One of Us
posted
All I can post is a link

https://imgur.com/gallery/vzF03

Not the image

Anyone know how to post the image?

Thanks

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 679 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
Or...here are some instructions I posted earlier on how to replace your Photobucket links with imgur links. If you just want to add a photo to a new post and the photo is already on imgur, you can go straight to step 8; get the BBCode image tag and paste it right into your message.

Repost...

For what it's worth, after my last experience with Photobucket, where I was barely able to upload photos due to all the ads, I looked around and decided to try imgur.com.

This afternoon, I just replaced by trip report photos hosted at Photobucket with photos hosted at imgur.com.

From what I can see, the advantages to imgur is that there are no ads (that I saw), it has a very uncluttered interface, and changing out my links to Photobucket pictures was "relatively easy" (Your mileage may vary.) Oh yes, it's free.

If there are disadvantages, I'd be glad to hear about them.

For what it's worth, here's a short tutorial based on my experience today. This might help you if you want to give it a try. Or not.

The steps were something like:
1. Login to imgur.com with my Google account.
2. Create a new album.
3. Drag and drop the photos to upload them. (All done from my desktop computer; I have not looked to see what is possible with phone apps.)
4. Resize each photo to a width of 1024 pixels. I did this on the web interface rather than resizing the photos before I uploaded them. If I was using a slow internet connection, I might resize the photos first.

Then, from accuratereloading.com, I:
6. Opened my post. and pressed the edit button.
7. I selected and copied all the text from my post to notepad.

The BBCode image tags are obtained by hovering the mouse over your photo and clicking on the down caret, then choosing "Get share links"

That will give you this choice; click on "BBCode (Forums)"

Then, paste the image tag into your text file and replace the Photobucket image tag.

9. When I was done replacing all the BBCode image tags that pointed to Photobucket with new ones that pointed to imgur.com, I copied the entire revised text and pasted it into the edit window, replacing the old text.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jeff

I was using the app on the phone and could not find a link.

Your youtube video is great.

Amazing what youtube and visual teaching can do.

Thank you so much for putting it on the info video.

Anyone want to guess how big the buff is - was at mokore less than a week ago.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post