THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    SOLD Updated - Now for sale here - Need help pricing Leupold VX6

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD Updated - Now for sale here - Need help pricing Leupold VX6
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Leupold VX 6 2-12x42 CDS matte plex 30mm tube with box and some papers.
Excellent condition, that I plan to sell.
Can someone who know Leupold give me an idea what a reasonable sale price should be?

I hate to badly under or over price it and appear foolish or greedy.

Thanks

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leupold's retail price is $1800
Leupold offers a Military and First Responder discount with a price of $1295.99

Pricing is a an art...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one of them Ross that is a HD model. Street used price is about $1100 on HD model. If it's not a HD model about $900.

Posts: 3700 | Location: MI | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is not HD and not a firedot.

I did a look on ebay and other places and don't see a lot of these out there. I prefer to sell here, so was looking for a "sell" price that was not too low or too high...

Thanks

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has some very nice Leupold rings and bases that I will include as well.

Much thanks. I will post it here to see who needs one.

I have a few other scopes to sell as well but this is the nicest.

One of Us
Picture of slugslinger
posted Hide Post
This is a really fine scope. I bought one last year, B&C reticle, (not HD or illuminated) on another forum. It was like new in the box but the free CDS certificate had been used, and was posted at $750. The final negotiated price I got with the seller back then was $600. I believe this was a good deal for both of us, and indicative of what you might expect, depending if the CDS certificate has been used. Again, a very fine hunting scope!

Regards,

NRA Endowment Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 519 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. I will some pics posted and see if anyone needs/wants one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leupold VX 6 in 2-12x42 CDS in 30mm tube, matte finish, Duplex reticle. This is NOT the HD version nor is it illuminated.

It was mounted on a new rifle and the previous owner said it was untested/unfired.

It comes with Leupold rings and bases. These are new and the type that rotate off the base to remove the scope. It is one of the Leupold versions of QR rings and bases.

It comes with the box and the manual. I do not see any card for getting the free CDS certificate. I would think that if you called Leupold, they could sort this for you.

The optics are perfect. There are no marks on the scope. I did not remove the rings to check for ring marks.

The scope is tight to turn and has no flaws.

Price is $600 per the comments I received from others on this thread as to pricing.

I prefer personal checks. I will pay for shipping to your door.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Just for fun, my wife's Christmas present --

She likes to "yak"....

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 677 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They fit a new Winchester Model 70

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Offers?

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 677 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of slugslinger
posted Hide Post
Ok, Not sure of the status (topic is confusing). Is it available for sale?

Regards,

NRA Endowment Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 519 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
If you haven't sold it yet, you may want to run the serial number by Leupold to check that it's legit. I know this is an older, D/C model, but there are a few things in the picture that concern me. One is it's listed with CDS that doesn't appear to be a CDS model. The engraving on the gold ring doesn't look quite right. The "VX-6" font on the eyepiece doesn't appear correct, and in proper aligment, to me, either. It may just be the pictures.

Not trying to say it's counterfeit, but I came close to getting burned on a scope and fortunately caught it. Called Leupold and they informed me it was fake. LOTS of high end scopes are being counterfeited, and some quite well, but there are some tell-tale signs to be cautious of.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was sold awhile ago. I noted that in the header when it sold.
thanks