THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    George Floyd, Civil Rights, and God…it’s all here! Great interview by Tucker Carlson!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

George Floyd, Civil Rights, and God…it’s all here! Great interview by Tucker Carlson! Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
The whole George Floyd story was a lie!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36554 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You said it all when you said Tucker Carlson. I'm amazed you are still slurping his shit.

Posts: 13774 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I like Tucker. It is a great interview. Very little talking by Tucker.

Kensco,
I was walking in the bed of the Little Wichita between Wichita Falls and Henrietta last Monday. I thought about you. Other times however…I wonder what planet you are from. This is one of those moments.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36554 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
You said it all when you said Tucker Carlson. I'm amazed you are still slurping his shit.

He lost me when he accused Fauci of collaborating with the Chinese. Big Grin That doesn't mean that the Floyd revenge conviction wasn't a lynching though.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
I hope that piece of shit pig gets a shank in its neck.

Posts: 7480 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just realized that Tucker wears a toupee.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Twitter has become the social platform with the highest degree of misinformation and inaccurate content since Musk removed all moderation on what is posted there.

“Tony Fauchi worked with the Chinese to create the virus “

“ the whole George Floyd story was a lie”

“ did he ( the cop) murder George Floyd and the answer is well no, he didn’t “

“George Floyd, according the the official autopsy, was not murdered”

Blah blah ad nauseam …

https://blogs.scientificameric...lighting-of-america/

https://apnews.com/article/fac...psy-new-892530421961

https://www.reuters.com/world/...st-tells-2021-04-09/

“Doctor who performed Floyd autopsy stands by homicide conclusion”

Lane - "it’s all here! Great interview by Tucker Carlson!"

Edited to add that I'm wondering if Lanes account could have been hacked to post this?

Posts: 7164 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idiotic revisionist pablum for morons. Absolutely nothing new here. Floyd died of cardiopulmonary arrest because the cop kneeled on his neck for ten minutes or whatever it was. There was a trial, Lane. Remember? One throwaway line from a civil deposition doesn’t alter that outcome. 2020

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cant say Tucker is where I would go for the truth... about anything.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Idiotic revisionist pablum for morons. Absolutely nothing new here.

Floyd died of cardiopulmonary arrest

Fact^^^

because the cop kneeled on his neck for ten minutes or whatever it was.

Supposition^^^

There was a trial, Lane. Remember?

Sometimes trials get it wrong. No?

One throwaway line from a civil deposition doesn’t alter that outcome. 2020

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Nute,

Make no mistake…it was me.

George Floyd had high levels of fentanyl and meth in his system. He resisted arrest. He could have sat quietly in the car. He didn’t…his fault. There is no good autopsy evidence to suggest neck trauma caused asphyxiation which could lead to cardiopulmonary arrest. He had plenty of other good reasons flowing in blood to arrest. Just saying this conviction was NOT “beyond a shadow of a doubt.” It was won on sensationalism of a video. Based on what I know…I would not have voted to convict Chauvin.

Fauci: The thread wasn’t about him but…
The biochemistry of the RNA of SARS CoV-2 suggests a likely lab alteration. The virus has not been found (with extensive search) in nature. There is plenty of circumstantial evidence to suggest it was a lab leak from NIHS co-fundeded research in Wuhan. There is also a communication string now uncovered that shows Fauci himself was worried about this being the case early on. The communication string also shows intent to cover up this possibility.

Now it may be hyperbole to say Fauci conspired with China to create Covid. Albeit, likely that NIHS money did help create it. But…he DID conspire to cover-up “the real possibility” that the virus could be leaked from a lab in which he had connection.

Yes, I like Tucker Carlson and he does shed light on truths.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought about you.

Thinking must have been hard for you ledvm.

I'm still blown away by you believing Graham, Texas was the center of the Texas oil industry, and your inability to critically view the political landscape in the U.S. I have a feeling you were raised in an insulated bubble. (Small pond syndrome.)

I was around good guys and bad guys during my career, but I could recognize the difference and chose not to cross the line. Your support of guys like Trump, and ANY Republican regardless of which side of the line they are on goes against the way I was raised.

Maybe if I had been born & raised in Texas like you, I might have the same views. Thankfully I didn't get here until I was 23. I never felt the need to goose-step like the people around me, just to be one of the guys.

I was offered ranches for drilling rig rights and mountain cabins for "product", but never took the bait.

I sleep well at night and my beliefs are my own, not something fed to me by those around me. In Texas, the way it is run by Abbott, Paxton, Patrick, Cruz, etc. I do feel like I am from a different planet, and happy about that feeling.

If I ever agreed with you politically, I would wonder what went wrong with me.

Posts: 13774 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I thought about you.

My thinking has created new surgical techniques and is published in peer reviewed journals. Your’s…nada.

I'm still blown away by you believing Graham, Texas was the center of the Texas oil industry,

Please bring up a post showing I said that. I didn’t. All I said was that Western Chief Drilling was once headquartered in Graham and drilled a helluva lot of wells in north central Texas. Can’t believe if you worked in the industry that you never heard of them.

and your inability to critically view the political landscape in the U.S. I have a feeling you were raised in an insulated bubble. (Small pond syndrome.)

I was around good guys and bad guys during my career, but I could recognize the difference and chose not to cross the line. Your support of guys like Trump, and ANY Republican regardless of which side of the line they are on goes against the way I was raised.

Maybe if I had been born & raised in Texas like you, I might have the same views. Thankfully I didn't get here until I was 23. I never felt the need to goose-step like the people around me, just to be one of the guys.

I was offered ranches for drilling rig rights and mountain cabins for "product", but never took the bait.

I sleep well at night and my beliefs are my own, not something fed to me by those around me. In Texas, the way it is run by Abbott, Paxton, Patrick, Cruz, etc. I do feel like I am from a different planet, and happy about that feeling.

If I ever agreed with you politically, I would wonder what went wrong with me.

As to the rest of your post… Roll Eyes

This^^^from the man who posted he was uncomfortable when he ate in a restaurant with law-abiding citizens who were open carrying.

I sleep well at night myself. Why not go back to New Mexico? I hear the once nice town of Albuquerque has become bastion for liberal idiots like yourself.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:
I thought about you.

My thinking has created new surgical techniques and is published in peer reviewed journals. Your’s…nada.

Sorry Lane, no one is buying the "I'm too smart to be stupid" defense. Your posting history is simply too replete with examples to the contrary.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
America still a free country Mike. You can see it how you want.

My intellect can stand on it own feet. Not worried about how a born-again liberal views me.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
That's another great example. Painting with labels. It is painting by number for simpletons. Just like all (R)'s are good and all (D)'s are bad.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
That's another great example. Painting with labels. It is painting by number for simpletons. Just like all (R)'s are good and all (D)'s are bad.

Maybe some day Mike you will grasp the concept of reading for content. I know it is hard for some…but I am sure you can learn.

I have never stated what you wrote above.

The country runs on majorities…in case you haven’t got that one down yet.

The policy of the Democratic Party is not good. Almost nothing in it that I can agree with.

The GOP is also far from perfect. It is very flawed.

However, the general trend the GOP leads the country in IS far superior to that of the Democrats.

It takes the Executive Branch and a majority in Congress to lead the country.

Right now, again in case still haven’t been able to comprehend, elections are binary choices between R and D. I personally choose the party who trends with my desires. I don’t cut off my nose to spite my face. And age and experience have taught me that sometimes you have to take the bad with the good to get anything accomplished. Your mileage may vary. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
I cant say Tucker is where I would go for the truth... about anything.

That quote sums it all up, yet despite all your intellect, lane, you had the gall to post something from Carlson, presented as truth. Unless you were just trolling, it says a lot about your ability to sort things out. You can rationalize it all you want.

The evidence suggests ---- among other things, Carlson makes a living off trolling for suckers, and he has trolled millions of people/suckers.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19674 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Not sure about our mileage varying but I am pretty sure that our respective senses of character, ethics and morality vary pretty dramatically.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
You will throw the baby out with the bath water and I won’t.

You are a good example of how we end up with Biden as President.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When did senses of character, ethics and morality take second fiddle to party, before or after Trump?

IOW, did Trump trump party virtues or were they trumped before Trump? Smiler

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19674 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The fentanyl content was a measurement, not an editorial opinion. Doesn't excuse kneeling on Floyd's neck.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14373 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

You like to talk about binary choices. In a binary choice between Trump and Biden, yes I will take Biden. As Carter proves, we can survive an incompetent president. A seditionist, not so much.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson finally proved to be too big a liar for Fox News.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9568 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nute,

George Floyd had high levels of fentanyl and meth in his system. He resisted arrest. He could have sat quietly in the car. He didn’t…his fault. There is no good autopsy evidence to suggest neck trauma caused asphyxiation which could lead to cardiopulmonary arrest. He had plenty of other good reasons flowing in blood to arrest. Just saying this conviction was NOT “beyond a shadow of a doubt.” It was won on sensationalism of a video. Based on what I know…I would not have voted to convict Chauvin.

The biochemistry of the RNA of SARS CoV-2 suggests a likely lab alteration. The virus has not been found (with extensive search) in nature. There is plenty of circumstantial evidence to suggest it was a lab leak from NIHS co-fundeded research in Wuhan. There is also a communication string now uncovered that shows Fauci himself was worried about this being the case early on. The communication string also shows intent to cover up this possibility.

Now it may be hyperbole to say Fauci conspired with China to create Covid. Albeit, likely that NIHS money did help create it. But…he DID conspire to cover-up “the real possibility” that the virus could be leaked from a lab in which he had connection.

With respect, you are not a doctor. The one who undertook the autopsy stands by the conclusion of homicide, as do numerous others who are better qualified than either of us.

The video, which you thought was great, presents the cops conviction as a miscarriage of justice, that there was no homicide, and that there is some sort of conspiracy to cover up the facts. Its unsubstantiated rubbish. If there was any validity to the way that Mr Carlson presents it we can expect lawyers acting for the convicted cop to be getting his conviction overturned in short order ... but not won't happen.

The way i9n which it was presented in the interview is a long way beyond your comments above. Its cheap sensationalism with no greater journalistic validity than the daily mail Saeed loves so much.

Excusing outright lies as hyperbole rather than holding the speaker to account for the lies just enables the liar to continue to purvey such garbage.

Posts: 7164 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:
Nute,

With respect, you are not a doctor. The one who undertook the autopsy stands by the conclusion of homicide, as do numerous others who are better qualified than either of us.

The video, which you thought was great, presents the cops conviction as a miscarriage of justice, that there was no homicide, and that there is some sort of conspiracy to cover up the facts. Its unsubstantiated rubbish. If there was any validity to the way that Mr Carlson presents it we can expect lawyers acting for the convicted cop to be getting his conviction overturned in short order ... but not won't happen.

The way i9n which it was presented in the interview is a long way beyond your comments above. Its cheap sensationalism with no greater journalistic validity than the daily mail Saeed loves so much.

Excusing outright lies as hyperbole rather than holding the speaker to account for the lies just enables the liar to continue to purvey such garbage.

You are 100% correct, as was your earlier post on the need for Americans to get beyond party affiliation and start selecting politicians with a bit of moral fiber.

Not to worry though, Lane will soon tell us once again how smart he is and how the rest of us should follow his lead and just be good sheep so he can pay less taxes. It truly boggles the mind, good Christian and all.

One wonders if he holds Trump up as a role model for his young son. A serial adulterer, a compulsive liar, a fraud, a sedationist...but hey, he is a Republican so it is all good.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So you are claiming Trump is a seditious president and we can’t survive that?

What? Are you saying Trump is still the real president and Biden is some sort of shadow of Trump?

Or that the US is imaginary now?

Or is the whole quote kind of BS?

I get Trump is bad, and should be repudiated… but this quote is either hyperbolic BS (and you indulge as much as anyone else here) or you are just plain stupidly wrong…

quote:
quote:

You like to talk about binary choices. In a binary choice between Trump and Biden, yes I will take Biden. As Carter proves, we can survive an incompetent president. A seditionist, not so much.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:
Nute,

With respect, you are not a doctor.

I am not an MD but yes a doctor of veterinary medicine with a tremendous amount of pathological training across species INCLUDING humans. I am quite “qualified” to interpret pathological changes. I read the autopsy report and there were no clear cut changes indicating asphyxiation.

The one who undertook the autopsy stands by the conclusion of homicide, as do numerous others who are better qualified than either of us.

As well as there are those that don’t BECAUSE it was not clear cut and other plausible reasons were present.

The video, which you thought was great, presents the cops conviction as a miscarriage of justice,

It was in my estimation.

that there was no homicide,

Homicide is a broad term. George Floyd died because resisted arrest…vigorously. Technically, anyway you slice it…it is homicide. Personally, I don’t believe it was criminal homicide. Don’t want a cop to put you on the ground…don’t resist arrest. The video rightfully claims there weren’t clear cut lesions of asphyxiation.

and that there is some sort of conspiracy to cover up the facts.

It seems to me that there was. Just like there was with the cop that shot the Michael Brown kid before the evidence overwhelmingly proved him innocent. Chauvin’s case was a closer call but there is reasonable doubt present and documented plausible alternative causes. That should have kept him from conviction…beyond reasonable doubt.

Its unsubstantiated rubbish.

Your opinion. I see it otherwise.

If there was any validity to the way that Mr Carlson presents it we can expect lawyers acting for the convicted cop to be getting his conviction overturned in short order ... but not won't happen.

It very well may. Some of this new. But overturning convictions is a tough hill to climb without concrete proof like DNA or something.

Again your opinion. I don’t share it.

You lost me here.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
George Floyd might have died without a smug, arrogant, cop on his neck. The fact is; he did die with a smug, arrogant cop on his neck. There were two idiots in the picture; the drug dealer, and the cop on his neck. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3524 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
No sir, the cop was just doing his job.

You go subdue a large man who works as a bouncer who is high on meth and fentanyl and don’t hurt him. I sure as hell don’t want the job.

Don’t want a cop on your neck…stay in the cruiser where he first put you…pretty simple actually.

When Floyd came out of that cruiser…he forfeited most of his rights.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Tonight we get the law and order Lane. Tomorrow we get the FBI is corrupt, January 6 was a tour that got a little unruly, Trump is being unfairly prosecuted and law enforcement sucks Lane. He’s nothing if not inconsistent.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No sir, the cop was just doing his job.

You go subdue a large man who works as a bouncer who is high on meth and fentanyl and don’t hurt him. I sure as hell don’t want the job.

Don’t want a cop on your neck…stay in the cruiser where he first put you…pretty simple actually.

When Floyd came out of that cruiser…he forfeited most of his rights.

No, no he did not. He did not forfeit his right not to be killed on the unlawful use of force.

The Jury findings of fact will not be disturbed on appeal. Appeal will come down to errors in law that those facts are applied to.

It is not supposition. It is a judicial finding beyond a reasonable doubt. You do not and would not qualify to give opinion testimony in this matter. Your position in supposition is opinion of a lay man as much as a janitor would have.

Police shall use only force necessary,or suffer consequences.

We know what Carlson thinks of race relations, policing and race, and the truth. Those three things got him fired.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So Lane is now disputing the verdict by a jury the cop's lawyer helped select?

On the basis of a Tucker Carlson video? I watched the video and know bullshit when I see it. Selective, biased reporting at best.

Lane, your disregard of what a jury had to say on the basis of some celebrity's video belies what you claim about your experience and expertise as a doctor and scientist. Go back to vet school!

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Twitter has become the social platform with the highest degree of misinformation and inaccurate content since Musk removed all moderation on what is posted there.

“Tony Fauchi worked with the Chinese to create the virus “

“ the whole George Floyd story was a lie”

“ did he ( the cop) murder George Floyd and the answer is well no, he didn’t “

“George Floyd, according the the official autopsy, was not murdered”

Blah blah ad nauseam …

https://blogs.scientificameric...lighting-of-america/

https://apnews.com/article/fac...psy-new-892530421961

https://www.reuters.com/world/...st-tells-2021-04-09/

“Doctor who performed Floyd autopsy stands by homicide conclusion”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Maybe some day Mike you will grasp the concept of reading for content. I know it is hard for some…but I am sure you can learn.

I have never stated what you wrote above.

The country runs on majorities…in case you haven’t got that one down yet.

The policy of the Democratic Party is not good. Almost nothing in it that I can agree with.

The GOP is also far from perfect. It is very flawed.

However, the general trend the GOP leads the country in IS far superior to that of the Democrats.

It takes the Executive Branch and a majority in Congress to lead the country.

Right now, again in case still haven’t been able to comprehend, elections are binary choices between R and D. I personally choose the party who trends with my desires. I don’t cut off my nose to spite my face. And age and experience have taught me that sometimes you have to take the bad with the good to get anything accomplished. Your mileage may vary. Wink

The republicans can't even elect a SOTH so we can have a functioning Congress. You belong to a party of nuts and cranks.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:

On the basis of a Tucker Carlson video? I watched the video and know bullshit when I see it. Selective, biased reporting at best.

Lane, your disregard of what a jury had to say on the basis of some celebrity's video belies what you claim about your experience and expertise as a doctor and scientist. Go back to vet school!

While it is likely the best system possible…juries get it wrong not uncommonly. Most lawyers I know still sit on pins and needles for verdicts in the most cut-and-dry cases. Why? Because juries get it wrong…like with OJ.

I had disdain for that jury finding the minute they returned it. Derek Chauvin was doing his job and was sent to prison for it. A hard job. A job none of us want. None of us had to subdue a large violent man trained in fighting and high on meth and fentanyl.

The autopsy findings were equivocal…no concrete proof of asphyxiation…little to even suggest. Other plausible causes of cardiopulmonary arrest were present. The burden was not met. There is reasonable doubt as to whether Chauvin’s restraint asphyxiated Floyd.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The issue not whether the “jury got it wrong” based on the subjectivity of which isle or table you set at.

The question is did the lawyers provide bad law on the jury instructions or did the judge admit inadmissible, inappropriate evidence/testimony.

The fact the jury rejected the theory of the case you are predisposed to agree with does not make the jury “wrong.”

You did not watch the trial, her any testimony, read any jury instructions, nor are you qualified to offer opinion that would be admissible concerning cause of death.

Juries can pick which experts to believe. You better be sweating it. That is bc no one should take a prosecution to trial that you would be surprised to lose. The point is to indict and try cases that meet s beyond reasonable doubt.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like Tucker. It is a great interview. Very little talking by Tucker.

Kensco,
I was walking in the bed of the Little Wichita between Wichita Falls and Henrietta last Monday. I thought about you. Other times however…I wonder what planet you are from. This is one of those moments.

Interview? Very little talking by Carlson? Isn’t this the same guy who stated in emails that he hated Trump?? I must have watched a different tweet than you did; although I admit I quit watching after 3-4 minutes of Carlson bullshit. The nausea was too much…

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13145 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
The issue not whether the “jury got it wrong” based on the subjectivity of which isle or table you set at.

The question is did the lawyers provide bad law on the jury instructions or did the judge admit inadmissible, inappropriate evidence/testimony.

The fact the jury rejected the theory of the case you are predisposed to agree with does not make the jury “wrong.”

You did not watch the trial, her any testimony, read any jury instructions, nor are you qualified to offer opinion that would be admissible concerning cause of death.

Juries can pick which experts to believe. You better be sweating it. That is bc no one should take a prosecution to trial that you would be surprised to lose. The point is to indict and try cases that meet s beyond reasonable doubt.

This case was far from being beyond reasonable doubt.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:

While it is likely the best system possible…juries get it wrong not uncommonly. Most lawyers I know still sit on pins and needles for verdicts in the most cut-and-dry cases. Why? Because juries get it wrong…like with OJ.

I had disdain for that jury finding the minute they returned it. Derek Chauvin was doing his job and was sent to prison for it. A hard job. A job none of us want. None of us had to subdue a large violent man trained in fighting and high on meth and fentanyl.

The autopsy findings were equivocal…no concrete proof of asphyxiation…little to even suggest. Other plausible causes of cardiopulmonary arrest were present. The burden was not met. There is reasonable doubt as to whether Chauvin’s restraint asphyxiated Floyd.

If the conviction is as unsafe as you suggest the cops legal team would be all over it. If it was as unsafe as the biased, slanted and inaccurate interview which is masquerading as journalism stated he would already be out by now.

Lets assume the cop was just doing his job (which I wholeheartedly agree is difficult and not something I would want to do), but look at this from a different angle. He is given extensive training on how to do his job and no doubt there are endless procedures he has to follow.

Surely if he was following training and procedures he could not have been held responsible for homicide ... or there would be some sort of fuss about incorrect training /procedures.

The fact that everyone and his dogs first response to anything is to whip out a camera, plus body cams, means that what went on was pretty well documented.

As he didn't have the defence that he was following training .... ?