New
Find
Notify
Tools

Origin of your login name?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike is my name and I used a 338 in Africa. Love that gun and whad it does to game animals.

Posts: 428 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
120mm, as carried on the M1A1 and Leopard II tanks, refers to my first job as an adult (Tank commander/platoon leader) and also my favorite production round, good for moa accuracy and probably enough gun for anything on this planet.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I was on a javelina hunt in AZ with some friends that were very much into TC Encore handguns.

Big Mike had brought along his newest hand cannon, chambered in some ungodly cartridge with a name like a .338 JDJ or something like that. He used it for elk.

We were passing the time shooting one afternoon and he asked if I wanted to shoot it. I said sure, why not, but I really didn't have any experience with these things, being used to long guns.

Anyway, I took careful aim and squeezed the trigger.

It's amazing how fast the human mind reacts. I rememeber having time to think to myself " Man, it's really gonna hurt when this gun that coming back at me hits me in the face. Oh well, can't do anything about it now, better close that eye."

I just wasn't ready for the recoil, was holding the gun way too loosely, like I shoot a rifle at bench rest. It came up and back and whacked me over my left eye and took out a small chunk of my nose over the left nostril. I guess I must have turned a bit when I saw it coming.

Anyway after the blood was cleaned up and everyone was sure I was OK, just a bit uglier, Big Mike started calling me Recoil. Rob's my name so I used it for my online name. Gunwriter was there, he might even have a picture.

Rob

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Recoil,

You should know better. I never take photos of bloody animals! [Roll Eyes] -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe you took one with my camera, I'll have to check my photos.

Or maybe it's just etched into my brain, sure hurt enough.

Rob

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Recoil,

I did take some photos of you guys shooting one day or another but unfortunately missed the gushing blood dealie. I was probably getting stuff to eat ready or some such chore. -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In a previous life Oldfart and I must have been twins. See page 1 for Oldfart

[ 07-31-2003, 07:51: Message edited by: Old & Slow ]

Posts: 230 | Location: Alabama; USA | Registered: 18 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the world of information technology, Windows and Unix-based machines occupy the smaller end of the spectrum; IBM System/390 and Z-series machines are the upper end.

Most of my almost 30-year IT career has been spent working on BigIron.

Regards,
B.I.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pretty straight forward. My initials.

Posts: 529 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of 1cav sgt ret
posted Hide Post
only thing I could think of at the moment,It was the last unit of assignment and where I retired from the US ARMY,Also some of my best memories there

Posts: 48 | Location: scurry tx | Registered: 30 July 2003Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I was given my name at birth.

AD

one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
What can I say, I like speckled dogs. Fine hounds with a beautiful voice. I go by "shawnhound" everywhere else.

By the way, that gsp guy is alright in my book [Razz]

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BusMaster007
posted Hide Post
What I drive, how I drive them, and part of the custom phone # I was offered.
I also like Bushmaster rifles, so it all fit together nicely. [Smile]

Posts: 750 | Location: Upper Left Coast | Registered: 19 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
[

[ 08-06-2003, 20:40: Message edited by: Steel Talon ]

Posts: 19 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 27 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My baby boy was sitting on my lap the night I registered. Nicholas Tramontana. So nicktr made sense.

Posts: 9 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 July 2003Reply With Quote