one of us
Picture of 475/480
posted Hide Post
Favorite Caliber .475

Posts: 562 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
I shoot a lot of cowboy and I'm old and not that fast, so I borrowed from the British comedian Benny hill, "they won't forget Irving, the 142nd fastest gun in the West"

So we have the whole Wallace family;
Irving 'Bad Ass' Wallace
'Cute Ass' Wallace
'Smart Ass' Wallace
'Lard Ass' Wallace
& the youngest is called 'Windy' [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ 06-30-2003, 06:01: Message edited by: Bad Ass Wallace ]

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I can't remember.

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
<phurley>
posted
phurley --- middle initial, last name. No magic here, I just couldn't think of the "perfect handle". [Wink] Good shooting.

<JOHAN>
posted
JOHAN

Which is my real name (one of three) I gotten it since it was the name of my mothers grandfather. I guess it's some sort of tradition to give a name after a grandfather or grandmother [Confused]

Cheers [Razz]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got tired of "just handloading" and the trend towards cases big enough to drink coffee out of, so I have spent the last 5 years in my little ballisitcs lab out in the barn investigating the myths and realities of sabots. A 20% increase in case capacity only gives an 5.6% increase in velocity, but a 20% increase in bore diameter gives an 11.6% increase...why not use sabots?

It takes 64 grs of case capacity to get 3000 fps out of a 150 gr 7MM bullet, but ony 46 grs using the same 7MM bullet in a 338 bore and a sabot. Optimum bbl length decreases from 25 to 22 inches...what's not to like?

Posts: 1111 | Location: Afton, VA | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of oneills
posted Hide Post
O'Neill is our surname and i use oneills to log into forums and email as it is easy to remember

Posts: 73 | Location: Vic, Australia | Registered: 19 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Handle is my given name with the first initial of my lastname added.
Frank Earley==franke.
I also have an alis;one that "Trapdoor" would appreciate.==Kagman71
I'm not the first to use that Handle,though.
Frank

Posts: 202 | Location: Newburgh,New York Orange | Registered: 21 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
My first name and surname abbreviated, and a Latin "us" to ad some Old World touch! [Smile]

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Because the next best thing to hiking up a mountain with a rifle slung over my shoulder is hurtling down one with boards strapped on my feet [Big Grin]

Jeff

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My handle was given to me by a couple of my hunting buddys. They think I have superhuman eyesite since I am ususally spotting game prior to anyone else, usually shoot fairly straight, and tend to have pretty fair luck in the hunting department.

Have never been to Africa but that is my BIG dream if I ever win the lottery or after the kids grow up.

Posts: 134 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm a Texan, and a friend of mine calls me Trademark (my initials are TM, like the little trademark stamps on things..).

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In italian express is the term used to refer to a rifle in a double barral configuration, usually a big bore.

I love big bore doubles, and the name could reflect something of my character. Just charge right on in and carry through.

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
olefish because my daughter made it up for me, Ole a nick name and because I live to fish.

Posts: 68 | Location: WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Delta Hunter>
posted
I grew up and continue to hunt in the Mississippi River delta in the state of Mississippi, thus my handle Delta Hunter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I tend to use firearms that others would consider too big for the task at hand, for the sheer rush of the shove. Big Recoil = Big Reaction

Posts: 336 | Location: Alabama, U.S.A. | Registered: 19 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was in the Army back in 71-73 AggieDog was the nickname tagged onto me. It's based off of my last name. Has nothing to do with agriculture, although I am an aggie, by trade.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Friends at work called me this for no real reason. I'm a pretty average size guy and not small as in calling a huge guy "Tiny". It got started and just stuck!

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
because I am one - I know everybody hates them, but they've been my favourite rifles for nearly 30 years - owned and loved 5 or 6 of 'em, I like the looks, the feel, and as long as the MkII carries a Timney trigger, they shoot much better than I need. Now have one in 270 and love it to death - it reliably places 3 shots into less than half an inch at 100.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Naini Tal: city where was born the greatest hunter that ever lived. Search for him! LOL

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
<Jumper>
posted
Was a paratrooper with the 173rd Airborne Brigade.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine is quite simple, it's a nickname my hunting and shooting buddies gave me years ago because I have either handloaded for them or have taught them to reload.

Posts: 223 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have always been facinated by big typical whitetail bucks with Droptines. In my 25+ years of whitetail hunting I have yet to see one in the wild, but I am still looking for one. [Big Grin]

Posts: 30 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Old college nickname.

Posts: 5 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 04 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
was going to do sharpshooter...because of my competitive rifle shooting hobby, but it was taken or something.

So i went for sharps-shooter...same general idea i just incorporated my 1874 sharps into the name... gotta love that .45-70!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lawdog was hung on me by my 3rd. grade teacher when I kept telling all the other kids that they had to play by the rules or not play. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wildcat Crazy!I love to design and build wildcat cartridges.

I learned the toolmaking trade so I could build my own wildcats.

As far as the crazy part,when you are told something often enough,you start to believe it.

WC

Posts: 407 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gene is my name. I'm retired so no one will get me fired because I voiced an opinion. Not that I have strong opinions here. I visit areas here to learn more about my shooting related hobbies, hunting and reloading.
Gene

Posts: 125 | Location: Altus, OK,USA | Registered: 30 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gotogirl because in my area of the Texas legal community I am known as the girl you go to when you want the impossible accomplished. 3 is my favorite number.

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CZ 550
posted Hide Post
Mine is based on my intense love for a certain brand of Czech manufactured rifles.

Posts: 477 | Location: Olyphant Pennsylvania | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Since I have to handle tens of thousands of these damn triggerguards ever year, it only seamed to appropriate. Triggerguard was already taken on a couple of other sites, so Triggerguard1 was born.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Mr_Magoo>
posted
During the 15 years I was married, I did not shoot. After the divorce, I went to the range and found out how out of date my glasses were [Eek!]

one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
Take a wild guess!
[Big Grin]

Johan

Posts: 1082 | Location: Middle-Norway (Veterinary student in Budapest) | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A good thread!

I quit using nicks altogether long time ago. My real name.Everybody can be tracked down anyway and this one is relatively easy to remember. [Roll Eyes]

I got banned from PETA forums for this "nick" lol. [Big Grin]

Posts: 81 | Location: Finland | Registered: 10 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
My last name is Baker!

Hey Joe Mack, I've read that book, I thought it was great!!

Bakes

Posts: 8053 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
two canoes--better than one

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of solvi
posted Hide Post
My real name
S�lvi  -

Posts: 497 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 27 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No Edward Bellamy here.

Avanti
(Long-time listener, first-time caller)

Posts: 128 | Location: Florida | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 35 Whelen, my favorite shootin' gun from gophers to buffalo.

Posts: 73 | Location: North Central / Montana | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote