THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Come on Over and Share Your Experiences at a New Forum
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Come on Over and Share Your Experiences at a New Forum
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
For all of the occasional histrionics and side-tracked threads, Accurate Reloading is nevertheless a welcome refuge from my daily grind. Saeed has provided all of us with a remarkable gift - free of advertising no less - that is as much a source of entertainment as it is a powerful tool for ensuring better hunts in the future.

When I think of AR and its many members I am reminded of a favorite quote:

"I have drunk from wells I did not dig; I have been warmed by fires I did not build."

Thank you, Saeed.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried to register for safari rifles but couldn't get on, it wouldn't recognize my email any suggestions

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dande_jack:
I tried to register for safari rifles but couldn't get on, it wouldn't recognize my email any suggestions

Hint hint Big Grin

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I registered with no problem. A friend of mine had issues similar to yours . Odd.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I find it hard to imagine a better site. There have been several that have tried....none have surpassed or even matched....

A special thanks to Saeed and Don for the best site on the web!

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DTala:
ZombieKiller must of gone to the ConradEverts School of Poise and Class....

...and flunked out.

I won't be visiting his site.

tu2

J. Lane Easter, DVM
DSC life member
DRSS

You sure Lane, probably some lions over there that need some saving. Maybe a few hunters you could tell how to do things...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
I registered with no problem. A friend of mine had issues similar to yours . Odd.

It is a ZOMBIE website, with unpredictable higher level functioning there, and the leader is a "zombie killer?" He seems to have shot himself in the foot, just practicing on himself?
Scared me off!

I am reaching for some Hornady ZOMBIE MAX ammo now ...

Seriously now, ZombieKiller's invitation resembles this:

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

At least he is not selling dirty shirts.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boliep:
quote:

At least he is not selling dirty shirts.

Oh Damn....

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
Douche nozzle of the highest caliber.

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasjohn:
Douche nozzle of the highest caliber.

Or smallest...just sayin....

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Interesting that our friend ZK is logging from a proxy servers that hide his IP address.

They point to servers in different countries.

We have had two occasions like this in the past.

One was our old friend Carmelo, who also started his own website.

The other was from a lady representing Out of Africa. Smiler

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just about sums him up then.

Why he didn't ask your permission,
use his real name or AR name and
just put up one post, god only knows.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Over the time I have been on AR, I have learned quite a lot about internet forums. One of, if not the most prominent being that some folks think that a "New" site will not end up having the same issues as the "Old" site, that is pure, unadulterated bsflag

Each and every site on the internet has its good points and its bad points.

The folks that start up the new sites honestly believe that their site will be the, "Be All/End All" of internet hunting/gun forums.

That includes the regional sites. In the end however, they all suffer the same fate. They get to heavy handed with their moderation, if for no other reason, members get to pushing the envelope and eventually lines have to be drawn and when the bannings start, all the internet buddies get their panties in a wad and leave the new site.

Folks, I earned me a two week vacation from this site, and I did not like it. Did I deserve it, yes, but, I was permanently banned from two regional sites for a hell of a lot less.

Is AR perfect, no, but at least AR gives everyone the benefit of the doubt for a while at least.

I do find it somewhat coincidental that this new site is introduced after the two discussions concerning Craig Boddington. JMO.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Interesting that our friend ZK is logging from a proxy servers that hide his IP address.

BE CAREFUL if this is Carmelo! In 2005 I had to change user names because I signed up on Carmelos site, before I knew about that guy, and I used the same username and password. The very same day somebody came on to AR under my handle and posted a bunch of crap.

Don was kind enough to research the hell out of it and could not place the IP address because of the same things Saeed is saying in his post. I am not internet savvy enough to understand it, much less explain it.

Honestly, if this is Carmelo I would be very hesitant to sign up on his site and if you do sign up DO NOT USE THE SAME INFO

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:

Besides I must stay on AR as I have a goal to accomplish: to go on a 2x1 hunt with Saeed with my friend Mark Sullivan as our PH!

Might I suggest a banteng hunt . . .

Cal,

May be we can ask Craig to write the story?
And Conrad Evart to do the video and set up a special website for us after clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Besides I must stay on AR as I have a goal to accomplish: to go on a 2x1 hunt with Saeed with my friend Mark Sullivan as our PH!...
Cheers, gents.
Cal

In the immortal words of Charlie Brown-

"Aarrrrghhh"

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Besides I must stay on AR as I have a goal to accomplish: to go on a 2x1 hunt with Saeed with my friend Mark Sullivan as our PH!

Cal,

'DEATH OF THE ZOMBIE KILLERS'

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cal,

Saeed:
Maybe we can generate some income selling our unwashed safari clothes, photos of the hunt, and the cartridge casings we killed our critters with!
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cal,

I would pay to see that happen.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It's all about the "Per Cap". His money increases with more members and hits. It's just about money!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a bit like having a party, then one of
your invitees announces that they are also
having a party down the road and everyone
should move to there.

Weird mind set is all I can say.

But will they be selling us Amway or mugging us at the party?
I find it hard to believe zk's motives are altruistic, so is it a site for selling or a site for stealing?

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post
I guess I would be the owner of the forum. I'm not Zombiekiller though. My computer skills leave a lot to be desired so I'm not the proxy server guy. As we speak I assume my url is being run right now to verify my statement. As most know I don't even own a cell phone and no clue what texting is nor do I want to learn.
I was petitioned by, well, I lost count at 18 fellas from several forums to set up this forum. I really didn't want to do it myself but thought it would be selfish just to think my time would outweigh the requests of the many. They wanted to call it Safari Rifles dot com but the url was $1600.00 www.safaririfles.net was considerably less. Most know here that at one time I had 10 or so tactical weapons forums about the net and knew I could set up a forum and still maintain civil content. Which is about the extent of my computer skills. That and posting pictures. Glance down just below this script and you can see several forums in the links in the signature. The new forum is disimilar in content and title to this forum. SAFARI RIFLES - ACCURATE RELOADING

So even after request I was still on the edge of setting up the forum. Yes I know that was selfish.
The tie breaker was I posted some pics of the .458 Winchester (we tried to sell here but never sold) of when we were coming home from our other place pulled over and shot it the desert. Pics of myself and the wife shooting the rifle were posted and some nasty remarks were made so I pulled the pics, sent GeorgeS a PM and requested if he could just delete the thread. I just thought I'd share a shooting adventure and the first time I posted pics here outside of the buy/sell section. The wife and I both thought this was conduct unbecoming. As a youth I clearly remember being in the crypto room at NORAD at 6 years old and over hearing the JAG saying "If you don't have anything good to say to someone, don't say it!" to a whole bunch of people. I seriously try hard to follow this. Thankfully I have had good roll models.
So the forum was started.......

I posted this awhile back. Pretty much fell on deaf ears. http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/6201070881/p/4
In response to this thread http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/6201070881/p/1
"I believe this to be one of the better forums around. I really haven't posted much here other than classifieds i.e. selling components buying a gun or buying a gun or buying components. I have over the years watch quite a few threads that start out civil and then turn into a quite heated conversation. I just assumed this was standard modus operandi for the forum and I choose to stand on the sidelines and watch/learn. I never questioned it. I just assumed it was acceptable. Yesterday was the first time I post a pics of of myself and the wife where we pulled off the highway and were shooting the .458 we decided not to sell.
For some reason they were disapproved of and condescending remarks were made. And from all places TX! (I find the Texans to be the most polite,FRIENDLY! well mannered folks on the planet. Let me just say this I love TX.) So I pulled them.
I also been accused of being thin skinned and sensitive but some of the comments would never be said to me face to face especially considering my stature. Wink
On a good note I find a majority of the text here quite edifying and with actual real time pics of Safari's. Much better than any book one could find.
As far as the Alpha male thing goes I own or have owned up to 14 different tactical weapons forums on the net so I guess that would probably have placed me in in the "Alpha Male" category, but I still comport myself in a civil manner here on AR.

The thing that I really find disturbing is the lack of female participation....
I posted this on another forum the other day.
"If we only had the females on our side also, we would be a voting force to be reckoned with. But like this and other forums they get rudely ran off and pretty much told. "LOL Run along honey and go bake some muffins". Girls don't belong here!" (Google it as they say and you'll find much more. Wink)

What's with this? I am not involved in most anything that doesn't have ones of the female gender involved.
OK, I have to edit this again. Wifey and her two GF's just said that "most men hate women". They were serious. They said "women keep them from doing them things they want to do". They said, "They see us as a road block"
Huh! I have never experienced this.
BOHICA......"

Several called my attention to this thread.
This was posted on the same thread. http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/6201070881/p/4
quote:
Originally posted by sheephunterab:
Why should people need thick skin...if this place isn't fun, enjoyable and informative...what's the point. There's nothing really to prove by seeing how much abuse you can withstand. Informed debates are good but it seems those with the least ammunition quickly resort to personal attacks......some feel that shouting the loudest makes them right....it doesn't.

Ouch! http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/4781046481/p/1

On a side note my wife asked me the other day who Saeed was here on the forum. I told her from what some others have mention he is a prince in Dubai. I think. Also the owner of the Accurate Reloading Forum. She said we met a prince from Dubai at some opulent venue my wife was invite to here in Vegas. (I'm just the driver.) The fella had three body guards in tow. She said he was really nice and the body guards were very pleasant. While we were sitting in front of the TV she did an Internet search and found a prince that was a minister of air defense? Or something like that. She said he looked familiar.

As far as people loosing their posts on Proboards that's not correct. My tech guy still has two of my forums we started and backed up on both PHP and V Bulletin. The reason I have script stored on Proboards is several forums over the years that I have seen have been hacked and cleaned out or almost cleaned out. 8 years ago M-14 Forum was continually being hacked. I called my tech guy and asked if he could help out and why the forum was being hacked. He told me there were several gates or windows any 13 year old hacker could get into. I asked him how long might it take you to get into that forum. He said IF I was a hacker an hour.......
So Proboards it was. I have never lost a post to this day.

I will have to agree with the other 18 or so fellas that prompted me to set this up. If fellow hunters do not post pics or don't tell about Safari's in fear of being insulted then part of history will be lost. We are all pretty long in the tooth so all will just die with them. One fella stated that one day there will no longer be any hunting in Africa.
I would like to see this info stored for future generations to see.
For the record I would like to state that I'm not trying to change existing policy here.

Any advertising revenue would barely pay for a a decent deer rifle and a decent scope.

The wife and I will be at SCI this years with her GF's in tow. Say hi if we cross paths. Smiler

Posts: 1073 | Registered: 10 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post
I forgot to post this.

BOHICA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who is Zombiekiller?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
Who is Zombiekiller?

I know who I hope it is! jumping

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who is Zombiekiller?

Bruce Willis?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I like the fact that women think that we don't like them, because they keep us from doing things ( hunting, fishing ) we like. Hmmm.
If any woman thinks that, then most likely they tried to impose some kinda control over man and when he didn't conform they threw pitch fit.
Have seen it thru the years over and over again all around me. It's nothing but a control issue in relationship and nothing to do with " men hate women"
You like something, you do it. As long as you don't hurt other people in the process.
If my Grand pappy The Neanderthal stayed in cave instead of going after mammoth, I'd still be stuck in cave too.
Yikes.
Go out and have fun and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
My take is, let him do his thing! Join his website and just lurk to see how the moderators there exercise their Gestapo arrest and deportation powers.

IMO, AR will gain ten new members per day after they get banned by that NAZI for disagreeing with anyone in power on that website.

I think ZK is a new account of a member now on AR, who took the advice to start his own website so he could ban anyone who didn’t agree lock step with his opinion on ANYTHING!
…………………………………………………………………………. 2020

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
My take is, let him do his thing! Join his website and just lurk to see how the moderators there exercise their Gestapo arrest and deportation powers.

IMO, AR will gain ten new members per day after they get banned by that NAZI for disagreeing with anyone in power on that website.

I think ZK is a new account of a member now on AR, who took the advice to start his own website so he could ban anyone who didn’t agree lock step with his opinion on ANYTHING!

I just checked. There is no Zombie killer as a member there and he is not the owner or even a moderator. I will do an internet search but I'm sure there is no such thing at the present date as Roman Soldiers, Goths, Vikings, Nazi's, Gestapo, Druids or Zombies. And just for the record there is no such thing as ghosts or aliens from other planets either. Also sir these forums cater to recreational sport hunting events and there is no malevolent entity suppressing anyone there. Your just assuming that. All that you posted is nonfactual and speculatory.

You might want to make it an announcement that anyone that wants to join another forum will need to check with you first. I'm going to go join a Bee Keeping Forum sometime next weeks so I guess I will need to ask permission here first. I do see that you have a club here and don't want to loose your members and posted disinformation to maintain control. http://www.DoubleRifleShootersSociety.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

BE CAREFUL if this is Carmelo! In 2005 I had to change user names because I signed up on Carmelos site, before I knew about that guy, and I used the same username and password. The very same day somebody came on to AR under my handle and posted a bunch of crap.

Don was kind enough to research the hell out of it and could not place the IP address because of the same things Saeed is saying in his post. I am not internet savvy enough to understand it, much less explain it.

Honestly, if this is Carmelo I would be very hesitant to sign up on his site and if you do sign up DO NOT USE THE SAME INFO

Drum,
YOu are paranoid. I think is was Ray Ray doing his best to help you sell mule deer hunts!!!!

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hint hint Big Grin

...................................................................Selective AIN'T THEY?

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
...................................................................Selective AIN'T THEY?

Did anybody expect anything less ?

I certainly didn't.

One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post
Surely some here read my post.

The Safari Rifle Forum belongs to me. Not the Zombie guy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duke

I was being a bit tongue in cheek
as I did read your post.

Do you know the Zombie guy ?
Have you sacked him from your forum yet ?

Because he didn't do you any favours !

One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505G:
Duke

I was being a bit tongue in cheek
as I did read your post.

Do you know the Zombie guy ?
Have you sacked him from your forum yet ?

Because he didn't do you any favours !

I don't know him or know of him as stated. Again he is not a member. You can check for yourself.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DUKE NUKEM:
quote:

I think ZK is a NEW ACCOUNT of a member now on AR, who took the advice to start his own website so he could ban anyone who didn’t agree lock step with his opinion on ANYTHING!

I just checked. There is no Zombie killer as a member there and he is not the owner or even a moderator. I will do an internet search but I'm sure there is no such thing at the present date as Roman Soldiers, Goths, Vikings, Nazi's, Gestapo, Druids or Zombies. And just for the record there is no such thing as ghosts or aliens from other planets either. Also sir these forums cater to recreational sport hunting events and there is no malevolent entity suppressing anyone HERE your just assuming that.

Well DUKE what brand is YOUR zombie rifle? Maybe you can tell us who ZombieKiller is! If you are not ZK, and you own that website then who ever he is he didn't do you any favor posting a recruitment here!

....................................................................... Big Grin

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think ZK is a NEW ACCOUNT of a member now on AR, who took the advice to start his own website so he could ban anyone who didn’t agree lock step with his opinion on ANYTHING!

I just checked. There is no Zombie killer as a member there and he is not the owner or even a moderator. I will do an internet search but I'm sure there is no such thing at the present date as Roman Soldiers, Goths, Vikings, Nazi's, Gestapo, Druids or Zombies. And just for the record there is no such thing as ghosts or aliens from other planets either. Also sir these forums cater to recreational sport hunting events and there is no malevolent entity suppressing anyone HERE your just assuming that.

Well DUKE what brand is YOUR zombie rifle? Maybe you can tell us who ZombieKiller is!

....................................................................... Big Grin

I do say sir. You are showing your true colors.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duke

I wouldn't waste my time checking if he is or isn't.

I have been to your web site / forum.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well DUKE what brand is YOUR zombie rifle? Maybe you can tell us who ZombieKiller is!

quote:
I do say sir. You are showing your true colors.

My true color is not believing anything ZK has to say when his AP skips around the world before landing here. That is a tactic to avoid identity what are we supposed to think. If you are the owner and don't know ZK then I apologize, but it seems most here find this a little strange and nobody seems to know this ZK so again STRANGE!

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith