New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado's Anti Gun Laws!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Below is the letter I sent yesterday to the governor of Colorado!

GOVERNOR HICKENLOOPER:

As a legal and natural born citizen of the United States, and a Colorado Resident, my constitutional right (2nd amendment) guarantees me the RIGHT to keep and bear arms. And it does so without condition, exception, or carefully worded secondary amendments which would limit the scope of my rights to one degree or another!

The issue here goes way beyond the signing/enacting of "laws" that are not only un-constitutional, but frankly un-American. It is a far-reaching extension of nothing more than government tyranny, of which - many of us will simply not stand for.

Make no mistake, thousands of "Americans/Colorado residents" just like me - will NOT recognize any law that on its face is a complete infringement upon any right guaranteed to us by the U.S. constitution and its amendments. Numerous law enforcement officials across the state have made it clear that they will not enforce these new "laws", and citizens like myself are now making it clear to you - that we will NOT abide by or adhere to said laws.

Sir, under no circumstances will I recognize the newly mandated rules as "Law", period! They are an infringement of my "rights", and I will defend myself and my "rights" against any local, state or federal government official who would in any circumstance try to rid me of such RIGHTS - without hesitation.

Sir, I have always considered myself a productive and law-abiding citizen, of a state I once thought to be the greatest in the country (Colorado). You sir, and your liberal/anti-American/anti-constitution cronies are forcing honest, hard-working folks like myself - to not only think otherwise of this once great place, but seriously consider the protection of my "rights", and even the consideration of taking them back by force, if necessary!

Adolf Hilter was once quoted "If you want to control the people, first you must dis-arm them". We sir, will NEVER allow that to happen, ever!!!!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not from there, but from the news reports, that governor appears real proud of what he did, and would have signed anything they gave him and would have gone a whole lot farther.

I knew you were in trouble when I saw the pic of those libdem legislators at their desks looking at computer monitors with Newtown scenes.

This isn't going to be the end of it.

You're up against a stacked deck out there.

There's only limited good news about all this. We now know nationwide that the democrat party considers gun owners their sworn enemies and we also know what their true intentions are, total abolition of all forms of privately owned firearms.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Check this out! Just saw this posted on another website so I dont know the original source...

"One of Colorado state's top law enforcement officials was shot and killed at his home Tuesday night, just hours before the governor is scheduled to sign landmark gun control legislation drafted in response to a series of mass shootings. A manhunt was launched by law enforcement officials for the assailant, but no suspects have yet been identified in the attack. Tom Clements, 58, executive director of the Colorado Department of Corrections, was shot once at his home in the town of Monument, said El Paso County Sheriff's Department Lieutenant Jeff Kramer. He also said there is also "no information at this point" to indicate the shooting was a suicide. Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper is on Wednesday scheduled to sign legislation to expand background checks on gun buyers and limit the size of ammunition magazines that may be sold. Last summer, the Colorado town of Aurora experienced one of the worst mass shootings in a spate of gun killings across the United States, when a gunman fatally shot 12 people inside a movie theater. In December, the shooting deaths of school children by a gunman in Newtown, Connecticut, intensified a national debate about gun violence. But an assault weapons ban sought by President Barack Obama ran into trouble on Tuesday when Majority Leader Harry Reid acknowledged there was not enough support for it in the Senate. Hickenlooper, who counted Clements as an ally, reacted to the news of his death with sorrow. "I have never worked with a better person than Tom, and I can't imagine our team without him," Hickenlooper wrote in an email sent to state corrections employees early Wednesday morning and posted on the governor's official Facebook page. The governor ordered state flags to be flown at half-mast on Wednesday. Clements was appointed in 2011 by Hickenlooper to run the state's prison system, after spending 31 years in the Missouri Department of Corrections, according to the Colorado Department of Corrections."

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,
You are not alone. They can't enforce the personal sale to another individual requiring a background check because they don't know what you have and when you sold it. They would have to have a registration scheme somewhere in the future. I will not register my firearms if they require it. I think it is a "feel good" thing that dickensukker just signed.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With all the fuss about Newtown I'm confused that I haven't seen any mention of an incident there just a few years ago.
It was a horrific home invasion .IIRC rape, murder,arson.The perps were caught fortunately.But it was a perfect reason why we need firearms for self protection.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tried to find out more about the upcoming law change but failed so I have some questions for you Colorado guys.

When does the 15 round magazine limit go into effect?

Does the 15 round magazine limit pertain to .22 magazines as well?

Thanks

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can breath a little easier as I already own about 20 of the Ruger 10-22, 25 round magazines and a bunch of 20-30 round AR mags.
Thanks for the update.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will not be visiting CO again. I recommend that anyone who is outraged by this, that you vote with your feet. Do not hunt in Colorado, do no business at all with any company that stays in Colorado. Focus on supporting those people and businesses that leave Colorado.

Writing letters is impotent.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I'll find the link and post it for you but wait till y'all see the rap sheet for that bitch Rhonda Fields that sponsored a lot of these bills. She's stealing again, this time it's our second amendment rights

http://colorado.mediatrackers....inal-record-exposed/

http://gunsforeveryone.com/col...has-criminal-record/

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SG Olds:
I will not be visiting CO again. I recommend that anyone who is outraged by this, that you vote with your feet. Do not hunt in Colorado, do no business at all with any company that stays in Colorado. Focus on supporting those people and businesses that leave Colorado.

Writing letters is impotent.

Well then we won't miss you.
Jeezus what do you think that everyone here voted this into law?
Just so you know the "people" of Colorado had no hand in this, this was the doing of the Dems in power "we the people" didn't get to vote.
So much for the team effort we all are on the same side here we all want the same thing.
There is already talk of repeal of these laws if we can get a Republican in the Governer seat and all county Sherrifs that have spoken out about these laws except one have have stated they will not and can not enforce them.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My understanding was that the bill was passed and signed by the officials elected by the people of Colorado. The Constitution had no effect on your elected officials decision, but I bet hurting them financially will. Yes it's hard on some folks and businesses that fraught this all the way. Is the constitutional issue more important than the financial? To me it is. To some it is not.

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
The sad part about all this is they need to go ahead and enforce the current background checks as stated. There are two questions that they do not check on, one is the domestic violence statement and the other is mental health issues because of doctor/paticent confidentiality.

The major issue is that liberals have been pouring into this state by the thousands every year from states like California and Florida and bringing their liberal views. They live basically in the Denver metro complex thru Boulder into Estes Park, and there is so many of them, they basically control the state.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Aaron,
You are not alone. They can't enforce the personal sale to another individual requiring a background check because they don't know what you have and when you sold it. They would have to have a registration scheme somewhere in the future. I will not register my firearms if they require it. I think it is a "feel good" thing that dickensukker just signed.

I think the risk of ignoring the law is substantial if you sell a gun that is later used in a crime. My guess is that you could be sued in civil court, if not criminally prosecuted.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe our gov. has his eyes on higher offices so he is going to do what the party expects him to do. Not sure what has happened here over the last few years but the liberal Dems. have taken over what used to be a fairly conservative state. The magazine law is a total mess, unenforceable and hopefully will get tossed. This should be a wake up call to those that tend not to vote, we had better get our acts together!
C.G.B.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
"Grandfathered In" means Registration

Registration, historically, has lead to Confiscation.

Read your history of what happens after confiscation. It is never, ever good.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
How are they going to enforce me going back to Oklahoma and my family passing their guns and gun parts on to me? Big Grin

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just-a-hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Aaron,

I think the risk of ignoring the law is substantial if you sell a gun that is later used in a crime. My guess is that you could be sued in civil court, if not criminally prosecuted.

Thats true... Of course the first hurdle is proving where the gun came from and after that if it was sold face to face before the "ban" or not... There is no gun register right now... This is impossible to enforce, and stupid to openly admit you are going to ignore the laws. For the record, I'm stupid.....

Todd

If you buy a weapon from a registered dealer, tracking down the original seller is not a problem. From there, you are right; the audit trail ends. But who in their right mind would sell a gun outside of dealer for which they completed a 4473 and signed after this law went into effect? You would have to be stupid. If that gun is ever used in a crime, I am guessing you now have liability, even if you sold it to a the pope (who then sold it to his sister, who then sold it to her nieghbor, etc.).

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
How are they going to enforce me going back to Oklahoma and my family passing their guns and gun parts on to me? Big Grin

Officially, you have to go through a dealer if you are buying or transferring guns across state lines. There are some states that have reciprocity agreements, but for the most part, it is already illegal to transfer across state lines.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
"Grandfathered In" means Registration

Registration, historically, has lead to Confiscation.

Read your history of what happens after confiscation. It is never, ever good.

Wendell - I will NEVER register a single gun, ever!!!! Confiscation, come and try it!!

AAW - I will not adhere to ANY unconstitutional law, period! Thankfully we had fore-fathers that they too were NOT willing to follow along as they were told. Me, I will resist Tyranny - and fight if necessary, no question about it. Perhaps others are OK with bowing their heads, and doing as they are told - not me!!!!

SG Olds - Choosing not to hunt in, or support Colorado and its people, because the 90 mile corridor from Ft. Collins to Colorado Springs dominates the population of the state, and thus the voting majority too - is just idiotic! No different than shooting the messenger, but carry on!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
+1 Aaron! I'm a Colorado resident too and hate these gun laws too. I have written my state reps/senators, US reps and senators as well as the Gov. If folks don't come to visit us I will understand, but it will be less crowded and there will be more elk to chose from for the rest of us. I can get over it.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The sad part about all this is they need to go ahead and enforce the current background checks as stated. There are two questions that they do not check on, one is the domestic violence statement and the other is mental health issues because of doctor/paticent confidentiality.

This will ALL become a two headed snake in the future. Who will determine what is a mental health issue?
In the next four years, I think gun-control will be tied to Obamacare.
If you have guns = no care.
(Don't forget about lead exposure and the EPA)

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
What is the difference between transferring and transporting?

Not being obtuse here or ignorant, but how will these laws effect Non-Resident hunters bringing guns in to Colorado to hunt?

Unless I am terribly naïve, what is there to keep a Colorado resident from buying or receiving a gun as a gift in Texas or Wyoming and taking it back to Colorado?

Are check points going to be established along the state lines and everyone going to or from Colorado being required to stop and prove citizenship and whether or not the gun in their possession has been/was their property pre-ban?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rae59:
quote:

This will ALL become a two headed snake in the future. Who will determine what is a mental health issue?
In the next four years, I think gun-control will be tied to Obamacare.
If you have guns = no care.
(Don't forget about lead exposure and the EPA)

They're already trying to force doctors to ask about gun ownership. Remember that the AMA is a shill for the Democrat party too. They won't fight any violation of doctor/patient confidentiality Taft furthers the Democrat's agenda.

I feel bad for Colorado. The people who grew up there are seeing their way of life destroyed by the influx of West-Coast liberals who have flocked to Denver and parts thereabouts.

Posts: 641 | Location: SW Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
quote:
If folks don't come to visit us I will understand, but it will be less crowded and there will be more elk to chose from for the rest of us. I can get over it.

That's a understandable response. Problem is, nonresident fees provide for a good share of the Division of Wildlife's budget. Who will make up the difference? The state's general tax funds. Along with that will come demands for greater emphasis on "noncomsumptive" wildlife management and 'ecotourism.' Lesbian llama trekkers won't keep the herds in check so the greenies will bring in the wolves... Wink

(No, I wouldn't wish that on Colorado resident sportsmen.)

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I will not spend a dime of my hard earned money in Colorado.

Posts: 2330 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazy, the key is NO out of state hunters enter Colorado, the hunting community should boycotte the state. There are other adjoining states that offer great hunting. It will hurt some in the state but that is the price of freedom - I always say freedom is not free it carries a price. The state of Colorados is being Kalifornicated by the transplants. I hve family there and have told them if they want to visit my family it will be outside that state and I will never fly thru any colorado airport even if it cost more for me to travel to my destination. I will also support any company that takes their business to another state that respects the second ammendment.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone know why the NRA stabbed Coloradans in the back and failed to make a showing or even a statement?

Posts: 402 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado  | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boycotting hunting will do nothing. If you don't go, there are 10 in line waiting to go behind you. Tourism might be a better attack.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why would boycotting hunting not hurt, of course it would require hunters to place a cause before their self interest. Also if I don't go I retain my self respect! I will agree it appears self respect has little impact on people in todays society.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Crazy, the key is NO out of state hunters enter Colorado, the hunting community should boycotte the state.

Just my take on this, and I have been hunting Colorado off and on since 1992, a boycotte of Colorado by Non-Resident hunters would only add insult to injury. The only people such an action would have an effect on are the people that most likely did not want these firearms bans.

Guides/Outfitters, various business owners in the smaller towns located closer to or in the hunting areas. Just like California hunters/gun owners being unable to prevent what happened in their state, Coloradans simply cannot stop what is happening in their state.

I won't be joining any Colorado Boycotte movement, it would not/will not accomplish anything. Colorado is just another victim of a disease that is spreading across America and will continue to spread, one state at a time.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BighornBreath:
Anyone know why the NRA stabbed Coloradans in the back and failed to make a showing or even a statement?

No I don't know why but what I do know is that the Legislature brought in anti-gun speakers to testify before the house giving some of them up to 90 minutes to address an issue, citizens were hand picked from the crowd and allowed 3 minutes each and strangely Law Enforcement expert testimony was limited to one LEO per Bill and some of those were hand picked.
Our normal due process was violated because "they" had a specific agenda and if you didn't fit their mold you were limited in your opportunity to come out against the Bill and in the case of our Sherrifs threatened with another Bill affecting pay for their personnel if they didn't get "in line" with the gun Bills.
This mornings news lists County Sherrifs all over Colorado who are refusing to enforce the new laws or are flat out stating that they are un-enforceable.
If the NRA showed up it's doubtful they would have been given an opportunity to speak, would have been nice if they tried.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:
Crazy, the key is NO out of state hunters enter Colorado, the hunting community should boycotte the state.

Just my take on this, and I have been hunting Colorado off and on since 1992, a boycotte of Colorado by Non-Resident hunters would only add insult to injury. The only people such an action would have an effect on are the people that most likely did not want these firearms bans.

Guides/Outfitters, various business owners in the smaller towns located closer to or in the hunting areas. Just like California hunters/gun owners being unable to prevent what happened in their state, Coloradans simply cannot stop what is happening in their state.

I won't be joining any Colorado Boycotte movement, it would not/will not accomplish anything. Colorado is just another victim of a disease that is spreading across America and will continue to spread, one state at a time.

Thanks Crazyhorse
That was well said.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand a person wanting to boycott Colorado. I own a business in that state and it will probably hurt me some. I would much rather see everyone help us get these SOBs out of office and these stupid laws repealed. My goal is to see Hickenlooper GONE.

Posts: 197 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 23 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"We availed ourselves of the instrumentalities of democracy to put democracy out of business."
Joseph Goebbels
My 2 cents: You must keep in mind that every restriction is setting the stage for the next one.

Posts: 44 | Location: Finger Lakes NY | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Democraps = The party of oppression.

They need to be stopped and it needs to be sooner than later. This is the final straw.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those opposed to a boycott, I only have on thing to say on the matter. If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything! For mikem0553 non residents can only vote with their wallets, the "good" citizens of Colorado already spoke about Hickenlooper they voted him into office.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Colorado is just another victim of a disease that is spreading across America and will continue to spread, one state at a time.

And if we just sit and watch it. What happens?

We must all take a stand and be proactive. The Harrisburg show banned "Black Rifles" and was shut down! If we stand together we can win, it has been proven.

Freedom is not free. Someone must take the first step and sacrifice.

My parents just moved from Colorado, thank God!

Posts: 41871 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Those opposed to a boycott, I only have on thing to say on the matter. If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything! For mikem0553 non residents can only vote with their wallets, the "good" citizens of Colorado already spoke about Hickenlooper they voted him into office.

Ed, I'm sorry my friend but I find that to be a bit offensive as it relates to this issue. I consider myself to put principles above self interest. Anyone who knows me well would tell you that is actually a fault of mine as I usually take it to the extreme.

However, I see this one differently than you. The outfitters and CO DOW are NOT the ones who imposed these unconstitutional laws on the citizenry. It was the libtards concentrated in a very small percentage of the state, voting in other libtards that brought this to fruition. Somehow, "Not Hunting" the state of Colorado doesn't appear to me to be a very effective way of getting "revenge" against the libtard, anti-gun, ANTI-HUNTING faction of the state's residents. Of course those particularly minded people don't want you to hunt at all. If you stop hunting in "their" state, all the better as far as they are concerned. Oh, and you aren't bringing your guns into the state either for your hunt? All the better in their eyes as they don't want you to have a gun in "their" state at all!

So my take on it is that giving up the fight by NOT hunting CO and NOT bringing guns into the state is counter productive. Personally, I'm going to continue hunting there and continue bringing my guns inorder to continue showing that while the Libtards may currently enjoy the position of power, that situation is more than likely temporary and due to voter indifference. Political overreach is just the very thing to fire up and motivate the apathetic voter and bring about a momentum swing, sweeping their kind out of office.

I understand the knee jerk reaction to this. I too initially thought about boycotting the state. Further thought on the matter led me to a different conclusion. I'll be chasing mulies this fall with by buddy Aaron. Screw the libtards. I'll be damned if they are going to tell me where I can and canot posses my guns. I sincerely hope that bagging a big buck equally pisses them off since they tend to be anti-hunter as well.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd,

I appreciate your opinion. And I also appreciate the other side of not coming to CO i understand the logic there too. I THINK you are going to see a huge push back on this BS. In fact this might have been the needed poke in the rear of the sleeping giant. We'll see. I won't comment publicly on what my actions will or wont be but one thing that I am seeing for the first time in a long time is the average middle class guy is finally getting pisssed to the point of action. Usually it's just the fringe on either side that do more than talk and will act out. When the middle class, the vast majority gets pissed and takes action it's the sign that they, libtards and democraps, have finally gone to far.

We'll see....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that the discussion of boycotting Colorado is similar to the one we had here about boycotting Zimbabwe because of Mugabe. If we go there are we supporting our enemy or trying to maintain a viable conservation department and hunting industry?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote