Notify
Tools

ABC News Poll on Gun Control
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Please let your voice be heard.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3045574&page=1

*************************Conservationist. Reformed Attorney. Producer of Outdoor Media.

www.stevescott.tv

Posts: 192 | Location: Norman, OK USA | Registered: 01 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, here we go again. We're really gonna have to step up to the plate on this one I think. With Nancy, Babs & Hill & Obama in charge and Rudy quite popular in the polls, I think we've really got our work cut out for us. Stick together on this & put petty differences of opinion aside on this one, guys.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, at least maybe Imus and Anna Nicole will be out of the news for a while! Roll Eyes

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
(AP) - The gunman in the Virginia Tech massacre was a sullen loner who alarmed professors and classmates with his twisted, blood-drenched creative writing and left a rambling note in his dorm room raging against women and rich kids...."

Surprise, surprise! A quiet loner.
Sounds like the usual description of the nut in all such cases. When are the gun banners going to realize we bubbas who enjoy nothing more than socializing at the range don't fit the mold and hence are no threat?
horse

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone determined the statistics on how many hunters ever do these things?? I have a theory that people who hunt and kill animals know the reality of death. We also know that pulling a trigger is an irrevocable act. Once something is dead it can't be brought back to life. People who live on video games etc. always have a "do over" and fail to understand what a gun can do.

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The perp was in treatment for depression and the meds used for such treatment can make one even more depressed , suicidal or dangerous. If I was investigating this case my target would be the counselor who was seeing him,maybe the counselor didn't pickup the signals this guy had to have been telegraphing!If you're any good at analyzing people you can read the person quickly from just one interview I know I interviewed thousands of perps who were a risk to themselves and others and I always mentioned that info in my reports in language easily understood.The ones I interviewed weren't hunters they were sadistic killers,the only cases of life taking with hunters usually was a crime of passion brought on by being in a deteriorating relationship.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
scr83jp What's your opinion on this idea? When you run into a fellow at the range etc. who seems like a genuine risk to himself or others-you should talk to the authorities. I know that's definately a slippery slope, but sometimes a tragedy could be averted. On the other hand it would turn into a free for all, one just has to enter the political forum here to see how many wackos abound.

the chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice how the polls just disappear when they turn out over 70% against more gun control?

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Latest figures: 105,000 against more control
25,000 in favor of more.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
bewildered

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote