THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Martin Pieters Safaris - A Troubling Experience
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martin Pieters Safaris - A Troubling Experience
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I will tell you something.

Martin has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, and he had a lot of chances to correct them.

He did not.

Because of that, I would avoid him at any cost.

Frankly, I will have absolutely nothing to do with anything Martin is involved in.

Sean has done a great job trying to get Chete back on track, but I think he is making a mistake taking on Martin as some sort of partner in the hunting business.

I know a number of people who would avoid dealing with any company in which Martin is part of.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67008 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
There is a proverb in Zambia

The Lion is the story teller not the sheep.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I will tell you something.

Martin has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, and he had a lot of chances to correct them.

He did not.

Because of that, I would avoid him at any cost.

Frankly, I will have absolutely nothing to do with anything Martin is involved in.

Sean has done a great job trying to get Chete back on track, but I think he is making a mistake taking on Martin as some sort of partner in the hunting business.

I know a number of people who would avoid dealing with any company in which Martin is part of.

Sage advice.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Too many Great outfitters in Zim to hunt with rather than taking a chance with MPS, IMO.

Mac

Posts: 1726 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SafariSean:
Damn right I am and Ross Jackson was and still is being treated unfairly. You see anyone else charged with a crime anywhere as a result of that hunt?? AND what do this have to do with Martin setting things right as they should be? You post a lot of opinion here where do you get your information? How much of last year did you spend in Africa? I spent 65 days plus a little holiday time at the Namibian Coast and I come by my information first hand and know the people involved. What I don't do is sit at my computer thousands of miles away and judge people I leave that to fellows of your type. I don't have time to do any more than I am doing and even if I did I wouldnt spend it criticizing from the sidelines. Have a nice day SEAN

Talk about ego getting in the way ... you're not doing yourself any favors.

I don't spend a lot of time in Africa as I'm only going on my fifth safaris since 2008 this year (one with MPS). And maybe I don't know much about Africa but I do know that I get to decide who I spend my safari money with.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Taking on MPS as a partner is like accepting the job as Captain of the Titanic. Sean’s efforts to make it right are admirable, but like rearranging the deck furniture on the Titanic as it was sinking.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All you have to do is talk to some of his ex PH's - aint pretty...............

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AB109:

Reminds me of a famous American outfitter, who did not pay his PHs for months, while he has been paid well in advance!

This is the lowest of the low, getting paid and not paying your employees!

Posts: 67008 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Obviously from thread length and comments there is a problem. Red flag for me

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2849 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Reminds me of a famous American outfitter, who did not pay his PHs for months, while he has been paid well in advance!

Reminds me of a famous American outfitter I kicked out of my camp because he was persistently rude to the staff.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by SafariSean:
Hello to all involved in this enormous thread my name is Sean Scott and I am stepping in to improve overall customer relations and communication with Martin Pieters Safaris (from now on referred to as MPS). Some of you may know of my efforts at Jimba with Wayne to promote and develop Chete Safari Area and the challenges faced with Jimba. I AM GOING TO CLOSE this thread! First Martin apologizes to the entire community for letting this and other issues go on he understand his errors and want to rectify any ongoing problems. In the macho world of being a Zim PH communication and disputes with the clientele can be hard for them to manage and or admit to when they come from a world full of jackals and hyenas (along with some pretty bad animals at work as well) but in Martins case time and hindsight have shown him that the only way to survive in a world run by social media and instant communications is to deal with problems head on no matter how painful it may be to the pocket book or ego. So he we go.

I would invite ANY previous client that has any issue with MPS to contact me directly. I cannot turn back time undoing the past but I can show that we are willing to openly address the situation or issues and that we are willingly committed to doing WHATEVER it takes short of Martin committing Hari-kari/Sepuku to rectify these open problems and to demonstrate to the hunting community that we are capable of running an upfront operation at Matetsi Block 5 and our other great hunting areas.

Uh, YOU are going to close this thread?

i declare it open back lol ...

lol

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Saeed...Cotton Gordon?

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:
quote:

Saeed...Cotton Gordon?

No it was not Cotton Gordon.

It was someone who was operating more recently.