Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Damn..16Bore on a roll...

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
HA! VEry good JBrown...was easy, wasn't it? The format you posted it in tells me you found it the same way I did.

I am but a dwarf standing on the shoulders of a giant.
Wink

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
As much as I do not care for the tactics used by DR on this, I think this is HIGHLY inappropriate , this man has family pictures on this. Family is OFF LIMITS

quote:
So just because he finds it, he posts it? Doesn't that put Jason's ethics into question? Perhaps a PM was in order?

quote:
So were back to, if it's legal it's ok? I see.

It sucks that a mans kids are not automatically off limits

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
I found his website the same way guys but reading the home page it appears he made this for his friends to view. Sure, it's out there for all to find and see but really, he has his family identified there. They are not participating in this discussion and probably are unaware of this fracas.

Personally, I would like to see the link to his site removed as I don't think it is fair to his family.

quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:

+1

Well we have to assume the photo of the lion really belongs to Dawn Roar(who knows...)

So yeah, yeah, yeah, family is off limits. The problem is I didn't post anything about this guy's family, HE DID!

All I did was google the info in the lion photo in his signature line. He is the one who posted photos and info about his children on the web for all to see. This was not a private email to friends and family, it is a web page on the WORLD WIDE WEB! It is there for anyone to see.

He has his family's info listed right there next to his hunting trophies.

I would think a guy with all of these honors and accomplisments would be intellegent enough to keep private all that he wants to keep private:

quote:
Honors and Awards:
AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell
2007 Texas Super Lawyer
Advocate on the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)

Professional Associations and Memberships:
State Bar of Texas

Houston Bar Association

Texas Bar Association

Defense Research Institute

American Association of Trial Lawyers

Trucking Industry Defense Association

Maybe you guys think he is just not savvy enough to know about privacy and the web?

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Whatever you think is the right thing to do Jason.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
ANYTHING you put on the Internet is accessible to EVERYONE!

Jason has not anything wrong.

Jason was not the person putting this man's family pictures on the Internet.

HE did it himself.

You cannot be anonymous on the Internet.

How many times have we had individuals posting here, even using proxy servers to log in from different locations and different countries. We still found out who they are.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

HE did it himself.

How many times have we had individuals posting here, even using proxy servers to log in from different locations and different countries. We still found out who they are.

Just like AG didn't do anything wrong by bribing the game scout. His PH made him do it. It wasn't his first guided big game hunt but it was his first trip to Africa so he didn't know any better. EVERYONE does it!

At what point do people follow what their conscience tells them is the right thing to do instead of just accepting that since it's possible, it's OK?

You're right Saeed. Jason hasn't done anything wrong by providing the link. It's quite alright.

I'm done with this particular thread and subject as I shouldn't have participated anyway. I don't have a dog in this fight.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
And I am sure that you guys are sick of hearing it, but I think that it is chicken shit that so many of us hide behind our screen names. Yes, I do understand why so many do it, but it is chicken shit none the less.

If you google my name you will find out all of my family info.

Oh shoot! Did I just say that? I better lock the doors, put the house up for sale and change my name(and my family members names).

Nah, I'd rather follow Ted Nugent's lead. "Here I am. Come and get me."

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

Chester?

No, this is dawn roar's website, I beleive..

As much as I do not care for the tactics used by DR on this, I think this is HIGHLY inappropriate , this man has family pictures on this. Family is OFF LIMITS

+1 Please remove the website guys. There's no point to it and it's classless.

Brett

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

HE did it himself.

Just like AG didn't do anything wrong by bribing the game scout. His PH made him do it. It wasn't his first guided big game hunt but it was his first trip to Africa so he didn't know any better. EVERYONE does it!

At what point do people follow what their conscience tells them is the right thing to do instead of just accepting that since it's possible, it's OK?

You're right Saeed. Jason hasn't done anything wrong by providing the link. It's quite alright.

I'm done with this particular thread and subject as I shouldn't have participated anyway. I don't have a dog in this fight.

Todd,

Are you seriously comparing what Allgone has done by following the instructions of his PH, which is a patently illegal act, with Jason putting a link to a website on the Net?

If anyone want to remain anonymous, he better stay away from the Internet.

And with the new IP6, each person gets his very own IP address, no matter where he goes, it goes with him.

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer

Brett

Brett

Brett
If he has a problem with the website showing too much information he can take it down himself, or he can ask me to remove the link.

Just to clairify my stance on the "internet handle" thing: I have no problem with guys like frostbit, kablewy, M1tanker,and others using a handle(although I would rather we all used our names) but I do have a problem with people hiding behind their handle while hinting about their "real" identity. A perfect example of this is DawnRoar's "Well, if you really knew who I am.... Well, let's just say that I am a pretty big deal."

I think that it is time that we all step-up and use our real names and stop hiding like scared little girls.

Jason Brown

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Well, if you really knew who I am....."

Yes as in "if you really knew me as a person" not "you can't figure out who I am". He gave us enough clues to his identity that he led anyone willing to search right to him. Not exactly hiding even if he is flying low on the radar.

.........and stop hiding like scared little girls.

Yes childern let's take down the website. No class or point in it.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JBrown:
"Well, if you really knew who I am....."

Yes as in "if you really knew me as a person" not "you can't figure out who I am". He gave us enough clues to his identity that he led anyone willing to search right to him. Not exactly hiding even if he is flying low on the radar.

.Brett[/color]

Well Brett if he led us right to his identity and website, why is it wrong for me to post a link? Especially when someone is guessing that he is some other person(chester)?

quote:
.........and stop hiding like scared little girls.

Yes childern let's take down the website. No class or point in it.

And not to start an argument, but you quoted me out of context. I don't mind most people using internet handles, but I feel that some people are hiding behind them. I believe it would benefit us all if we collectively "grew a pair" and posted under our our names.

To be clear:
quote:
I think that it is time that we all step-up and use our real names and stop hiding like scared little girls.

Jason Brown

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

HE did it himself.

quote:

So, just to be clear Saeed, anything I can find legally on the internet about any of your individual members is fair game? Home address, phone number, medical conditions of self and loved ones, criminal records, social security numbers, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, etc. etc.

I do remember this subject recently coming up on the ARPF, a member threatened to post the facebook page of one of our benevolent moderators favorite liberal members. He was quickly dared to do it under threat of expulsion if he did. I find it telling that something that is "off limits" in the crater is fair game in the African Big Game Hunting forum. Roll Eyes

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Where has anyone posted PRIVATE information about DawnRoar?

All Jason did was put a link to DawnRoar's own website!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's right Saeed, that's "all" he did. It was put there for personal friends and since my web provider did not have much in way of ftp login at the time it was public.Never thought some juvenile turd would take the time to link it to a hunting site. My fault and you know what? Maybe not being anonymous might help this cesspool of people you have here because it would require people to behave a little differently when they can't just hide behind a keyboard. I go to the trouble of outlining my positions and responses to criticism with great factual detail. Out of the next 2 pages of responses there are maybe two legitimate thoughts by posters and the rest are personal attacks. Congrats on proving exactly my point about this place.
I have taken down the site and you know what? I agree it probably wasn't smart to have it up and unlike the rest of you I will take personal responsibility.

Kalahari Lion (Bots 07)

Posts: 101 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DawnRoar:
quote:

That's right Saeed, that's "all" he did. It was put there for personal friends and since my web provider did not have much in way of ftp login at the time it was public.Never thought some juvenile turd would take the time to link it to a hunting site. My fault and you know what? Maybe not being anonymous might help this cesspool of people you have here because it would require people to behave a little differently when they can't just hide behind a keyboard. I go to the trouble of outlining my positions and responses to criticism with great factual detail. Out of the next 2 pages of responses there are maybe two legitimate thoughts by posters and the rest are personal attacks. Congrats on proving exactly my point about this place.

I really have no idea why you even bother with coming here as you seem to hate it so much.

You cannot even keep your word.

As on several occasions you have stated that was the last we would hear from you, while you persist on coming back.

You really need to go and say sorry to Adam. He is paying you, and all you have done by sticking your nose here is make his situation so much worse.

He has tried to salvage something out of this disaster, and he is doing a great job.

You, on the other hand, seem so impressed with your own expertise, just because you have inside knowledge from him, and keep trying to mess him up!

All Jason has done is put a link your PUBLICLY accessible site here.

He did not hack into your private affairs and post the details.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I really have no idea why you even bother with coming here as you seem to hate it so much.

As on several occasions you have stated that was the last we would hear from you, while you persist on coming back.

You really need to go and say sorry to Adam. He is paying you, and all you have done by sticking your nose here is make his situation so much worse.

He has tried to salvage something out of this disaster, and he is doing a great job.

You, on the other hand, seem so impressed with your own expertise, just because you have inside knowledge from him, and keep trying to mess him up!

If you notice it is only you that I have responded to and no one else. It is entertaining to watch you get direct questions, spew unrelated matters out and avoid the questions(as you did Aaron in another thread). I am leaning about your ethics. You should look up the word "moderator" and see what your job is. Either that or take it away from your name because you are nothing close to a moderator or you would not allow the pure crap that goes on here.

Kalahari Lion (Bots 07)

Posts: 101 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you notice it is only you that I have responded to and no one else. It is entertaining to watch you get direct questions, spew unrelated matters out and avoid the questions(as you did Aaron in another thread). I am leaning about your ethics. You should look up the word "moderator" and see what your job is. Either that or take it away from your name because you are nothing close to a moderator or you would not allow the pure crap that goes on here.

My, my, my...don't get your panties in a twist cowgirl. Why don't you go out and chase an ambulance to make yourself feel better.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am certain Aaron does NOT want you to try defending him - he is more than capable of doing it himself.

Just imagine, you are not satisfied with all the damage you have caused Adam, now you want to get Aaron involved.

PH like Tim Lambrech who give PH a bad name.

Lawyers like DawnRoar what give lawyers a bad name. rotflmo

"...Have the last say all of you Internet warriors. You don’t know me because if you did you would never question my skills as a lawyer. I have achieved spectacular results for clients throughout the United States in high profile cases and hold some of the highest honors an attorney can achieve..."

I don't think many here are impressed with your self proclaimed achievements!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
http://rdonato.com/

DRR: He created the website and offered all the details to the public - a result of egotism
perhaps?

You think? This guy's ego is beyond ridiculous. "Check out my lion hunt..."

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

To Paraphrase George Orwell--

Some animals are more equal than others:

Saeed is not JUST a moderator. he is the owner and operatour of the website. His opinions on standards and practices have much more weight than others.

BTW I am in complete agreement with Saeeds comments vis-a-vis you , Dawn Roar.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dawn Roar, I think there is one point you may be missing. Because this is a public forum and not a court room, everyone is equal. It does not matter that you are an acclaimed attorney, Saeed is part of a monarchy, joe soap is a cowboy or Adam Clement is the proprietor of a substantial safari business. Nobody cares. This is both to the benefit and to the detriment of an internet forum. Everybody can have their say and voice an opinion. He who has the most status or money has to line up with everybody else. I strongly disagree with some comments I see here and can't believe the childish insults that are thrown (I see you too have stooped to the level by using the description of "juvenile turd") yet overall AR provides a valuable service to the hunting community FREE OF CHARGE. You rose to the defence of Clements unbidden but are irritated by those who rise to the defence of Saeed et al. I'm sure during your career there may be cases where, in spite of a compelling argument and a solid set of facts, the case went against you. I would encourage you to see the debate on AR in the same vein. The more you offer your credentials as an attorney of repute the more you will be inviting criticism from your detractors. Unfortunately, your profession is not seen as an "honourable" one in the eyes of the general public. Putting "lawyer" and "ethics" together on the same thread may have just added fuel to the fire? Wink
Nevertheless your participation in AR is more valuable than your absence. Maybe pick your fights in future with a little more caution.

JCHB

Posts: 423 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

I guess it depends on what this site and it's moderators consider "private". Perhaps you should visit this site:
public information
You would be amazed what is considered "public information", are you stating that as long as it is accessable, we can post it?

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCHB:
Dawn Roar, I think there is one point you may be missing. Because this is a public forum and not a court room, everyone is equal. It does not matter that you are an acclaimed attorney, Saeed is part of a monarchy, joe soap is a cowboy or Adam Clement is the proprietor of a substantial safari business. Nobody cares. This is both to the benefit and to the detriment of an internet forum. Everybody can have their say and voice an opinion. He who has the most status or money has to line up with everybody else. I strongly disagree with some comments I see here and can't believe the childish insults that are thrown (I see you too have stooped to the level by using the description of "juvenile turd") yet overall AR provides a valuable service to the hunting community FREE OF CHARGE. You rose to the defence of Clements unbidden but are irritated by those who rise to the defence of Saeed et al. I'm sure during your career there may be cases where, in spite of a compelling argument and a solid set of facts, the case went against you. I would encourage you to see the debate on AR in the same vein. The more you offer your credentials as an attorney of repute the more you will be inviting criticism from your detractors. Unfortunately, your profession is not seen as an "honourable" one in the eyes of the general public. Putting "lawyer" and "ethics" together on the same thread may have just added fuel to the fire? Wink
Nevertheless your participation in AR is more valuable than your absence. Maybe pick your fights in future with a little more caution.

JCHB

And there is the flipside to the the childish insults etc on AR. Well said JCHB.

Dawnroar, you have double standards - one for yourself and one for the rest of AR. Practice what you preach. I had a couple of fairly heated debates with Saeed and Don Heath when I was a newcomer on AR, about, wait for it, buffalo hunting!! Imagine that - Don Heath and Saeed vs a way out of his depth Hulme. No mob came after me, everyone had their say and life went on. I think the rules on AR are about as fair as they get, those who are lynched usually put effort into achieving just that. AR does a fantastic job exposing all the rot in hunting, and it is a great advertising medium for those who do things right.

You are not better than anyone else here, come and join us down on AR level and enjoy the many positives the site has to offer. There's a decent chap. Time and a place to spout off about one's achievements, I would think...

Now I suggest all of you involved in this fiasco - AllGone, the Clements clan (with you Dawnroar), Wayne and Tim and the gamescout - try to make yourselves feel a little better by going to the Jimmy campaign thread and putting some of the money from that shameful hunt into the Save conservancy, where they are trying not to shoot baby animals.

Good day

David Hulme loves AR holycow

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

HE did it himself.

Todd,

Are you seriously comparing what Allgone has done by following the instructions of his PH, which is a patently illegal act, with Jason putting a link to a website on the Net?

And with the new IP6, each person gets his very own IP address, no matter where he goes, it goes with him.

No Saeed, I'm not EQUATING the posting of the link to the bribe. I knew it would be interpreted that way and in the early morning hours when I wrote it, I didn't think thru my words.

What I'm saying is there are ways of conducting oneself that show integrity, class, and respect for others. Something I have been guilty of violating myself. Bottom line is that I was asking the poster to reflect on his actions of placing the link on the forum, to make sure he still wants to go that direction, absent being caught up in the excitement of the argument.

DR left himself exposed by putting up his website without privacy protections. Does that justify exploitation especially when it concerns family members who are not part of this discussion? If your neighbor leaves his door unlocked, does it justify entry into his home just because it's possible?

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer

Brett

Brett

Brett
If he has a problem with the website showing too much information he can take it down himself, or he can ask me to remove the link.

Just to clairify my stance on the "internet handle" thing: I have no problem with guys like frostbit , kablewy, M1tanker,and others using a handle(although I would rather we all used our names) but I do have a problem with people hiding behind their handle while hinting about their "real" identity. A perfect example of this is DawnRoar's "Well, if you really knew who I am.... Well, let's just say that I am a pretty big deal."

Jason Brown

Jason,

I have posted my name on this forum multiple times. In case you missed it it's Jim Wojciehowski.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now I suggest all of you involved in this fiasco - AllGone, the Clements clan (with you Dawnroar), Wayne and Tim and the gamescout - try to make yourselves feel a little better by going to the Jimmy campaign thread and putting some of the money from that shameful hunt into the Save conservancy, where they are trying not to shoot baby animals.

Good day

David Hulme loves AR

rotflmo David, you missed your calling in high pressure sales.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Never thought some juvenile turd would take the time to link it to a hunting site.

DawnRoar
I really thought it reflected poorly on AllGone when he started the name calling garbage. I didn't blame you for taking exception to it.

And now you turn around and start name calling yourself. That is ridiculous. Is that how you conduct yourself in your everyday life?

I do want to apologize to you for posting the link to your website. I had no idea that it would upset you, as I figured that you posted it there on the world wide web because you wanted people to see it.

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
DR left himself exposed by putting up his website without privacy protections. Does that justify exploitation especially when it concerns family members who are not part of this discussion? If your neighbor leaves his door unlocked, does it justify entry into his home just because it's possible?

Todd,

That would be trespassing; therefore illegal. This is an entirely different thing. First off, no one has said a damn thing about his family, personally, professionally or otherwise. The whole point of this is that DR chose to up the ante by throwing up his (until then) unknown professional achievements as some sort of clout in this argument and stated that if we knew who he was we would not question his skills as a lawyer, yet he made no attempt to offer examples. DR chose this route, not JBrown. JBrown simply used a little bit of creativity to find out who DR was. To be plain about it: DR bragged about the bulge in his pants; JBrown yanked them down for all to see.

What we see is ego. And this, plain and simple, is where ego gets you. It also shows ignorance and a decided lack of foresight. A while back I suggested to DR that he remove the old caption to the picture of his great lion, a caption that used to read something to the effect of: The last of the great Kalahari Lions. I made that suggestions because it was on a thread that was likely being watched by anti-hunting folks and by DR stating 'the last' simply opens up a can of worms, leaps and bounds greater than this. It wasn't magnanimous of me, I just though it was plain stupid to say something that could be so easily misconstrued by one's enemies. Of course DR's lion wasn't the last, but, in my opinion, he was right to change it. WHen you think about the serial bad decisions of DR it's quite surprising. In fact, DR would be better served to get a god-awful facebook account for his personal stuff; their security, as lax as it may be, is leaps and bounds above his old site, which has none. Also, DR apparently missed the recent post of a gov't official (who posts here) who is being pilloried by anti-hunters and having his address, wife's and kid's name posted for all to see. We see nothing of the sort on this site, no names, no addresses nothing else besides a pulling back the curtain on the great and powerful DR. There are also no threats implied or suggested. It's not about that. In this case, it's about puffing up one's chest and when one takes a poke, being surprised it happened. What happens because of the poke is the fault of the one who asked for it. One would think the ethics of a lawyer would preclude such bragging and taunting but alas we find just the opposite.

BY the way, my website is www.baxterbyrd.com. Please stop by and order a book. And if you decide in your anger to google my name, yes I did a testimonial for Kent shotgun shells, not I do not own a trucking company, yes, I wrote an article on the Mau Mau, no I did not die of AIDS in 1986, oh, and the facebook account you may see is not mine.

On a different note, I don't mind the fake names etc on these sites. But if you take the route to use your personal achievements as some sort of ammo without providing details you are a fool. If any one of us bragged about shooting a hundred pounder and used it as the basis of an argument, the rest of us would say "put up, or shut up." This is the same thing because DR has been touting his lawyerly skills and decisions.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
Jason,

I have posted my name on this forum multiple times.

Frostbit
I didn't mean to drag you name into this. I just threw out the handles of the first three honorable members that came to mind.

I don't have a problem with members using handles.

What I do have a problem with are the members who hide behind their handle when it suits them, then drop hints about how important they are in real life.

Kinda like DawnRoar did here:
quote:

Have the last say all of you Internet warriors. You don’t know me because if you did you would never question my skills as a lawyer. I have achieved spectacular results for clients throughout the United States in high profile cases and hold some of the highest honors an attorney can achieve.

Jason

-Jason Brown

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:

One would think the ethics of a lawyer would preclude such bragging and taunting but alas we find just the opposite.

Really? I am stunned by the number of vanity plates I see with RD JD, ABC esq, etc.

My patent lawyer has one "IP Coach"

What is it about lawyers having an overwhelming need to let everyone know they are lawyers? They even do it on this site.

As someone said, "We all put our pants on the same way."

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
As someone said, "We all put our pants on the same way."

Maybe not all of us?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wonder if those fish are legal.

GTR

Posts: 111 | Location: florida | Registered: 17 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's "Mr." 16 Bore. You'd shit if you really knew what was on my birth certificate

Posts: 1168 | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
BTW,

My question of "Chester?" was a joke.

I should have put a smiley face after it so people wouldn't take it literally.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I think everyone needs to back up, take a breath, and take a close look at some of the BS that has been posted on this.

While JBrown and I have had our differences, all he did was post a link to an INTERNET WEBSITE! That is all, each and everyone of us have done the same damn thing from time to time, and just like the rest of us, JBrown IS NOT responsible for the content of the link he posted.

I do not see anywhere in any of Jason's posts on this that he attacked in any way the family of DawnRoar.

Jason did not sety up the website for this individual, and as some of the more level headed have stated, it is the internet and there is no anonimity.

Don't believe me, get on Google and type in your real name or one of the screen names you use on any of the various forums and see what comes up.

DawnRoar took his chances just like the rest of us do by participating on these sites, because of the amount of information that can be dug up about us on the internet.

The original arguement concerned hunters ethics, and last time I checked ethics are individual in concept and while we may not agree with them, there are just as many that will not/do not agree with our concepts of ethics.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
BTW,

My question of "Chester?" was a joke.

I should have put a smiley face after it so people wouldn't take it literally.

If Ray Ray could hire him, so could DawnYawn or someone else. The point is/was - what lawyer would come onto an internet site and spout off the stuff that DawnDish or Doug Chester, Esq would if they had a real job and real clients....

Give up?

None....

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DawnRoar
I have not been long on this forum and I have not read many of your posts, but this thread and your participation in the baby elephant thread really don't give you great credit.

I am sure you have seen people "hang" themselves in court because of what they say and would be much better off if they just shut up.
Doesn't look like you have learned anything from that...

I hate to burst your bubble, but your GREAT skills as a lawyer don't impress most people.

I really hope that this thread and the baby elephant thread don't mirror your conduct and behaviour both as a professional and in private.

You for sure have not done Adam a favour taking part in the elephant baby thread.

When it comes to my opinion about the whole baby elephant hunt story, then I think that all involved come out dirty and with very little honor.
PH, outfitter, agent and hunter are all people I will never involve myself with as their hunting, business and general ethics are all questionable in my opinion.

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very well put Norwegianwoods.

One of the questions I keep asking myself, and don't recall being answered, is how did DR learn of the buffalo wounding. DR is the one who first brought it to the table, so I'm guessing AC told him and in what context? While I believe in honesty and ethics, I would have a BIG problem the a booking agent sharing my hunting information, good or bad, with a third party without my consent.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really doubt that AG bribed the game scout without the consent of the PH.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote