THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Friday night AR Dinner at Dallas Safari Club... Sign up and get your ticket, please
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friday night AR Dinner at Dallas Safari Club... Sign up and get your ticket, please
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dulcinea:
Jerry,

Are you up for another late night ride through Dealy Plaza(the wrong way).

Dulcinea and Mrs, DOJ, Frank and Joyce Beller, and others.

Dulcinea

i gotta admit, that was an interesting trip back to the hotel-2 blocks the wrong way down a one way street, followed by a U run in the middle of the block- on a Friday night in downtown Dallas!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13390 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put me down for 2 places, check is "in the mail".
Thanks

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be at the Comfort Inn...so bring your earplugs :-)

Posts: 20157 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
71 and 29 remaining.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put me down for one please. I'll put a check in the mail tomorrow.

Sam

Posts: 2837 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will come if Ray Ray and Drummond are coming. I want to see a food fight.

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Biebs,
Dave Deveau and I will be sharing a room at the Comfort Inn. We might have a contest between you and Dave as to which one of you snores the loudest.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Seventy-two and twenty-eight.

Send the checks, please, those who promised to do so. If you've already got one in the mail, or in my hand awaiting deposit, we're looking forward to seeing you and you'll get your ticket as so as I recover from moving my office location and begin finding stuff again!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Tickets should be in had on Tuesday for me to mail out.

Again.... please, please send the check if you have committed to come. I'll put down a list (just initials, I guess) of whose checks I've received today when I get to the office.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Jerry et al you guys never complained that I was not giving a comfortable and scenic drive and yes I was only going one way. The wrong way. shocker
Raised your blood pressure.
Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Checks that I have received and cashed (running total, modified as received):
EG 4
RK 2
LL 2
WC 1
GPB 2
TR 2
JB 2
JW 2
GMS 1
JMB 1
KPP 2
CL 2
MLB 2
CP 2
MMc 7
JLE 2
AMc 4 I owe you $16, btw.
ES 1
HM 2
CD 1
TG 4
MN 2
RG 2
RT 3
JB 2 for K and W
BE 2
KB 2
SR 1
LK 1
MP 2
Steve416

Check my math again, Ed.

As you can see, there are 66 that have paid and there are 70+ reservations made above.

We have committed to 80 (there were over 100 attendees last year). I don't want to pay for folks who don't send payment (actually, I don't care if you don't show up if you send me money Big Grin, more food for me!)

So, let's get the money to me or the wife will be angry for my taking on this thing again.... and no one in their right mind will volunteer next year to collect the funds, the Texas economy will fail without AR's support and Arkansas will beat the Aggies... and Biebs will have to move from New Jersey to Austin and run for Governor or something.

Now avoid those horrors, sign on (we've still got room), send money, come to the party and eat, drink and be merry with some pretty good AR guys and gals!

If you have sent a check and your initials (or your wife's) aren't above, let me know, please.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Math good, ain't it fun. You know this is a privilage to org this event, eh.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back up!

Posts: 20157 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge,
I gave a check for (2) to my office manager on mon. She probably mailed it tues. came from northern VA. You should get it soon.
Brent

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Come on guys, send the Judge your check or withdraw your reservation! flame

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I got it on Friday and added you to the above!

quote:
Originally posted by brent ebeling:
Judge,
I gave a check for (2) to my office manager on mon. She probably mailed it tues. came from northern VA. You should get it soon.
Brent

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
the Texas economy will fail without AR's support and Arkansas will beat the Aggies... and Biebs will have to move from New Jersey to Austin and run for Governor or something.

shocker faint By all means...PLEASE...PAY UP!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37743 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge
Sending my check tomorrow
Just back from Safari
I have to go I am carrying Biebs around.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello
If somebody will need a ride I will have my car there.
Can take maybe 4 others
Let me know
Elk88101@hotmail.com
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs AND kinkey Friedman that would be a ticket.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I LOVE the Kinkster!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG, what's the count and collection looking like? We're down to less than 3 weeks! Wow!

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I have received checks for 62 with two more having been confirmed as being sent.

We've had about 10 more reservations and monies not sent, it seems.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK...we're getting there.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Okay, here's the progress:

First, if your initials are in the post a few above this one, you were mailed your tickets today. Just be careful when you open the letter because they are loose in the envelope and subject to being torn... but who cares, I'll take slightly buggered ones if you tape them together or something. And, if you lose the things, I'll still let you in because I have the paid list.

The tickets are just to get folks to pay in advance so those of us trying to arrange the supper don't get burnt by folks who say they'll pay upon arrival and don't show.

I've had several discussions with the "party coordinator" at Papasito's. She'll work with us until a few days before our supper about a last minute addition or two, but we still need about 10 tickets bought that have been spoken for.... so, what I'm saying, I guess, if we want this thing to continue in future years, live up to your promise and get me some money... and if you want to come and have not yet told me so, P.M. me and I still may be able make it happen so long as you do so by January 2nd... But I'd really appreciate it if you'd do it sooner instead of later. Roll Eyes

I sure would like to see 80 folks there... I can cut off the reservation for supper at a lesser figure (and most certainly "dis-include" those who said they would come and haven't paid)... and thereby not personally suffer a huge loss, but let's get together again at Papasito's. Cutting the number also means we might not have the same room as last year. So... Send me some money!!!

