New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trolls
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
This is in representation to troll handles, not to any PERSON as these people are not traceable to a specific person. Therefore, this is not libel, rather statement of facts as presented in these forums.

to bring those who don't know up to speed.

the forums had/has an infestation of trolls, under the various guises of axel, todd E, sniper in the grassy knoll (that one drives me nuts) 500 ahr, NRA Chick, TEG,and several others. ah yeas, and Steve S-something

Judy presented herself as todd's wife, and a medical doctor. Axel presented himself as a coworker of todd, an engineer, a german national, who owned guns.. no wait, his WIFE owns guns. (i am a little confused on WHO's wife this troll might be at this point)

Axel asks for someone to help him post pictures of HIS 458 winmag, on a model 70.... the picture he sends is INTERESTING, to say the least.. when called that the gun is NOT what's represented, he explains that it's a 450 watts on a Winchester pre64 supergrade 458 win mag, that is "dad' spent about 100 hours turning into a square bridged action...

Funny, it's a CZ 550... and the round posted with it is a 500 AHR.. oh, yeah, and the picture is copied FROM AHR as a demo of one of THEIR guns on their website....

Axel then demands he'll (have made, actually) both a 458 and 22LR DGR-designed rifles, and won't post until they are done.

Funny, both Axel and Todd are HUGE on action-strength calculations and are "experts" on all things related to gunsmithing and reloading, yet never have they built a rifle or presented pictures of THEIR rifles. When they post pictures, they admit that these are NOT their guns

Judy picks up in the middle, claiming loads of FIRST HAND knowledge, but admits she's only taken a shot at an elk, with her husbands (getting the circular logic here) 416 Rigby, but missed...

Judy, last December, defended "her man" ToddE who had a huge mental break down on this forum, and now claims they are never involved... Judy, who other than being a medical doctor, is also a waitress at a local waffle house, again, her own admission, who speaks fluent Canadian French, but can't decipher simple phrases (see political forum) in that language.

As, yes, all three major personae are infallible unless they correct themselves, and go into massive tirades if questioned, but feel free to attack anyone at will, at length.

Now, to their credit, they are masters at 3 techniques in their discourses 1: spurious and/or specious arguments 2: Strawman/misdirection and 3: nontopical discourse/ranting/playing the victim.

1 Spurious adj 1: plausible but false; Much like the old joke along the lines of "if you place a rooster on the edge of a roof, and it lays an egg, which side will it fall down" neither, as it's a rooster. Specious Apparently right; superficially fair, just, or correct, but not so in reality; appearing well at first view. As in Axel's bragging that he and his dad turned a $1500 winchester into a $600 cz and it's a 458 watts, not a 500ahr. (which now seems to be a 495asquare.. morphed again, as neither todd nor axel ever claimed one of these)

2: strawman... great tactic to pull folks off topic... Like saying .. "he says abc will happen, and therefore he must mean xyz will too, so let me tell you how bad XYZ is" This is commonly used when an example, analogy or allegory is represented. A further example is when axel POSTED that 'i have no idea how they got a hold of an old picture of my gun" <big bore forums>

3: nontopical discourse/ranting/playing the victim. These are used just before the troll claims to be leaving forever. "Why are you picking on me, I didn't do anything to you" Other than call you a liar, and a fraud in another thread. Or endless streams of PERSONAL attacks on those that disagree with it.. and then, it's final tactic... claiming to be leaving, forever.

A critical point to understand about this is that the troll never posts pictures of it's guns, hunting, or self... it always has some sort of failure to do so, or won't, or doesn't have it any more. It's data is never presented as from it's source, an example axel once posted a long discourse on the merits of various double rifle actions... and changed 1 word from a published website, but presented as his original engineering work. Then they will present other peoples data "i have extensive reloading notes on the 495 a2", but fail to mention that they never loaded a round for it.

Another hallmark is that it can never say "you know what, you might be right" or "close enough" or, my favorite phrase when i've stepped on it "fair enough, we'll leave it at that"

A communication derailer that i tend to see also is the undying requirement for it to ALWAYS be right.. if you've gotten a load, chronoed it, and posted the results, it has been known to argue that you got that from a book and those are not YOUR results, an attack on Nick makes this extremely clear (big bore forums)

another tactic is to create a new handle, ask simple questions "has anyone used a oehler system 43 pressure tester" and then act as if it invented the system, all the while merely spouting the data from the makers website and/or sale material.

lastly, and a most interesting one, it likes to have several screennames at once (you'll never see it as a logged in member) and have discussions and or arguments with itself, and then, a month or so later, admit it's the handle that it was talking with. A particularly poignant example is when axel had a huge online fight, for 3 weeks, with 500ahr... which later turned out to be another one of axel's handles. A nice turn of this tactic is to post "other people on this forum have emailed me, saying what an idiot you are, and that your profound lack of knowledge/experience is humorous to them" when it turns out that the people emailing them are other handles that the troll is using....

Sorry for such a long note
jeffe

Posts: 38486 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,

What wound you up? [Wink]

It is just tiring and I ignore them, totally. I never respond to their posts, never even read the posts, just jump right over them. If other posters do respond and it is clear that the topic has been hijacked, I skip that topic. A lot of that in the Small Game Forum (why does everything have anything to do with shooting cats?).

One would have to be particularly pathetic to participate in such a time wasting exercise.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jeffeosso,

You sir, just do not have enough to do....

Posts: 109 | Location: IL | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Hobie,
Ever had food poisoning? Trolls are like food poisoning, to me. You know, you go to a nice place, have a nice meal, and spend the night retching?

Good idea, though, to just skip any replied-to-troll thread... Hope I can take that advice.

Thanks Bill...
or, perhaps I am explaining my adgada

What you condone you endorse.

jeffe

[ 10-31-2003, 21:36: Message edited by: jeffeosso ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe, good post.

Hobie, You cut me to the quick! [Eek!] That's life, you'll figure it out one day. Probably. [Wink]

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
After reading a few of the 'Posts', you get a feeling for the content and grammer type. I always wonder when a new poster comes on with specific questions and it sounds the same.....

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Being a yooper, Michigans upper peninsula. We know where trolls live under the bridge and are fair game. When you encounter one, just ignore it don't respond to its posts sooner or later, they will go away or start making sense. Most of these have went to other forums as well, I do believe they are the PETA, anti-gun, anti-hunting crowd, did like what they did at the annual prarie dog shoot last year, they blew whistles trying to scare the dogs, the town put out a full page ad thanking them it was a record year because the curious dogs had never heard whistles like that they popped up more often.

Posts: 56 | Location: Howard City, Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
and here is a perfect example of a troll stealing someone else's pictures...

http://www.nookhill.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=004167

swany,
i know exactly where that bridge is... I can even pronouce Cheboygan right... and i've camped in the state park... sleeping bear dune.. iron mountain and copper point... lake superior is frickin COLD on the 4th of july...

and a good enough place to hunt pike and trolls

[ 11-07-2003, 06:40: Message edited by: jeffeosso ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:

What you condone you endorse.

jeffe

That's a real jem! It says so much with so little. Mind if I steal that jeffe?

Turok

[ 11-07-2003, 09:45: Message edited by: Turok ]

Posts: 219 | Location: Prince George, B.C | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Turok,
sure thing...applies lots of places

jeffe

one of us
posted Hide Post
This would almost be funny if it weren't all because someone figured out my password & been posting up here in the gun area WITH MY NAME!

Jeffeoso, I don't like talking to you, I never liked talking to you -- I haven't missed you in the political area since you left! You should KNOW that! [thinks again about who she is speaking to.]

Posts: 2404 | Location: A Blue State | Registered: 28 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Judy:
This would almost be funny if it weren't all because someone figured out my password & been posting up here in the gun area WITH MY NAME!

I think it's FUNNY AS HELL! Someone figured out my password....(Yeah, right!)

-

~judy, the lameness of your excuses when busted is exceeded only by the stupidity of your posts.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excuse me for being so ignorant, but what exactly is a troll? Is it someone who trolls the Forums, like a fisherman trolling for fish-- in essence, just moving slowly through the Forums and posting comments that really have no bearing or impact on the topic at hand (like almost all of mine)? Am I, therefore, a troll?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Troll is someone who really has no business here or anything to offer. They are just here to mostly be an ass, post bullshit or pretend they be something they are not. For a better definition check under any of "judy's" former disguises: i.e. Casey, NRACHICK, Roguemoon,~judy (with and without the squiggle, Sniperonthegrassyknoll, AXEL, etc.

Or we could just sum it up in one simple sentence. "A Troll is a liar." That's really all you need to know about ~judy...with or without the squiggle.

Several members have been particularly good at kicking this trolls ass and exposing IT as the fool it is. Jeffeosso is one of them...which is why "judy" doesn't like to talk to Jeffe. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
A Troll is someone who really has no business here or anything to offer. They are just here to mostly be an ass, post bullshit or pretend they be something they are not. For a better definition check under any of "judy's" former disguises: i.e. Casey, NRACHICK, Roguemoon,~judy (with and without the squiggle, Sniperonthegrassyknoll, AXEL, etc.

Or we could just sum it up in one simple sentence. "A Troll is a liar." That's really all you need to know about ~judy...with or without the squiggle.

Several members have been particularly good at kicking this trolls ass and exposing IT as the fool it is. Jeffeosso is one of them...which is why "judy" doesn't like to talk to Jeffe.
======================
Oh, good Lord. I don't like posting with jeffe because the boy just isn't all that bright. As for you, Peabrain -- you have no life. Enjoy your fairy tale, I'm outta here for the weekend.

Posts: 2404 | Location: A Blue State | Registered: 28 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmm, now is this the "REAL" ~judy (with or without the squiggle) talking? Or is this the phony ~judy (with or without the squiggle)...who just guessed the "REAL" ~judy etc. password? [Frown]

That's the fun thing about talking to liars. You never know if you're talking to the real liar or the liar of the liar?

HUH? [Confused]

Fire for effect, Jeffe! [Big Grin]

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Judy:

Jeffeoso, I don't like talking to you, I never liked talking to you -- I haven't missed you in the political area since you left! You should KNOW that! [thinks again about who she is speaking to.]

oppps,
I forgot "when trolls become appolgist for thier own actions" includes stating that there are multiposters on their handle... followed by a "real" appology... then a statement they are leaving for good.

jeffe

one of us
posted Hide Post
ahh Jeffe
your just pissed because IT figgured out how to measure case capacity with waffle batter. Damm that had to be a mess.
RR

Posts: 227 | Location: West Central Sask | Registered: 16 December 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RR:
ahh Jeffe
your just pissed because IT figgured out how to measure case capacity with waffle batter. Damm that had to be a mess.
RR

LMAO...

wonder if it leaves a live primer in there, and then POPS it off, to make waffle crunkies, like you can get at a fish shop?

LMAO
jeffe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Given the responses since I asked my question, I don't think I qualify as a troll. I don't post purposely to make trouble or get people honked-off, so I guess I'm OK.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is much more entertainment than I ever got on HA. Its been rather boring over there since the resident psycopath left town.

Judy darling why don't you just change your password? Of course that would remove your excuse. Better yet make it public so we all can post as you!

Later,

DM

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
if judy were a cat, she would look like this................>>>>>>  -

Posts: 78 | Location: alaska | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
<KBGuns>
posted
Jeffe, without your daily correspondence, I doubt Judy would have a reason to get up in the morning.

Hey ya Pecos, still sturring the pot in the politics forum?

Kristofer

[ 11-09-2003, 00:24: Message edited by: KBGuns ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Judy would look like Birman? [Eek!] Well, like one of the SG guys said, "Look, Birman has titties!" Ya never know eggsAckley what reality is on the 'net. [Wink]

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
<rimshot>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by rootbeer:
Excuse me for being so ignorant, but what exactly is a troll? Is it someone who trolls the Forums, like a fisherman trolling for fish-- in essence, just moving slowly through the Forums and posting comments that really have no bearing or impact on the topic at hand (like almost all of mine)? Am I, therefore, a troll?

Thanks for asking this. I too wasn't sure and was planning on asking.
riimshot
Blue Collar Shooter Magazine

one of us
posted Hide Post
Me thinks if trolling here is like fishing, where you dangle a bAit in front of a fish in order to catch him, someone has caught a boatload here. [Big Grin]

Posts: 200 | Location: Tin Top .Texas | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KBGuns:
Jeffe, without your daily correspondence, I doubt Judy would have a reason to get up in the morning.

Hey ya Pecos, still sturring the pot in the politics forum?

Kristofer

Yo, Kristofer! How you doing? Email me and tell me of your latest adventures! Jim [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
An interesting quote:

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I think that fits fairly well here. The ONLY person with access to passwords would be the system admin or the host. unfortunately InfoPOP does store passwords as text in a cgi file, however - it would be VERY tedious to go through and sort them out. hardly worth it to someone that jut wants to post forum fodder for troll effect. I call BS loud and clear!

Posts: 71 | Location: East | Registered: 15 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
jeffeoso told me come to this thread. well i made it and it really is entertaining. Being a devoute fisherman I must through in with Bubba John. [Razz] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
and I guess Scotts'

jeffe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan
If it has titties I bet they are Man Breasts
Rich

Posts: 227 | Location: West Central Sask | Registered: 16 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Basically a lot of it is just like the tagger, mostly a mis spent youth and out to agro the establisment, and then they can sit back and watch the mayhem unfold, it is an exercise in deception and guile used by these people to antoganise decent law abiding citizens whom get angry and respond ... it is like the proverbial cat trying to catch it tail, you will never succeed .. normally it will die a natural death but only after a long drawn out fight

What is the moral of the story, well remember what the aim of these jokers are, and once you have grasped that then the battle is over ... game set and match

One way of testing the human fraility to forums response is to post saying please dont reply to this message and see what happins ...

Have a happy day

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe, methinks you spend too much time on the freeways in Houston. Come to the DFW metroplex.You won't have as much "lost" time on your hands.Sometime trolls are amusing, but like my radio, I can turn them off.

Posts: 200 | Location: Tin Top .Texas | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
a blast from the past.. I think i wrote this 2 or 3 years ago?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

One of Us
Picture of JMJ888
posted Hide Post
Still relevant today. Trolls are analagous to your favorite game animal Jeffe...swine! You bait them with well though out logic and they swoop in and snatch it up. You can never lay waste to all of them because then you are left looking for something else to do. All you can hope to do is squish one every now and again but then 2 more pop up in its place.

Trolls should be considered dangerous game because they are just smart enough to almost make sense...but tragically their misinformation poisons the minds of a number of visitors to this site that are looking for credible information from supposedly educated gun enthusiasts.

All you can do is arm yourself with the 550 express of troll fighting logic...real world experience!

Posts: 436 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gosh, this thread makes me wish I had learned of this forum about five years earlier.
Why am I up at nearly 1am?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having had lunch (on several occasions) with the male poster known as ToddE-Axel--500AHR-ScottS etc, etc, all I have to say is.......you would probably soil yourself if you heard how he talks to "Judy" IRL.

BTW, he is a structerial/failure analasis engineer for a large automotive supplier, about 3 miles from where I work.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This Judy Axel stuff was going on before the switch to the new Forums. As much as things change they stay the same. LOL.

Anyone remember the guy who's aviatar was a photo of himself holding a gun and a flat back of whiskey? He posted on Bigbores alot. He was the King of all trolls. I believe a troll used a photo of a members gun he had for sale on GA or aution arms and claimed it was his,LOL I have been checking in about everyday. I thought the troll population was down, I guess not.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
BP,,
the jackdaniels troll was assclown, or no one other than scott s

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We just had a troll exposed on Yesterdays Weapons furum just a couple months ago. He/she was posting as three different people. Expose was by IP address.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote