THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Congratulations to Luan for a new world record! with pic

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congratulations to Luan for a new world record! with pic
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
Folks

Just to let you know that Luan called me this morning and told me he took a waterbuck yesterday that measures 40 inches RW & 94 with SCI. Which will be a new world record. thumb

I'm going to meet up with him at Lifeform Taxidermy tomorrow and will photograph it there and post better pics.

It's a helluva animal though.

One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Holly smokes that thing is big!!!!!!!! Where was it taken?

Mike

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 686 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Report - Report- report
Details please!
Wow!

Posts: 10164 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I don't want to steal Luan's thunder, so I'll let him post the story tomorrow(?).

I will say that he told me it wasn't the biggest one he saw in the area though!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Luan
Congrats Boet
That is an awesome waterbuck.
Steve, looking forward to those pics and thanks for posting
Cheers
Ian

Posts: 423 | Location: Natal - South Africa | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted Hide Post
Awesome Boet ! Well done dancing

Posts: 277 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Whoa... looking forward to seeing the monster!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7531 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
From what I have heard he should guard it carefully- I have heard that these monster horns have a way of "disappearing"at the taxidermist- though I know Life Form is top flight and they did most of my taxidermy........

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
I don't want to steal Luan's thunder, so I'll let him post the story tomorrow(?).

I wonder what the biggest one looks like. There must be some sort of "celebrity" feeling that goes along with taking the N°1 in the world and I suppose the PH can justly bask in the limelight as well. Hell, my 29 inch waterbuck just made it into Rowland Ward and it gives me a warm feeling. Congratulations to all who made it possible for Luan.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It looks like a lechwe-waterbuck hybrid.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
That is a big waterbuck! Not very pretty (although it could be the camera angle), but what huge horns!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow that is huge! Quite a trophy. Congratulations. I agree not the prettiest but what a monster. It seems to me that most times I see a really huge animal that is high in the records they are not the usuall symmetry.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an exceptional animal! Well done guys, Steve we need a better silhouetted pic showing the horns better

Posts: 256 | Location: Africa | Registered: 26 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Incredible! Can't wait to see better pics.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous. So big it looks fake. What was the old record?

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
What a freakin' stud!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
So, a new claimant for possessing the World's Biggest RingButt.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Heck of a waterbuck. Damn!!

Mike

Posts: 21222 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Folks

Thanks for everyones congratulations it feels actually good and sad in a certain way to take such a beaty.

Lets start with the story,Three weeks ago a very close friend of us had two very big heart attacks and was in icu and heart surgery for a two weeks.So on wednesday we decided to abduct him and go have a few beers and a barbque at a friends place in hoedspruit area.

The same friend promised me a waterbuck and so we decided the afternoon to go and have a quick drive around his farm.We saw a few cows and about 5 bulls a few good ones from 25 to 32 inches but nothing spectacular.Must say this outing was more for a friend to recover and get out of his house not for hunting.Then we saw a WATERBUCK me and my brother we got out and start stalking it.After about an hour it gave us the disappearing act and we decided to go back and go home on our walk back to the vehicle this bull stepped out and (kicking myself)told my brother to shoot the bull at about 80 yards facing us must say his 7*57 mauser did a great job.I saw it was big but NOT that big and it wasnt the first big bull we where chasing,so we still in a argument if this one or the other one the biggest!!!!

Must say we enjoyed a few very good brandies and laughter and backslapping.Our sickfriend tried to help us load the bull and we had our handsfull to calm him (not a good idea for a guy after a open heart surgery) had to say was glad for my brother and sad for me but it was great guyss.

Phoned my friend told him the good news and thanked him for everything and as a good frien he said Luan remember your bull are still waiting.

So guys watch the space maybe i can get the other bull and who wants to join me??

Thank you everyone and Steve will post better photos his on his way with a master measurer to go and measure the bull right now.

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
A better pic for now but Luan't brother is going to email me some better ones that were taken in the bush. I'll post 'em as soon as I get 'em.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
those are skew gemsbuck horns that have been cut off and stuck on the waterbuck. clap

Well done!!!!!!

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Yeah WOW!!!!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful story behind this monster. I am even happier it was this way instead of a visiting hunters paying to shoot it. Not that anything is worng with that but a truely SA trophy taken by South Africans just out having fun as it should be!
beer

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
WOW!
Good thing it wasn't taken in Texas. You would wonder if it was a longhorn cross.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by luan:

So guys watch the space maybe i can get the other bull and who wants to join me??

Luan

Me! Please let me be a driver or drink-poured, backslapper, help-to-loader or whatever job you have, just to be near when such a monster gets taken!

Congratulations to your Boet, and best of luck to you for getting the even bigger one!

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Luan,

So your friend just had two heart attacks and open heart surgery, so you take him out for beer and barbi-q and then make him load your animal in the truck!!!! Some friend you are!!! Big Grin Nice waterbuck!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Brett,

If there's one thing Luan's known for it's his own inimatable style! thumb

One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:

I wonder what the biggest one looks like. There must be some sort of "celebrity" feeling that goes along with taking the N°1 in the world and I suppose the PH can justly bask in the limelight as well. Hell, my 29 inch waterbuck just made it into Rowland Ward and it gives me a warm feeling. Congratulations to all who made it possible for Luan.

He is the ph and outfitter WELL DONE MATE

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
That waterbuck will look awesome next to the 65" kudu jumping

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amazing Waterbuck ... Congratulations, indeed!!!!!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone

Thanks again for your replies im trying to get the photos onto my computer and will sent it to steve when ready.

Brett he got a young beautifull wife and good insurance so he must work his way around.

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote