Notify
Tools

Bill Gates died
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vapodog:
and left you all his money. You just bought the defunct Winchester company and you want to bring out new ammo and guns to match.

What's going to be new from you?

Mine is the 6.5-06 and real fast.

I would turn the Winchester plant into a museum Wink Showing how things was maked in the last century killpc
Then i would invest some millions in brand new CNC teknology and produce modern rifles, with as few emploies as posible, to be able to continue producíng in a country with mutch higher labourcosts than in china

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I'd first re open the Mustang Ranch in Nevada.......

Then I'd make sure my gun cabinet had all the Winchesters I really wanted... and would bring back a lot of the old models in black powder cartridges and the 1886....

Then I'd sell the Winchester factory and Name and Buy the Remington Factory and do the same thing to there operations...

Instead of bringing in Yugo Mausers tho, I'd do whatever it took to start making 1903 Springfield Actions once again and 1917 Enfield Actions/ Rem Model 30 actions...

My gun cabinet would be loaded up on what is considered by others "obsolete calibers"...

Like a Model 30 S in 250 Savage, 25 Rem, 30 Rem, 32 Rem, 35 Rem.....

Winchester 54s in 257 Roberts, 7 x 57, 8 x 57, 30 Govt. ( yeah I know it is an 06, but I love the barrels with 30 Govt on them better) 30/30s, 35 Rem, 250 Savage.....

1903 Springfields in 257 Roberts, 6mm Rem, 7x 57, 6.5 x 57, 256 Newton, 338/06... 35 Whelan...

Model 70 Custom Shop in 375 H & H... 416 Rigby..

And visit my Mustang Ranch a lot...in between hunts...gotta keep track of the inventory...and good help is hard to find... lol

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
build a lever action that can take 60,000 cup

all rifles to be made to order with a week turn around.

demand an i.q. test along with a safty test. possibly a gene test to check for inbreeding.

make an exact mauser copy to shut them up and to make up for their innadequecies.

fit and finish to be superb!

every kid to reach 10 years old to get a win bb gun and at 13 to get a 22 and 16 a 223 18 a 30-06 and after that yer on yer own.

exotic game preserves all over the country with licenses up for grabs.

manditory anual deer and elk hunts

cowboy shooting to be an olympic sport

every man woman to carry holsters packed with 2 45 colt wheel guns. this will cut back on infidelity and crime.

all guns to have stainless and lefty models as well. there you go lefties.

every rifle to be pillar bedded and free floating.

absolutely no fluted barrels except for lightweight models.

free reloading tools and supplies!!!!!!

all local convenient stores to be atf's alcohol tabacco and firearms suppliers.

raises to be determined by hunting, shooting and reloading skils

buy out all brass makers who are substandard

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire, I like where you are going with your idea but add making the M1 Garand and M1 carbine to original mil specs.

Don Nelson
Sw. PA.

Posts: 622 | Location: PA. U.S.A. | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So seafire, in other words you really want to be a pinp! You dog.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George Semel:
So seafire, in other words you really want to be a pinp! You dog.

Naw, I don't want to be a pimp or be a dog...

I am just a male slut, what can I say!!!!! lol

cobra would understand that!

cheers,
seafire

PS: Jacobite.. My apologies.. you are correct, where was my head at?????

M1A and M1 Carbine...added to the list...

of course I also love the 30/40 Krags....

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yellowhammer
posted Hide Post
I'd buy it and make stuff for me...just me. When I got tired of it I might sell it if I was tired of it. Everyone would hate me and be envious. I wouldn't care 'cause I'd be the richest man in the world. Big Grin

Posts: 87 | Location: Eastern Texas | Registered: 13 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Test all firearms and all ammo to my heart's content while making up me mind. Check out the office for female staff who wanted a to assume the position assisitng me. Hire Hugh Hefner as consultant on her job description and contract before she started. Hire somebody with better taste than Hefner to choose her replacements.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Create a custom shop that could give you any damn thing you want with the only mandatory part being one of the new actions.

This is the ideal start. When you determine what customers are really buying instead of letting some out-of-touch marketing genius decide for you, then turn them into production guns, lower the price, and keep the custom shop running to watch for new trends to take advantage of.

Gotta have a way to differentiate from Rem, Savage, Tikka, Kimber, Cooper, Sako, Mausers, et al, in order to steal market share back. Inexpensive custom shop is the way to start. Get what you want without having to cannabalize an existing gun, or scrounge an action somewhere. In the meantime, you take the billions and retool for mass production/high quality action. Best way to exist is to have camparable quality at lower price point to anything else out there, or better quality at same price. New tools and processes, and high enough volumes to justify it are the only ways to accomplish that. Manufacturing is manufacturing. No matter what kind of widget you are making, the principles are the same.

Fast Ed

Measure your manhood not by success, but by significance.

Posts: 128 | Location: Delafield, Wi. | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote