Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by txlonghorn:
Long thread. Didn't go through it all.

Yeah, that's obvious Big Grin

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok Drummond. I got it now. The major issue is Die wants a boycott of CO while the majority is against any kind of boycott whatsoever because the majority of the citizens in CO are good and do not want this law. Then let those good citizens vote those liberals out and repeal the law.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just judging by responses here and other sites, looks like a lot of small towns in Colorado and the people that live there are going to suffer mightily. Go ahead and boycott the state. You sure are gonna teach your fellow small town Americans a lesson. Assholes.....

Posts: 402 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado  | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
The major issue is Die wants a boycott of CO while the majority is against any kind of boycott whatsoever because the majority of the citizens in CO are good and do not want this law. Then let those good citizens vote those liberals out and repeal the law.

Yes, just like all the good citizens of America voted Obama out after 4 years in office. The good folks in Colorado are out numbered, just like the folks in California were.

quote:

Just judging by responses here and other sites, looks like a lot of small towns in Colorado and the people that live there are going to suffer mightily. Go ahead and boycott the state. You sure are gonna teach your fellow small town Americans a lesson.

It is easy for the folks insisting on boycotting Colorado to be so self righteous right now, we'll see how that works for them when they are the ones getting shafted, and it is going to happen sooner or later.

This is a cancer spreading across America and it seems to be real easy to place the blame on the folks that did all they could to stop it.

For all of you that live in a state that went for Obama in the past two elections, grease your ass and bend over, your turn is coming.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
as it was funny and what we need sometimes in these trying days that we all face!

Some how and I guess I am just too damn stupid, but I really do not see how hurting the folks that have already been hurt by this legislation, as being FUNNY!!!!!

I am trying my best to understand how depriving people of part of their yearly income and in many cases a major part, because of something they did not want but could not stop, is funny or helping anyone.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:
as it was funny and what we need sometimes in these trying days that we all face!

Some how and I guess I am just too damn stupid, but I really do not see how hurting the folks that have already been hurt by this legislation, as being FUNNY!!!!!

I am trying my best to understand how depriving people of part of their yearly income and in many cases a major part, because of something they did not want but could not stop, is funny or helping anyone.

***Here is my entire Post that you so conveniently cut in half: "Who gives a rat's azz if it fits right in with the thread or not, as it was funny and what we need sometimes in these trying days that we all face!

***Here is THE JOKE I mentioned that was funny:
While hunting, “Mr. 250” glassed a nice blacktail buck about 450 yards across a draw and up the side of a ridge. They looked it over, talked about it and decided that they would go ahead and try to get closer. When they had gotten about 150 yards closer, the wind shifted and Mr. 250 said it was now or never, put his jacket on a stump, got situated and boom.

When 338 man was telling me this story he stopped right there. I knew they had both tagged out so I asked him what the heck happened. He said that the buck dropped like it was hit by lightning. DRT. So I asked him what he said when the buck dropped. He said, “Son-of-bitch, looks like I’m going to have to get me a 22-250…”

That is what was funny, so don't start in with me by only putting up one line of what I was quoted as saying and then coming up with that stupid comment. You know damn well I was talking about his joke at the end of his story and not about the boycott. The more I'm on these Forums the more I have to agree with all the others that you're just on here to have your name up in lights regardless of whether you have to say stupid stuff to do it or not. Yes, that was a STUPID post!!! Remember what I said in my PM to you just several days ago?

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please explain how your response has anything to do with regulations/restrictions that have been, mandated by the state of Colorado?

A person can kill a deer or an elk with a .22 LRRF. The point is, what is going to happen to them if they are caught doing so with the listed regulations in place?

This has nothing to do with what can or cannot be done, it has to do with what can be done LEGALLY.
Just showing that .24 caliber means nothing..

Dead is dead.

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I personally believe, and I don't give a rats ass how anyone else feels, BTW, that boycotting Colorado hurts the people who have no control while actually helping the people who think "guns are evil."
(Look up hopolophobia)

HOPLOPHOBIA

I did it for you...

It's a double edged sword. Boycotts have never been effective traditionally and usually serve to hurt the innocent people along for the ride.

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Flame away...don't care.

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The major issue is Die wants a boycott of CO while the majority is against any kind of boycott whatsoever because the majority of the citizens in CO are good and do not want this law. Then let those good citizens vote those liberals out and repeal the law.

Yes, just like all the good citizens of America voted Obama out after 4 years in office. The good folks in Colorado are out numbered, just like the folks in California were.

quote:

Just judging by responses here and other sites, looks like a lot of small towns in Colorado and the people that live there are going to suffer mightily. Go ahead and boycott the state. You sure are gonna teach your fellow small town Americans a lesson.

It is easy for the folks insisting on boycotting Colorado to be so self righteous right now, we'll see how that works for them when they are the ones getting shafted, and it is going to happen sooner or later.

This is a cancer spreading across America and it seems to be real easy to place the blame on the folks that did all they could to stop it.

For all of you that live in a state that went for Obama in the past two elections, grease your ass and bend over, your turn is coming.

I agree with CrazyHorse...boycotting the state will NOT work.

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
quote:
quote:

***Here is my entire Post that you so conveniently cut in half: "Who gives a rat's azz if it fits right in with the thread or not, as it was funny and what we need sometimes in these trying days that we all face!

***Here is THE JOKE I mentioned that was funny:
While hunting, “Mr. 250” glassed a nice blacktail buck about 450 yards across a draw and up the side of a ridge. They looked it over, talked about it and decided that they would go ahead and try to get closer. When they had gotten about 150 yards closer, the wind shifted and Mr. 250 said it was now or never, put his jacket on a stump, got situated and boom.

When 338 man was telling me this story he stopped right there. I knew they had both tagged out so I asked him what the heck happened. He said that the buck dropped like it was hit by lightning. DRT. So I asked him what he said when the buck dropped. He said, “Son-of-bitch, looks like I’m going to have to get me a 22-250…”

That is what was funny, so don't start in with me by only putting up one line of what I was quoted as saying and then coming up with that stupid comment. You know damn well I was talking about his joke at the end of his story and not about the boycott. The more I'm on these Forums the more I have to agree with all the others that you're just on here to have your name up in lights regardless of whether you have to say stupid stuff to do it or not. Yes, that was a STUPID post!!! Remember what I said in my PM to you just several days ago?

And for the record, I nearly peed myself, it WAS funny. The point I was attempting to make, apparently missed the point, is that limiting hunting with the stroke of a pen has NEVER worked. Most, if not all of the people that write these laws are not "connected" to the law being penned. For the most part, it is a feel good response to the perceived problem at hand.

We, as constituents need to elect representatives that at least have a clue as to what they are voting for.

CrazyHorse is right. Believe it or not.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The point I was attempting to make, apparently missed the point, is that limiting hunting with the stroke of a pen has NEVER worked. Most, if not all of the people that write these laws are not "connected" to the law being penned. For the most part, it is a feel good response to the perceived problem at hand.

We had the same problem when wis wrote its frist hand gun hunting law.

A lot of anti's jump in and got handguns with less then 5 inchs of barrel out lawed for hunting. Then some person in the DNR yelled and yelped that only 357 41 or 44 mag could be legal.

We got some changed for the better but the 5 inch barrel requirement remainds.

I can use a 5 inch 9mmL but could't use 454 in a ruger with its shortest barrel.

Posts: 19432 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
We had the same problem when wis wrote its frist hand gun hunting law.

A lot of anti's jump in and got handguns with less then 5 inchs of barrel out lawed for hunting. Then some person in the DNR yelled and yelped that only 357 41 or 44 mag could be legal.

We got some changed for the better but the 5 inch barrel requirement remainds.

I can use a 5 inch 9mmL but could't use 454 in a ruger with its shortest barrel.

Case in point. Absolutely makes no sense whatsoever.

Sounds like the person(s) or committee that wrote this law was appeasing non hunters or some special interest group.

Time to flush the toilet at the local, state and federal level...

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:

CrazyHorse is correct. Punishing the whole state for the actions of the few makes no sense. Support the outfitters, gun shops and people who did what they could to stop the wave of stupid flowing across Colorado, boycott the rest.

Here in Oregon we have one county, Multnomah County (and the greater Portland metro area in general), that is wacko left wing and causes most of the grief for the rest of the state. There are pockets of stupid people all over, Eugene for example, but for the most part, it's epicenter is Portland.

It is very difficult to get anything done to correct the bad laws passed because of the feel goods in Multnomah county outnumber the sensible people in the rest of the state. It's easy for these assholes to pass a law banning this, or regulating that, when it doesn't negatively impact them directly. The people who are directly effected by the bureaucratic bullshit can't outvote the wackos in the big cities.

I feel for the people in Colorado who are getting kicked around by the wackos in the big cities. It is happening here, too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is very difficult to get anything done to correct the bad laws passed because of the feel goods in Multnomah county outnumber the sensible people in the rest of the state. It's easy for these assholes to pass a law banning this, or regulating that, when it doesn't negatively impact them directly. The people who are directly effected by the bureaucratic bullshit can't outvote the wackos in the big cities.

I feel for the people in Colorado who are getting kicked around by the wackos in the big cities. It is happening here, too.

***That's exactly how BO was elected and then reelected. All big city voters that the Libs have in their pockets along with the "entitlement" attitude of all the minorities who live there and want to stay on the gravy train of welfare, food stamps, etc. This country is so polarized now that it sucks and it will only get worse. I hate to say it, but we have already seen the best years in the history of this country. IMHO they are long gone and will never return.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is the cancer that is going to end private gun ownership and hunting. The folks that want to take gun ownership/Second Amendment Rights and hunting away from us are going to win, one state at a time. Non-Residents of any state have no power of ANY kind, to change what is happening. Boycotting any state will only hurt the folks that depend on the money brought in by Non-Resident sportsmen. The folks pushing/supporting the restrictive legislation will feel no ill effects of a boycott. The only state agency that will suffer any ill effects from a sportsman's boycott is the DOW. The side effect might be a more concentrated push to outlaw hunting as a management tool in the state by the anti's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw a short video this morning where one of the Democratic Lady Legislators was explaining to the citizenry why in the not too distant future this magazine ban would be so effective. She went on to explain that the ones in use now will get shot and along with no more more being manufactured will eventually lead to a magazine free society. The dumb broad obviously doesn't even know that you can reload them until he** freezes over, LOL!

posted Hide Post
Look, the gun industry has the upper hand but to my knowledge has not played their cards. You want change? Send an email to the various gun and ammunition manufacturers in the US and tell them that you will not buy any more guns or ammunition until they take a major stand, then you will see if its about the 2nd amendment or $$$$. These mfgs could easily get laws changed by charging exorbitant fees to these states for handguns, rifles and ammunition. $10k for a glock or sig and 5K for a 50rd box of ammo and see what happens. No $$$ no sale. Pretty simple. I'm talking about the guns for "state employees with badges". Need your service weapon repaired = $1 mil.

Posts: 13 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 22 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobbr50:
Look, the gun industry has the upper hand but to my knowledge has not played their cards. You want change? Send an email to the various gun and ammunition manufacturers in the US and tell them that you will not buy any more guns or ammunition until they take a major stand, then you will see if its about the 2nd amendment or $$$$. These mfgs could easily get laws changed by charging exorbitant fees to these states for handguns, rifles and ammunition. $10k for a glock or sig and 5K for a 50rd box of ammo and see what happens. No $$$ no sale. Pretty simple. I'm talking about the guns for "state employees with badges". Need your service weapon repaired = $1 mil.
BINGO!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plus One.

Perhaps Colorado will notice the drop in tax revenue from Mag-Pul and the employees who are losing their jobs.

It's always about the money...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The sad part is we wouldn't even be having this discussion if we could trust our government.

Posts: 513 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Plus One.

Perhaps Colorado will notice the drop in tax revenue from Mag-Pul and the employees who are losing their jobs.

It's always about the money...

Since it is the goal of the progressives to get as many people on welfare as possible, I'd say they are probably proud of what they have destroyed.

After all, teach a man to fish and he will vote conservative, give a a man a fish and he will vote liberal every time.

Posts: 6259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
After all, teach a man to fish and he will vote conservative, give a a man a fish and he will vote liberal every time.

tu2 clap

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bentaframe:
The sad part is we wouldn't even be having this discussion if we could trust our government.
tu2

One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
QUOTE]

Ask Montana how will it worked to stick it nonresident hunters. That was just a price increase.

[/QUOTE]

I think it is working out just fine, any non-resident who wants a Elk/Deer combo now gets it. It really doesn't impact outfitters as it just eliminated the outfitter guarantees and their clients just put in with the rest. I am assuming that you are referring to the fact that MT combos don't sell out now. I would think that would actually be a positive to non-resident hunters that can get leftovers if they don't put in by March 15.

Of course, this is off topic and instead I would direct those concerned with gun control to look at the Montana Firearms Freedom Act as an example of how different MT is from CO.

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since it is the goal of the progressives to get as many people on welfare as possible, I'd say they are probably proud of what they have destroyed.

Agreed! 10000000000%

Soooooo we need to keep spending money in Colorado so the state will garner enough tax revenue to feed, clothe and house the ones that are voting against us.....I get it now.

Atlas is gonna shrug. No doubt. Someday these socialists are gonna run out of other peoples money to use to purchase votes with. I say get it over with before too much harm is done.

Posts: 41860 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote