THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Who is Nganga? ..... A Confession and a "Coming out"
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is Nganga? ..... A Confession and a "Coming out" Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drwes:
Maybe I just have too good a memory,, or maybe you just struck too many nerves in my spine to forget but I do remember your posts on Peter Capstick,, Craig Boddington,, and your alliance with adrook etc. It is not my concern whether Saeed allows you back on this forum,,It is his decision and his alone to make that judgement. I respect Saeed's decision. I hope you stay true to your promise to Saeed and keep your comments on the level they have remained since you returned. I can learn a great deal from your experiences,, and you too can benefit from those on here as well. It is real easy to take shots at easy targets on an internet forum,, much easier than in person,,, when that post button is pushed,,,it is hard to un post unkind comments. You get the benefit of Saeed giving you a second chance so not that you should care but you get the same second chance with me.

Welcome back

+1 What we value is sharing our experience here, good or bad. What we don't value is stir

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Drwes,
I appreciate it.

A couple more guys I was pretty hard on back then, Larry Sellars & Crazy Horse cons.

My humble apologies.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Steve,

I like your honesty and welcome back buddy. tu2

Be warned though..... If we ever meet and you have that left handed .500 double with you, I'm gonna do my very best to steal it! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I almost forgot,,, Outstanding trophy room! Last wednesday I received my last african trophies from a 2008 plains game hunt, I thought they would never get here. Skipping Africa this summer for a jump over to the north west territory in Australia for their buffalo, then back to Africa 2011. Your trophy room gives me something to dream about, more hunts! Great animals, that speaks volumes,, hang in there,,

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
Steve-

I didn't care much for your previous incarnation.
You have been prolific in your postings since your return, and pretty decent as well. If you choose your associates better this time, then I welcome your contributions.

+1

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Water under the bridge.
Welcome back.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome back....Rock ON tu2

It's nice to see someone who is so passionate about what they do state their opinion in a mature fashion and debate.

Isn't what this forum is about so others may LEARN!!!

Rock On...I look forward to following your post Smiler

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, I had no problem with your previous postings. I do miss 500 grains as well.
Jeff

No people in history have ever
survived who thought they could protect their freedom by making themselves
inoffensive to their enemies.

Posts: 1689 | Location: North MS U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do miss 500 grains as well.

+1

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome back.
Everybody on here has issues with someone, sometime. I've had my share with one member a few times over.. It's jut par for the course when you stick a bunch of type A personalities together.

I never had too much of issue with what you had to say as 'Polo other than your constant rants about Capstick and Boddington. But I suppose thats what opinions are for and each is entitled to their own. I just never understood those rants against a man who is a great ambassador to our sport and another who is DEAD and introduced more folks to Africana than probably more than all the others combined!! Dead horse, I suppose.

Your old buddy, on the other hand, was a complete dick and reveled in being such any and every chance he got on this site for no other reason than just to be a complete dick.. I am glad he hasn't found a way to creep back in the site..and if he did, he sure has been low profile.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
See, Steve...coming out is not always a bad thing. Worked against Elen and Rosie a bit, but they weren't friends with me. Big Grin

I like you anyway.....and Andy too.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarBy:
See, Steve...coming out is not always a bad thing. Worked against Elen and Rosie a bit, but they weren't friends with me. Big Grin

I like you anyway.....and Andy too.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Gary, you just felt sorry for me for missing a hippo 4 times wave

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
4????....I counted 5.....oh yeah, but with the K-gun.....that doesn't count. Nice tusker though!

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn suicidal jumbo, you should come clean as well Garby. It feels goooood

dancing

Formerly "Nganga"

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
I look fwd to your continued contributions, it is much nicer interacting with a real person than an online persona. I love your trophy room.

So....do you really have a Ferrari?

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Bill,

You are now banned from posting on AR until your Zim hunt report is complete. Smiler

Inquiring minds need to know.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
The trophy room is a fine one, and has taken some effort to compile. The Nganga persona is a 180-degree turn around, and a welcome one I might add. Buttons, like triggers should only be pushed there is a real target, and neither can be called back once loosed!

My youngest son (age 47 yrs) loves to push people's buttons, and can't seem to understand why others don't seem to think it is as funny as he does. I don't see how anyone with Nganga's experience would have a need to push buttons, when his tutelage would certainly benefit the young guys just starting out, or even old farts like me. However it is hard to learn from someone who looks down his or her nose at you, or takes issue with everything you post, or question you ask.

I don’t like the banning of anyone, unless they really get personal and nasty, but the forum certainly runs much smoother after a banning it seems. This website belongs, lock stock, and barrel to Saeed, and he makes the rules! All that we must do to enjoy it is abide by those rules. What could be more fair than that!

Naganga, welcome back! I had no problem with you personally the first time you were here, but it is evident others did. Today the sun rose for the first time on this day forward. Bask in the sun! Yesterday is history!

…………………………..Now what will the future bring?? Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, your comments speak well of you. I remember your first incarnation and have to admit I like the second better. Good to have another experienced hand here to help us along.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember your former self and was unimpressed. I would encourage you to behave and treat others as you would have them treat you.

I know Greg and his company. You will not find one with a higher level of honesty and commitment to taking care of their clients. They did nothing underhanded, illegal or immoral.

Your future posts will speak louder than anything else.

Posts: 10172 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:
I look fwd to your continued contributions, it is much nicer interacting with a real person than an online persona. I love your trophy room.

So....do you really have a Ferrari?

Bill,
No Ferarri now, Fairgame thought my Sable pose came from the Ferarri badge I guess. I like American V10's.

Thanks,
Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
I remember your former self and was unimpressed. I would encourage you to behave and treat others as you would have them treat you.

I know Greg and his company. You will not find one with a higher level of honesty and commitment to taking care of their clients. They did nothing underhanded, illegal or immoral.

Your future posts will speak louder than anything else.

Mac,
you are correct in the effort put into some of these things. I forget sometimes as well. I was just out there a minute ago, my wife was just telling me how ugly a hayena is.

Dogcat,
I may have taken exception to the original situation, but I hold no grudges. Case closed as far as I'm concerned. This forum has seen fit to give me a second chance......pay it forward.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Just in time for another CB round. Big Grin

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting that the only reason this thread arose was because of Nganga's behavior in his NEW persona! So, the stripes have not completely faded perhaps. I can vaguely remember his previous behavior, but, as has been said it was certainly gracious of Saeed to allow him back, and, there is always the ignore feature on this website. Forgiveness is for those who have been wronged, as I was not one of those, it is not for me to forgive. I will await the pearls of wisdom promised by Nganga's supporters.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting that the only reason this thread arose was because of Nganga's behavior in his NEW persona! So, the stripes have not completely faded perhaps. I can vaguely remember his previous behavior, but, as has been said it was certainly gracious of Saeed to allow him back, and, there is always the ignore feature on this website. Forgiveness is for those who have been wronged, as I was not one of those, it is not for me to forgive. I will await the pearls of wisdom promised by Nganga's supporters.
Peter.

Well written Peter... +2. You speak of stripes fading and I think of the old saw about a leopard and his spots. Time will tell...

I have disagreed with others and debated, sometimes vigorously, on different threads I felt strongly about or had experience in. There were a few times when I went overboard and when I realized it, I apologized. Good natured debates and discussions on our shared passion of African hunting is what this forum is all about. If conducted in a civilized manner, all gain from it.

Now I'll again ask the question that others have... if Chipo, why not 500 Grains? I found his posts informative and his experience deep. And, at least in my memory, he offended far fewer than our new "buddy".

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A strong second for 500. He brought much to our table.

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
At the risk of getting my head bitten off:

I can't help but say I think some of you guys need to appreciate that 500grains made a long list of extremely offensive posts on the political forum over a longish period of time before he was banned and I'd bet that he almost certainly had several warnings and/or suspensions from Saeed before the eventual ban.

I'm sure it wasn't a decision that Saeed made lightly but it was a decision that Saeed made and I can't help but feel that this repeated calling for reinstatement and those signs some people have in their signature line is extremely insulting to Saeed. - At least that's how I'd feel if it were me that owned and financed the forum.

Let's not forget that we're all guests in Saeed's virtual ehome and it would be polite (to say the least) to observe good manners and respect his decisions.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
500grains made a long list of extremely offensive posts on the political forum over a longish period of time before he was banned

That is my understanding as well. Perhaps statements made on the PF are subject to instant and eternal forgiveness? What Bonhoeffer called "Cheap Grace" ie. forgiveness without repentance! You make an interesting point about Saeed's "ehome". I had not thought of it that way before.
Peter.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I second the "Leopard changing it's spots" theory and will take a wait and see attitude on Mr. Nganga. A few nicey nice posts, a confession and some glossy photos doesn't satisfy my questions on changed attitude and behavior. For now he is still old Adcrooks sidekick and I will still consider him Chippy. Time will tell I guess?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Steve, at least spell my name right when you make a comment!!

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fairgame:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
I second the "Leopard changing it's spots" theory and will take a wait and see attitude on Mr. Nganga. A few nicey nice posts, a confession and some glossy photos doesn't satisfy my questions on changed attitude and behavior. For now he is still old Adcrooks sidekick and I will still consider him Chippy. Time will tell I guess?

Alternatively we can all chip in and arrange for him to undergo a frontal lobotomy? How would that suit you and Peter?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
quote:
500grains made a long list of extremely offensive posts on the political forum over a longish period of time before he was banned

That is my understanding as well. Perhaps statements made on the PF are subject to instant and eternal forgiveness? What Bonhoeffer called "Cheap Grace" ie. forgiveness without repentance! You make an interesting point about Saeed's "ehome". I had not thought of it that way before.
Peter.
Peter.

500grains was not banned because of anything that had happened in the PF.

He was banned due to his total disregard to my numerous requests to stop his crusades against other members.

In fact, he had more warnings from me than any other member before, or since.

I do not ban anyone lightly, but when I see that an individual has decided to turn the forum to achieve his own end, then I have to stop it.

Ultimately, this sort of behaviour disrupts the forums, and creates animosity that we can do without.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66995 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Alternatively we can all chip in and arrange for him to undergo a frontal lobotomy?

Don't be silly mate. That'd turn him into a PH and we don't need any more competition in these tough times!

animal rotflmo jumping rotflmo animal

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Ultimately, this sort of behaviour disrupts the forums, and creates animosity that we can do without.

Totally agree with that statement. tu2

And frankly, I still think those free 500 signs in the signature lines are bloody insulting to Saeed and would be removed by anyone with even a modicum of good manners.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed appears to me to be pretty fair in his dealings with members. I suspect it is up to 500 grains to convince Saeed that he will change his behavior before he is even considered for re-admitance to the forum. I say that even though I consider 500 grains to be a friend of mine.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Can someone post a link to the thread with the trophy room photo's? I have tried searching but have come up empty handed.......Thanks

Mac

Mac

Posts: 1726 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McKay:
Can someone post a link to the thread with the trophy room photo's? I have tried searching but have come up empty handed.......Thanks

Mac

Mac,
Just go to the main menu, 5 or 6 forums down is the "Trophy Room Photos" forum. From there you'll find them.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

one of us
posted Hide Post
www.urbandictionary.com/define...term=attention+whore

Definition 1 seems fitting.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
McCray,
+1

Posts: 10172 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McCray:

and should spark the response that you are looking for?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
500grains was not banned because of anything that had happened in the PF.

He was banned due to his total disregard to my numerous requests to stop his crusades against other members.

In fact, he had more warnings from me than any other member before, or since.

I do not ban anyone lightly, but when I see that an individual has decided to turn the forum to achieve his own end, then I have to stop it.

Thank you for the explanation Saeed.

As others have said it is your Forum and we respect the rules you have set out and appreciate the trouble and expense you incur in maintaining it. We are the better for having the AR available to us...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by McCray:

and should spark the response that you are looking for?

There was me thinking this was a forum for adults to discuss hunting and hunting related subjects in a sensible manner........

Why try to make such a blatent attempt to start a pissing match for no good reason?

Andrew nailed it!