THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Live! Report From Mahenge North, Tanzania
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Live! Report From Mahenge North, Tanzania
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Tonight we are having buffalo steaks, cooked right here on the fire in front of me as I write this.

Dear Saeed,

I am sincerely envying you for the fantastic experiences you are able to enjoy in the company of good friends. Great hunting, great outdoors and great friends - I always feel that it does not get any better than this.

Enjoy every minute of it,

elwood.

Posts: 337 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Razzer I can smell those steaks!

bawling But I can't taste them.

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, I"M all up for starting a pool right here and right now. How many Buff will Saeed and him companieros take!
The first correct guess will get.....
A copy of "The Perfect Shot: Mini edition for Africa"
I'll think about it and post it later.
Now for anyone who may already know what they have on license go ahead and cheat it may add to the anticipation for later on.
I am counting on you all to help me identify the winning guess.
Frank

It dawned on me that I should ask permission of Saeed before doing this. I have sent him a PM and hopefully he will go along.Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
...right here on the fire in front of me as I write this.

Ain't technology grand? Thank you for putting it to such good use on our behalf!

The world wants to see a picture of the half-moon eye.

FBB

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Frank,

fifteen Buff between them?

Saeed, good luck getting Walter a Buff. Out of curiosity are buffalo skin rugs available as they are with the Zebra??? Perhaps he needs to do the lesser known buffalo dance at sunrise of the day he wants to shoot one....

Good luck,

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

I will guess 12 buff among the party, but of course I am being conservative. At the rate they are going they should hit my number by the weekend!
Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

I'll guess 14 buffalo for the party.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just received word from Saeed and the pool is on. Saeed will give me word on the winner and I will mail the book at that time.

Good luck all.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My guess is 12.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Is lucky 13 taken yet? If not, then I am in. Big Grin

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
16 - nyati/mbogo/dugga boys

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My guess will have to be -14- MBOGO's. Which is my license plate, wow, do I get a lot of questions about what it means. Keep those shooting eyes sharp boys. wave

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 475/480
posted Hide Post
A meager 9 buff's.

Sean

Posts: 562 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I'll take 10 on the buff count.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Deafdog
posted Hide Post
My bid is 17

Regards
Deafdog

Regards
Deafdog

Deafdog@ceinternet.com.au

Posts: 260 | Location: Kyogle,Australia | Registered: 23 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13642 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Joel C
posted Hide Post

Posts: 130 | Location: Ripon, WI | Registered: 09 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I'll go with mrlexma and say 11, you have to remember that Walter is along and the video from last year would indicate the difficulty of a stalk with Walter anywhere near goes up exponetially jump

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lightning
posted Hide Post

Posts: 246 | Location: Argyle, TX | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please remember it is the first person to correctly guess the number will win.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
I'll bid 18 Buffs for them all
Wish 1 was mine Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post

Smiler

Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too am enjoying the thread. Keep em cummin.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll guess 14

Posts: 77 | Location: Hopefully out in the hills somewhere | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
By default, I guess 6.

Posts: 1238 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
You guys quit trying to horn in on 13 -- I had it first! shame

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Well I'll go with 19 then. That means they have to leave Walter in camp at least 3 days.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
20 all the other numbers are taken

"And this too shall pass."

Posts: 55 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 12 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
20 all the others are taken

"And this too shall pass."

Posts: 55 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 12 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will take 21

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We spent all morning chasing buffalo. From very long grass, to very thick bush, to very deep corongos, to extremely thick forests.

And we did not have much to show for it. The blody buffalo ran us in circles, and all we got was sore feet!

In the afternoon we thought we better try and get some more food for our liones, so we shot 2 zebra and 2 hartebeast.

The number of lionesses feeding is increasing everyday. Hopefully they will be able to get one of their boyfriends to join them.

Walter is tending the fire, as buffalo pepper steak is on the menu for dinner.

Last night we hardly slept, as the bloody hyaenas were having a party in our camp.

Walter was screaming for me to shoot them, and as one walked between my tent and his, I told him to duck, as he was shining a light at it. Of course that got him screaming and swearing "DON'T SHOOT YOU BLOODY NITWIT! THE BULLET WILL GO THROUGH AND HIT NELSON!"

I had no intention of shooting, but, thought it was a good time to stop him screaming for me to do so!

He is all set for tomorrow. He said he has been "calibrating" himself for anything that moves tomorrow!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68736 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
He said he has been "calibrating" himself for anything that moves tomorrow!

Eeker Hopefully with a rifle and not his special outfits from the past!

Good luck and we expect a picture of Walter with his buffalo!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now that may be the perfect day to rest about in camp sending only the bravest of the brave with him as witnesses. I look forward to seeing it all in the next few days' postings.
Thank you for my Africa fix for the day.
Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would wager that the hyenas get more buff than Walter.

Posts: 10370 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My entry is ....the number of people in the party x 3....figure Saeed will max out all the licenses. thumb

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The hyaenas were having a field day last night! They had the run of the camp, killing at least one warthog,
at about midnight. We could hear him squealing for a few minutes before they put an end to him.

We had another sucessful hunting day. We shot some buffalo and one waterbuck.And as we seem to have a contest on
the number of buffalo going, I won't spoil the fun. So i will only tell you about our afternoon hunt.

We came back to camp for lunch, and to get our animals to the skinners. We had buffalo chili, rice and salad for lunch.
We then left camp at 3, and drove to a burnt area where we shot a zebra the other day. As we saw quite a bit of buffalo activity there.

As we got to that area, we saw some wildebeast on the far side of the valley. We stopped to look at them, and check if there was a bull amongst them.

It was a big herd of cows and young, and following them was a herd of buffalo! We kept looking at them as they walked up the hill top.
We left the truck and went to see if we could get closer. As we got to the top of the rise, we saw the buffalo about 200 yards away in
short, burnt grass, feeding to our left. We sat there looking at them for about half an hour, as they fed, going back to the valley.
As they got back into the high grass, we sneaked to an ant hill. They were about 120 yards from us, but, there was absolutely no waw we could pick a bull,
let alone take a shot at him.
They seemed to change their mind, and turned back on their tracks feeding. We got into the thick grass, and managed to get to about 30 yards from them.
The only shot I could possible get was a head shot at onr young bull, which I almost shot, as we wanted lion bait. But, we noticed an older
bull feeding straight towards us, and as he lowered his head, I put a bullet into his neck, dropping him in his tracks. He started bellowing. The rest of the herd ran off to the right
for a few yards, and turned back to him. They were all bunched together, and no adult bull was clear enough to shoot. We ran by our downed bull and put another bullet into him,
and tried to follow the rest of the herd. They seemed to be running to the border of our block, and as it was getting late, we left them in peace, and went back to cut up our bull and take him to camp.
Ray's favorite meal is being served tonight - buffalo tail!

Ray my friend, we all wish you were here with us.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68736 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another exciting day in the bush. Thanks Saeed. How are the preparations for Walters hunt coming?
We are all looking forward to that one. Thanks for the news.
Frank

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Sounds like another great day. Please post Walter's picture with his buffalo -- we are waiting eagerly!