THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where are the biggest hogs in the world.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just askin.
If a person wanted to go after the biggest hogs where would they be. Average biggest, and individual biggest.
Thanks.

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd say Iowa or Nebraska, but Ohio might be a contender...... Big Grin

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've read that in Romania the biggest keilers can weigh up to 300 kg, probably the heaviest/biggest. I'm talking about real boars, not pigs.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Very few real wild feral hogs or eurasian boars weigh more than 300-350 pounds, because they must "root-hog or die". If they are penned and fed for years before release, they can reach much larger sizes. The largest wild hogs should exist where the food is best in winter, and the summer parasites are least. Year-round deer feeders can also lead to big hogs. The 600 lb plus hogs that are occasionally killed are barn-yard hogs released for the "Hunter".

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote