New
Find
Notify
Tools

Origin of your login name?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Some of you guys have great log in names.
Thought it might be fun to hear the stories behind some of them.
Mine is "rukidnme".
Everytime I am glassing and see a really big rack on a buck or bull I say that to myself.
Never really noticed it or thought about it until I was trying to thing of a name that hadn't been used for login.
Anybody else?

Posts: 162 | Location: Boise | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
The Cariboo is where I live! It is NOT a mis-spelling of caribou. The 'handle' was given to me years ago by a cranky old feller who ran a web forum where he wanted everyones name to reflect where they were from.

BTW the Cariboo is a large region in the Central interior of British Columbia, and yes we do have Caribou here! LoL

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
TC1=Terry Clarkson, Somebody else had just TC so I had to add the 1 to the end. A lot of thought went into that handle [Roll Eyes]

[ 06-27-2003, 19:03: Message edited by: TC1 ]

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
My name is Joe and I am from Wyoming, hence WyoJoe.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The name of my farm is Graylake Holsteins Ltd.

Thus started using graylake as a login.

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
It's where I like to place my bullet silly! [Big Grin]

Them boiler room shots on bumble bees get pretty tricky. I've had to pass on many shots. [Razz]

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Used to be Buffalobwana fairly self explanitory. "Bwana" African word for hunter.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I live in the best "elk country" in the west!
That's how I picked my name.
Elk Country

Posts: 180 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: 26 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
TXPO=Texas Peace Officer

I've been in Law Enforcement for 14 years and have used that 'nic-name' since Al Gore invented the internet [Wink]

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
 -

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of kk
posted Hide Post
My initials. I used to use my full name, but I was pestering some whack-0s on a canoeing forum, and a couple of them tracked my employment and tried to get me fired.

Actually, my employer thought it was great. They acutally helped, but I like to choose my friends.

kk

Posts: 1224 | Location: Southern Ontario, Canada | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nebraska.....Hmmmmm..... [Big Grin]

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of kk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kk:
My initials. I used to use my full name, but I was pestering some whack-0s on a canoeing forum, and a couple of them tracked my employment and tried to get me fired.

My employer thought it was great. They actually helped, but I like to choose my friends.

kk

Posts: 1224 | Location: Southern Ontario, Canada | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cjw3 = cjw are my initials, the 3 is my place in line behind Dad and at the time my Great Grandfather.

regards
Carl

Posts: 189 | Location: Was Kansas, USA - Now South Australia | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Quarter Round
posted Hide Post
.257 - .25-06 [Big Grin]

<Paleohunter>
posted
I help an old friend who was once one of my University professors hunt and dig up dinosaur bones for the University of Oklahoma Museum of Natural History. Hence Paleohunter [Wink]

[ 06-27-2003, 21:08: Message edited by: Paleohunter ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hcliff is short for Heathcliff, which is nicename from Heath, my name Wow long story

Hcliff

Posts: 305 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
My wife calls me "That Grumpy Perverted OldFart". I usually inform her that I'm offended by that name cause I'm not Old.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
My initials and my favorite caliber, same as my email.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pretty pedestrian actually, my first and middle name.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I first logged on as The Old Hunter as when I signed on for the first time I had been hunting for over 50 years and it was a bad for the knee I was feeling old. Later after hunting Africa I converted it to Die = The, Ou = Old, Jagter = Hunter. [Cool]

[ 06-27-2003, 23:15: Message edited by: Die Ou Jagter ]

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
<Doc in Texas>
posted
I live in Texas and I have a Ph.D in Wildlife Biology,and my friends call me Doc.

Doc in Texas

one of us
Picture of kk
posted Hide Post
Quoted above instead of edited.

kk

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine's just my last name. Though, like kk, I've had occasions where some who have disagreed with my take on things, have tried to get me fired. Even going so far as to harass the deputy minister (I work for a quasi-gov't org). So far, no luck. [Razz]

However, it does give one distress about how "free" free speech really is.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
savage - fairly obvious

the 99 part was the first non military rifle I bought

444 - 4 kids, 4 grandsons, 4 granddaughters

I arranged the numbers so they read the same frontwards or backwards: savage49494

Posts: 2092 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pretty straight forward with me. My nickname is "Bear" and I live about 12 miles outside of Fairbanks, the "Golden Heart of the Interior" of Alaska.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
ACRecurve---

My initials plus the weapon I prefer trolls to use to stop a buffalo charge [Big Grin] ....actually, recurve is the kind of bow I like to shoot in the backyard.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Springfield Model 1873 "Trapdoor" rifle...

I grew up shooting .45-70s and Trapdoors with Dad. I now am .45-70 obsessed... Well, some people will say obsessed. I'm not sure they know what they are talking about, though!

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
AK = Alaska, my home
JD = My Initials

Thus AKJD

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have another alias used elsewhere, but AR would not accept it...sooooo...I'm missing part of one digit and you guess the rest. [Big Grin]

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
<rws2>
posted
rws2 is my initials.When I was small my mother adressed my father as Big Robert and I as Little Robert,hence the lower case letters.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I went to a sportsman's show that had a mass merchandiser with a quantity of shotshells for sale. They listed them as 'shootshells'. When I pointed this out to the salespeople; I was met with blank stares. I never forgot about those 'shootshells'.

<Hoghead>
posted
I'm an engineer on the railroad. "Hoghead" is a slang term for an engineer.

<Rimrock>
posted
In what seems like a previous life, we used to operate a grasshopper and gopher farm near Cut Bank, MT. Our house sat on top of some rimrocks, which IMO were one of the few redeeming points of the neighborhood. They contained several buffalo jumps, beacoup teepee rings, etc., as well as providing good views of the Sweetgrass Hills to the east, the peaks of Glacier Park to the west, and a lot of Godforsaken nothing inbetween. I spent a lot of time as a kid exploring around the rims, and still do when I'm up there. Anyway, when internet hunting bulletin boards got started with the old Coffee Shop, I chose Rimrock as a handle and for better or worse am still using it, lo, all these years later.
Plus I'm a guitar player, and like it for those boards as well. In spite of my business being named after Cowboy Heaven (a sometimes favored elk hunting spot, and no reflection on any sort of cowpuncher afterlife), and having a collection of horses, I actually find a lot of cowboys kind of annoying ;-), and my musical tastes lean toward rawk and roll, so the Rimrock thing sort of ties into that, too....

one of us
posted Hide Post
That was a really good post. It's interesting to see so much info on folks.
Lets see...sakofan....I dont remember how I came up with that one! [Wink]

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guess. [Wink]

Posts: 136 | Location: PA | Registered: 16 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bear in Fairbanks:
I live about 12 miles outside of Fairbanks, the "Golden Heart of the Interior" of Alaska.

B i F,
Would that be "North Pole"?

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
Because I dislike "Tree Huggers" and "Bunny Huggers" I was sometimes called an "Idaho Redneck" when I lived in the "Gem" state. It just got shortened to Idared, and although displaced as of right now I still use it. [Wink]

[ 06-28-2003, 04:21: Message edited by: Idared ]

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's my vanity license plate.

It's my 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2 Highrider, but the ONEFUNZR2 came from my 1995 ZR2, one of only 500 made that year between Chevy and GMC combined.
Neither one has ever let me down; north for hunting, or east to the Atlantic ocean for fishing. What else can I say but it gives me a lot of fun in an otherwise mundane life!
 -

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own several farms on which I raise trees. Hence, I am TreeFarmer.

Posts: 262 | Location: PA & VA, USA | Registered: 26 June 2003Reply With Quote