New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Report Issues??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone else having issues with the Hunting Report website??

Their subscription link was down for a few weeks, they finally got it up and running on the 18th. I was able to sign up for the print and online version, paid, got a confirmation email of payment, and cannot log into the website. Keeps telling me my email is not a registered account. I've emailed Barbara and have yet to get a response.

Starting to get a bit disenchanted with the entire thing, honestly. Anyone else having similar experiences?

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes. I have been experiencing issues. It's been frustrating.
It all seems to have started with the renewed website. At first I had trouble logging in but after fumbling around I managed to set my log in info so that now works. Just recently I submitted a hunt report and soon after emailed Barbara as I wanted to add further comment. She emailed back saying this section of the website is not functioning properly so she was unable to see or retrieve my report. I rewrote the report in plain email form and sent it again.
The other issue I have with the new website is it is not ( for me ) very intuitive to use. For example if I want to search reports by category ( say country or outfitter ) I can't work out how to do this. I have asked Barbara for advice.
I think "issues" with the new website have been ongonig for some weeks at this stage. They need to get it sorted.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2082 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Yes.. very frustrating...

I must admit, earlier in the year they sent me a download of Ibex reports when I could not access the search on the new website. Great people and very helpful when contacted.

Just received my May 2018 paper copy - and the inevitable announcement is on page 2 - raising the price of the paper subscription and eliminating the "email-extra" option. You will either be a paper subscriber or email subscriber.

All subscribers will have access to the database.

I enjoy reading each issue and the website and can easily print the newsletter off the website but being old fashioned I will keep a printed subscription as long as they offer it...

My one complaint (feedback really) is they put too much information on the public website! A third of the articles you read in the newsletter are available without a subscription! Hell I have to pay more than $60.00 a year if I want to read the obits in the local liberal rag!

Lock it down - show the first paragraph maybe and advertiser pages but beyond that make everyone subscribe!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sometimes software updates create problems.

I am sure these will be sorted out.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, guys. Barbara just responded that they are trying to rectify the issue. I'm really hoping they get it all sorted out, being as our options in the market are so limited.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
I know Barbara is very frustrated, but has been most gracious and has told me to let her know which reports I was looking for and she'd send them.
The Hunting Report has been a solid resource for years, they'll get the site sorted out in time.

Posts: 564 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still, as of now, not rectified. Waiting for a call back from customer service at Redpoint Solutions (their parent company).

One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Just saw that Barbara Crown is no longer with The Hunting Report. Anyone know what's up?

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where did you see that Barbara was gone?

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
She said she had left the Report on Facebook.

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn that is a shame. She has been around a very long time.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AR has the best hunting reports. Even better than the paid reports. Im sure they are good but for me AR is all I need. Lots and lots of info, for FREE!!!!!!!

Posts: 133 | Location: Eskimo Point - CANADA | Registered: 23 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I, for one, am sorry to hear Barbara has departed Hunting Report. I met her in person early this year at DSC. She is very personable and I enjoyed a chat about recent hunting experiences. She is truly a friend and ally of the hunting community. Good luck Barbara. Wishing you the best in future endeavours.

Posts: 2082 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Yep Barbara announced she has left HR on Facebook. Seems it was a surprise to her but she said many new doors are opening which is good to hear. I like Barbara, always a smile and happy to see you when you dropped by her booth at DSC. Also, always helpful when you called. Will see what happens at Hunt Report, think they were bought by the group that owns RipCord.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got my June issue via e mail. I may be wrong but that seems to a lot later than usual. it also seemed much shorter.

I also noticed their address was changed to CA. I am not sure when that came about. It has been in Miami forever.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have only heard good things about Barbara.

If the HR was bought by some big company, I think we can say good by to it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Tme will tell. Ripcord is a hunting insurance company like Global Rescue so they may have more interest in it than some bigger conglomerate. Looks like the same contributing editors are still involved and paper stock was actually better on this new issue in my opinion...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

- Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 717 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
No I can't even sign into the website anymore much less get emails from them...

- Rudyard Kipling

one of us
posted Hide Post
I noted in the June issue that the column previously always present that lists the contributors/editors etc. was missing completely. It's also not on the web page. This tells me that when Barbara Crown went, everybody else went with her. I have a hunch that they are screwed, as perhaps are those of us who paid for subscriptions.

Posts: 322 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
I sent them an e-mail sharing that I was disappointed that I was unable to log in, that the new site was very difficult to navigate and I have yet to receive a response. I think Barbara was the glue...… very sad, they are not reaching out to subscribers and sharing what is going..... it might help.

Posts: 564 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My subscription was refunded in full after I said I was going to complain to SCI national. They gave me a complimentary 1 year online membership. The website is excessively difficult to navigate and find hunt reports on. I haven't even tried to log in after the first two weeks or so after I finally got my (free) log in information nearly a month after I initially signed up and paid.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I subscribed some years ago, but I was put off by the lack of transparency...the guys submitting the full length articles never came clean whether they actually paid for the hunt or if it was comped. Felt like Petersen's HUNTING to me...

The individual reports were okay, but I never did see much negative stuff but perhaps I was only looking at reputable outfits.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can log on to the new HR site. I see they now have the June issue featured. I have not received a copy by email which I used to. At the end of each month the next months issue was usually emailed. AR member Larry Shores received his June issue by email and was kind enough to forward a copy.
There has been no communication to subscribers regarding recent HR changes which I think is very poor and I can find no such info on the new website, which I agree, is very onerous to navigate, so I might have missed something.
I last updated my 2 year subscription by paying Barbara at DSC in January. Since late June I have emailed twice requesting confirmation of my subscription but have had zero response. I too am somewhat concerned we are seeing the demise of HR. Might have to accept money is being kissed goodbye.
Barbara was great when she was there. Always got a reply to my emails.

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
I just had an email indicating the July issue is now available. It didn't appear under the "Latest Issue" which was still showing the June issue. But I did find it in the "Newsletter Archive" section.

I had a quick look through, then went back to the website, which is now reporting server errors.

Update: the site is back online and the July issue now appears as the "Latest Issue"

Posts: 717 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the e mail as well. I am having trouble logging in.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I got the email and I have never signed up for the Hunting Report. I was able to read a number of articles just from the email. Over the years, I've never really had any interest in it, as I have always received enough information from AR for my needs, and I have never felt the need to pay to read someone else's hunting report. Big Grin