one of us
Picture of urdubob
posted Hide Post
I kind of like my Zombie suite. I have some pretty good company Big Grin

Midway USA sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 945 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, I don't understand why you even post here. You do yourself absolutely no favors when it comes to creating the impression that you value customer "intimacy."

If I acted like you I would be out of business in a week - because word gets around. Gee, maybe that is even more true on the internet.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I don't know the whole story here so I won't comment on it. I will say that if someone gets screwed over by an outfitter or guide service, I want to know what the customer has to say. If I have an unhappy/unsatisfied experience with a PH, guide, or outfitter you can bet not only will I not recomend him/her but I will go out of my way to recomend people not use their services. Fair is fair. If a PH does what he says he was going to do then he has filled his end of the obligation and there will no problems.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1263 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Does anyone here know why Mikeh375 was banned? I didn't see any thing in this string that would be bad enough to get him banned. Maybe it was someplace else, or in a PM to the powers that be!
I don't always agree with Mike, but that has nothing to do with this, I don't agree with a lot of people, but i don't want them banned for their opinions. He must have really pissed someone off, because being banned here is not a common thing! Confused Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Mac,
while i have no idea who mikeh375 is, mike375 is currently posting as superspeed.

quote:
Originally posted by SuperSpeed:
Mickey,

Don has you there.

mikeh375 is not Mike375

I can absolutely guranantee you of that, iron clad and encased in platinum guarantee Big Grin

Mike

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39632 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Atkinson,

In my opinion you are the most valuable asset this site has. Others may disagree but if so they would be wrong. The only beings who know my opinion are God and me. Others are entitled to their opinion just as I am mine.

That having been said, Mr. Atkinson, may I presume to offer two cents worth of advice from protege to mentor as it were? Or from grasshopper to sensei, if you like?

In my experience on these boards, as elsewhere, bullies don't like responses. Fight back; heckle the hecklers. As I once heard a grissled Navy Commander say, fresh after his return from running convoys with the Seabees in Iraq, "nobody wants to take an ass-whupin to give an ass-whupin'.

Mr. Atkinson, you're the alpha male on these boards and as such you can expect no end of challenges, fair or otherwise. A fair attack is to be respected; the unfair ones are best responded to inkind.

No one likes being made a fool of and will eventually back down when that begins to happen. In short, when attacked, respond with any weapon at your disposal making it as personnal as you need to. And in so doing don't feel guilty for a moment.

As Ronald Reagan put it in discussing world affairs, "...there is a profound moral difference between the use of force for conquest and the use of force for liberation." I may have mangled the quote a bit but that's the gist of it.

Our pissant discussions don't, of course, merit comparison to the issues President Reagan had to confront. However, that quote applies in this context insofar as to point out that when reasonable folks allow bullies to rule the day it creates anarchy for everyone. So bust a bully in the chops and when he comes back at you do it again. Repeat as necessary.

Good day, and good bully ass kicking.

Posts: 358 | Registered: 15 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Mac,
while i have no idea who mikeh375 is, mike375 is currently posting as superspeed.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SuperSpeed:
Mickey,

Don has you there.

mikeh375 is not Mike375

I can absolutely guranantee you of that, iron clad and encased in platinum guarantee Big Grin

Mike

Jeffe, if you look about mid way of page 2 of this string you will see the last post of Mikeh375, quoted below! I know Mikeh375 is not Mike375! beer

quote:
mikeh375
one of us
Posted 13 April 2007 06:34 Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:
Don't you all feel it just might be time to let Ray down off the cross ???

Grown up men might do that.

Silly little idiotic children won't.

quote:
And silly little idiotic children resort to name calling when the truth fails.

Maybe this is the trigger! Confused

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wismon, you either didnt read the whole sheephunter thread or have forgotten how it started. Sheephunter posted a gentlemanly hunt report, that said while they tried their best it wasnt what he'd hoped for in the outcome. For that he was jumped all over, with Ray at the top of the heap. To have the agent make remarks, then delete them when the e-mails he;d sent the client showed them to be false did not and will not set well with me. If you need a hero like Ray to look up to, thats fine, but it doesnt wash with many that remember the whole thread.

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TSJ,

Read the whole sheephunter thread?! You're a comedian extradinaire! That was a good one! The only people with enough time to read that whole thread are prisoners who've bribed the guards into letting them have internet access in their cells. Read the whole thread, indeed! Whew, that's rich!

What makes you think I am unaware of that debacle and who are you to decree who was right and wrong in that dispute? You weren't there and neither was I. Nor is it any of our business.

But I've read Mr. Atkinson's posts now for about seven years and during that time I've never know him to blow smoke. As for the other parties involved, yourself included, well, none of you have his track record.

It's just a run-of-the-mill case of pigmies shooting at a giant; that's all.

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Well, even Britney Spears still has a fan club.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I did read the whole thread. As I say Wismon, if you need a hero have at it. Just dont think everyone is going to follow suit.
My loss of respect for Ray came when he went back and deleted posts that contradicted what he was saying later in the thread.
I dont know you, nor you know me, so nothing you say is going to be offensive to me, have at it with your worshiping.

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You read the whole thread? Didn't your cellmate ever want a turn on the computer?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I booked through Ray several times and have nothing but good things to say about him.

I had booked a safari for a 2X1 Tanzania Selous buffalo hunt, and when it came within about 6 weeks of departing for the safari Ray called me. It seems there was a problem with the camp in the Selous, and it was not ready. Ray more than made up for this!

He GAVE me a FREE 10 day safari in Zimbabwe for the dates I expected to be going to the Selous. He then sent us on from the Zim hunt to Arusha at no additional expense to hunt Masailand at the Selous price.

Now, If anyone thinks Ray is not a man of his word, they have to go over me, as I am his staunchest supporter. He is my agent for my last trip ever to Africa this September, by the way.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You dont know sickum about Arkansas. There aint no Yelm county. Its Yell county and it has TWO county seats too.

PS They have some smart lawyers down there too. One of them SOB's beat me out of $5,300 over a situation at the Mt. Nebo chicken festival 21 years ago. Then my own lawyer had the nerve to charge me $2,600 for losing.

Allen, you aren't telling us that Ray was the other party in the famous "Nebo Chicken Festival of Yell County" case, are you?!?!?!

And just what occurred to run up damages of $5300 in 1986 dollars?

This sounds serious. Now if it had been the "Nebo Chicken and Cattle Festival", I'd call that a cock and bull story....
sofa

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Jim and Mickey,

No, my good friend Ray was not there but I wish he was. I could have saved some lawyer fees.

Actually it isn’t much of a story other than I was intending to make the point that if lawyer Dagget mentioned in “True Grit†was from Yell county Arkansas he should not be taken lightly.

I thought everybody knew about the Mt. Nebo chicken fry. They say its for chickin, pickin and politicin. (pickin is music - for those of you who don’t get out much)

Bill Clinton was a regular there in those days - as were and still are most other Arkansas politicians. I don’t know if Bill participated in the contests like the “Mens Lovely Legs contest†or the “Chicken Callin contest†but I know he would have stood a great chance at the “Little Mr. Rooster contest†if he was of a mind to enter.

As to my own calamity, the Dardanelle Chamber of Commerce owed me that money. They were a little short of money but were not short of ideas.

They convinced a local car dealer in Russelville to sell them a new Razorback red Mercury for a discount. They figured that they didn’t have $5,300 but they could find a lot of people at the chicken fry that had five dollars apiece so they set up to raffle the car. They didn’t even raise enough to pay off the car let alone have anything else left for me.

One of many points that their Yell county lawyer later made abundantly clear to me in the Dardanelle courthouse was that I consented to the raffle and was being a sport about it just like the rest of them.

I lost some money but I gained something much more valuable – a little Arkansas wisdom.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only posts I deleted were those that were less than cordial to Sheephunter because I had a moment of kindness take over. but as far as I am concerned that is all water under the bridge, I will not now or ever conceed to his demands, nor will others who have delt with him.

As to those who choose to judge me that is your perogotive, it is also my perogitive not to give a fat rats ass. If you think I'm arrogrant thats a lie, I am not, but I am one tough SOB when you jerk my line, and I resent people that will slander on the internet and squirm in person, like several of you who told me Dallas that the folks on AR misinterpeted your posts. bullshit, you were face to face with me or Pierre and your sporting blood turned to horse piss.

I am aware that some of you will never book with me, never would have to start with,so cut the crap and the threats, I can live with that.

As to those who have been my loyal friends, they know that I will always give them a fair shake and I have a long time repete clientele, I am 73 years old and chances are I will survive the hunting business until I retire, just like I have for many years, a nicety of age, I don't have to take anyones shit, maybe I have become a little arrogrant. but only to those azzholes that are less than what they claim.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well said Ray!

I think this photo was taken near Filer. Did you have anything to do with it?

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey1:
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey1:
I just heard that Mike375 has been 'suspended' for being argumentative.

Well as usual you heard wrong.

Don

Don

From an email that many people got.

quote:
The Accurate Reloading Forums Membership Information
Dear mikeh375,

The site administrators have removed your access rights:

Mike, I have been looking at your posts, most seem to be just plain argumentative......

Now Mickey is banned as well. What is going on here? We are losing our most knowledgeable members one by one......

thumbdown

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
The only posts I deleted were those that were less than cordial to Sheephunter because I had a moment of kindness take over. but as far as I am concerned that is all water under the bridge, I will not now or ever conceed to his demands, nor will others who have delt with him.

As to those who choose to judge me that is your perogotive, it is also my perogitive not to give a fat rats ass. If you think I'm arrogrant thats a lie, I am not, but I am one tough SOB when you jerk my line, and I resent people that will slander on the internet and squirm in person, like several of you who told me Dallas that the folks on AR misinterpeted your posts. bullshit, you were face to face with me or Pierre and your sporting blood turned to horse piss.

I am aware that some of you will never book with me, never would have to start with,so cut the crap and the threats, I can live with that.

As to those who have been my loyal friends, they know that I will always give them a fair shake and I have a long time repete clientele, I am 73 years old and chances are I will survive the hunting business until I retire, just like I have for many years, a nicety of age, I don't have to take anyones shit, maybe I have become a little arrogrant. but only to those azzholes that are less than what they claim.

Preserved for review as to "argumentative" content - since it has already been edited at least once, in a moment of kindness, no doubt.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Actually, Ray, I am sure you have lost business as a direct result of your rude behavior toward potential clients. Telling potential clients or current ones that they are idiots, etc. is just plain dumb business.

There probably are some agents I will never book with, but there is only one I am quite sure I will never book with. That is you. And it is completely due to your attitude toward Sheephunter and a few others.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can anyone explain to me in small words what the point of this thread is. This issue has been completely chewed by the resident Inuit in multiple threads. The only thing I can see is an attempt to intentionally start an fight hoping your detractors self-terminate by over reacting and typing a "Capital Offense" answer. Pure provocation. Just one possible but maybe not probable theory.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
At the risk of getting into this deeper than I want! I have what I think is a fine suggestion!

Why doesn't everyone just drop this crap, on both sides. Nothing is being gained here, and the constant bickering is destroying this web-site! How about the people who don't want to read Ray, simply put him on ignore, and the anyone who doesn't want to read his desenters put them on ignore, And let those who simply want to talk hunting , and rifles get on with their business! Both sides will get less ulcers, and the rest of us can enjoy the quiet!
DAMN................the pissers contests! horse

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
At the risk of getting into this deeper than I want! I have what I think is a fine suggestion!

Why doesn't everyone just drop this crap, on both sides. Nothing is being gained here, and the constant bickering is destroying this web-site! How about the people who don't want to read Ray, simply put him on ignore, and the anyone who doesn't want to read his desenters put them on ignore, And let those who simply want to talk hunting , and rifles get on with their business! Both sides will get less ulcers, and the rest of us can enjoy the quiet!
DAMN................the pissers contests! horse

PRECISELY!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68690 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

As to those who have been my loyal friends, they know that I will always give them a fair shake and I have a long time repete clientele, I am 73 years old and chances are I will survive the hunting business until I retire, just like I have for many years, a nicety of age, I don't have to take anyones shit, maybe I have become a little arrogrant but only to those azzholes that are less than what they claim.

What is this crap, Ray? First you're NOT, then you ARE. Make up my mind for me!

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well put Ray! I agree with you completely. This is a fun board for information and friendly conversations. Lets keep it that.

Posts: 104 | Location: Chile | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote