THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Friday night AR Dinner at Dallas Safari Club... Sign up and get your ticket, please
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friday night AR Dinner at Dallas Safari Club... Sign up and get your ticket, please
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted
Okay, folks:

Here's the deal. Biebs and I have listened to lots of suggestions and since someone had to make a decision, here is what we decided (and we hope it''ll work for you:

The Umteenth Annual Accurate Reloading Friday Night Dinner will be again held January 4, 2013 at

Pappasito's Cantina #13
10433 Lombardy Ln.
Dallas, Texas 75220
website and map reference

A cash bar will be open from 6:30 to 7:00 and dinner will be the same-as-last-year buffet-syle thereafter (La Fiesta room). We have the room reserved from 6:30 to 9:00 so there will be plenty of time to drink good margaritas, lie, stare at pretty wives and girlfriends, etc. The bar will be open as long as we keep ordering so you can drink and eat to your hearts content.

Last year, we reserved the facility with a promise of 130 diners and about 30 didn't show, leaving a deficit of hundreds of dollars. This year, my name is on the contract and, after consultation with the secret committee, we'll sell tickets in advance which will be printed and sent to the buyer (and are transferable if you can't come, btw).

Using past experience, we have negotiated with the restaurant and I've guaranteed 80 folks and can expand that to 100 if that many tickets get sold. Your spot is reserved when posted below, but confirmed with a your ticket being mailed which should be the day after a check is received... that said, I would like to keep a running list here on this tread of whom has reserved and promised to send funds to me. Be advised, those from overseas will get a special dispensation because of mailing delays, P.H. responsibilites in the bush, etc. I'll save a few spots for those from afar if they state that they are coming and are making arrangements to get money to me... i.e., you tell me that you're going to get a buddy/client here in the states to buy you a ticket (and reimburse him when you get here).

The price will be $21 per person. I think it well worth the price, especially since Biebs will table dance and we get to see bloody britches from Louisanna ... Begno, don't bring them again, please. Big Grin

If you want to come, please note on this thread when the check is in the mail (and that you will still love me in the morning) Personal checks ar fine, of course.

Ernest Gilbert AR Party
103 Middleton Place
St. Simons Island, GA 31522

...is the address and the first line should be the payee, please.

For those of you who have never been to the Friday night party...

It is open only to those who have either attended or have not attended. No exceptions unless your name starts with a letter between "a" and "z".

Papasitoes is a great big Tex-Mex restaurant that puts on a great buffet for us with about 12 different buffet items from shrimp to nachoes. Everyone can find something they like from the spread provided, I believe.

Papasitoes is in a safe neighborhood and traditonally folks ride together from the Comfort Inn, the show or downtown hotels to save taxi fare. Use this thread to seek rides or share rental cars if you wish, btw.

We'll have a private room with plenty of seating and you will have a good time putting faces with names. We'll have ID tags so you can paste your handle here and be recognized, if you wish... or you can go incognito and be a stealth diner???

The Saturday night party is at the Comfort Inn and is more of a cocktail party nature with lots of great snacks and venison jerky, etc. One doesn't detract from the other in my simple mind and I have always done both with no little fun at either. I've met some of my best friends and hunting buddies at thesw events that started at my hotel room back in 2001 or so... and they have morphed into two great and fun times for sharing our love for Africa. I think anyone coming to DSC should do at least one, and here is your opportunity to get aboard for the Friday night event.

If anyone has any negative comments about the venue, the food available, me, my spelling, the price or is in the witness protection program and needs a wig and a dress to attend, please do so by P.M. instead of trashing up this thread. I still have a 9 to 5 job and it will take long enough to weed through the "Check's in the mail!" and "I need a ride" comments to keep track to who's coming.

One great tradition about AR parties from the first one to the last.... we don't fuss at each other there. We all have different opinions about rifles, women, politics, contract cancellations, etc., but all that is forgotten for a few days and we just be gentleman and ladies, every one.

I look forward to seeing the regulars and some new guys, too. Remember, it's first come, first serve!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I've received a couple of reservations by p.m.
Please make them on this thread as I'd like one source to count.

So, the count is

2 with 98 to go.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ernest, I'll be busy that night...sorry :0(

JUST KIDDIN! Count me in for 1. Check out today.

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be there if I can get a ride as Frank and Joyce are otherwise committed.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ernest
The check is litteraly in the mail.
Put me down for 2: Cecil & Jean Leonard

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I'll be in Mexico, you guys have fun!

Drummond

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
6 positive responses, 94 to go.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bloody britches et ux will be there.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dulcinea and Boss!!

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Ernest,

Is it possible to drop in for drinks? We will be a big contingent at the show so I don't know the plan for our time but I'd like to come and share a beer with you guys as I am sure Dig and Adam would too.

Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
I'm going to make it this year

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2012 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Joyce & I will NOT attend the Friday night dinner (got an invitation to the ACGG dinner), but will be at the Saturday night gathering at the Comfort Inn. However, we will make sure Ed has a ride to the Friday night dinner just in case he has pissed off someone throughout this year so they can sit with him.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Reserve 2 please, for myself and Miss Terry.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, we will make sure Ed has a ride to the Friday night dinner just in case he has pissed off someone throughout this year so they can sit with him.

Frank, we'd need a whole separate table for that :-)

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
cindy and i will be there... 2, please

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Question:
The map does not do much good if not from there. I'd like a pair of tickets. How far from Holiday Inn at Market Square? Do I need a rental car or public transportation?
Cheers,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Cal,
Count on a cab or rental. Public transportation is not that good here. Others might be at the same hotel and you might be able to split the ride. However, it shouldn't take too long to get there.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just in case the margaritas are good, I'll catch a cab.
Cab fare is cheap compared to a DUI.
Plus there's that whole thing about not wanting to kill or mame some innocent bystander.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Sure, is the answer to the below. Please do send me an address, name, etc. and I'll get you a "no meal" tickest. I believe that access for a head count will end at 7:00 so come for drinks from 6:30 to 7:00.

quote:
Originally posted by Fallow Buck:
Ernest,

Is it possible to drop in for drinks? We will be a big contingent at the show so I don't know the plan for our time but I'd like to come and share a beer with you guys as I am sure Dig and Adam would too.

Kiri

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I believe we have 17 reservations with 83 still available... and fout more pretty sure with a guy production who is checking with his crew but not quite ready to commit).... so say 21 and 79 available.

If you need to share a cab, when we get a little closer to the date, I'm sure you can make a plan here to share transport.

For instance, I'll be leaving the show/Omni about 6 to make sure I'm there from the get-go. I won't have a car and if I know my wife and daughter, they'll be coming about 30 minutes later than me. And, for your information, the Comfort Inn is between the convention center/Omni/Magnolia/ALoft and Papasito's.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Peggy and I will be there! Funds on the way!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank, I knew you would find a way to get even (Idon't know what for) you will get me there and then?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Cal
Peggy and I can give you a ride to the dinner.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need 4 reservations. For Tim Garrett/High Caliber Productions.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Who and where do I send to? I'll take two tickets.
Cal
PS. Thanks Rusty for the offer.
Also, I'll only go if you sit me next to Biebs.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal, with your appetite, tickets are $135 :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here you go Cal.
Send check to:
quote:
Ernest Gilbert AR Party
103 Middleton Place
St. Simons Island, GA 31522

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Bwana:
Thanks and I'm going to the post this am to mail 30 bore rifle books out. I will also post a check for $42.

Biebs:
With the Herculean physique of yours I hear many admirers speak of, you will eat for free. And, going back to your comments of manhood and penis envy regarding my post on a .600 only hunt, bring your .17 Remington for all to see.

I look forward to meeting all of you gents.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs for sure I'll take the first table to go thru the buffett line! Big Grin Also you are welcome at my table, and I'll give you the privilege of buying the drinks for the evening. dancing

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
DOJ,
Don't I get to sit at the first table going through the line like last year? Hosting Saturday night's party ought to give me some pull (hah).

Judge G,
Two tickets for me please. Check is about to go to post office when I get off web. Oh, and I will still love you in the morning. Wink
Also, from the Comfort Inn, I'll have room to take two people with me to the dinner.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
25 and 75 to go! Dang... I forgot myself, Sandy and Emmy! 28 and 72 to go....

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Judge

My crowd will be there. 7 Total, right now. Check going out tomorrow.

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
32 and 68 to go

Some of the items for supper: "The La Fiesta menu has a buffet of Beef and Chicken Fajitas, Pork Ribs, Jalapeño Sausage, and Brochette Shrimp." (All of which is great, but the ribs and shrimp are especially delicious, IMHO)

One of Us
Picture of Pulicords
posted Hide Post
Judge: I'll be attending and the check is in the mail!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Tanzania 2012: http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/8331015971
Saskatoon, Canada 2013: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4121043/m/7171030391
Las Pampas, Argentina 2014: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4107165/m/1991059791

Posts: 260 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: 19 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge,

Robin and I will be attending again this January. I'll send out the check in the morning.

John and Robin Weaver

Posts: 87 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Kristie and I will be there. 2 tickets please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
we're at the magnolia with a 4 dr pickup in case anybody else needs a ride...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RBHunt and Spouse - check mailed.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
39 according to my math with 61 available.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Now 40 and 60.