I like beer.
It makes me a jolly good fellow
I like beer.
It helps me unwind
and sometimes it makes me feel mellow

How 'bout all ya'll???

JAPPF,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't favor beer, other alcohol or drugs either.

We don't drink here and are quite happy about it.

My late dad who was my hero taught us all about guns and the joy of work.

He was so admired by those he worked with and for that even when his health was failing in his early 80's they picked him up at home and brought him back home after work.

He never drank. Cool

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Who gives a fuck if you Dad chose to not drink beer or "other alcohol either."

That was his choice, and IMO, a wrong one.

For millennia mankind has eased the pain of daily living with various alcoholic products. All right, no, all wrong, no.

I like beer, I like wine, I like spirits and I don't give a fuck whether you like them or not.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
S99,

My condolences,

dancing

Pears sent!

beer

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You and I are sitting here doing almost nothing and one of us is losing it?

When I visited my dad and mother in their home which was frequently I would know he would be in his basement workshop where he had machinery being a life long tool and die maker and shop owner.

I would run down the stairs and he would turn and greet me, that eye loupe on his glasses.

He would be enthusiastic about something he had just made better.

What a good, happy life. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Savage_99:
You and I are sitting here doing almost nothing and one of us is losing it?

Au Contrair Mon Frere!!

Sheer conjecture on your part.

For all you know, I might be saving the civilized world........

one beer at a time......

and surely even the most frivolous soliloquy would suggest,

that such an endeavor would be pretty "heady" stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by Savage_99:

When I visited my dad and mother in their home which was frequently I would know he would be in his basement workshop where he had machinery being a life long tool and die maker and shop owner.

I would run down the stairs and he would turn and greet me, that eye loupe on his glasses.

He would be enthusiastic about something he had just made better.

What a good, happy life. Smiler

Good for him!

But, I must needs ask,

Who Pizzed in your Cheerios?

JAPPF,

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, as for me; "Whiskey's too rough, champagne costs too much, Vodka puts my mouth in gear. As I wish to explain by Geedubya's little refrain; as a matter of fact, I Like Beer". Yep, ole Tom T. was quite the sage.

I've always been of the opinion that the only reason the Great Almighty let us come up with the idea of brewing beer was to make the tomato juice just go farther. flame

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Who gives a fuck if you Dad drank beer or "other alcohol either."

That was his choice, and IMO, a wrong one.

For millinia mankind has eased the pain of daily living with various alcoholic products. All right, no, all wrong,no.

I like beer, I like wine, I like spirits and I don't give a fuck whether you like them or not.

You sure can tell Fat Cat is a true class act.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I repeat myself.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:

I repeat myself.

Plus a big one.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do care if you and I are sober, careful and trustworthy.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
This thread proves:

God is great
Beer is good
And people are crazy

In keeping with the song theme, I am pretty good at drinking beer and the brews you have pictured make me awfully thirsty. beer

Mike

Posts: 21222 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, give me ur top 5 beers in the world...

My personal nr.1 in turnover is Duvel. Allways works...a bit strong perhaps for those not used to hard hitting beers but its ok.....they can learn... dancing

fat chicks inc.

Posts: 475 | Location: Belgien | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Life is better with beer. I like Yuengling Lager, Southern Tier Phin & Matts, Dos Equis Amber, Sam Adams Boston Lager and a bunch of other ones. Even an Old Milwaukee goes good with something from the grill.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A fellow came home a little tipsy. His wife bundled him into the car and drove over to a large brewery. Look at that, she said. Look at the size of it. Don't you realize you can't drink it all?
"No, said the fellow, but I've got them working 3 shifts."

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And, of course, there's the one by WC fields: "I pity the man that doesn't do business with John Barleycorn. When he wakes up in the morning, that's he best he's going to feel all day."

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I loved beer and when I got where I couldn't drink enough of it to get the job done I switched to bourbon and learned to love it also.They were hard on my marriage, The Lord found me and I quit my drinking. I am still married to my very best friend 36 years later we have five children and seven grandchildren and they are worth more to me than all the beer that has every been brewed or all the bourbon thats ever been bottled in the great state of Kentucky. I not sure if I mentioned it but my wife is the best thing that every happened to me and I know that if I had continued on my beer drinking ways I would have lost her. Bryan

Posts: 583 | Location: keene, ky | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it is all in moderation.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A pair of Ruby Redbirds in my back yard............

They are native to Shiner Texas, but can sometimes be found in Pearville during the spring and summer months.

Luv it!

JAPPF,

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn't it attributed to Ben Franklin the statement, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"?

Not sure I can come up with 5 favorite beers; but at the golf course my two favorites are: cold and free. rotflmo Poor folks have poor ways.......enjoy

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a curiosity that people that don't drink worry and fret about people that do. However, people that drink don't even think about people that don't....... as long as they stay quiet. Which, by the way, seems to be an impossibility for them.

Aim for the exit hole

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good one Beeman!

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Funny- I used to smoke now I can't stand cigarette smoke.
Used to drink (to excess) haven't had a drop in 12 years and don't miss it, but by God, I don't begrudge any man that appreciates beer, and have no issues with being in the company of drinkers either.

To your health, Geedubya!

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ever get in one of those moods........

JAPPF,

GWB

One of Us
Picture of lost okie
posted Hide Post
I like Beer!!! Sam Adams Boston is about the tops in this little burg.
I do have a fondness for single malt as well; but nothing sophisticated.
Good liquor, smokes, nice cutting and shooting stuff and men who can disagree like hell and still laugh about it.
Mike

Posts: 350 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 01 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like beer myself........my tastes are not near as refined.....

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Special Export,
use to make it at Henry Weinhardt brewery in Portland, Oregon in the early 90's as well as Boston Lager. Boston Lager is over-rated and over-priced.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Can't drink dark beer. i like weissbier but it doesn't like me. Enjoyed Murphy's once in a while, haven't seen it in the bars lateley.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I have a beer, I prefer Becks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy a Lone Star nowadays.

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like beer, and I like making beer. Been brewing now for about 2 years.
Favorites are definetly beligium triples and quads. Ommengang is good stuff
Otherthan that it is bocks and dopplebocks such as shiner for me. Not big into bitter IPAs

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IPA, porter and stout during the cold months....hefeweisen during the warm. Bud light when I'm drinking 12......and thin red beer when I'm killing time at elk camp.

Just think savage.....your dad may have lived to 110 if he drank beer! Wink

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or anything else with alcohol in it.............. jumping

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know if this has been said before, but, How in the hell can they make it so good and sell it so cheap!

I like the craft brews, IPA's, etc. There is one her in MN that I had last nite with dinner, Surley, make right here in north Mpls. Good chit man. Or, Summit Brewing's Saga.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lost okie
posted Hide Post
Once upon a time about 15 years ago I had a layover in Milwaukee airport.
They had a local beer on tap; I think the name was Red Lion. Maybe it was because I had been in airports all day; but that was really damn good beer.
mike

Posts: 350 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 01 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
All things in moderation.

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
Don't know if this has been said before, but, How in the hell can they make it so good and sell it so cheap!

I like the craft brews, IPA's, etc. There is one her in MN that I had last nite with dinner, Surley, make right here in north Mpls. Good chit man. Or, Summit Brewing's Saga.

You should try Steel Toe's Size 7 IPA, brewed in St. Louis Park. Surly just opened up their huge new brewery with a massive increase in capacity, so we won't run out of it. I'm surrounded by breweries in Northeast Minneapolis (the tasty winter ale in my fridge was brewed less than a mile away) and they are making some great stuff. Plus there's Summit as you say and of course there's a reason Schell in New Ulm has been in business for over 150 years. Duluth has some good breweries too.

Yep, we've got it really good here!

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drink about 15-20 beers a year. I like Sam Adams Boston Lager and Octoberfest. I am also very fond of Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout.

I have a bottle of mead given to me by our friend Jeffe. Been sitting in the fridge unopened for almost 5 years now.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

I like blondes

and brunettes.

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I worked night shift at a production plant, in the maintenance department. The fellow that I relieved every afternoon, who was quite a bit older than me, was complaining about not ever having any money. I asked him how much those beers cost him down at the VFW every evening. He said " Not near enough, they are worth $5 a piece"

It's hard to argue with logic like that!

Posts: 497 | Location: Edgewood, Texas | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am heart broken. My local watering hold, Buffalo Wild Wings in Texarkana raised their prices on 22 ounce Sam Adams Lager to $8.50 EACH. I mean, we're talking E Texas here, not NYC. I'm done with BWW. Frowner

xxxxxxxxxx