Does this make any sense? Probably not. I just got through licking 50 envelopes.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Gents:
The Friday night dinner will be a pleasure putting faces with the names and monikers on this site.

On another note, some folks on AR (10-12) have asked me if I will bring some of my British Bore Rifle and .600 Nitro Express books to Dallas. I am, and will hand deliver to anyone at the show to save you postage had I mailed from Alaska. I will be at the African Hunter Magazine booth most of the time.

I will also bring a few to the Friday dinner for examination and can bring yours there if you wish. Just PM me or email through my website <calpappas.com>

Cheers all,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Okay, here's the progress:

First, if your initials are in the post a few above this one, you were mailed your tickets today. Just be careful when you open the letter because they are loose in the envelope and subject to being torn... but who cares, I'll take slightly buggered ones if you tape them together or something. And, if you lose the things, I'll still let you in because I have the paid list.

The tickets are just to get folks to pay in advance so those of us trying to arrange the supper don't get burnt by folks who say they'll pay upon arrival and don't show.

I've had several discussions with the "party coordinator" at Papasito's. She'll work with us until a few days before our supper about a last minute addition or two, but we still need about 10 tickets bought that have been spoken for.... so, what I'm saying, I guess, if we want this thing to continue in future years, live up to your promise and get me some money... and if you want to come and have not yet told me so, P.M. me and I still may be able make it happen so long as you do so by January 2nd... But I'd really appreciate it if you'd do it sooner instead of later. Roll Eyes

I sure would like to see 80 folks there... I can cut off the reservation for supper at a lesser figure (and most certainly "dis-include" those who said they would come and haven't paid)... and thereby not personally suffer a huge loss, but let's get together again at Papasito's. Cutting the number also means we might not have the same room as last year. So... Send me some money!!!

Does this make any sense? Probably not. I just got through licking 50 envelopes.

well, my second check went out yesterday and surely at least one of them will arrive soon!
gotta love the USPS at holiday time.. shocker

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13390 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
looking fwd to dinner....and desserts...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2840 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
C'Mon everyone,get signed up and get your money in. Last year we had to pass the hat for the number "no-shows" who said they would be there and weren't. Its lots of fun and excellent food. As an extra-special bonus, I'll give five minutes of free therapy to all who attend. Eeker
jumping

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:
C'Mon everyone,get signed up and get your money in. Last year we had to pass the hat for the number "no-shows" who said they would be there and weren't. Its lots of fun and excellent food. As an extra-special bonus, I'll give five minutes of free therapy to all who attend. Eeker
jumping

I will donate my 5 minutes to Doc M----

sofa

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
To all my AR friends, This year will be my 10th year of attendance of the DSC convention. I have made a heck of a lot of friends and new ones every year.
Welcome aboard to all new members and looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.
The first get together was a dinner with around a dozen AR members. The first Party was in judges hotel room. Boy have we outgrown that.
Here are some pics of dinners and party get
together's.

Mims welcoming AR members

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess the name "Motley Crew" is already taken, huh? :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, one guy doesn't have gray hair!!!!!!

Oh, never mind, he's the waiter :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Less than 2 weeks to DSC 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
More get together pics.

AR Room at the convention

Two great double gun shooters

DSC president with some more of us AR guys

Some great bulls and some bull throwers

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent my check to you for two tickets on December the 4th. Am I to receive the tickets in the mail or do I get them at Dallas?

Posts: 791 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Hoot:
They were mailed earlier this week. Somewhere in the above messages it should reflect that. the HM initials are yours, I reckon.

Everyone:
I've been updating that list as checks have come in. I've got a couple more to post and will do that and get those tickets out today.

If, for any reason, you don't get yours (or anyone else), I've certainly got names on the paid list and you'll get your bacon-wrapped Mexican-grilled shrimp.

Looking forward to seeing you and yours!

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cross L:
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:
jumping

I will donate my 5 minutes to Doc M----

sofa

Let's see, that would give me a full 10 minutes! No, I am sorry, most here will tell you that 10 minutes of therapy won't even begin to start to sort me out! In fact, I think I am beyond all help in that area.
LOL...........

Judge, received my tickets yesterday I believe! Thank you, and look forward to seeing all you guys!
Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
JudgeG:

Clara and I got our tickets yesterday, thanks. We are flying into Dallas a little early to visit family and will probably attend the DSC New Year party. We will definitely be at the Wednesday opener at Gilley's. Anyone else plan on attending either event?

Wishes to everyone for a Safe and Merry Christmas as well as a Helthy and Prosperous New Year! See ya'll in Dallas!

Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Opened up two tickets in mail today, thanks Judge! I do appreciate all of the effort.

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote