Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR losing the best contributors
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Can't we ALL just be friends here and discuss what all of us want --- that is to learn and become a better hunter and meet some one new who we can become associated with and MAYBE, just MAYBE, LEARN something new that we have never so far learned in our lives!

What is this AR all about if it isn't to discuss,learn,and let some other members know our experiences, while asking about their own hunting experiences and their type of firearms they are using and some of their hunting adventures and game they have taken! I want to know!

And I also want to learn what other members are doing about their reloading of the various different guns they own and what they suggest is their best loads and what bullets,powder,and brass they use/suggest.

Now let's get back to the ORIGINAL TOPIC of hunting and why we all like it and how to improve upon it!

Bob

Life;Patron;Endowment member NRA;
Life member:BASS;NAHC;RMEF;WSF;
Member DRSS;ADBSS;NBS:RMBSS;
DSCI;HSCI;SCI INT"L;AOPA;EAA;
Alaska Airmen Ass'n;Idaho Airman;
Baja Int'l Bush Pilots;CMSELI.

Posts: 11 | Location: Glendale,CA | Registered: 23 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Llamapacker is such a dirt bag. He just hasn't gotten what he so richly deserves yet.

what goes around eventually comes around( it's called karma, i think) and one always hopes that it is true- i just hope it is sooner rather than later. if ANYONE quits posting here, i am sure the remainder will get over it and life will go on.... 10 years from now( assuming Saeed is still will to fund this circus), AR will still be around. dancing

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13390 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't we ALL just be friends here and discuss what all of us want --- that is to learn and become a better hunter and meet some one new who we can become associated with and MAYBE, just MAYBE, LEARN something new that we have never so far learned in our lives!What is this AR all about if it isn't to discuss,learn,and let some other members know our experiences, while asking about their own hunting experiences and their type of firearms they are using and some of their hunting adventures and game they have taken! I want to know!

Not being facetious about your observations above, but in reality having looked at various sites such as AR over the past 10 years or so the answer is simply and pathetically No.

I have never met anyone that is friends with every person they know out here in the real world. It just does not happen. Add to that fact of real life, internet anonymity/personal egos/lack of actual personal interaction i.e. looking someone in the eye, listening to their voice inflections, body posture and facial expressions.

Throw in assumptions made toward others simply because they view things differently/have had different experiences while involved in similar activities/making statements about another persons financial status, experience level, supposed personal ethical standards etc. etc. etc., all combine to make internet sites into something that was not what the intentions of the folks that started the site were meant to provide.

These sites should be fun, people should be able to express their opinions on subjects without persecution simply because that opinion does not mesh with another member or a site clique.

People should be able to relate their experiences or share the details and photos from their adventures without being ostracized because it did not measure up to another individuals standards.

On the whole people that join sites like AR have a common thread that causes them to want to join in. In AR's case it is the mutual interest/love of hunting-firearms and the outdoors.

There are a lot of folks on this site or that have been on this site, that simply got tired of the nonsense. It happens on every site, it is just one of or is the major downside to participating on these sites.

Facing accusations/derision/ostracization and ridicule is why people finally get tired and leave these sites or join and never really participate. I wished AR and other sites would be like you describe in your response. The weak link however is people and is easily seen by looking thru history, people find it easier to find points of division instead of looking for things shared in common.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
CHC great post!

.................................................................. old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting: I have never met anyone that is friends with every person they know out here in the real world. It just does not happen. Add to that fact of real life, internet anonymity/personal egos/lack of actual personal interaction i.e. looking someone in the eye, listening to their voice inflections, body posture and facial expressions.

Throw in assumptions made toward others simply because they view things differently/have had different experiences while involved in similar activities/making statements about another persons financial status, experience level, supposed personal ethical standards etc. etc. etc., all combine to make internet sites into something that was not what the intentions of the folks that started the site were meant to provide.

How dare you bring a dose of reality into this discussion! It's all I can do to refrain from ripping the power cords from my monitor and throwing it across the room!!! People like you have no place on the outernet!!! Cease and desist this nonsense at once, you CURR!!!

Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Tanzania 2012: http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/8331015971
Saskatoon, Canada 2013: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4121043/m/7171030391
Las Pampas, Argentina 2014: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4107165/m/1991059791

Posts: 260 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: 19 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
yuck

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote