THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Telling the difference between Captive and wild lions???
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Telling the difference between Captive and wild lions???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bret, Steve does think he is an expert. That's why he will get into pointless debate after pointless debate beating a horse until his bones are jelly. Steve wouldn't admit he was wrong about anything if his life depended on it.

And to the rest of you pansies out there hiding because you are scared some anti-hunter might use your picture in something, what the hell is wrong with you? You hide like a bunch of shamed children. And from what? A Dog With No Teeth! Its pitiful watching a bunch of grown men ashamed of thier rich heritage. I hope my picture is on one of those antis websites. I hope they know exactly what my face looks like and it haunts them in their f*!king sleep. Anybody can stick a picture of me anywhere. I am unashamed and unafraid and I can gaurantee they will make no money off of it. And I know now I will hear the excuse of how antis use it to sway undecided or unknowing centrists. Let me tell you something, the general public respects an honest man who doesn't falter in the face of criticism a lot more than some sniveling self-righteous vegan who has nothing better to do than screw with peoples good time. You are loosing your hunting heritage, not because you are up against some cunning quary, but because you have forgoten how to bbe men!

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bsflag

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smarterthanu:
Bret, Steve does think he is an expert. That's why he will get into pointless debate after pointless debate beating a horse until his bones are jelly. Steve wouldn't admit he was wrong about anything if his life depended on it.

And to the rest of you pansies out there hiding because you are scared some anti-hunter might use your picture in something, what the hell is wrong with you? You hide like a bunch of shamed children. And from what? A Dog With No Teeth! Its pitiful watching a bunch of grown men ashamed of thier rich heritage. I hope my picture is on one of those antis websites. I hope they know exactly what my face looks like and it haunts them in their f*!king sleep. Anybody can stick a picture of me anywhere. I am unashamed and unafraid and I can gaurantee they will make no money off of it. And I know now I will hear the excuse of how antis use it to sway undecided or unknowing centrists. Let me tell you something, the general public respects an honest man who doesn't falter in the face of criticism a lot more than some sniveling self-righteous vegan who has nothing better to do than screw with peoples good time. You are loosing your hunting heritage, not because you are up against some cunning quary, but because you have forgoten how to bbe men!

A wake up call?

Botswana/Okavango Delta:

"Ian Khama and his minions strike again. The days of big game hunting in Botswana are surely numbered."

"They don't think anything could change Khama. He is dead set in his anti-hunting ways and it is not a coincidence that the delta shut down first".

Have you forgotten this recent posting?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A wake up call?

Botswana/Okavango Delta:

"Ian Khama and his minions strike again. The days of big game hunting in Botswana are surely numbered."

"They don't think anything could change Khama. He is dead set in his anti-hunting ways and it is not a coincidence that the delta shut down first".

Do you really think pictures of you with a dead animal did that? I'm so sorry you are scared of some shmuck in Africa. Thats what 30 years of cowards like you, hiding from yourself, gets you. The next generation of anti-hunters will be even bolder because you voluntarily hid from your own mad up shame. Enjoy your futures boys.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Wooooh!!!! Let's take a chill pill here folks!

"I hope my picture is on one of those antis websites. I hope they know exactly what my face looks like and it haunts them in their f*!king sleep."

That may be a nominee for AR quote of the year!

I don't hardly see how posting trophy pictures plays into the anti's game??? What....now they know we kill things when we hunt???? Confused I can certainly understand someone wanting to keep private or stay low key and keep their face off of company websites, brochures, and the like. I can certainly respect that. Trophy hunting photos being detrimental to hunting's future.....give me a break!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
A wake up call?

Botswana/Okavango Delta:

Yeah. That's a prefect example of bribery and indoctrination by the antis!!! I'm not sure how we could have done that one differently aside from trying to get someone else elected.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smarterthanu:
quote:
A wake up call?

Botswana/Okavango Delta:

Do you really think pictures of you with a dead animal did that? I'm so sorry you are scared of some shmuck in Africa. Thats what 30 years of cowards like you, hiding from yourself, gets you. The next generation of anti-hunters will be even bolder because you voluntarily hid from your own mad up shame. Enjoy your futures boys.

Look at it whichever way you want. Not saying the pics did it but sure as hell are a contributing factor - fact remains neither you nor anyone else is going to be hunting the Okavango for a long spell.

Hey, post all the pictures you like, I for one don't really give a flying F..K - I've had my fair share and there isn't one damn bunny hugger going to take it away from me! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not saying the pics did it but sure as hell are a contributing factor

says who? People hiding what they are doing suggests shame.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
quote:

Exactly!! I post on another forum that is mostly politics, mostly right leaning. There is maybe one other poster on there that has actually hunted and that was deer.

If you care to read through 13 pages of the thread I think you will see that my hunt stories and answers to the questions that followed may have enlightened a few "neutral" folks to the benefit of conservation via hunting.

Thread

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Well said Frostbit.

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
quote:

Absolutely! Look at the photos you often see where the hunter's face has been blacked out or obscured...looks awfully suspicious, doesn't it?

The arguments and discussions that started when I brought my safari photos to work when I got back are still raging today...over a year later! I relish the opportunity to debate with the antis...most of the time all it takes to come out ahead is to remain calm while they descend into spittle-flying anger. You don't change these peoples' minds...but the neutral onlookers at these events listen and learn.

Calm and assertive: I am the Anti Whisperer.

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:
Calm and assertive: I am the Anti Whisperer.

Good show Ceasar!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fact is, this debate has shown several things for sure.

Some of us are not only proud of our heritage (hunting), who we are and what we do, but are unwilling to shiver in the face of those that don't like it, and will work to abolish it. We are always willing to stand up for what we believe in, and will not hide behind a screen name when confronted by the adversary!

Second, true life EXPERIENCE is not necessary to be an "expert". However, having the most elaborate website in the hunting world is!!

Third, AR members post pics/hunting reports for numerous reasons. Some for sharing (we all like that), some for advertising/business opportunities, and some for BOTH. For that, NO ONE ever owes an excuse or apology to anyone.

Fourth, "image theft" will be the death of the HUNTING INDUSTRY!!

Fifth, Incorrect, mis-guided and plain out false info has been perpetuated so much by some, as it pertains to lions & lion hunting in Africa, that many folks now have a complete false sense of what REALLY takes place. Lions in and around Kruger aren't wild, they're habituated?????? Big maned lions must be canned, regardless of where they come from?????? Shooting pen raised lions in Zambia/TZ/Zim/Moz is a frequent event??????

Sixth, PH's can be very experienced without any real evidence, and when asked for such, its frowned upon as being rude to your elders??????

Seventh and final, the ONLY real losers in all of this will be the lion. For that, I am sincerely sad! I hope we can ALL find a way to keep that from happening, regardless of our opinion on this thread.

P.S. - Bwanamich - You're right, most PH's have rarely shot much game themselves, unless it was backing up a client. However, I've never met one ever, that wasn't proud as punch to show off all his clients trophy photos, and rightfully so. Even your website is full of em!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote