Find
Notify
Tools

BODDINGTON ON ILLEGAL HUNTING
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have not weighed in on this crap as it has gone along, and the chickens have pecked and drawn blood, but I have followed it. I consider Craig Boddington one of the greatest advocates for hunting and Africa that there ever was, and one of the greatest outdoor writers of our time. He is the real deal, whether on camera or in real life. A class act for sure! A great majority of us follow him, appreciate him and are grateful(hopefully) that he still wants to hang around here on AR.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
May I also remind all of you that those who perpetuate the original libel or slander can be found guilty and held civilly for damages as well. So, with that little bit of free legal advice, let this thing die. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
it seems like there are lots of people who try to build their egos up by trying to demolish someone else. unfortunately craig is a big bullseye to this group. and more unfortunately is against the law to hang them

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Hey Craig,

I purposefully stayed out of this shitstorm from the beginning. And while Conrad's initial response was totally inappropriate, we do have some 236 year understanding of the term loyalty.

Please, try to visit and participate on AR as often as your schedule allows. Beau and I are off to Namibia for elephant in 6 days, but will see you when we can.

Semper Fi, my Brother!

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's kill this thread! Thanks to all, good and bad, Craig

Just in case anyone missed this on the other thread.

quote:

Thank You Sir. I think out of respect this request should be honored and we should move along to other subjects. JMO.

Mr. Boddington has gave his response and suggested that we all need to pick up and move on to other subjects.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Craig Boddington is THE most respected international hunter and big game expert in Argentina ,all of the PHs that hunted with him consider this man the prefect officer and getleman ,i believe hes the true succesor ,excuse me if its not well written -of Frederic Selous ,so please we must respect this Marine and well representative of our loved sport ,and for many of us profession that its big game .
Sir please continue participating in this forum ,your opinions are welcomed .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craig, I didn't believe any of it anyway. I am sure most sensible people here didn't either, But if you do find the idiot responsible, string him up by the nuts. PS. I hope you are fully recovered from the heart issue you experienced a while ago.

Saeed, just a suggestion, why don't you delete the other thread entirely.

Posts: 424 | Location: Australia | Registered: 11 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I have not weighed in on this crap as it has gone along, and the chickens have pecked and drawn blood, but I have followed it. I consider Craig Boddington one of the greatest advocates for hunting and Africa that there ever was, and one of the greatest outdoor writers of our time. He is the real deal, whether on camera or in real life. A class act for sure! A great majority of us follow him, appreciate him and are grateful(hopefully) that he still wants to hang around here on AR.

HEAR, HEAR!!!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craig,

Some of us don't believe all the bs we read on the Internet.

http://pbckt.com/pa.O7xObQ

Look forward to your next book, TV show or DVD.

Best,
Matt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:

tu2+1
Semper Fi Colonel (Brig Gen?)

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems the consensus opinion here is that CB is a great guy, true patriot, and could not have possibly committed any of these alleged acts. I am not going to say that any of you are wrong. Why? Because I do not know the man. Granted I have read a lot of his work and liked most of it. I have seen him on TV and liked most of it. I have a few of his DVD's and liked most of them. Does that make me qualified to formulate an opinion on the man? In my mind, it absolutely does not. None of these positive things makes me know the REAL man.

How are these opinions of the posters here formed? How many of you REALLY know him? I don't mean that he shook your hand at SCI or something like that. I don't mean do you like his TV show or his writing. How many of you really know him?

Has a single person here attempted to do any investigation to see if these allegations might be true? I am willing to bet not.

CB may be a great guy, true patriot, etc, etc. However, it seems to me that many here are saying that as a result of hero worship and not the facts. And some of you wonder how Obama got elected...........

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, personally I want to thank Conrad. I had never heard the term "douchenozzles" used before and I have added it to some of my more profane vocabulary for future use when the proper occasion arises. Thanks again.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
posted May 26, 9:49 AM Hide Post
It seems the consensus opinion here is that CB is a great guy, true patriot, and could not have possibly committed any of these alleged acts. I am not going to say that any of you are wrong. Why? Because I do not know the man. Granted I have read a lot of his work and liked most of it. I have seen him on TV and liked most of it. I have a few of his DVD's and liked most of them. Does that make me qualified to formulate an opinion on the man? In my mind, it absolutely does not. None of these positive things makes me know the REAL man.

How are these opinions of the posters here formed? How many of you REALLY know him? I don't mean that he shook your hand at SCI or something like that. I don't mean do you like his TV show or his writing. How many of you really know him?

Has a single person here attempted to do any investigation to see if these allegations might be true? I am willing to bet not.

CB may be a great guy, true patriot, etc, etc. However, it seems to me that many here are saying that as a result of hero worship and not the facts. And some of you wonder how Obama got elected...........
----------------
Larry,
I couldn't have said it better. Now lets all go eat a TACO
Sam

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Larry, with all due respect, I'll be the first to answer your inquiry with some firsthand facts. I first met Craig at the Johannesburg Airport 10 years ago. We introduced each other and then rode the 747 together on that long ride back to the States. His daughter Brittany and a girlfriend were coming back from Namibia with Craig after the girls first African Hunt. Although I am sure by then that Craig had over 50 safaris under his belt and was already a hunting celebrity in the hunting world, he sat and talked with me and Bwanna for the entire trip back. He and Brittany showed us photos of their hunt, discussed details, asked us details about our hunts and in general, passed the time in pleasant conversation. I had a couple of magazine articles in two hunting and guns magazines with me that Craig had written and I asked him about them. He had not even read them himself and asked to borrow the magazines to read. Although he was a hunting celeb and talked with others as well, he was as genuine as you could get. I have since talked with him on many occasions when I have seen him at conventions, in hotel lobbies, etc. and he has always been the same guy. I can't say that for other hunting celebs who have ignored my introductions or been total assholes. I once returned a lost credit card of hunting celeb/outdoor show celeb Chris Dorsey, and was treated like shit for doing so. So, yes, Larry I can honestly say that I know the real Craig. I know enough of him to know that he is the real deal. Do I consider him a hero? Yes, in the sense that he has honorably served our country in the Marines, as many others here have done so, and I consider them heroes today as well(jorge that includes you! LOL!) I do consider Craig an expert in outdoor writing and and expert in hunting. I have read nearly every book that he has written. I have read every article that he has written that has come to my attention, and I have watched him in many of his shows. Larry, if I knew you a little bit better I might consider you an expert-as I have heard that your CPA skills are second to none, but I really don't know the real you. You might be a great guy or you might be a real asshole. I haven't had the chance to get to know you like I did Craig to decide. In any event, I for one, consider that I know Craig well enough to unequivocally state that Craig Boddington is the real deal.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Well thank you for that sir, I'm flattered and consider myself honored to be mentioned in the same vein as my friend Craig. Needless to say I completely echo your thoughts on the issue. Happy Memorial Day to all. Lest we forget....

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Being a Marine does not make one a good person the same way that being a priest does not necessarily make someone a good person.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
God holds Marines in higher esteem. They keep heaven stoked with fresh souls....

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

+1, and curiously we can see the same thing in reverse in the case of Mark Sullivan. Folks that do not know him are prepared to judge him negatively on the basis of a few hunting DVDs without knowing the true measure of the man. We are actually quite shallow.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are actually quite shallow.
Isn't that the truth! tu2

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
...we can see the same thing in reverse in the case of Mark Sullivan.

Mike! You didn't just bring MS into this, did you? 2020

jumping

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Larry and Mike:
You gents are right on!
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

+1, and curiously we can see the same thing in reverse in the case of Mark Sullivan. Folks that do not know him are prepared to judge him negatively on the basis of a few hunting DVDs without knowing the true measure of the man. We are actually quite shallow.

+1 Mike

+2 Larry

My comments on the other thread had noting to do with the Banteng hunt or disclosure issues brought up. I figured if there was something amiss on the Banteng hunt, it wasn't Col. Boddington's fault, rather the outfitter's. I don't care about the disclosure issue that was brought up either as he makes his living from writing about and doing shows concerning shooting and hunting. As I mentioned on the other thread, I don't purchase products or book hunts out of hero worship of a celebrity. A celebrity may very well make me aware of a product or outfitter's service, but that is where I take the ball and run with it, doing my own research to determine if that product or service fits my needs and requirements.

Furthermore, I almost always refer to Col. Boddington by his military title, rather than the familiar. Firstly because as a former Naval officer myself, I respect his service to country and secondly because even though I've spoken with him a few times, shook hands with him, I don't know the man, as most here claim to, and no, I don't consider sharing a plane ride home to be enough time spent with someone necessary to forge a friendship and know a person. Back when I was still flying for the airlines, I was the relief pilot flying from DFW to Honolulu once and spent about 4 hours sitting in first class next to and chatting with Terry Bradshaw on my break while he and his family were on their way to Hawaii for vacation. I don't know Mr. Bradshaw any better today than I did when I was a kid watching him beat up on my Cowboys team back in the 70's!

I've also stated that I have most of Col. Boddington's books and DVDs. I'll probably purchase more in the future. BUT, the campaign to raise money for a store front to sell his own wares, by selling off used clothing and offering to put my picture on his wall, and a "grip and grin" photo, all while at the exact same time going on a hunt that would have easily funded the store front (website), seemed cheesy and in bad taste to me. I know quite a few flag officers and they protect their legacy more closely to the vest than to turn a loose cannon like Mr. Everts free on the internet with his ill conceived campaign, and then to have Everts come here challenging and offending the exact people most likely to purchase those items from the website.

Col. Boddington, you may have been away from communications when this went down, and Mr. Everts deleted his remarks here. But you can read those comments as many of us anticipated him deleting those posts and copied them. They are here to be read, even though you stated you don't want to. It's admirable that you are standing behind your friend, but I've got zero respect for the guy, both from the tackiness of the money request and his comments here. Again, my comments were and are centered around the FaceBook / Internet funding requests and their cheesy nature, as I hated to see something like this attached to you.

I'm sure it doesn't matter to you or any of the other guys here, but from my point of view, I don't consider this to be any major issue that would keep me from purchasing your books in the future. Rather a case of misplaced judgement in trusting a wildcard like Mr. Everts with your reputation. He certainly didn't do you any favors.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shootaway:
Being a Marine does not make one a good person the same way that being a priest does not necessarily make someone a good person.[/QUOTE

Dumbass! You have got to be the most moronic poster AR has ever had!

I would take ANY Marine I have ever met over a whole boatload of "yous"!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well ladies and gentlemen, I have to say that this is about the biggest exhibition of ass kissing I have seen in a while. I have known a lot more than I have publicized. I was never going to post the following. I quite frankly got sickened by the ass kissing going on here. It is absolutely shocking to me.

The following are e mails related to this matter. I have removed the names of 2 people. I will let them decide if they want to comment further.

You make up your mind.

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Fwd: Illegal Banteng hunts
Date: January 30, 2013 1:03:05 AM CST
To: xxxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 29 January 2013 8:14:35 PM PST
To:xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Illegal Banteng hunts

Thanks xxxxx I have down loaded 4 banteng photos from Greg’s web site and two clearly show him in the pictures. I already have Norm Fisher’s contact details so I can email him. Let me know if you can get any other information.

Many thanks

Jailee Wilson I Executive Officer
Parks and Wildlife Commission
2nd Floor Goyder Bldg, Palmerston, PO Box 496 Palmerston NT 0831
t...(08) 8999 4431 I f...(08) 8999 4558 I e… jailee.wilson@nt.gov.au
P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Sent: Wednesday, 30 January 2013 12:42 PM
To: Jailee Wilson; Garret Smith
Subject: Re: Illegal Banteng hunts

Norm fisher was the pilot( there were 2 helicopters) he was told that they had permits and that solomons agreement had been executed. Greg penicot arranged the hunts and he is in the photos, I have not seen the video yet but xxxxxxxxx saw it and he could possibly shed more light on that. They flew from swim creek which is we're the photo was taken and is obvious in the photo, cobourg is the only viable option if flying from there. I will get as much information as I can, Greg penicot had photos of at least 4 banteng in his booth all were taken last year as he has never worked with any of the previous operators in the park. I will send over the emails as soon as I get them.

Sent from my iPhone

On 29/01/2013, at 6:55 PM, Jailee Wilson <Jailee.Wilson@nt.gov.au> wrote:

Hi xxxxx

I would certainly keep the name of the source confidential and I can also when I bring this to the Board’s attention advise that some information has been provided by “a source that wishes to remain anonymous” so if you could provide the name of the pilot and contact details then PWCNT can start making investigations and depending on what information comes to light will determine whether any legal action can be taken.

I am not sure how we can find out who is doing up certificates for the animals to be exported – as above if we get enough information this could be asked of who arranged the hunt but we will just have to wait to see.

Regarding the video does it actually show the persons who arranged the hunt or just the clients and can you see any land marks etc that clearly show it is in the Park? If it doesn’t then I don’t see there would be much gain in trying to get a copy of this for the Board however if you can get your hands on a copy please send through anyways.

Many thanks

Sent: Wednesday, 30 January 2013 12:40 AM
To: Jailee Wilson; Garret Smith; barbara@huntingreport.com

I can provide the name and contacts for the pilot but I kneed to know it would be confidential, obviously there are family members of Solomon's on the board that oils cause problems for me. Email address for boddington shouldn't be a problem but I doubt they would cooperate as they are liable for prosecution under the LaCie act here in the USA for breaches of another countries animal bylaws.
This has been going on for along time and needs some attention, it costs me a fortune and a lot of head aches going back and forth to get a legal concession operating outside the park and I am the first to be blamed when helicopters are involved etc. I will try my best to to get the video. I have talked to Solomon and he put the blame straight onto penicot saying he went up there without telling him and only found out after he came back, I think he would do the same if he was confronted by parks and wildlife or the police.
The other thing is the animals had to be exported with either a fake certificate of origin or fake deceleration so this is a breach aswell
both in Australia and the USA and this can be easily tracked down.
Please let me know and I will provide the information ASAP.
Sent from my iPhone

On 28/01/2013, at 8:23 PM, Jailee Wilson <Jailee.Wilson@nt.gov.au> wrote:

Hi xxxxxx

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I will need hard evidence before any legal action can be considered therefore I need the name of the helicopter pilot and contact details to get documentation that supports the information you have provided below such as flights paths and who he was contracted by etc. Do you also have contact details for the Boddington / Hagens as I would also like to contact them to gain statements.

cheers

Sent: Saturday, 26 January 2013 2:43 AM
To: garrett.smith@nlc.org.au; Jailee Wilson; barbara@huntreports.com
Subject: Illegal Banteng hunts

These hunt were done using helicopters to access the park, the hunt were filmed and have been played at the Houston show where xxxxxxx saw them and notified me, I know that Greg Penicott and Solomon Cooper have an agreement in principle under Australian Muran Banteng Hunting but I also know it has not yet been executed and certainly was not even close at the time of the hunts that were in August 2012. As you can see from xxxxx email there were rumours of Boddington coming to Australia early in 2012 so it likely that this hunt was booked at the SCI or Dallas Safari Club in Jan/Feb that year. There was information on Hunt Reports.com and acurate reloading about the banteng situation and accredited operators and it was certainly no secret was licensed at the time to harvest Banteng in the Park.

Banteng do exist outside the national park but do not roam further than the Murgenella region. The area they exist outside the park is under Section 19 Land Use Agreement to either myself or Peter Loreman(tropical Hunting Safaris) and neither of do business or had permits issued for Greg Pennicot, Craig or Donna Boddington or Mike or Susan Hagen. Kevin Gleeson(KGsafaris@bigpond.com) does own a private herd of banteng at Mary River but as far as im aware does not deal with Greg Penicot(this can be easily confirmed by emailing Kevin) and the topography in the photograph matches the that of the National Park rather than inland area of Mary River Station were Kevin Gleeson operates.

I have talked and got confirmation from the helicopter pilot that these hunts were conducted inside the Park but he was told that Permits had been issued and the Area was under contract to Solomon and Greg. Additionally he told me that Donna Boddington took 1 banteng and a Male client took the the other.

This hunt breaches bi-laws in the park, the clients are also breaching the Lacie Act in the USA and will also breach fish and game laws on the import of Cites Appendices 2 into the USA with either a fraudulent certificate of origin or fraudulent declaration on the species of animals.

Correspondence from xxxxxxxx

Bottom line is xxxxx it has to be stopped, if possible. In the least it brings the industry into disrepute (like it needs that!). I have attached the photos I have from Facebook. I am pretty sure that someone sent the kill shots to the head ranger guy as a heads-up some time ago but I don't know if Parks pursued it. I should have asked you about it back then but I forgot.

Oh I know Craig pretty well (he hunted in Australia half a dozen or more times) but he certainly knew about all the funny business that goes on with the banteng and I was keeping him up to date at times about what was happening with the various applications we had sent to the Board over the years. If he had any questions or concerns he only had to ask myself or xxxxxxx and he would have got the truth. I heard he was coming to Australia early last year and I asked him and he denied it... not that I would have cared if he hunted legitimately with you or anyone else. He cant say he wasn't warned...

I think it would only take a message from 'somebody' to the Hunting Report for it all to potentially unravel. They know how to get the answers....

Very nasty business.

xxxx

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon 14/01/2013 10:41 AM
To: xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Hey

Ive got to the bottom of this, they were hunting the park, they used
the choppers for access and then walked, no executed contract 100%
illegal. Craig didnt shoot an animal just his wife and a client did
also. Obviously they have breached firearms act, the import of the
animals will be illegal, and they are in Breach of the Lacie act here
in the USA.I am still considiering the path i take on this, obviously
for us it would be good to have an operator prosocuted for this type
of thing but the implications for craig is the downside. How well do
you know him?

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well ladies and gentlemen, I have to say that this is about the biggest exhibition of ass kissing I have seen in a while. I have known a lot more than I have publicized. I was never going to post the following. I quite frankly got sickened by the ass kissing going on here. It is absolutely shocking to me.

The following are e mails related to this matter. I have removed the names of 2 people. I will let them decide if they want to comment further.

You make up your mind.

Begin forwarded message:

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Thanks xxxxx I have down loaded 4 banteng photos from Greg’s web site and two clearly show him in the pictures. I already have Norm Fisher’s contact details so I can email him. Let me know if you can get any other information.

Many thanks

Norm fisher was the pilot( there were 2 helicopters) he was told that they had permits and that solomons agreement had been executed. Greg penicot arranged the hunts and he is in the photos, I have not seen the video yet but xxxxxxxxx saw it and he could possibly shed more light on that. They flew from swim creek which is we're the photo was taken and is obvious in the photo, cobourg is the only viable option if flying from there. I will get as much information as I can, Greg penicot had photos of at least 4 banteng in his booth all were taken last year as he has never worked with any of the previous operators in the park. I will send over the emails as soon as I get them.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi xxxxx

I would certainly keep the name of the source confidential and I can also when I bring this to the Board’s attention advise that some information has been provided by “a source that wishes to remain anonymous” so if you could provide the name of the pilot and contact details then PWCNT can start making investigations and depending on what information comes to light will determine whether any legal action can be taken.

I am not sure how we can find out who is doing up certificates for the animals to be exported – as above if we get enough information this could be asked of who arranged the hunt but we will just have to wait to see.

Regarding the video does it actually show the persons who arranged the hunt or just the clients and can you see any land marks etc that clearly show it is in the Park? If it doesn’t then I don’t see there would be much gain in trying to get a copy of this for the Board however if you can get your hands on a copy please send through anyways.

Many thanks

I can provide the name and contacts for the pilot but I kneed to know it would be confidential, obviously there are family members of Solomon's on the board that oils cause problems for me. Email address for boddington shouldn't be a problem but I doubt they would cooperate as they are liable for prosecution under the LaCie act here in the USA for breaches of another countries animal bylaws.
This has been going on for along time and needs some attention, it costs me a fortune and a lot of head aches going back and forth to get a legal concession operating outside the park and I am the first to be blamed when helicopters are involved etc. I will try my best to to get the video. I have talked to Solomon and he put the blame straight onto penicot saying he went up there without telling him and only found out after he came back, I think he would do the same if he was confronted by parks and wildlife or the police.
The other thing is the animals had to be exported with either a fake certificate of origin or fake deceleration so this is a breach aswell
Sent from my iPhone

Hi xxxxxx

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I will need hard evidence before any legal action can be considered therefore I need the name of the helicopter pilot and contact details to get documentation that supports the information you have provided below such as flights paths and who he was contracted by etc. Do you also have contact details for the Boddington / Hagens as I would also like to contact them to gain statements.

cheers

These hunt were done using helicopters to access the park, the hunt were filmed and have been played at the Houston show where xxxxxxx saw them and notified me, I know that Greg Penicott and Solomon Cooper have an agreement in principle under Australian Muran Banteng Hunting but I also know it has not yet been executed and certainly was not even close at the time of the hunts that were in August 2012. As you can see from xxxxx email there were rumours of Boddington coming to Australia early in 2012 so it likely that this hunt was booked at the SCI or Dallas Safari Club in Jan/Feb that year. There was information on Hunt Reports.com and acurate reloading about the banteng situation and accredited operators and it was certainly no secret was licensed at the time to harvest Banteng in the Park.

Banteng do exist outside the national park but do not roam further than the Murgenella region. The area they exist outside the park is under Section 19 Land Use Agreement to either myself or Peter Loreman(tropical Hunting Safaris) and neither of do business or had permits issued for Greg Pennicot, Craig or Donna Boddington or Mike or Susan Hagen. Kevin Gleeson(KGsafaris@bigpond.com) does own a private herd of banteng at Mary River but as far as im aware does not deal with Greg Penicot(this can be easily confirmed by emailing Kevin) and the topography in the photograph matches the that of the National Park rather than inland area of Mary River Station were Kevin Gleeson operates.

I have talked and got confirmation from the helicopter pilot that these hunts were conducted inside the Park but he was told that Permits had been issued and the Area was under contract to Solomon and Greg. Additionally he told me that Donna Boddington took 1 banteng and a Male client took the the other.

This hunt breaches bi-laws in the park, the clients are also breaching the Lacie Act in the USA and will also breach fish and game laws on the import of Cites Appendices 2 into the USA with either a fraudulent certificate of origin or fraudulent declaration on the species of animals.

Bottom line is xxxxx it has to be stopped, if possible. In the least it brings the industry into disrepute (like it needs that!). I have attached the photos I have from Facebook. I am pretty sure that someone sent the kill shots to the head ranger guy as a heads-up some time ago but I don't know if Parks pursued it. I should have asked you about it back then but I forgot.

Oh I know Craig pretty well (he hunted in Australia half a dozen or more times) but he certainly knew about all the funny business that goes on with the banteng and I was keeping him up to date at times about what was happening with the various applications we had sent to the Board over the years. If he had any questions or concerns he only had to ask myself or xxxxxxx and he would have got the truth. I heard he was coming to Australia early last year and I asked him and he denied it... not that I would have cared if he hunted legitimately with you or anyone else. He cant say he wasn't warned...

I think it would only take a message from 'somebody' to the Hunting Report for it all to potentially unravel. They know how to get the answers....

Very nasty business.

xxxx

you know him?

You better hope these to be the true facts, or else find a good attorney. I see a libel suit on it's way. I'd think I would have verified these with CB through a PM before publishing this for the world to see. Not sure this was a smart move. Good luck.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did that make you feel better or bigger in any way?

Posts: 414 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sea lawyer at work...

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
God holds Marines in higher esteem. They keep heaven stoked with fresh souls....

i thought it was the Devil who held Marines in high esteem as they keep Hell stoked with souls....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shootaway:
Being a Marine does not make one a good person the same way that being a priest does not necessarily make someone a good person.[/QUOTE

Dumbass! You have got to be the most moronic poster AR has ever had!

I would take ANY Marine I have ever met over a whole boatload of "yous"!

his posts explains why i have always referred to him as the Montreal Moron pissers

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdstewart:
quote:

You make up your mind.

Begin forwarded message:

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Hi xxxxx

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Hi xxxxxx

cheers

Very nasty business.

xxxx

you know him?

You better hope these to be the true facts, or else find a good attorney. I see a libel suit on it's way. I'd think I would have verified these with CB through a PM before publishing this for the world to see. Not sure this was a smart move. Good luck.

I understand there quite a few legal battles going right now.

From our point of view as hunters, the sooner the truth comes out the better, and put all this to rest.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I understand there quite a few legal battles going right now.

From our point of view as hunters, the sooner the truth comes out the better, and put all this to rest.

Exactly....any personal hate or Hero worship of Boddington, is inconsequential.

sensible mature people rely on the findings of impartial investigation.

I recall zealot like Lance Armstrong supporters, were very much against impartial investigation.
In their minds he was a human being that was not capable of doing any wrong.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exactly....any personal hate or Hero worship of Boddington, is inconsequential.sensible mature people rely on the findings of impartial investigation.

"Exactly....any personal hate or Hero worship of Boddington, is inconsequential.

sensible mature people rely on the findings of impartial investigation."

You are probably correct on an impartial investigation. I'm not sure that Larry's posts result in an impartial investigation. Wouldn't the proper authorities be the one's to begin such an investigation; not heresay copies of emails posted here on AR? I'm not an attorney, but I would certainly want to have exact and proven knowledge of such violatons, proven by an impartial authority, before posting such claims here on AR.

Those items might have been better off left for private conversations instead of accusations for the whole world to see. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

I hope no one gets hurt, on both sides, for doing something stupid.

And this is very different from the anti- vs. pro Mark Sullivan issue. No one has made accusations that MS has done anything illegal, they only question his techniques. These are legal accusations that have been made regarding CB.

Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread is a discussion, not an official investigation.
We are free to discuss things, including those emails posted by larry.
NO one is going to be convicted or vindicated [according to the process of the law],
by what is posted or discussed here on AR.

Larry seems to be privi to some email correspondence that may simply widen our understanding of the matter.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have had examples in the past of similar, illegal activities, that have been undertaken by certain members of the hunting community.

Take the example of Arnold Payne and his 50 inch buffalo.

Even SCI saw his activities and banned him.

Should we keep quiet when we think we see something nasty going on in our group, and hope no one will notice?

Or should we at least try to get to the facts?

As with every argument, even the accused can come out with flying colors once it is proven that whatever they have been accused of is not true.

The accuser is then looses credibility.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
We have had examples in the past of similar, illegal activities, that have been undertaken by certain members of the hunting community.

Take the example of Arnold Payne and his 50 inch buffalo.

Even SCI saw his activities and banned him.

Should we keep quiet when we think we see something nasty going on in our group, and hope no one will notice?

Or should we at least try to get to the facts?

As with every argument, even the accused can come out with flying colors once it is proven that whatever they have been accused of is not true.

The accuser is then looses credibility.

Here in the US, we have laws against "False Accusation" and for "Perjury", and many others. Such laws are there to help ensure that personal grudges are not attempted to be settled by false accusations made in the arena of public opinion.

Regardless of the outcome of accused vs. accuser, the only ones who comes out on top are the lawyers. Everyone else loses.

If these accusations had been properly forwarded to the appropriate authorities, and they had been found to be credible, then we would have found out soon enough.

I find it inappropriate and borderline illegal to post such accusations if done so irresponsibly. I think Larry really stepped in it here. A sit-back-and-wait approach might have been a wise decision.

Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
And Too Many More

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdstewart:
I find it inappropriate and borderline illegal to post such accusations if done so irresponsibly. I think Larry really stepped in it here. A sit-back-and-wait approach might have been a wise decision.

I dont believe larry is accusing or vindicating anyone of anything.
He is simply sharing some email correspondence that he is privi to.

No one here on AR is obligated or required to make their mind up about Boddington, simply based on those provided transcripts.
Any person who attempts to draw any strong conclusion from those transcripts [one way or the other]
ie; as to whether any illegal hunting took place, is not an intelligent person.

apparently reports of illegal hunts for Banteng being sold at SCI, go back to 2007.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
GENERAL Question for those who know the Lacie act.

Would I be correct in saying that unless the Australian authorities can prove the hunt was conducted in an illegal area, action under the
Lacie act can't be taken ?

Also, what is "proof". Does it have to be in a court of law or just proof that they were where they shouldn't be ?

"I understand there quite a few legal battles going right now."

In courts of law or just between lawyers ?

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trax:

I dont believe larry is accusing or vindicating anyone of anything.
He is simply sharing some email correspondence that he is privi to.

No one here on AR is obligated or required to make their mind up about Boddington, simply based on those provided transcripts.
Any person who attempts to draw any strong conclusion from those transcripts [one way or the other]
ie; as to whether any illegal hunting took place, is not an intelligent person.

]

You are correct. When I first mentioned this, I used the word "alleged". I don't know what happened or didn't happen. I was not there. I do know that there was more to his than some were willing to believe was possible which was the sole purpose in posting. I also said repeatedly that it was my impression that CB didn't know they were not where they should be.

Obviously, these 2 gentlemen thought enough of the matter to take it to the authorities. They started corresponding with the authorities.