THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Friday night AR Dinner at Dallas Safari Club... Sign up and get your ticket, please
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friday night AR Dinner at Dallas Safari Club... Sign up and get your ticket, please
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
For anyone else who may want to come at the last minute:

I'll leave my cell phone at the AR hospitality room that DSC has so kindly set up.

Or you can find it on most Mensroom walls throughout the country :-)

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Hey, don't knock it. It's how we met.

quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:
For anyone else who may want to come at the last minute:

I'll leave my cell phone at the AR hospitality room that DSC has so kindly set up.

Or you can find it on most Mensroom walls throughout the country :-)

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I see this thread is getting the most traffic in regards to the dinner so I'll repost my comment from the 'drawing' thread.

--

Well...my book isn't about African hunting, but a portion of it has to do with Africa.

If that's ok, I'd like to donate 10 copies of my book (All Ratings Authorized, The Extraordinary Flying Career of Capt. Harry Bernard)for the dinner. I will not be able to make it, I'll be at SCI this year but I know the DSC show will be a good time.

If anyone is in Seattle and flying out of SeaTac, I live close to the airport and could meet you somewhere near there. Otherwise I could mail them Priority in the hopes they make it by Friday to someone's hotel room.

Either way, just let me know and I'll either get them in the mail tomorrow ( Monday), or make a plan to meet someone.

Cheers,

Baxter

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Judge,

I will be able to make it. I need a spot of two if we have it?

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I need a spot of two if we have it?

Ed

Yes, Ed...we'll let just about ANYBODY in :-)

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
THanks Jon--do I just need to catch one of you at the show--before hand?

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG will have the tickets at the show on Friday. His cell number is posted at the start of this thread. Glad to have you make it!

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Baxter sent u a pm.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge, just use my ticket for someone as I won't be in Dallas this year. I lost my wife last night.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear, my prayers are with you.

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.
My payers are with you.
Best
Steve

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Judge,
Peggy has re-injured her back and we will not be able to travel. Please give my tickets to anyone needing them, even Ed.!

Y'all have fun!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

Damn the luck. I was looking forward to visiting with you. Give Peggy my best and tell her to get well.

Mike

Posts: 21682 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Judge.... If you have four tickets avalable still I am interested. Text me or EM me and I will hook up and pay you.

Thanks
Mac

Mac

Posts: 1746 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Of course you can come. P.M. sent and I'll try to call when the sun comes up.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Judge,
I need one more ticket for Nigel Theisen. PM sent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37783 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge give mine to Lane.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Thanks for everyone putting this together. Had a good time....

Mac

Posts: 1746 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
clap for the dinner organizers...especially JudgeG!

Great time, good food, and the BEST company!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37783 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Hope the dinner was great boys. Sorry I missed DSC. Safe travels!

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post

Nigel Theisen and I (and the back half of Michael.458) at the AR dinner.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had a great time! Thanks to any & all that had a hand in it.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
How I wish thatI could attend the meeting and the dinner with you guys. Maybe next year!

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thenie Meanie
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness! dancing
I just received my 4 tickets to the AR Dinner!!!
clap
Thank you to CrossL and Hook who kindly shared their many years of wisdom and life experience and advised me to send a self addressed stamped envelope and extra funds to cover expedited processing!!!

cuckoo

“What day is it,?" asked Pooh.
"It's today," squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day," said Pooh.”

Posts: 63 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
For next January's dinner, let's have a 21$ dinner closer than a 60$ round trip cab ride.
Will enjoy seeing you all again.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
For next January's dinner, let's have a 21$ dinner closer than a 60$ round trip cab ride.
Will enjoy seeing you all again.
Cal

Be careful making suggestions Cal or they'll put you in charge of this shindig!

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal, thank you for stepping up to handle next years dinner.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All in agreement say "Yea" :-)

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
YEA!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll second the motion. Big Grin

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet Cal never even saw the train comming.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Dear Cal:

The torch is well passed. Congratulations and rest assured that trying to please 100 AR folks is as easy a dog passing a belly full of peach pits. You'll have fun!

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
It was the pain meds speaking
It was the pain meds speaking
Seriously,
Living in AK I am a bit removed from Dallas but I will offer my assistance with next year's dinner.
Cheers,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal
I'm sure that if you will provide all of your credit card details (preferably one not maxed out) to someone living closer to Big D, they'll be glad to handle things for you.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seroiously Cal with the internet and phones you don't have to be near Dallas. I did the party and dinner for a couple of years from up here in Pa.. I think it is an unwritten AR rule if you have serious suggestions it is incumbant on the suggester to implement his suggestions by doing what needs to be done to implement his suggestions. Confused Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal
What you should have said, "Lets have the dinner in Fort Worth & lets find a really expensive place that serves crummy food", then you would have avoid voluteering to head up the dinner for next year.
And if anybody gets any cute ideas of putting this responcibility on me, that is exactly what I'll do.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If people are interested in going to Ft Worth, I know a great place with great food and it is not inexpensive!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am just glad that Thenie finally received the tickets I was asked about at the dinner---

See- she did order them-and I think over paid and was due change-look up Athena McClean

wave

posted 26 December 2012 21:03 Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
Judge, I will cover Steve416's ticket so add him to the list, I'll get a check out today.

lee440:
Thank you, but Retreiver has promised to cover him and I sent that ticket today to Mike. If, somehow, I get two checks for Steve416, I'll tear up the second and let the party who wrote it know what happenned.

Here is the list of checks that I have received (including Steve416). If you have sent money and have your ticket(s) haven't arrived, p.m. me please.

EG 4
RK 2
LL 2
WC 1
GPB 2
TR 2
JB 2
JW 2
GMS 1
JMB 1
KPP 2
CL 2
MLB 2
CP 2
MMc 7
JLE 2
AMc 4 I owe you $16, btw.
ES 1

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
BC:
Sound wisdom!
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa