect there in the definition. I don't think "lack of intelligence" or "innate" is your cause.

As American writer Mark Twain once cautioned:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Next: IMO you should consider it a compliment that I argue with you. Note that I don't bother arguing long with people like hasher. I consider you worthwhile.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...230e39b361d9b7&ei=49

Exploring the Roots of Stupidity: Psychology of What Lies Behind Irrational Opinions

(excerpt)

Most people, at one time or another, act foolishly. However, truly ignorant individuals exhibit a lack of introspection and stubbornly cling to their opinions, regardless of how irrational they may be. These people demonstrate unwavering self-assurance and are often oblivious to their own inadequacies.

They craft retrospective justifications to validate their beliefs and hold onto them.

Even when presented with opportunities for personal growth and change, they seem incapable of breaking free from their entrenched habits. Reasoning with stubborn individuals can be as perplexing as it is frustrating. Many have written it off as a hopeless task.

To argue against stupidity only seems to reinforce it. These individuals thrive on power and control, defending their position and denying their foolishness, regardless of counterarguments.

Mangina

Excellent condescension.

That means talking down to us.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 22 July 2024 00:35

Is ignored the same as talking down?

How about talking on a parallel plane.

Look at the definition of stupidity. Where do you fit in?

I have my opinion about that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 22 July 2024 00:35

Is ignored the same as talking down?

How about talking on a parallel plane.

Look at the definition of stupidity. Where do you fit in?

I have my opinion about that.

I would gladly discuss on a parallel plane if you offered one as opposed to just screaming the party line and instead offered depareae points.

But you don’t.

So here we are watching you post literally xxx to hack your post count.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 22 July 2024 00:42

Trolls are best ignored. They are like flies. Buzz off.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well now we can see why you have over 20k posts in just 7 years.

Because you offer literally nothing.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay, I snuck a read on your post.

Troll frenzy much!!! can't stand being ignored?

The article that I linked above is very good. and it's not talking down. It's constructive.

Yet you refused to read it or even consider it might be good.

Instead you attacked.

What have you offered except trollmanship and an utter distraction?

I'm trying to understand how and why Lane is how he is, as a good example, which BTW has been clearly demonstrated by his own words and posts.

You, so far, being so transparent, IMO, are not worth the time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for you to offer an article penned by someone who is a not a blue state loyalist.

Trust me I’m having a hard time finding one that is not by a red state loyalist.

Objective journalism is a rare thing in this day and age.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The link I posted is objective and has practically nothing to do with blue or red.

I am not quick to ignore someone. But you are pushing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are going to have to do something g here that I despise and agree to disagree because I didn’t see it as all that objective. Likely
Our differences on that article stem from being on opposite sides of the political spectrum.

I’ll try and find one I hope both of us will consider objective later today but right this moment I got a truck load of mulch to spread and about 5 cubic yards of dirt to move by hand.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
They only thing that Putins invasion of the Ukraine did was threaten the Biden crime family’s money laundering operation.

You, sir, are a liar.

Want to prove me wrong? Pony up with the evidence.

Posts: 6771 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really

Explain how Bidens son and so many other relatives of democrat elites are on the boards of various Ukrainian corporations.

That’s about as credible as hunters “artwork”.

FFS.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bidens son and so many other relatives of democrat elites are on the boards of various Ukrainian corporations.

You explain it since you made the claim.

I searched, but didn't find the proof.

You must have proof, since we all know of your integrity for telling the truth.

Please share it with us.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really?

He was a board member of Burisma. What experience does he have in the energy sector other than daddy being POTUS???

How many corporations put crack heads on their boards?

Survey says 1.

Want to talk about Hunter the Artist? Suddenly he’s a painter selling his painting for big $$$. Yeah no money laundering there either.

How about the tapes promising access to daddy?

Forgot about that as well didn’t you?

You should attack Barron Trump next. He should be an easy target for you.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
People who repeat baseless claims, innuendo, and outright lies are either liars themselves or simpletons without any critical thinking skills.

Sitting on the board of a foreign corporation isn't illegal, nor any reason in itself to accuse someone of foul play.

If Hunter parlayed his name and association with his father into such a position, I don't admire it but neither do I blame his father. It doesn't look good, and if it were a public office there would be at least an apparent conflict of interest.

I wonder why the Republicans in Congress never investigated Trump's children and son-in-law who profited richly from their association with their dad. And why does the irony and hypocrisy escape our Trump-worshipping members? Weird.

Posts: 6771 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
People who repeat baseless claims, innuendo, and outright lies are either liars themselves or simpletons without any critical thinking skills.

Sitting on the board of a foreign corporation isn't illegal, nor any reason in itself to accuse someone of foul play.

If Hunter parlayed his name and association with his father into such a position, I don't admire it but neither do I blame his father. It doesn't look good, and if it were a public office there would be at least an apparent conflict of interest.

I wonder why the Republicans in Congress never investigated Trump's children and son-in-law who profited richly from their association with their dad. And why does the irony and hypocrisy escape our Trump-worshipping members? Weird.

They should have been investigated.

Notice you skipped right over Hunter the “Artist”.

There is a hell of a lot that should be investigated in this country.

Starting with the insider trading by both sides in Congress.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Really?

He was a board member of Burisma.

You answered a question that wasn't asked, plus is doesn't support your claim, which was far more than just about Hunter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Notice you skipped right over Hunter the “Artist”.

Please explain how Hunter the Artist violated any law or ethics code? Is he barred from earning a living by profiting off his name?

I guess there's another reason to hate Jane Fonda. Why haven't you blamed Henry for his daughter's dastardly conduct in developing her acting career based on her name?

You have a strange set of principles. Do you know how many people write books and sell art based on their name or association with some important person?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sue you should write a book because you sure can spin a yarn.

And I only hate JF for what she did to our POW’s. For that she should burn in the fires of hell for eternity.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://youtube.com/shorts/Pu3...?si=Rdy13zEPhETmUHOa

Lauren Boebert EMBARRASSES herself

================

Of course you are not embarrassed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am honestly embarrassed that she got elected and that she will now be my rep.

While I generally vote red (there have been exceptions) she is t getting my vote.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fact is that Trump wants to do Putin's bidding and destroy NATO.

Not a fact.

The fact is that Putin's actions in invading Ukraine strengthened NATO.

And while Putin’s invasion may have brought resolve to NATO…Trump strengthened NATO pre-invasion by getting them money from the deadbeat countries like Germany.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The fact is that Trump wants to do Putin's bidding and destroy NATO.

Not a fact.

The fact is that Putin's actions in invading Ukraine strengthened NATO.

And while Putin’s invasion may have brought resolve to NATO…Trump strengthened NATO pre-invasion by getting them money from the deadbeat countries like Germany.

Ledvm

These must be facts because they were said on the internet.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump and his shitty isolationist foreign policy are in no way good for NATO, America, or the world.

Face it, Trump is Putin's lapdog, sad but true.

Poor Reagan, spinning in his grave at what Trump has done to the GOP.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am honestly embarrassed that she got elected and that she will now be my rep.

While I generally vote red (there have been exceptions) she is t getting my vote.

It wasn't about her. I was about the BS she said, which is the same BS you said.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bertram:
Trump and his shitty isolationist foreign policy are in no way good for NATO, America, or the world.

Only in your mind Steve, which sadly is far from reality. No evidence to support your statement.

You didn’t even get to vote for Reagan. He was my hero. Reagan would be a Trump supporter today. He and Gorbachev were friends. He got Gorbachev to act out of mutual respect…not fear.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it's too late for Putin to act out of respect, after killing so many people including his own.

If you are implying that Trump and Putin had some mutual respect, or that Putin has respect in general --- wow.

Maybe, somehow, there is some sort of respect between monsters.

One thing that can be counted on between those two monsters is whatever relations they had it was transactional.

Trump could give Putin NATO - for what? Or why?

I think I remember Nixon and Gorbachev got along too. Things were different then.

I think it was JFK who taught Khrushchev some respect over the Cuban Missile Crisis.

After all, why should Trump care about NATO at all? His only interest in it was transactional, about money, and the taken advantage of thing was just his excuse for fucking with it. You know - plausible denial.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No…ME it is fact. Maddow is the biggest propagandist the USA has ever known.

And poor old Mangina laps her drivel like mana from heaven....poor old woman.....

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Only in your mind Steve, which sadly is far from reality. No evidence to support your statement. The truth hurts, I know. We all saw Trump fawn all over Putin his first term, it was disgusting.

You didn’t even get to vote for Reagan. He was my hero. Reagan would be a Trump supporter today. He and Gorbachev were friends. He got Gorbachev to act out of mutual respect…not fear.
Reagan had far too many morals to support a scoundrel like Trump, he might have been your hero but you missed his message. Not too different from how you missed the concept of a Christian striving to behave in manner worthy of respect rather than like the lying, cheating philandering fraud that Trump is.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Does it really matter? At the top of ticket is the rat bastard that tried to steal the 2020 election, that is plenty of reason not to support either of them this election cycle.

That is, unless you have very flexible morals.

We have seen firsthand that Trump cannot be trusted, many, many times.

Every day I walk on my ranch in south Texas…I am reminded Biden employs Mayorkas and how the whole Democratic Party is destroying and endangering the USA.

Then I remember how it was under Trump. Just this one subject does it for me. Albeit, the tip of the iceberg.

Trump trying steal 2020 was the most dramatic attempt at destroying America in my lifetime. Absolutely absurd, and more so that anyone would vote for the Orange Asshole after J the 6th.

Not 911, or Biden opening the border..... Says a lot about you...

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The last time Kabob even admitted she had her failings. Now, he has forgotten all that and she's the paragon of truth again. Hard to converse with someone who cant remember shit, must be how Bidens staff feels

Poor old woman has a lot in common with goofy joe.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:

Not 911, or Biden opening the border..... Says a lot about you...

And your willingness to support someone who tried to steal a Presidential election says plenty about you.....