THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    The Passing of a Once Great Hunting and Shooting Forum - the Obsolescence of AR
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Passing of a Once Great Hunting and Shooting Forum - the Obsolescence of AR Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
There are also some total asses here. Calling one of those out got me sued along with a whole bunch of other people. I won but it cost me $285,000 in legal fees. Yes, there are serious asses here as well.

If I can ask...what happened? That's awful.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I will stick around as long as the lights are on.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SquirrelNut:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
There are also some total asses here. Calling one of those out got me sued along with a whole bunch of other people. I won but it cost me $285,000 in legal fees. Yes, there are serious asses here as well.

If I can ask...what happened? That's awful.

Don't worry about it Larry. Steve filled me in. Sorry for your troubles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
On sites I have been on, many were geared up so that all the members either shared the basic beliefs/opinions of the moderators or were shown the road pretty quickly.

That's certainly the case at "The Firing Line" and "The High Road".

Some of the moderators there are the biggest trolls, and if you dare to disagree with anything they say they start deleting posts and handing out infractions arbitrarily.

There's one who considers himself superior to everyone because he spends a fortune on classes, and can't accept the fact that others knew what he has paid to learn decades before he even started shooting.

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will also find such attitudes on sites that have businesses that are sponsors.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
The decline continues. coffee

Alexa Traffic Ranks
How is this site [accuratereloading.com] ranked relative to other sites?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought you were charting the significance of Alexa.

Posts: 13784 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ever stop to think Saeed does not really care?

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
How many of those original members are still active on here?

Here's the first page of members sorted by oldest at the bottom, there are still a few active members from back 17 years ago. I've only been on here since 2002 so I'm a relative newby

Steve Redgwell one of us 14 July 2000 New Lowell, Ontario
xphunter one of us 11 July 2000 Wyoming
Scott one of us 11 July 2000 Lansing, MI
Nitro Express one of us 10 July 2000 Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA
pete152 one of us 06 July 2000 australia
Steve Malinverni one of us 04 July 2000 Milano Italy
montero one of us 03 July 2000 Madrid-Spain
Wayne one of us 02 July 2000 Yuba City California
Norseman one of us 30 June 2000
BigIron one of us 29 June 2000
D Hunter one of us 28 June 2000 Western NC
Brad one of us 27 June 2000
Rod one of us 27 June 2000 New Zealand
hivelosity one of us 26 June 2000
Allen Glore one of us 24 June 2000 Lodge Grass, MT.
Gimpy one of us 23 June 2000 No. Idaho
Steve one of us 22 June 2000 Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A.
Rusty one of us 21 June 2000 Missouri City, Texas
Danny Pay one of us 19 June 2000 Sweden
Bill Leeper one of us 19 June 2000 Elko, B.C. Canada
steve y one of us 19 June 2000 Atlanta, GA USA
McCray one of us 18 June 2000 USA
Robert D. Lyons one of us 16 June 2000 Missouri
Mike J one of us 15 June 2000 The Republic of Texas
Rob one of us 15 June 2000 Anchorage, AK, USA
boltman one of us 14 June 2000
POP one of us 13 June 2000 Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA
JD one of us 13 June 2000 Dakota Territory
Frank Nowakowski one of us 11 June 2000 Cascade, Montana USA
Tom F one of us 10 June 2000 Fairbanks Alaska USA
JerryO one of us 09 June 2000 MN. USA
MacD37 one of us 08 June 2000 TEXAS
Terry Blauwkamp one of us 08 June 2000 Hudsonville MI USA
Atkinson one of us 04 June 2000 Twin Falls, Idaho
Holmes one of us 03 June 2000 Wyoming, USA
Dave one of us 03 June 2000 Texas
Karl one of us 03 June 2000 various
ROSCOE one of us 03 June 2000 Arkansas
mamba one of us 03 June 2000 carmichael,california,usa
Bill/Oregon one of us 03 June 2000 Oregon
Al one of us 03 June 2000 Michigan , USA
sormi one of us 03 June 2000 Texas
Arild Iversen one of us 02 June 2000 North-West Coast of Norway.
Flip one of us 02 June 2000 Nambia
DRG Administrator 08 January 1998 New England
Saeed Administrator 08 January 1998 Dubai, UAE

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:

Clarification added.

Alexa Traffic Ranks
How is this site (accuratereloading.com] ranked relative to other sites?

Global Rank/Alexa Traffic Rank (lower number is better) - "A rough estimate of this site's popularity. The rank is calculated using a combination of average daily visitors to this site and pageviews on this site over the past 3 months. The site with the highest combination of visitors and pageviews is ranked #1."

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
If you look at the chart above you can see that the site took a significant dip in traffic for several days around the third week of February 2017.

Not surprisingly, that corresponds to Edmond's massive spamming/trolling spree of February 19th and 20th. Clearly, people were put off by it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why are you still here?

HONESTLY, you know that Saeed is NOT going to muzzle Edmond.

You left the Crater of your own choice, several folks did not want you too, but you did.

There are other topic areas, such as this one, that you post in and Edmond doesn't, so WHY keep pushing something that is NOT going to change.

You and I have had our differences, but this whole Edmond issue has became one that has no solution, because so many are calling for Edmond's removal and Do Not claim you or anyone else complaining about Edmond Do Not want him removed, because you know he will keep on with his actions as long as he is on here.

The whole situation has became one of principal.

Principal being Saeed has made this place available for Everyone/Anyone to express their thoughts/beliefs/experiences and opinions. From experience on other sites, Edmond would have been banned by now, believe me, I was banned from a couple of sites because I did not go along with the "In-Crowds" groupthink!

Saeed is not going to bow to the wishes of one certain group that subscribes to one particular political ideology.

If it is time for AR to fade into the sunset, so be it. It has had a good long run and possibly if the Crater were not part of the site, attitudes of members on here might not have reached the point they are at.

Looks to me like you have reached a crossroads and need to make up your mind whether to just move on and leave AR completely or accept the fact that Saeed is not going to censor one member just because a few people do not like what he posts.

It is your choice.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:

Clarification added.

Alexa Traffic Ranks
How is this site (accuratereloading.com] ranked relative to other sites?

Global Rank/Alexa Traffic Rank (lower number is better) - "A rough estimate of this site's popularity. The rank is calculated using a combination of average daily visitors to this site and pageviews on this site over the past 3 months. The site with the highest combination of visitors and pageviews is ranked #1."

You will have to help me with the scale on the left side . . . while the line on the chart is trending downward, the scale would actually suggest that the number is increasing (from something like 200k in January to 700k presently).

Mike

Posts: 21248 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Mike,

As I understand i the numbers on the left reflect a ranking in traffic as compared to all websites on the www.

Accurate Reloading is now ranked 675,537th in the world.

AfricaHunting.com is ranked 434,583th.

Google is #1.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
From 2012:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...911013571#7911013571

quote:

posted May 18, 2012 05:11 Hide Post

I got the following numbers from alexa.com

Alexa ranks websites on their activities.

# 1 would be the most active website in the world and so on.

Alexa ranks AR as 397,410
Alexa ranks Africanhunter as 25,031,528.

I hope this helps.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

quote:
posted May 21, 2012 23:44 Hide Post

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I think some of you might have misunderstood the above numbers.

The lower the number, the more poplular it is.

AR has almost 63 TIMES the activity of Africanhunter.

While AR is not a commercial operation depending on growth to turn a profit, the tables have turned in terms of traffic or as Saeed stated, popularity, since 2012.

I am not advocating that one site is better than the other, they both have good qualities, this just gives a comparison of each against the www and how they compare to each other as hunting sites.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
If you look at the chart above you can see that the site took a significant dip in traffic for several days around the third week of February 2017.

Not surprisingly, that corresponds to Edmond's massive spamming/trolling spree of February 19th and 20th. Clearly, people were put off by it.

Do you think that the popularity of this website is based on what is posted in the Political Forum?

I looked at it back in 2003 and never saw a reason to read anything or post there until Washington DC V Heller was ruled on. I wouldn't know who Edmond is or what he has posted if it weren't for people bitching about it in the Miscellaneous and Humor forum.

The lack of posting on the hunting and shooting forums is probably because of all the bitching, whining and pettiness by people trying to pick internet fights all the time.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The lack of posting on the hunting and shooting forums is probably because of all the bitching, whining and pettiness by people trying to pick internet fights all the time.

It is pretty well a proven fact across the board concerning internet forums, they provide a "Bully Pulpit" for some people to press their narrative.

Couple that with Internet Anonymity and these type sites have and are changing from what they were started for.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, correlation does not equal causation. The problem with that chart is that it could also reflect seasonal variations in interest, not an unusual event in a seasonal sport.

That said, yes, most of the trolls in the PF should be fed to the tigers. Tigers are endangered, but there appears to be no shortage of morons.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by analog_peninsula:
Unfortunately, correlation does not equal causation. The problem with that chart is that it could also reflect seasonal variations in interest, not an unusual event in a seasonal sport.

That said, yes, most of the trolls in the PF should be fed to the tigers. Tigers are endangered, but there appears to be no shortage of morons.

Exactly!

If I do not get my way, AR is going to die clap

Posts: 67045 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
Stop the Posts on the Crater
form showing up in any query
unless the crater is
uniquely selected in an advance search.

... donttroll

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
I agree there are some really.... umm... "annoying" people out there, especially on the political forum..

I visit it from time to time, and when I see most of the posts are from one or two of these individuals, I just move to another topic..

Would I like to see them go away? sure! Do I think the site owners should stop him? If they can afford to pay for the bandwidth and storage space, then let em have at it. So absolutely not.

This gentlemen, is what our Constitution is all about.. FREE SPEECH.. I may very well hate some of those assholes, but I will defend their right to voice their opinions, no matter how much I dislike them.

But while we are on the topic, its not only the political forum.. there are a few other "super-posters" that seem to dominate theses forum, and seems to be expert and have an opinion on just about everything, and won't hesitate to palaver on.. very infrequently do I find any value in their posts. I actually wonder when they have time to work, eat,or take a shit! They annoy me equally as much.

And I'll bet ya dinner, one of those people will comment on my post! flame

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Exactly!

If I do not get my way, AR is going to die clap

AR is going to die regardless of whether or not you get your way........

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This September will mark sixteen years for me under the current sobriquet of Geedubya!

I remember around 1999 or 2000, seeing these smallish dark guys, of middle eastern descent getting the schitt kicked out of them shooting rifles chambered for cartridges bigger than 50 caliber. I also was a fan of Todd Kindler's Small Caliber News, on whose technical team was a guy by the name of Saeed Al-Maktoum.

Here is something I posted around 2011!

http://forums.accuratereloadin...991038211#1991038211

I've been hunting since I was six, chasing my fice and twisting rabbits out of a hole. I've killed thousands of critters. I've reloaded for 82+ centerfire chamberings. I no longer have a desire to go to Africa, New Zealand or any place outside of the USA and for the most part, not really anyplace outside of Texas. I figure critters die the same on any continent as they do here. Yes I may miss the wonder of an African sunset and the abundance of game, and no, I'll prolly never hunt a Marco Polo sheep in one of the stans or a Tahr or stag in New Zealand, but I'm OK with that. I kill and skin 50 to 60 hogs each year and maybe a deer or two if I've a notion.

Somehow I'm past posting on which is the best .224 caliber bullet for elk at 10,000' elevation at a range of 700 yds.

I post quite a bit in the Crater these days. I've mentioned quite a few times there that I quit watching TV for the most part about 20 years ago and altogether after the first Fox presidential debate in 2016. To me, the "Crater" is entertainment.

So, IMHO, it is what it is.

I've enjoyed this website for nigh on 16 years and it has been more than worth the price of admission. I've gleaned quite a bit from some very knowledgeable folk, and I've made friends I've hunted with, as well as internet friends that I know only from this website.

I can't thank DRG and Saeed enough for all the hours of pleasure AR has afforded me!

I don't know how long Saeed will care to afford the continuation of this site. However, should it "crater" before I assume room temperature, I will sorely miss it!

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The whole site is what it is. None of us are required or forced to participate in ANY particular topic area.

If the site is getting on ANYONE's nerves that bad, take a vacation from the site and assess why you are involved!

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pa.Frank:
I agree there are some really.... umm... "annoying" people out there, especially on the political forum..

I visit it from time to time, and when I see most of the posts are from one or two of these individuals, I just move to another topic..

Would I like to see them go away? sure! Do I think the site owners should stop him? If they can afford to pay for the bandwidth and storage space, then let em have at it. So absolutely not.

This gentlemen, is what our Constitution is all about.. FREE SPEECH.. I may very well hate some of those assholes, but I will defend their right to voice their opinions, no matter how much I dislike them.

But while we are on the topic, its not only the political forum.. there are a few other "super-posters" that seem to dominate theses forum, and seems to be expert and have an opinion on just about everything, and won't hesitate to palaver on.. very infrequently do I find any value in their posts. I actually wonder when they have time to work, eat,or take a shit! They annoy me equally as much.

And I'll bet ya dinner, one of those people will comment on my post! flame

What's "our Constitution" got to do with a forum owned by Saeed in the UAE?

Frank

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:

Go back and read the Original Post. The author suggests that the content should be more heavily moderated or controlled.. censored if you will. I disagree. Unless there are some "terms of service" that are clearly stated up front, they should be allowed to say or write what they want. Make sense now?

But in one sense you are correct. I am assuming most of the readers/posters are in the USA, and this is more a world forum.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go back and read the Original Post. The author suggests that the content should be more heavily moderated or controlled.. censored if you will. I disagree. Unless there are some "terms of service" that are clearly stated up front, they should be allowed to say or write what they want. Make sense now?

But in one sense you are correct. I am assuming most of the readers/posters are in the USA, and this is more a world forum.

The point that is trying to be made I believe is that Saeed, tries to allow as much Freedom Of Speech on here as possible, but some Americans on here are not as open minded concerning Freedom Of Speech as they should be, considering Freedom Of Speech was and has been since its beginnings, a cornerstone in what makes America, AMERICA.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The point that is trying to be made I believe is that Saeed, tries to allow as much Freedom Of Speech on here as possible, but some Americans on here are not as open minded concerning Freedom Of Speech as they should be, considering Freedom Of Speech was and has been since its beginnings, a cornerstone in what makes America, AMERICA.

Even freedom of speech has its limits, as it should.

I frequent NO PFs in any hunting/fishing forums that I routinely visit. Seems to me they're just places where people scream at each other with total disregard for the topic.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Who is in charge of setting those limits? Who establishes FAIR parameters? On here Liberals want to censor Conservatives and vice versa. Going in, ANYONE participating in an Internet Discussion concerning Politics or Religion should have the intelligence enough to know and understand that both subjects are the most emotionally charged humans can get involved in.

quote:
I frequent NO PFs in any hunting/fishing forums that I routinely visit. Seems to me they're just places where people scream at each other with total disregard for the topic.

That is why some or many forums do not allow such discussions, and on those that do, the course such discussions take follows that of the persons running the site.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Who is in charge of setting those limits? Who establishes FAIR parameters? On here Liberals want to censor Conservatives and vice versa. Going in, ANYONE participating in an Internet Discussion concerning Politics or Religion should have the intelligence enough to know and understand that both subjects are the most emotionally charged humans can get involved in.

I meant free speech in general terms. IMO, anything other than personal threats and sharing personal information is fair game on internet forums.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I meant free speech in general terms.

It is not that I disagree with that, but, has not the concept of what can be said/considered "Free Speech' changed since you were a kid?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I meant free speech in general terms.

It is not that I disagree with that, but, has not the concept of what can be said/considered "Free Speech' changed since you were a kid?

Not so sure. It's never been ok to yell "fire" in a movie theater but we seem to have transitioned to an era of being more concerned with words hurting feelings than anything else. Given the seemingly infinite number of outlets available now to reach every person on the face of the earth, free speech needs more scrutiny IMHO.

Remember, one person's hate speech is another's rallying cry depending upon the time, place and number on either side of it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As far as the "snowflakes" in our country today for whom there are so many perceived verbal offenses....we are infected with liberal dogma...and its gonna take a generation to get rid of it.

Posts: 1314 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pa.Frank:
quote:

You mean these? https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/tos

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are free, all we ask in return is you obey our three suggestions .

There is the "Weak" link!

They are just suggestions, and the PTB's can and do have a sliding scale concerning the enforcement of "Suggestions"!

posted Hide Post
I find it amusing that many of the assholes responsible for the toxic atmosphere in the ARPF posted in this thread trying to keep the toxicity levels high.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
...The lack of posting on the hunting and shooting forums is probably because of all the bitching, whining and pettiness by people trying to pick internet fights all the time.
Bingo.

quote:
... yes, most of the trolls in the PF should be fed to the tigers. Tigers are endangered, but there appears to be no shortage of morons.
Bingo.

quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
I find it amusing that many of the assholes responsible for the toxic atmosphere in the ARPF posted in this thread trying to keep the toxicity levels high.
...and Bingo.

one of us
posted Hide Post
DAMN!!! Give it up.

horse

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
X2

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I respectfully and politely point out what is happening historically on AR and I get an emotionally charged response telling me to knock it off.

I can only wonder why you don't instead tender your heartfelt condemnations to those who are posting stuff like this:
quote:
: You're a fucking idiot.
quote:
: Proof phuck face?
quote:
: Eat Shit And Die MoFo!!!!!

Maybe you just don't care what AR is becoming.

coffee