New
Find
Notify
Tools

Origin of your login name?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
My first name, first letter of my last name, and my badge number (JohnK007). Like TXPO I've been a cop for some time (26 years this October).

Posts: 240 | Location: Downers Grove, Illinois | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
<rplocat>
posted
short for lonesome polcat a good friend gave me that handle a long time ago he said i looked like the newspaper comic.i mispelled it when set up my logon didn't figure it out until i tried to post.the r is start of last name.

<BigBob>
posted
rkidnme,

I bought my wife a new computer and Kathy thought I should surf the web, so she signed me up. Big-I'm 6'7" and weigh 300 pounds, Bob-well that's my name. What can I say, Kathy is the boss in this house. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
PS, Since I worked vice for awhile when I was on the department, I think I would have used something like "hookerbooker". Have a good weekend. [Big Grin]

[ 06-28-2003, 05:40: Message edited by: BigBob ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
pretty self explanitory, my favorite caliber, and favorite of all my rifles.

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know there's a few other karl's on site but I must have got in first when saeed brought in the new software.

Karl.

Posts: 3533 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All my close friends are all the time telling me I talk out of my ass, but Talking Ass didn't sound right to me.

Posts: 117 | Location: U.S.A | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bud ice ale......my favorite drink [Big Grin]

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Injun

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
56 inch kudu! [Big Grin]

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was in the USAF I grew very fond of the AC-130 Spectre gunships that flew close air support over us. The Ghostriders (AC-130s), were the angels on our wings.

17 has been my number on my ice hockey jersey since high school.

Here is a pic of some noseart from one of the gunships.

-

Posts: 424 | Location: Kali-fornya via Missouri | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
I was given that name by Rufus of the Northern Sutu. Rufus was the skinner in camp I hunted in RSA. He gave me that "handle" after I killed my first African animal a Blue Wildebeest. He was truely impressed that I had killed the beeste with my recurve.

Later, when we had the animal hanging for butchering I understood the feat I had accomplished. The wildebeest's ribs are very wide & close together. I also learned that I was the camp's first traditional bowhunter.

After watching Wildebeest in the wild I'm proud & glad that was my first African trophy.

I also REALLY glad I decided not to shoot at that little skunk! [Big Grin]

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Well, my first internet forum experience was with one devoted to the venerable Dodge Ram. Since I live in the desert and drove the afore-mentioned Ram, it was a relatively easy one to come up with. It just seemed to stick and (so far) has been unique enough that nobody has used it on other boards. It's kinda my default I guess. I could be more original, but I have enough passwords and logins at work - I don't need more for recreation.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man of foolish pursuits.

Posts: 480 | Location: B.C.,Canada | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Always been an avid hunter. Was joining an online gaming area and tried "Hunter" - taken of course. I happened to be reading a book on sub warfare at the time so I tried "SilentHunter" - Taken. Then I grabbed the thesaurus, plugged in Silent Hunter and it came out with QuietHunter - not taken and the rest is history.
My brother immediatly took noisyhunter and laughs about it all the time.

Posts: 165 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am a meduim/heavy duty truck technician,specialty in Caterpillar diesel engines. Big diesels,big bore rifles,seemed like a good handle, diesel_dude!

Posts: 221 | Location: Back in Alaska where I belong | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Shot highpower rifle competition for many years with the goal of qualifying as high master. Finally made it in 1996.

Regards,
hm

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idared:
Because I dislike "Tree Huggers" and "Bunny Huggers" I was sometimes called an "Idaho Redneck" when I lived in the "Gem" state. It just got shortened to Idared, and although displaced as of right now I still use it. [Wink]

I was sure it was because you named yourself after a potato. Sorry I was wrong.

[ 06-28-2003, 09:07: Message edited by: wayne nish ]

Posts: 691 | Location: UTC+8 | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JUst my initials,

pretty boring hey [Frown]

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LAWyer since 1986
COP-police officer since 1970

spend my time either working as a police officer or a prosecutor. Back to police work for now. You'd think after doing it for 30 years I would finally decide what I want to do when/if I grow up. [Wink]

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JOE MACK
posted Hide Post
Took the name of the main character of Louis L'Amour's book, "Last of the Breed." It's about an Air Force spy plane pilot that's forced down over Siberia. He's a member of the Sioux nation and uses the woodslore he was taught to evade his Russian antagonists. A very good book in my opinion. The fact that I'm 1/4 Sioux doesn't taint my opinion either. [Roll Eyes] RKBA!

Posts: 403 | Location: PRK | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WyoJoe: I'm about the same distance from North Pole as I am from Fbks. In a way it's kinda funny-my phone # is on the N.P. exchange but my mailing address is out of Fbks. I just used Fbks. in my handle because most people at least have an idea where that is. Bear in You Know Where.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bman because of my name Beeman, and AK because until the Air Force made me leave, I was living just dwon the road a piece from Bear in you know where Alaska.

Posts: 148 | Location: Currently located in Southern New Mexico | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bear in Fairbanks:
I'm about the same distance from North Pole as I am from Fbks.

I used to live in Dutch Harbor and my uncle still lives in North Pole.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dont realy know to tell the truth, given to me a couple 6-8 yrs ago and for some reason it just stuck....

Posts: 675 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Long Distance Hunter... My 2 favorite passions combined.... Long Distance shooting and Hunting.

$bob$ (This one I've had since Fidonet days... Back then everyone had a wierd handle and I'm not really sure why I used this one because I'm certainly NOT surrounded by money but Bob is really my name.... [Smile]

[ 06-28-2003, 13:12: Message edited by: LDHunter ]

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My initials and the nickname I was given growing up just outside of San Francisco. As you might imagine from that area I was in most cases the bad guy that killed Bambi! My friends called me hunter and the rest usually threw an A** hole before it!

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
art has been my "handle" for almost thirty years.
the guys at work gave it to me, and it stuck.
art was taken, so I had to take arty.

Posts: 345 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
<Fuzz>
posted
First tried my initials JR & JLR but both were used allready so I shortened my dogs name Fuzzie.
Fuzz

one of us
posted Hide Post
WY = state of residence.

Posts: 326 | Location: Cheyenne area WY USA | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
I have a CoastGuard license to run crew, supply & dive boats (I'm also a diving instructor) & my name is Jack.

..also used to be a grunt- sergeant in the Americal in the QueSonValley south of DaNang.
..it was Sgt.Krohn back then...

<Big Stick>
posted
No particular reason............

-

one of us
posted Hide Post
Marsh Mule, just another name for a MOOSE, and I think they are awesome.

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
me like Mausers.

Posts: 260 | Location: ky. | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fred was taken and since I tend to do things bassakwards ,I am derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
actually my wife picked this name to use on her game sites on the puter. her friend was here helping her get set up to play games on the different game sites. my tasco telescope was sitting here by the computer desk an they took the name from it. i have no idea where 74 comes from. it seems to work on all the places i go on here so i keep using it. (i'm a firm believer in the K.I.S.S. policy.)

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been a devoted fan of the Barnes X bullet since they were introduced. It's unfortunate for my friends but I pester them to shoot X bullets or some other premium brand until they relent.

Nearly ten years ago I shot a buck on the last day of hunting season. The bullet entered the chest and exited dead center of the rear ham.
The gun was a 338-378 loaded with a 175gr. X bullet at near light speed.
My buddys came to have a look having heard the shot.
One commented that it was a good thing I was an "X-man" since a standard bullet could never work on such a large buck.

The "buck" weighed in at 56 pounds. The range... less than 20 feet.

The peanut gallery was in full force.
The name stuck.

Jamie

Posts: 322 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My on again, off again sweetie (Amanda) gave me the name "King Mule"; I'd like to think it is because of a certain appendage, however the real reason Amanda gave me this nickname is because I tend to be "stubborn as a mule" at times. The inAk is because I live in Alaska - KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First it was Suluuq The Handgun Hunter, when I first got my computer. Then I shortened it to SULUUQ. Now its Rusty Gunn, because people kept mispelling my name (they still do on occasion), and I think it's a cool handle too. "Suluuq" is my Inupiaq Eskimo name, which refers to the fletchings on a bow. My english name is Donald. ~~~Suluuq

Posts: 854 | Location: Kotzebue, Ak. | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I grew up watching John Wayne at the movies and when True Grit came out in 1969 it would be the only movie he ever won a acadamy award for, it is also my favorite.

Posts: 1018 | Location: Lafourche Parish, La. | Registered: 24 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Oulu", Is the l'il town in NW Wisconsin where I grew up. "Finn", Refers to my ancestry. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 45 | Location: DFDubya Texas | Registered: 27 May 2002Reply With Quote