New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is this crap?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Time to lock this one down before it digresses further. Nothing of any merit here.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would rather it stay open until we are shown that Sheephunter was actually treated fairly and has mislead us with his complaining or Atkinson and crew admit they did him wrong and make amends.Or if they have already come to terms and patched things up , then that would be an acceptable conclusion also.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of urdubob
posted Hide Post
I don't think that will happen..... horse ... Ray has classified all who desagree as slim or a zombie.

Midway USA sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 945 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I became a member here before my first trip to Africa last year. I got a lot of good information. I don't know the 'history' here as to why some people don't like others, etc.

But... I think it's very important that people be able to post about their hunting experiences, both good and bad. One thing you can learn here is who you may want to hunt with, and who you may want to avoid...

Posts: 104 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
I think this sums up this whole topic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTuiCkzIaEA

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urdubob:
I don't think that will happen..... horse ... Ray has classified all who desagree as slim or a zombie.

Yep. Got my Zombie suit too.
------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't you all feel it just might be time to let Ray down off the cross ???

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:

Easter was last week.

Posts: 98 | Location: Eastern United States | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
I like to hear the bad reports as much as the good, and that is the way I think it should be. However I would like to have one of those zombie suits.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you book enough hunts...or...go on enough hunts eventually something isn't going to be the way it should be. This is no different in the hunting industry than it is selling refrigerators.
Discussion is good for everyone here on AR . But trashing one another or worse still trashing either when the facts aren't brought forth in total is not only poor taste but detracts from the reason Saeed keeps AR open to all to begin with.

Posts: 223 | Location: close but no cigar | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ALP#4:
When you book enough hunts...or...go on enough hunts eventually something isn't going to be the way it should be.

No one disputes that. What happens (or happened next) however, is what the posts in question were all about. And those reactions made it abundantly clear to many of us whom we did NOT want to be dealing with. That's just the point.
Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eyedoc, I stick by my statement. Nothing of merit here. I have talked to parties involved on both sides. I have watched all this crap unfold numerous times.
My opinion for what it is worth is there was some
bad decisions and behavior on both sides. Frankly nothing was resolved then and nothing is going to change now. The outcome is not going to change regardless of how many times anyone beats on that dead horse.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brent:
quote:
Originally posted by ALP#4:
When you book enough hunts...or...go on enough hunts eventually something isn't going to be the way it should be.

No one disputes that. What happens (or happened next) however, is what the posts in question were all about. And those reactions made it abundantly clear to many of us whom we did NOT want to be dealing with. That's just the point.
Brent

That is a good point, and precisely the point. I don't know what I was thinking. These posts have reminded me of a lot of things.

Chief among which is that I wouldn't buy a nickel off the originator of this thread for four cents.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Has he asked for forgiveness of his sins? Wink

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey1:
quote:

Has he asked for forgiveness of his sins? Wink

I was certain he died for the sins of others.

Posts: 223 | Location: close but no cigar | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ALP#4. That is hilarious!!!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think he has much to apologize or ask forgiveness for from anyone.

The PH he books for is in Africa hunting and makes a change in the hunting area apparently without letting the client know (or Ray for that matter)...the client finds out just before he's to go on his safari and is unhappy and posts his frustration on this site.

After some apparentively unpleasant give and take between client and Ray, who stands behind his PH believing he knows the current situtation better than anyone else, offers the client a full refund.

The client is now stuck. On one hand he wants to go but on the other hand he doesn't, so he continues to wring his hands on this site. The only mistake that I think Ray made was not sticking to the decision to give the client a refund and be rid of him ---- unfortunately, apparently at the urging of some others, the hunt is re-booked and off the client goes ...only to return unhappy..... not mcuh of a suprise for me with this attitude going into the trip.

If Ray was guilty of anything it was (1) believing and standing by the PH, (2) allowing the hunt to be re-booked with a client who was going on the trip in a bad state of mind, and, of course, (3) like most of us he didn't take criticism very well.

Ray didn't lie to anyone, he may have been a little pissed at the client, and he was perhaps a little stiff-necked when it came to adverse comments.

The question I have is (1) is 500grains a natural arrogant azz-hole who likes to stir the pot or does he really need to try hard to appear that way. Myself I think he's a natural as I don't recall any of his posts, and I don't read them all, that had much positive to say.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerOpinions vary.

Posts: 98 | Location: Eastern United States | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
The question I have is (1) is 500grains a natural arrogant azz-hole who likes to stir the pot or does he really need to try hard to appear that way. Myself I think he's a natural as I don't recall any of his posts, and I don't read them all, that had much positive to say.

Personally, I have learned a lot from 500grains' posts and he has always been willing to give me the benefit of his experience.

Mr. Atkinson has also been helpful to me when I have asked for the benefit of his experience.

Regardless of the equities of the situation, I was dissappointed with the personal attacks that were made on an open forum against a client by the booking agent. In my business that would be more than unprofessional.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Grown up men might do that.

Silly little idiotic children won't.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68690 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

And silly little idiotic children resort to name calling when the truth fails.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree. I have learned much from both 500 grains and Ray Atkinson. I was however more than a little perturbed by some of Ray's posts with regard to the above affair. I thought that some of those were very inappropriate, bordering on arrogant. I too have made the mistake of thinking I have to respond to a post immediately instead of waiting for my blood to cool down a bit! Perhaps that is all it takes. However,someone pointed out that Ray had gone back and modified some of his previous posts, and, if true, I also find that inappropriate.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I comment at this time because I was one of the persons mentioned in the original series of posts, who had a very successful hunt July 1-14, but few if any showers because of lack of water/showers.

Adams accepted responsibility for the failure of his staff to address my hygiene problems,and apologized. I accepted his apology. I have moved on and I certainly hope he has.

This re-dredging is ridiculous. Kudude

PS: Ray its good to have you back. Let these suckers stew! Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, this is a very sad state of affaires! It seems once people think they have found a chink in the armor of anyone, old friendships go down the drain. It seems once a guy is down, all the keyboard heros want to get in a kick or two. As DB Bill says I think it's about time for the Kangaroos to recess court, and open the gate, what you say?

This cold war is killing the sperit of this web-site, and makeing a joke out of it on other sites! thumbdown

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BORING

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Damn, does this mean we're going to get another ass eattin from Rays lawyer Mr. Doug Chester?

(Somehow I knew this subject was not over.)

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I'll bet that Atkinson now wishes "What is this crap?" was a rhetorical question.

As for the rest of this stuff, we can all make up our minds and should do so, then act accordingly.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's called hunting and fishing for a reason!!!!!!!!!!! Not killing and catching! Some days are diamonds and some days are stones. There are some bad outfitters, guides, booking agents, and ph's. There are also some very bad clients that will never be satisfied. Hopefully we can all weed out those we don't want to deal with. You can spend Your money or time and take your chances. Life goes on. Arrogance is not something to be proud of. ray was very helpful to me even though I did not book with him, but I will probably in the future. I've also been impressed with Adam's offerings.

Posts: 305 | Location: on the praire and liken it | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
McBragg, what brings you back to AR? Did you get run off another forum?[/QUOTE]

What a horse's ass comment! Nashville-Scottsdale-Huston...no wonder you need to move around... troll

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just heard that Mike375 has been 'suspended' for being argumentative.

I find that interesting considering this thread was put up for that very reason, to get a reaction.

As was this thread.
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=243101756#243101756

Are Ray and Jeffosso still with us?

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Damn, does this mean we're going to get another ass eattin from Rays lawyer Mr. Doug Chester?

Confused Don't be so sercetive, who the hell is Mr. Doug Chester? Confused

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:
Originally posted by TJ:

Doug Chester is the Lawyer Ray or PVT hired to scare those people posting on the PVT/Sheephunter thread.

He promised that a full disclosure of all facts and conversations would be made shortly and then dissappeared, never to be heard from again.

I think he is sort of like 'Lawyer Dagget from Yelm County' in True Grit. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somebody actually had a lawyer come onto a discussion board and fight his battles? Is this a joke on us new guys? If true, you have to feel sorry for the guy, serious psych issues there.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:

Doug Chester is the Lawyer Ray or PVT hired to scare those people posting on the PVT/Sheephunter thread.

He promised that a full disclosure of all facts and conversations would be made shortly and then dissappeared, never to be heard from again.

I think he is sort of like 'Lawyer Dagget from Yelm County' in True Grit. Big Grin[/QUOTE]

jumping jumping jumping

NOW! I've heard everything! Roll Eyes

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well as usual you heard wrong.

Don

Posts: 26547 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think he is sort of like 'Lawyer Dagget from Yelm County' in True Grit.

Lovu Zdar

Mickey

You dont know sickum about Arkansas. There aint no Yelm county. Its Yell county and it has TWO county seats too.

PS They have some smart lawyers down there too. One of them SOB's beat me out of $5,300 over a situation at the Mt. Nebo chicken festival 21 years ago. Then my own lawyer had the nerve to charge me $2,600 for losing.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palmer:
quote:
I think he is sort of like 'Lawyer Dagget from Yelm County' in True Grit.

Lovu Zdar

Mickey

You dont know sickum about Arkansas. There aint no Yelm county. Its Yell county and it has TWO county seats too.

PS They have some smart lawyers down there too. One of them SOB's beat me out of $5,300 over a situation at the Mt. Nebo chicken festival 21 years ago. Then my own lawyer had the nerve to charge me $2,600 for losing.

Palmer

clap

You have to tell that story.

Mt Nebo Chicken Festival??? jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
quote:

Well as usual you heard wrong.

Don

Don

From an email that many people got.

quote:
The Accurate Reloading Forums Membership Information
Dear mikeh375,

The site administrators have removed your access rights:

Mike, I have been looking at your posts, most seem to be just plain argumentative......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mickey,

Don has you there.

mikeh375 is not Mike375

I can absolutely guranantee you of that, iron clad and encased in platinum guarantee Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 271 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

So, Ray's absent for a year, and all his lies, insults and threats should be forgotten and forgiven? Bullshit. He showed his true colors, and that was enough for many here to make up their own minds never to deal with him, or any outfit associated with him. Suck it up, Ray. You made your bed.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote