Find
Notify
Tools

Central Africa New Areas Report
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted
I was not sure where to post this as this is not a discounted hunt offer and it is not a personal hunt report. This is about a new destination report that I believe to be one of the most exciting options today for hunters to consider. I have done my homework and have been sitting on the side lines watching these two areas for the last year and believe that now is the prime opportunity for those looking for a TRUE remote adventure. Clients have hunted the areas this year and all have raved about it on their return, and most are planning on returning. I have joined with Central African Wildlife Adventures in C.A.R where they were given areas 40 & 41 on the Kocho River and Chinko area. Erik & Emelie Mararv are the owners and very young and energetic. This was the first real year that hunting occurred with clients and what a year it was. I will dare say that these two areas are probably the most remote areas in ALL of Africa right now. The closest village or human is 250 km away which would be a 10 day walk, meaning that these areas have NO poaching what so ever and have never been hunted before by any outfitter at least for the last 30 years.
The special thing about these areas is that all of the Savannah & Forest species occur in the same place making this a hunters paradise for the Western species. The trophy quality is outstanding and the accommodations are some of the best in all of West Africa and especially for how remote the areas are. You will not find any poacher snares or any main roads at all, this is the purest of Africa.

I will not go into the details of everything, but for those of you looking for something different and have been trying to find a true remote adventure, then here is your destination to consider. Just contact me by e-mail or phone, and will be happy to give you all the details and more pictures for you to look over. We have priced the hunts fair and for what you get, the special animals you can hunt, and the quality of the entire operation I highly recommend this option.

Here are a few pictures from trophies taken this year to wet your lips. Contact me if you would like to see more. Thanks to the permission from CAWA and clients I am able to show you some pictures.

Animals in the area to be hunted are Giant Eland, Bongo, Roan, Lion, Leopard, Giant Forest Hog, Red River Hog, Hartebeest, Buffalo, Red Flanked Duiker, Blue Duiker, Yellow Back, Harnessed Bushbuck, Sing Sing Waterbuck, Oribi, Duiker, Common Duiker. New area being opened this year will also provide Sitatunga.

Dining area
[URL=

Bar in main camp
[URL=

Lunch
[URL=

Area
[URL=

Bedroom & Chalet
[URL=

36" Bongo and should be new #2
[URL=

56" Giant Eland and should be new #3
[URL=

38" Buffalo and in Top 10
[URL=

29" Roan
[URL=

29.5" Roan
[URL=

53" Giant Eland
[URL=

32" Bongo
[URL=

Old Dugga Boy
[URL=

Giant Forest Hogs
[URL=

A Brute of a Giant Forest Hog
[URL=

Big bossed Buffalo
[URL=

Bongo at a Salt Lick
[URL=

Nice 80kg Leopard (Not for US clients)
[URL=

14" Warthog
[URL=

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Those boys from Sweden seems to produce..Amazing quality !

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Adam,
Amazing and Marvelous. thumb
I may have to work a few more years to get in on that hunt.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. LD Eland still does it for me, but that Bongo. Sexy!

Seems that I remember CAWA finding this area about two or three years ago. It is truly remote and finding it was the product of many days of flying over CAR in an effort to find a pristine, untouched hunting block. Looks like the hours in the air paid off.

Adam: PM me the price list and hunt specifics, please.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Those are some fine, fine trophies Adam. Best of luck with the new area.
David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
beautiful pictures! i found the contact info for cawa at http://www.africahunting.com/h...ry/listing/cawa.html Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is an evil post CRYBABY i just shorted out my keyboard cause i drooled all over it

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will dare say that these two areas are probably the most remote areas in ALL of Africa right now. The closest village or human is 250 km away which would be a 10 day walk, meaning that these areas have NO poaching what so ever and have never been hunted before by any outfitter at least for the last 30 years.

Wasnt this Area Rudy Lubins Hunting Block before...

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Will - have sent you an e-mail. Yes, you are correct that they got these areas allocated two years ago which they spent most of time opening up and building camps making sure it was ready for clients. This was really the first year of serious hunting in area 40. Area 41 is still being opened up and has a bright future ahead as well.

mbb - No, none of these areas were Rudy's at all. These two areas have never been hunted by another outfitter and very new to the hunting scene. I am sure Rudy wishes he had these areas, but not the case. Rudy use to hunt under Haunt Chinko.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam

I received the email on this hunt and I find it very interesting indeed. Can you lay out the status of the Sudanese poaching in the area as well as the state department concerns? Do you have a concession map that shows the 2 concessions as they sit amoung the other concessions?

Thanks

SG

One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
SG - see below the two maps for you to get an idea of the areas. Maps don't show what the other hunting areas are, and mainly showing you these two particular areas 40 & 41. I am waiting on some GPS numbers and will then be able to have it on Google Earth as well, but these will give you a good idea.

[URL=

[URL=

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing beats unchartered territories! Congratulations to all involved and good luck to those that will venture to explore beer

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam,

Thank you.

SG

One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
I've been researching a LDE and bongo hunt for a while (going to be a few years out in this economy) and I've been really looking at CAWA. saw them mentioned in a post by Camshaft.

Was disappointed that they didn't have a US booking agency. Now I'm getting really excited.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with these guys several months ago. What a blast! Lots and lots of game. Took a 50" LDE and a huge giant forest hog. My PH was Erik who is also the owner. He runs a very good camp.
If you're a duiker plinker than this is definitely the place to go. Tons of them.
Someone asked about poachers and I never saw any signs of that type of activity. Never even remotely felt threatened (now the airport is another story - wow!).
Had such a good time that I'm trying to get my finances together and go again.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Giant forest hog is on my top two list! Man I want one of those bad..

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
This is the "haut Chinko" of lore, opened in the sixties by Daniel Henriot, Rudi Lubin and bongo man, still operating in CAR, whose name I can't remember.
They all worked one year long to open a road through this wilderness. It was a trophy elephant paradise.
Eventually they had to scramble away under the pressure of Sudanese rebels-poachers.
For what I know, now the area North of this territory was alloted to "Doli" (elephant) association for protecting elephant and fighting the Sudaneses. There should be some foreign legion outposts there to help.
Anyhow the pictures show fabulous trophies and this area is rising again, no doubt.

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam
Area 40 http://cawasafari.com/The%20Area.htm is Rudys ex hunting area.

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas