THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Friday night AR Dinner at Dallas Safari Club... Sign up and get your ticket, please
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friday night AR Dinner at Dallas Safari Club... Sign up and get your ticket, please
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
I should just stay away from this thread - sure wish I could make the trip this year. thumbdown

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got my tickets.
Now, bring on the margaritas & the senoritas!!!!!!!!!!!!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Michael458,
After meeting you last year, I will agree with you. I'm in the same boat. Maybe that's why we all had fun!?!?!
Now, If I get a taste of your "pie" (the rest of you clean up your minds), maybe we can then ignore those who claim to be saner. And RIP can be standing by with emergency care. Wink

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
JUDGE G!!!
Just had the person who was to accompany me back out. Keep the extra money if it is needed, otherwise add it to Saturday Night's party fund.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Getting down to the wire. Look forward to another great show and party.

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just booked by dallas ticket - count me in - will send a check today

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Still looking for a few checks. And, as I said, if you are contemplating making a reservation, please p.m. me and we'll make it happen.

Me and mine are looking forward to seeing all those coming on the 4th!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ernest: Be sure to let us know at what gate you will arrive so we can pick you up. MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!
Frank

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Judge, -Mailed a few days ago maybe today or tomorrow.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Mike:

It came yesterday. Merry Christmas to you and yours from the Gilberts!

quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
Judge, -Mailed a few days ago maybe today or tomorrow.

Mike

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
We'll certainly let you know! We'll have Sandy, me, Emmy and her fellow, Christian. Can you do four? We don't mind being squooze some?

What a great treat for the 7th year? Getting picked up by the Bellers!

quote:
Originally posted by Frank Beller:
Ernest: Be sure to let us know at what gate you will arrive so we can pick you up. MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!
Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge. Would love to attend if seats still available?
Can't get you a check from Singapore in time but am good to turn up if that works for you.
Merry Christmas
Steve

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Judge:
My tickets arrived--thanks. I have a couple from Little Rock that would like to attend. What is the best way to get them tickets at this short notice?
Cheers,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got em. See everybody there.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Judge:
My tickets arrived--thanks. I have a couple from Little Rock that would like to attend. What is the best way to get them tickets at this short notice?
Cheers,
Cal

Payment in Zim $ only.

Each for Zim$ 100,000,000,000!

No DISCOUNTS!

Surcharge if you arrive late at the table! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68662 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Everyone and Cal:

First, Cal:

Absolutely no problem to make it happen. P.M. sent. We have plenty of time for mailing checks. I don't care if they "cross". I'm not leaving until the morning of January 4th, so just send me funds for the new folks a.s.a.p. The more the merrier!

Everyone:

What I'm trying to not have to do is simple. I have three folks coming with me to Dallas, one for the first time. I'm meeting some other folks for their first trip. We're all going to some of the DSC stuff (I'm a life member) which we wish to enjoy without any stresses.

I don't want to have to look for someone and be a "collector" if I can help it. I want to be able to show up at Papasito's at 6:15 or so on the 4th, welcome everyone and have a good time with the bill already paid in full.

So.. if any of you want to come, let me know now and SEND THE MONEY! Big Grin

Of course, I'll get a couple of extra reservations for anyone who is a last minute attendee (after I beat them with a wet noodle or something)... we can afford that and I can live with a couple of payments at DSC or even the door if necessary... But let's make it as few as possible. Okay?

So, if you're coming, let me know here or by P.M. and you can send a check to the former address in an earlier post or better yet, to

Ernest Gilbert
AR Party
1801 Gloucester Street
Suite E
Brunswick, GA 31520

I don't mind if your check and the tickets cross in the mail.

Now, all explained and smiling... Let's get to 80 folks... we're really close and we get the best deal with that number!

quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Judge:
Cheers,
Cal

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Judge, I will cover Steve416's ticket so add him to the list, I'll get a check out today.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
Judge, I will cover Steve416's ticket so add him to the list, I'll get a check out today.

lee440:
Thank you, but Retreiver has promised to cover him and I sent that ticket today to Mike. If, somehow, I get two checks for Steve416, I'll tear up the second and let the party who wrote it know what happenned.

Here is the list of checks that I have received (including Steve416). If you have sent money and have your ticket(s) haven't arrived, p.m. me please.

EG 4
RK 2
LL 2
WC 1
GPB 2
TR 2
JB 2
JW 2
GMS 1
JMB 1
KPP 2
CL 2
MLB 2
CP 2
MMc 7
JLE 2
AMc 4 I owe you $16, btw.
ES 1
HM 2
CD 1
TG 4
MN 2
RG 2
RT 3
JB 2 for K and W
BE 2
KB 2
SR 1
LK 1
MP 2
Steve416 2 via Retriever (mailed ticket today)
MS 1
ILW 1

Some other folks have told me that the check is in the mail and they'll be added appropriately.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ernest, what's the confirmed head count at this point?

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Biebs:

I should be a bit over 70 if everyone who as p.m.'ed that they've actually sent a check (not just promised that they will) Big Grin has done so.

We'll have a good crowd, but I'll like about 10 more

Steve416:
Mike (Retriever) will have your ticket. He'll be hanging out at Pierr'e von Tonder's booth, I assume, and even if you two don't get together, I'll just meet you at the entrance to the room where we'll be having supper. You're in and, of course, win the Bridges from the Far East (or Singapore-Northern Nuevo Laredo) Award for coming the most distance to drink a margarita! First one's on me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gents. Much appreciated.
If there is another ticket available then I will take it.
Looking forward to that Margo!

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge,

I just found out that we will be attending DSC. If it is not too late, I'd like 3 spots for dinner for me and my 2 boys. I can put a check in the mail tomorrow.

Let me know.

TBD

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Texas Blue Devil:

You're in. Just get a check in the mail today and I'll send the tickets to you this morning... if you P.M. me your address.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve416:
Thanks Gents. Much appreciated.
If there is another ticket available then I will take it.
Looking forward to that Margo!

P.M. sent to Steve416.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I just received a check from MS and will comply with his request.

We, with some adjustments, have 69 paid with several more checks expected.

One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
Judge:

Check going out tomorrow am, sending to the latest address you listed, for 3.

sorry so late its just been one of those (few) weeks.

Posts: 132 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Judge

I just booked a ticket to the show.

Is there any room left for dinner?

I will send a PM with my information.

Posts: 234 | Location: Northern Ontario | Registered: 25 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I've got you on the list and have sent you a reply via p.m. with the details of how to accomplish it.

quote:
Originally posted by ilw:
Hi Judge

I just booked a ticket to the show.

Is there any room left for dinner?

I will send a PM with my information.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got back from a Christmas trip to Main, found my ticket waiting in the mailbox. I am ready to go have some fun. Lets get the party started.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
got my tickets.. we'er at the magnolia in case anybody needs a ride... ive got a 4dr chevy pickup...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Okay, everyone who is interested in the party...

Yes, you can still make a reservation by p.m. and we'll meet on the convention floor, coordinated by cell phone. Just send me a "private message" and we'll trade numbers. I think my email is listed at my profile, too.

I made reservations for 80 when we began this thing and we have a bit over 70 paid. We'll be okay money-wise, I think, even with that...

It does, however, give us some spaces available for those who have decided to come to DSC at the last minute or whatever.

P.M. me and I'll figure out how to get you a ticket at the show. I'll have some extras in my pocket for any last minute decisions to come or if you invite a P.H. or outfitter, a raffle ticket cutie or whatever at the show. I'll even check my p.m.'s by smartphone so if you don't have my cell number, that's okay, too. Find a computer and let me know you're coming, even up to time for cocktails. This is about having fun...

BTW, I really appreciate you folks living up to your promises to send checks. It will make it easier for the next guy to take a big breath and commit for a few thousand bucks so we can get together for margaritas and supper (or whatever the "host committe" decides for next year). AR is a good fraternity and even though my faith waivered a bit for a while, my belief in y'all is rekindled.

Let's get ready to rumble!... as my mentor Mills Lane used to say... Party Time!!!!!

And remember one last and most important rule. We all recognize that AR members are the smartest people in the world. Each one of us knows more about being a good husband, how good or bad is the POTUS, the Congress and what's best for the United States, common sense, how to raise children, the benefits or horrors of unions, the dynasty of the Clintons and the religions of the Romney's... who should get thrown out of the P.H. business or whatever than any other human on earth.

Let's leave those things to the various threads and try to dwell on the positive aspects of camaraderie with folks who love safari. We've always been able to do it for one evening... and also on Saturday night at the Comfort Inn. Keep being gentlemen and ladies... at least this coming weekend!!!

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Judge,
Are we going to have the "drawing" as we have had in years past? The one where we bring books and other items we don't need to give to "winners"? If so, I might bring a few items.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Good idea ! You're in charge! I'm in a deer stand, btw.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's almost DSC time...and "Here's comes da Judge"!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge sent you a PM about dinner tickets.

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I will catch up with on Friday during the day.

Take care,

Posts: 234 | Location: Northern Ontario | Registered: 25 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
weather friday, sat and sunday, hi is in upper 50's, low is lower 30's, no rain...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Anyone want a last minute reservation? Just P.M. me. Having a few more will be just fine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Anyone want a last minute reservation? Just P.M. me. Having a few more will be just fine.

Got your PM! Thanks for all the effort to make this happen.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Bradley: I got your check for three! You can call me on the floor Friday afternoon at the number provided by p.m. or just show at the Dinner.

For anyone else who may want to come at the last minute:

I'll leave my cell phone at the AR hospitality room that DSC has so kindly set up. You can call me and I'll be somewhere at the show anytime after noon on Friday (probably fending off efforts by Sandy to get me to buy her a fur or jewelry or something).