Find
Notify
Tools

How wild are these? "SCI world record"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted
A TV show with hunting of wild hogs in Alabama. I've had tame hogs more alert than these things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...HVsU&feature=related

3 boars within an hour! It's OK, just don't show it as something demonstrating hunting of wild animals. Also, when the cutters miss the grinders, that should also disqualify an animal from record book consideration.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pitiful.

That hog did have world record EARS though....

I live in Alabama and those guys are an embaressment to Alabama hunters.

troy

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another SCI World Record broken! beer

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I watched that, and wished I hadn't.

Posts: 4605 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
I wish I hadn't seen it too. That's very strange. I couldn't watch it all the way through. I consider myself lucky that I couldn't get audio. I'm originally from the South, but I don't know people like that.

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A "Semi-Pass-Through" bowshot? Isn't that like being "Semi-Pregnant?" Either it is or it isn't!

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
"Elusive and smart" -- that's laughable! Those are farm escapees. Actually quite pathetic.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Farm escapees?

Bullshit!

Farm stock turned loose, for the sake of stupid bowhunters to be macho over. Too bad they didn't still have the eartags, I wonder how many still had lip tatoos.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Watched the second part of it, he has eartags!

What a bunch of idiots.

I believe that fair chase is one of those things that a person can only decide for themselves. But this was a farse of the highest degree.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats Called Shooting Not Hunting

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Even worse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...K86Y&feature=channel

Would love to see this one mounted in the Law office!!

Steve
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Imagine sharing a camp with those two... Roll Eyes

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D99:
Watched the second part of it, he has eartags!

What a bunch of idiots.

I believe that fair chase is one of those things that a person can only decide for themselves. But this was a farse of the highest degree.

And big, ole floppy domestic ears! Laughable!

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
White Ghost or someone’s 4H project?

Hit him 12 times? I saw 2. One was in its back, and at what, 10 yards? That’s some great shooting!!! I’m glad you ran out of bullets or you probably would have shot the camera man.

The sad part is – the guy is probably in the SCI book with the pig… thumbdown

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
What a farce! Oh, and a lousy shot! He "finally moved on to the .270" as the .30-30 wasn't enough -- LOL! jumping

Semper Fidelis

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
That is just sad.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
We had a 1200 pound Yorkshire sow named Nelly that looked a lot like that white ghost pig.

I wonder if they were littermates?

What a crock of bullshit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be more sporting to shoot them in the auction ring...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10565 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Not only did they let them free from the farm, they filled the trough with valium first!

Posts: 4 | Location: FNQ Australia | Registered: 29 September 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DFSW:
Not only did they let them free from the farm, they filled the trough with valium first!

LOL! Yes indeed! jumping

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pathetic! Thanks SCI for not only protecting my hunting rights, but for also giving me a much clearer understanding of what your definition of hunting really is. You will not be receiving my membership dues any time soon.

Posts: 94 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: 30 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well isn't that special!

On a positive note, the truck has a nice paint job.

Lets not be so quick to accuse SCI, the "guide" uses their name and claims it to be a likely new record, nowhere does he claim it was actually scored by SCI.

My personal reaction is a deep seated desire to reach out and slap the grin off guide boys face.

The ghost pig looks suspiciously like a yorkshire if I remember correctly from my days as a farm boy, we had a neighbor with one that went about 700 pounds, so big he had to be limited to breeding older sows, the younger smaller ones would have been crushed. I wish I knew then he was a potential world record.

Fifteen shots by Mr. Lawyer and the pig is still running strong, perhaps he needs a little practice shooting?

The lawyer is a good idea on guide boys part, makes the lawyer a party to the fraud.

Did you all hear the reference to the gate they had to go through, free range pet pigs behind a fence, not exactly eligible for any record other than the kind one gets from a court of law.

Elmer Keith. Enough said.

Posts: 40 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 06 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Too old to breed, too big to feed, and too tame to call it hunting.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And here I thought I could not dislike lawyers more than I already do. Mad

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Whew, what a hunt! Did you see that determined charge after the kid shot it? Bone chilling, the way it semi-jogged 5 feet in their direction after getting shot, wasn't it? Those men should be damned proud of their accomplishment! So, when does the tossing the bag of kittens in the creek episode air?

"When I saw him hit them break lights, I knowed sumptin' was afoot!" knife

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
Whew, what a hunt! Did you see that determined charge after the kid shot it? Bone chilling, the way it semi-jogged 5 feet in their direction after getting shot, wasn't it? Those men should be damned proud of their accomplishment! So, when does the tossing the bag of kittens in the creek episode air?

"When I saw him hit them break lights, I knowed sumptin' was afoot!" knife

LOL! You crack me up! You are so right. dancing

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kamo Gari,

They don't drown the kittens, they feed them to the "wild hogs" so they have a taste for meat and will go into a blood lust fury at the very sight of a hunter, er shooter, ah jackass?

Elmer Keith. Enough said.

Posts: 40 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 06 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, the anti-hunting/PETA types sometimes do have a leg to stand on. This video proves it. And gives the antis ammo.

So, if I turn my chickens loose in the backyard and shoot them with the shotgun, am I hunting?

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess it all depends on who's television show you're on!

One of Us
Picture of Weathered
posted Hide Post
Private land ? if it is I guess it is just a matter of different strokes no different than shooting cattle in a stall.

Does anyone else suspect that the grinders on that hogs jaw have been removed/destroyed a few years ago by someone to allow the tusk to grow into its jaw as it did. If someone did that to create some sort of record they are sick.

Just saw the second video ... shakes head and walks away .....

While we are discussing bullshit vids here is another from New Zealand put up on youtube.
Trophy Chamois Shot In Paddock On Farm

The trophy chamois taken in this video was caught by a helicopter in the mountains and dropped into an enclosed field for this video. The whole vid is BS like a lot of SCI "trophies"

Posts: 250 | Location: Arrowtown | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weathered:

The trophy chamois taken in this video was caught by a helicopter in the mountains and dropped into an enclosed field for this video. The whole vid is BS like a lot of SCI "trophies"

I'm curious, do you know this to be first hand and true or is it something that you heard from a friend who's brother-in-law heard it from a guy at work who's father's buddy knows it to be a fact!

The reason I ask is that I've heard "facts" that were nowhere close to what actually happened. Then again, I've heard the exact opposite.

So now if I hear something, unless it's first-hand information, I discount most.

I fair-chase hunted and shot a nice whitetail in a farmer's pasture, but by the time the story made the rounds, it turned out I shot it in a pen!

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weathered:

Does anyone else suspect that the grinders on that hogs jaw have been removed/destroyed a few years ago by someone to allow the tusk to grow into its jaw as it did. If someone did that to create some sort of record they are sick.

weathered, the grinders may still be there, but on an occasional hog, the cutters will slip behind the grinders instead of in front of them the dentist would call it "poor occlusion". Wink This pict is of a hog I killed years ago whose cutters missed his grinders:

But on second thought, you could be correct, as the grinders on the video hog are either very small or gone.

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

One of Us
Picture of Weathered
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shof:
I'm curious, do you know this to be first hand and true or is it something that you heard from a friend who's brother-in-law heard it from a guy at work who's father's buddy knows it to be a fact!

The reason I ask is that I've heard "facts" that were nowhere close to what actually happened. Then again, I've heard the exact opposite.

So now if I hear something, unless it's first-hand information, I discount most.

I fair-chase hunted and shot a nice whitetail in a farmer's pasture, but by the time the story made the rounds, it turned out I shot it in a pen!

No problem about shooting on private land or pasture especailly large tracts some of that hunting is as tricky as hunting in the wild.

I live locally to this farm, I know the farm and the backround to the video. I know outfitters have captured from the wild and released chamois into enclosures on this farm. With the correct permits it is entirely legal to catch a wild chamois and put it in the paddock to be shot. I have confirmed the location of the paddocks in the video with my friend he is related to the owners family he also has identified that paddock the chamois was shot in. He has shot hares there.
If the chamois walked into that paddock he had to leave the mountain and jump through 6 or 7 seperate fences and go past the homestead depending on the route he took.
It is good to ask questions though, I can answer to scrutiny can the hunter in that video do the same ?

Posts: 250 | Location: Arrowtown | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These videos are simply amazing! How in the world can grown men act so blatantly assinine?

White ghost my ass, things have sunk to a new low.

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bucko:
These videos are simply amazing! How in the world can grown men act so blatantly assinine?

White ghost my ass, things have sunk to a new low.

It's called ignorance -- on the part of the hunter. Some "outfitters" will draw in folks like that lawyer who just doesn't know better. I'll bet the big-game lawyer payed a pretty penny for the "privilege" of wacking a domestic pig.

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
pathetic.

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If we tried to pull that crap we would be out of business in no time.

"cutters" my ass! That hog looked about as dangerous as a lab on prozac.

I have a really exciting angus or herford hunt just like this if anyone is interested holycow !! If you are really in the mood for some danger we might be able to get a legless hog. Watch out.. He can scoot!

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die

"Men don't change. The only thing that should surprise a man in his life is the history he doesn't know." Harry Truman

Posts: 451 | Location: West Coast of Florida | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just as a side note guy's Kiwi hunters are trying to prevent a particularly unethical practice from becomeing legal in our country.
Theres a petition you can sign at the link provided if you agree with us.

http://www.gopetition.com/peti...icopter-hunting.html

Thanks in advance
SP

Posts: 4605 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AB Joint Outfitters:

"cutters" my ass! That hog looked about as dangerous as a lab on prozac.

Nice! Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were almost assuredly turn out from the pig pen.

We have a ton of wild hogs here. While one can frequently stalk then, it is damn near impossible to nonchalantly walk up to them with little regard for cover or noise.

The one thing I will defend them on is the teeth. I have probably seen 20 wild hogs over the years with abnormal teeth for one reason or another. It can be caused by many things from abnormalities to broken teeth not touching. It is entirely possible.

I once saw a hippo the same way.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote