THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    An open apology to any and all I may of offended
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An open apology to any and all I may of offended Login/Join 
one of us
posted
My name is ScottS and I had some issues earlier here with some folks. That was then,and this is now; and that I would like to apologize to Saeed and to the members here for being little out of control on occasion. I value the time I spend here, and would like to make amends with all of you whom I may have crossed swords with. Consider this my open apology to all of you, and please consider giving me a second chance here.

ScottS
making amends one day at a time.

Posts: 1662 | Location: USA | Registered: 27 November 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
No. Now go away forever.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kumbayah!

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
C'mon George. At least give him a chance to show if he is contrite and sincere in his desire to rehabilitate himself here.

Per one Robert Burns "...there's so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us; that it hardly behooves any of us to speak ill of the rest of us..."

I say one last chance for ScottS to get it right here.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It takes character to admit fault, especially publicly. Always a good move.

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just my two cents:

" It is just that we should be grateful, not only to those with whose views we may agree, but also to those who have expressed more superficial views; for these also contributed something, by developing before us the powers of thought. - Aristotle "

PAPI

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
Just my two cents:

Whatever, M*therf**ker!
-Cleon Salmon, "The Slammin' Salmon," est. 2009.

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Were you the one he offended?

Not to presume to speak for our moderator, but ScottS did a lot of trolling under various handles 7-8 years back (if he's who I believe, my apologizes if incorrect), much or which was obvious, but some could potentially lead someone starting out astray.

We all change and move on and hopefully grow, so I personally accept his statement at face value until I have reason to believe otherwise. Life is too short to do otherwise.

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
The guy hasnt put the boot into me personally , but having read a bit of the shit that fell outta his keyboard - I suggest letting him stay , on a probationary period whereby one slip and he is gone forever.Maybe 12 months to prove he is a changed person?

If his past record as posted is correct then a final chance may - just may - be ok .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Omnivorous_Bob:
It takes character to admit fault, especially publicly. Always a good move.

Bob

+ 1

It's a good start anyway.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
The guy has apologized, recanted, trolled, and changed stories so many time over the years that there is no real way to tell if anything he says about himself is true. It does get old after awhile as he resurfaces with a new story after a period of dormancy, frequently heralded by a thread titled something like "What Should I get for My First Big Bore?"

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He is a serial troll. Don't fall for it guys! Remember you simply can't argue or reason with a sociopath.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
The guy has apologized, recanted, trolled, and changed stories so many time over the years that there is no real way to tell if anything he says about himself is true. It does get old after awhile as he resurfaces with a new story after a period of dormancy, frequently heralded by a thread titled something like "What Should I get for My First Big Bore?"

+1

And how many times has he resurfaced with a new screen name as the same troll? Remember Axel?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why, considering how many other members and potential members there are/could be, do we want to be nice to a troll? I clicked on it to see what was the going on but otherwise his posts are all blocked on my end. I don't remember why I ignored him to begin with, but don't see a need to second guess myself.

Is this thread really a sincere heartfelt change or was it a ploy to 1. get attention 2. draw some of us who have been ignoring him back in 3. gain a bit more audience for a little while.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
scotts is judy is axel is assclown is poseur is toddg is 500AHR is teg is dargonlady? is is is is ...

http://forums.accuratereloadin...=897107601#897107601

6 years, 10 months, 2.5 weeks ago -- same story, different verse

looks like a meltdown every 18 months .. frust breakdown was todd something or other ...

though, of late, he's actually showing proof, rather than ranting.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38464 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
let those who are perfect continue to throw stones.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
assclown

I remember that one.
The handle was accurate.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:

Look out here comes an inbound rock Big Grin

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:

The gulf between an honest mistake and habitual trolling is pretty vast...

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
scotts is judy is axel is assclown is poseur is toddg is 500AHR is teg is dargonlady? is is is is ..

I remember them well, they were/are, indeed, total assclowns. And probably still are.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott
If you still have my number/e-mail get ahold of me for lunch sometime.
I still work for the same company, but we relocated the plant a couple miles away from the old one.
You still at the same shop?

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WORLDHUNTER1
posted Hide Post
The problem is we have way too many posters that don’t show any civility. Do we need one more?

Posts: 238 | Location: MI | Registered: 04 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner,

I think I still have you business card at work. I'll see if I can find it.

I must of PO'd someone with my 500 A2 shooting video as the thread got locked out by GeorgeS after Robgunbuilder had a meltdown. Not sure what I did, but now I am back making a "I'm sorry for posting something the big bore experts didn't like" thread at the request of one of the big bore regulars.

Posts: 1662 | Location: USA | Registered: 27 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Hi- my name is Scott Sweet and I'm a SERIAL asshole!- Dont let the door knob hit you in the ass on the way out! You don't fool anyone. I had a bet when you'd post the Ol Apology gambit. So predicable, So PATHETIC! Time to ask your psychiatrist for a higher DOSE of Lithium again! While its admirable that some AR members would give you another chance, I know once a RAT always a RAT. Scott take my advice and let the voices in your head subside. You'll feel better later! Now tape up your depends and go nigthy nite.-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ScottS is the same second rate troll he always was, but he still shows his ability to suck his old nemeses into meaningless threads. He has got George and Jeff above pretty much right away. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

On a serious note what boggles my mind is the fact someone like 500 grains, possibly one of the most knowledgable bigbore guys who ever posted here gets banned(so I have been led to beleive), yet the multiple handle lunatic who posts phantom results and erroneous load data has been allowed to persist here for 7-8 years...

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karl:
ScottS is the same second rate troll he always was, but he still shows his ability to suck his old nemeses into meaningless threads. He has got George and Jeff above pretty much right away. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

On a serious note what boggles my mind is the fact someone like 500 grains, possibly one of the most knowledgable bigbore guys who ever posted here gets banned(so I have been led to beleive), yet the multiple handle lunatic who posts phantom results and erroneous load data has been allowed to persist here for 7-8 years...

Hey budy! Stay safe over there...
Uh oh... 500 Grains is a can of worms here lol

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27596 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Karl-makes an excellent point. 500 grs added more knowledge here than nearly anyone else and had more Ele hunting experience than some PH's. He told it like it is and absolutely despised our buddy ScottS.I too wish he wasn't banned.-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ScottS

I would say that the true measure of your sincerety will be your ability to ignore (refrain from commenting) on the personal attacks that you are now receiving. If you can really do that, (reamain civil in the face of all of this adversity), you will have shown who the real Assclowns now are.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Anyone who behaves badly, under an assumed name, on the Internet, has a major flow in his character.

One should conduct himself on the Internet in the same manner as he would when he is face to face with another person.

Coming back and asking for forgiveness does not make it alright.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

We all, except for a very few, operate under "assumed names" on this board.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes but Saeed also said "behaves badly". That is the key. Now what is BAD? Being critical of a cartridge design? Although it is easy to come across a bit edgy on the web. Each web forum has its own flavor. Gun guys are not noted for soft spoken turn other cheek behavior. Not all. Moderator sets the tone. I see a lot of name calling. I assume that is acceptable on this forum.

I think " V V A R R I O R " is a good example of bad behavior. Why? Why is he not banned for hounding WARRIOR at his every post? And, the URL address should also be blocked so the pia is blocked from rejoining, or posting under his other name, from that same computer connection.

Posts: 1226 | Location: New England  | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed

We all, except for a very few, operate under "assumed names" on this board.

Which just encourages and perpetuates shoddy behavior. I, for one, think folks ought to have to use their names. It would result in more accountability and civility.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which just encourages and perpetuates shoddy behavior. I, for one, think folks ought to have to use their names. It would result in more accountability and civility.

Well I, for one, damn sure disagree. I'm not hiding, many people in here know who I am and where I'm located, but I see no reason to make it easier for thieves, kidnappers or other scum to figure out where I live. As I've stated elsewhere, I am fairly confident in my and my families ability to handle bad situations, but anyone who thinks they can't be had is a fool. I live 45 minutes as a timed response from help from LEOs. By the time they arrive, assuming I could get a call into 9-11, it will all be over but the funeral expenses for us or the bad guys.

There are at least two other sites, ABS and CKCA, that I am a paid member of that I refuse to post on their forums for that exact reason, that is, they require you to post under your real name.

Paranoid, possibly, a bit. But as the old saying goes, "Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you."

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I totally agree with what " Gatogordo " stated.

One of my co-workers " Googled " my name. I was surprised on how much info was already available, online .. YIPES !!

PAPI
fishing

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
There is nothing wrong with using a "handle" as it were to post on open public forums.

Trouble starts when that individual thinks he can hide behind it and behave like an idiot.

How many times have we had posters do that on here in the past?

And to prove how stupid they are, we have managed to find exactly who they actually are, including their names and addresses, with freely available software on the Internet.

I think people don't realize that if they participate on the Internat, the likelyhood of their names being discovered is very high.

I won't even comment on those who participate on so called "social websites" like facebook etc.

A mentione was made of blocking an IP address.

In the old days that worked fine.

Nowadays ISPs use rorating IP addresses, that they make available to different people. So blocking an IP address blocks many others, not just one individual.

But, if one notes the time of a specific IP address being used by an individual, the ISP can pinpoint it to a single computer.

This is a requirement by government regulations - world wide!

And just to add to your fears, ISPs are REQUIRED BY LAW to keep a record of ALL your web surfing, and emails, for a specific period of time.

Sorry about all this bad news.

It is the times.

You want to be anonymous?

Don't get a drivers license.
Don't get a credit card.
Don't open a bank account.
Don't get a job.
Never use any public transport that requires you to have a ticket with your name on it.
It would also help if you do not have a birth certificate.

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What happens to internet trolls and posers in the modern age, as Saeed said...

Example Here

Once this moron hit the web, the collective "web" helped track him down and the FBI had been looking for him. No joke.

Skunks don't change stripes, and unless you want to live barefoot in the jungle, anybody can find out anything about you, and often WILL if you go out of your way to offend people.

Never type anything you wouldn't say in person. If you do all bets are off. If you are dishonest in person, all bets are TRULY OFF...

FWIW, 2.5 DECADES AGO I copy-wrote some songs for my garage band beer money honky-tonk gig. If you google my name, you can find me in the Library of Congress related to my collection of missed "hits", that even surprised ME and I'm pretty web aware.

Just wondering, though, if I:
Don't get a drivers license.
Don't get a credit card.
Don't open a bank account.
Don't get a job.
Never use any public transport that requires you to have a ticket with your name on it.
Do not have a birth certificate.
And refuse to release any of my academic records can I be president and go on safaris on Air Force One instead of flying Delta through Senegal?

Sorry, had to, I know, cheap joke...

RIMSHOT.

Posts: 176 | Location: Earth | Registered: 18 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boondocker
posted Hide Post
I agree that internet handles are good,as in the fact that some folks get a kick out of getting real info so they can smear you and insult you from their cozy internet command bunker. Daman has proved this many times over as his insecure childish personality proves it time and again. Yet he stays and 500 gets banned go figure. I guess its who you know or who you #^%^$ here. Let the smack down begin. It is not so much as his political views the bothers me as his ongoing insulting of everyone that is a conservative then he waits for a snarky reply. He is for sure an attention whore that is deprived from a secure family life. Hell his own family probably can't stand him.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

“The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.”

When the SHTF he with the most lead will retain the most gold!

Posts: 647 | Location: Pa | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
500 grains did not like certain members, and he made it his life's ambition to make life as miserable for them as for the rest of us on the forums.

He was warned more times than I have ever warned anyone to stop his crusade, both publicly and privately.

He insisted on disregarding my wishes.
That left me no choice but to ban him.

And before anyone reminds me of what right he had.

On these forums no one has any rights if they do not follow our rules.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin your have the right to fallow the rules period end of story!!!!!!!!!!! if you don't like the rules tough. Saeed is kind enough to offer this forum to use without all the bs other forums have IE advertising. And he put's up with more brain dead ignorant clueless people than I would if I was in his place. SO once again Thank You Saeed!!

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too, wish 500gr was still here. But one cannot butt heads with the owner and stick around. He had a lot to offer...

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote