THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    aardwolf or aardvark mounts

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

aardwolf or aardvark mounts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have any pics of either of these? I am looking for some different ideas from normal. I am finding little or no mount pics at all.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jerry? Anyone? Still looking for ideas.

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a pic but it is a basic mount.

aardwolf

Safari Taxidermy by:John Baker
www.safaritaxidermy.com

Posts: 278 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas , USA | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
I saw a mount of an aardwolf at a camp in EC a few years ago. I will see if I can find that picture. It's not on this computer, but I hope it's on my other one..
It was quite an interesting mount with the animal looking into a hole in a termit mound.

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Take a look at these:
aardwolf1

aardwolf2

Found at the gallery to Taxidermy Africa, which I guess maybe did the abovementioned one as well..

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I am still looking for ideas. This is a start but nothing has really jumped out at me.

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
Picture of nobody2
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I suggest you find a pic in a book you like and go from there. You may find a position of a similar animal you like also. Any competent taxi can make what you want, out of the norm.

Posts: 274 | Location: Wa. | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
We once found a leopard-killed aardvark in Namibia, but don't believe I've seen one mounted. Are they a CITES critter?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes I had to apply ahead of time for the permits. The one I shot had fresh wounds from a leopard. I think I am going to get the taxidermist to recreate the bright red claw marks when I decide how to mount it. since both animals are fairly unique as far as trophies go I want to do somwthing special. Unfortunately i just dont know what that is yet.

Happiness is a warm gun

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi, Mike !

I have a full mount of an aardvark that I whacked in 1992 on the Devuli Ranch in Zimbabwe. It is just standing there and nothing more need be done ... it is beyond funky !!! Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Neat photos thanks for posting.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Scruffy, would you post a picture if you could? Funky? You bet. My wife is not looking forward to this one but I sure am. It is not that the animal is unusual, which it is, but you just dont see many of them. I specifically went hunting for these guys. Of course a lot of luck was involved as well. I had pictures of this guy posted on my hunt report for Kobus and Africa Thirstland. We estimated the weight to be 80 to 100 lbs. I think it was quite large but am certainly no expert on the animal. The picture I am about to post (hopefully) is after it was gutted.

Happiness is a warm gun

one of us
posted Hide Post
Once my lovely wife gets done watching 'The Worlds ''' figure skating ... I'll take a photo .. have her put it on my computer .. and e mail it to someone who can post it ... I'll get it done in the next day or so .. Smiler thumb

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazy looking critters for sure! And man, can they tear a hole in a road!! Ive seen a few of them, but never knew you could hunt them!
Will certainly make a conversation starter!

And you can certainly see the leopard marks on him!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote