THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Another SCI Award Committee Member Caught In A CRIME!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another SCI Award Committee Member Caught In A CRIME!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Originally posted by pig feeder:
Safari Times , September issue page 24.
Charlotte Peyerk placed on probation until August 16 ,2017 and her Diana award was rescinded.
Mark Peyerk was expelled from SCI.

I wonder why the actual shooter was placed on probation while her accomplice (son) was expelled?

because her bribe/get out of jail free card was bigger than her son's??????? with SCI, only God knows and He ain't saying- but i am sure He had a good reason rotflmo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Charlotte Peyerk placed on probation until August 16 ,2017 and her Diana award was rescinded.

I wonder why the actual shooter was placed on probation while her accomplice (son) was expelled?

The way it was presented was that the son was the shooter. Her part was the deception.
Initially the story here had her as the shooter. Either way it was good to see SCI take some action.

Posts: 46 | Location: Eastern Oklahoma | Registered: 12 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
well,i guess half assed action is better than no action, which is SCI's usual method of doing business when top rank members/officers are caught with their pants down. at least she wasn't in line for the door gunner award. jumping

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Another example of the total irrelevance of this silly organization!

They are actually making the bozos in Washington look like geniuses!

"SCI, FIRST FOR OURSELVES" should be their motto!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Another example of the total irrelevance of this silly organization!

They are actually making the bozos in Washington look like geniuses!

"SCI, FIRST FOR OURSELVES" should be their motto!

I must agree with Saeed on this one. The organization has completely lost its way. The focus of; Humanitarian, Education, Conservation has been replaced with Rings, Tuxedos and Brass Bands.

I decided to leave to protect my integrity. If sportsman allow this organization to speak for them, they will never change.

And yes, I know they are the only international hunters advocacy group.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3558 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
DSC has a similar advocacy position, in spite of the name. witness their fund to help PH's/staff injured in the line of duty. they just don't offer the chance to blow your own horn and collect a lot of meaningless jewelry. OK..... time for the usual cheerleaders to explain/exclaim how wrong i am.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
DSC has a similar advocacy position, in spite of the name. witness their fund to help PH's/staff injured in the line of duty. they just don't offer the chance to blow your own horn and collect a lot of meaningless jewelry. OK..... time for the usual cheerleaders to explain/exclaim how wrong i am.

You're correct, I was going through my decision process when I chose which conservation organization I wanted to volunteer for.

In Arizona we have every species oriented group, RMEF, AZ Elk, Desert Bighorn Sheep Society, Mule Deer Foundation, DU.

SCI was the only non-species specific one. The others also do not focus on the hunter.

DSC is really not an option in AZ for someone looking to be active. When I left SCI, I petitioned DSC to embrace the chapter model. At the time they weren't interested.

What a great time now would be to "catch lightening in a bottle" We had/have a chapter all ready to go, officers, BOD,treasurer, secretary. Shame

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3558 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SCI has had shady characters for quite some time. Same thing with the Weatherby Award. I remember a piece written by Jack O' Connor where he changed the names of the " winners" to tell their stories of how they cheated. No doubt some hunters don't care how they obtain trophies or get their names in the " book ". Years ago helping out a friend with a SCI woman from LA on a boar hunt here in California we can across the largest blacktail buck I have ever seen in Central California. This buck was a monster, easily the biggest rack I have ever seen in Cal as he was a 4 x 4 with a spread that went past his ears about 4" on each side and was 16 to 18 inches tall. Don the owner of the ranch claims he had never seen that deer before and this was two weeks before the A zone opener. This LA skank told Don and I she would give him $ 5000 CASH if he let her shoot this buck. Don told her there was no way he would let her take any deer outside of the season and for her to drop her pleas to shoot the deer as she was insisting pretty hard. We actually saw that buck once again during that deer season but could not get on him for a shot. We never saw that deer again.

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul C:
SCI has had shady characters for quite some time. Same thing with the Weatherby Award. I remember a piece written by Jack O' Connor where he changed the names of the " winners" to tell their stories of how they cheated. No doubt some hunters don't care how they obtain trophies or get their names in the " book ". Years ago helping out a friend with a SCI woman from LA on a boar hunt here in California we can across the largest blacktail buck I have ever seen in Central California. This buck was a monster, easily the biggest rack I have ever seen in Cal as he was a 4 x 4 with a spread that went past his ears about 4" on each side and was 16 to 18 inches tall. Don the owner of the ranch claims he had never seen that deer before and this was two weeks before the A zone opener. This LA skank told Don and I she would give him $ 5000 CASH if he let her shoot this buck. Don told her there was no way he would let her take any deer outside of the season and for her to drop her pleas to shoot the deer as she was insisting pretty hard. We actually saw that buck once again during that deer season but could not get on him for a shot. We never saw that deer again.

Is Obama a member then?

animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve I think Obama may be a charter member !

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul C:
Steve I think Obama may be a charter member !

The difference between the crooks in Washington and the crooks at SCI is that the ones in Washington are PAID to be crooks.

The ones at SCI are SELF PAID to be crooks.

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
oh, I don't know about that, Saeed. it seems at least some of the crooks are club officers flitting about at club members expense.....

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Every time I hear about SCI, I cannot help but imagining that Disney cartoon.

The one that shows a girl looking in the mirror and asking "mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the pretest girl of all?"

That is how SCI's management has become with their inner circles and metal oriented awards for everything under the sun.

Hunting has lost its meaning, and has become reward passion in the vein of the current idea that is called "selfie" by the social media brainless idiots.

May be they have something in common? clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I booked my 1992 safari to Zambia through the agency run by SCI founder C.J. McElroy. I had it in writing that the hunt price included all trophy fees for the animals included in the package. After I arrived in Mfuwe, the head of the safari company told me that the price did not include all trophy fees, and had mail correspondence from McElroy to prove it. I wound up paying an extra $1500-a lot of money for me in those days. I also have an old audio cassette tape somewhere that McElroy made, in which he admits to killing a leopard illegally. I am a life member of SCI, with no intent to change that fact, but the truth is that illegal hunting and fraudulent business practices by SCI members and leaders predates the founding of the organization. FTR, the Zambian safari was a great success, and I have not one regret in going there, and harbor no ill will toward anyone involved in it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great post Tim, all this clap trap about record books and awards is nothing new just a bone a few like to chew on ad nausea.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Great post Tim, all this clap trap about record books and awards is nothing now just a bone a few like to chew on ad nausea.

Ed:

I have to disagree with you in part. Before I comment, I would like to say I am a life member and supporter and will continue to do so.

I think the record book is fine. It serves a very useful purpose. However, the awards are something else all together. The awards indirectly promote unacceptable behavior by those who seek such awards. It makes us (hunters) look like hell to the non-hunting public. It makes it appear that we are giving ourselves awards for the most killing.

We would be wise to drop the awards in their current form.

I am not a record book guy. I think the last time I registered an animal was 1991. I am certain that I qualify for quite a few awards. There isn't a chance in hell you will be me on stage getting these self serving awards.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If memory serves me correctly, I believe that a well-known biologist and hunter known as "Mr. Whitetail", is on record saying that record book entries should not include any information about the hunter. This would make the record books a wealth of information about the animals listed, while keeping out all the egotistical preening of self-serving entrants. I agree completely with the criticism of the circus known as awards-they are just another way to make more money for the organization. Any doubts about this can be quickly erased by noting that the sponsored, (read: free), awards dinner held during the annual convention in a separate venue has been incorporated into the regular, (read: expensive) nightly program.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry awards do not promote unacceptable behavior, that is on the individuals who cheat. There are many people that qualify for the awards and have done so totally ethical, of course it then becomes a debate about ethics. As to the non-hunting public there are many actions that make hunter look like hell. If one earns an award ethically I don't see any harm in receiving same. What about the owner of an NFL team with the most bucks celebrating his teams win of the Super Bowl, was it not bought from top to bottom?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Larry awards do not promote unacceptable behavior, that is on the individuals who cheat. There are many people that qualify for the awards and have done so totally ethical, of course it then becomes a debate about ethics. As to the non-hunting public there are many actions that make hunter look like hell. If one earns an award ethically I don't see any harm in receiving same. What about the owner of an NFL team with the most bucks celebrating his teams win of the Super Bowl, was it not bought from top to bottom?

Ed,

The point is there have been so many award winners who have gotten their so called "trophies" by totally unethical means.

There is a whole lot of industry in South Africa catering just for those wanabe "hunters".

I would suspect many of them would not even know the meaning of the word hunting, and all they care about is having their names next to some silly award and belonging to some silly "inner circle".

These are the people who are giving us hunters a very bad name, with the full support of SCI!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty bad when SCI founding father was the biggest snake in the grass. I have heard similar things about Elgin Gates
" stretching " the truth! There was a hunter years ago, cant remember his name, who I believe was a Remington or Winchester spokesman and on his add in the hunting mags was the side of a barn with some really huge mule deer bucks mounted and he was supposed to have more record mule deer than anyone. It was found out that he hunted out of season and believe in areas that were closed to hunting. Real work of art that guy. I need to look his name up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kirt Darner was or is his name and he has a rap sheet you would not believe.

Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just took a quick perusal thru SCI awards records and could not find Mr. Darner's name. Red Herring, eh.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look up Mr. Darner on line and you can see what he has done. He was a paid spokesman for Remington. When you look back on what he did it makes sense as to how can one man or woman could have so many mule deer bucks with such huge racks in a lifetime. I can see one or two real toads in a lifetime of hunting. I believe this is what lead Wildlife authorities to investigate Darner, plus if I remember correctly one of his hunting buddies thru him under a bus for some reason. There are many mule deer bucks on display in the US in gas stations, bars, restaurants, hotels and such which are probably could be in the record books but the owners could care less. In Elko, Nevada in either the Commercial Hotel or Stockmand cant remember which there are a couple of monster mulies above the bar that are jaw dropping.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, you continually reference PH's (unnamed) and SCI members n(unnamed) that have cheated please share these facts and names with us. This will probably bet me banned - as they say - put up or shut up.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed, you continually reference PH's (unnamed) and SCI members n(unnamed) that have cheated please share these facts and names with us. This will probably bet me banned - as they say - put up or shut up.

Ed,

All you have to do is search for PHs who have provided a large number of so called "hunters" with top SCI trophies and you will have the answer to both question!

Two birds with one stone.

Birds of a feather always flick together.

Stay tuned, as I have set up a special website with all relevant information on it.

I will activate that website when I think it is necessary.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So you are saying Nassos Russo is among your evil doers?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

does the name Mike Simpson( past SCI president) and Dan Duncan- Tx oil man with more record book entries than anyone else- ring a bell. they both admitted in Federal court case affidavits to shooting moose and sheep from a Russian helicopter because the Russian warden with them said it was OK. OK?? of course it is if the goal is to get the SCI DOORGUNNER AWARD, which both certainly achieved. thumbdown barf

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There Are in fact several SCI PH's of the year who ended up being common criminals . Van Der Muelen, Olofse, Sparrow etc

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
There Are in fact several SCI PH's of the year who ended up being common criminals . Van Der Muelen, Olofse, Sparrow etc

They sure know how to pick them!!

Does that tell you anything about the SCI board of directors and how they work??

"Birds of a feather, always flock together"

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Ed is strangely silent. after all, he asked for names and here they are. maybe he needs pants size, email address, shirt maker, etc., etc., etc.,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.jamiiforums.com/juk...iness-interests.html

This link gives a little information on van Der Meulen.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://www.jamiiforums.com/juk...iness-interests.html

This link gives a little information on van Der Meulen.

Thank you for the link Larry.

I have not seen this one before.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

This was pretty much what I recall for this character.

If I recsll correctly, the Olofse (spelling?) was something similar. His plane disappeared. Never found.

I can't recall Sparrow's problem.

All PH's of the year are not like these characters. I have hunted with some who were fine upstanding people .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed:

This was pretty much what I recall for this character.

If I recsll correctly, the Olofse (spelling?) was something similar. His plane disappeared. Never found.

I can't recall Sparrow's problem.

All PH's of the year are not like these characters. I have hunted with some who were fine upstanding people .

Was this not the same Oelofse who had bought out Maasailand Hunting Company from another PH of the Year award winner (Federico Gellini)?

The general consensus is/was that because the "ill-fated" plane was never found, it must have crashed into Lake Malawi (one of the deepest lakes in Africa) which was apparently directly in its flight path, en-route to Lusaka.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larry:

Scandroll & Swanepoel ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:

Larry:

Scandroll & Swanepoel ?

Well at least Scandrol. Was he a PH of the year? I remember him being barred. Not a word since.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Both were apparently awarded PH of the year in 1999.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
J Dollar, been away for a while. I did a quick scan of the book and could not find Dan Duncan's name. Talk about self gratification what about the "hunter" that videos their hunt and gives away hundreds copies for all to see them star in their movie.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
J Dollar, been away for a while. I did a quick scan of the book and could not find Dan Duncan's name. Talk about self gratification what about the "hunter" that videos their hunt and gives away hundreds copies for all to see them star in their movie.

This is an un-warranted and frankly tasteless shot at one of if not, the most experienced member of the AR crowd.

Frankly, it is comments exactly like this, that divides us. I always figured you were above this. It's petty, cruel and sophomoric in its delivery.

Look what has happened to this forum. The front page in the African forum was super active at one time. The front page would roll about every couple hours. Now, it lasts for weeks, with very few if any interesting threads or subjects.

Dissapointing.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"