THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    LIVE! Report From The Selous - Video Is ready!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LIVE! Report From The Selous - Video Is ready!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gary and Pete drove to camp from Dar.

He took these photos of the camp and on the way here.

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We found the dark piece of wood you see above the bullets embedded between the horns of a bull in the middle of the boss.

Next I will post photos of a wounded buffalo we found lying in the river close to our skinning shed.

He had a terrible wound on his back just ahead of the tail.

We think it might have been caused by a lion.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
What a fantastic group of trophies. I know these are trophies of the whole group but do you get more than one license? Is that possible?

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
One can get more than one license, as long as there is quota to fulfill them.

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
We found the dark piece of wood you see above the bullets embedded between the horns of a bull in the middle of the boss.

Next I will post photos of a wounded buffalo we found lying in the river close to our skinning shed.

He had a terrible wound on his back just ahead of the tail.

We think it might have been caused by a lion.
Poor old boy was trying to keep a low profile.

Appreciate all the pictures Saeed, very enjoyable. Glad you guys had such a good time.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terrific report and photos. I love seeing all the buff and eland. I must say euro mounts of Buff and eland are some of the best contrasts in my opinion. The white and black.

Excellent hunt

Posts: 133 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
One can get more than one license, as long as there is quota to fulfill them.

3 x 21 + 1 x 7 maybe?

Posts: 1905 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have been hunting with Roy for many years in Zimbabwe, normally at the end of the season, and shooting what he has left on his quota.

Worked well for both of us.

Alan keeps the major part of his quota for us, and if there is a cancellation by another client we take that to.

Again, works great for both of us too.

Here is a couple of stories that shows how luck - or lack of - plays so much in hunting.

We went looking for a hippo to shoot for lion and croc bait.

There is a high cliff over looking the river, with deep pools below that hippos frequent.

We got there, and walked along, looking for hippos.

No sign of any at all.

They seem to be in another pool a few hundred yards away across the river.

We were leaving, when we suddenly heard splashing down below!

Alan looked, and saw a single bull hippo walking down among the trees!

He was in as perfect place, and I was trying to see him as he appeared and disappeared among the trees and.

Alan put the shooting sticks up- funny that, as the hippo was below us. We had a bit of laugh afterwards about this.

I found a small tree in a clearing and rested my rifle on it.

The hippo appeared, looked up sideways.

I fired at him, as he was going to disappear any second.

He dropped straight down.

The bullet actually went through his right ear, then hit the top of his head, braining him.

If he had not moved, we would never have known that he was there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on yet another fine hunt!

Looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves thoroughly there.

Can't wait to see the video for more of Walter's antics.

Posts: 10605 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have posted links to videos at the beginning of this thread.

I will keep adding both videos and photos.

Photos will continue as additions, and all links to the videos will be at the beginning.

I hope you enjoy them.

Sadly, many hunts do not give us a good chance for a video, due to the bush.

We hunt, and video our hunt, and this is the result.

We do not have a script before hand and try to follow it on our hunt.

Non of our buffalo was given a chance of how to die rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome home Saeed. What a great report of your Safari. Thank you for all that you do and providing us with AR. jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great trophies.
What did you did with them this year?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

The "Double Buffalo" video downloads less than 0.5 GB
and plays for just over 4 minutes, excellent quality.
So are all the others except the Eland video downloads over 1.6 GB and plays just over 2 minutes of video, then about 17 minutes of black screen.

Not looking this gift horse/eland in the mouth, just thought you might want to check on that.

Very nice to have such an extroverted and generous nimrod to share his adventures with all of the AR.COM members and rubberneckers.

Thanks,
tu2
Rip ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome hunt Saeed!

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Saeed,

The "Double Buffalo" video downloads less than 0.5 GB
and plays for just over 4 minutes, excellent quality.
So are all the others except the Eland video downloads over 1.6 GB and plays just over 2 minutes of video, then about 17 minutes of black screen.

Not looking this gift horse/eland in the mouth, just thought you might want to check on that.

Very nice to have such an extroverted and generous nimrod to share his adventures with all of the AR.COM members and rubberneckers.

Thanks,
tu2
Rip ...

Thank you for letting me know this.

I have corrected it.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Love that straight-on chest shot on the one buffalo that dropped in its tracks!!! tu2 My friends have learned to call it the "RVG shot" when we hunt, since I tend to take it quite often, and on all kinds of game with the same results! tu2 rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Some arm chair writer wrote years ago that one should never shoot a buffalo in the boss - as the bullet will bounce off! rotflmo

I have no idea how many buffalo I have shot in the head, and not a single one even moved from its place.

Another thing they used to write about is "wait for him to give you a broadside shot".

Apparently the writers have never left their living rooms, and experienced real world hunting.

Especially in Africa.

One might spend all day chasing an animal, and one might get a single chance, lasting a few seconds, to take a shot, in any position it is offered.

We had a perfect example of this this year.

We were driving along, when we saw a good bushbuck standing right in the open.

He ran off and got into some thicket.

We could see his legs, standing facing us. But we were not sure if it was him or a female, as there seems to be quite a bit of brush on the way, and his head was completely hidden.

We stood there for quite a while, me looking through the scope as I rested the rifle on the shooting sticks, and Alan looking through his binoculars.

We talked about taking a shot, and he said I could try, but not before he could make sure that it is a male.

Eventually the bushbuck put his head down, and we could see his horns.

I fired a shot at him.

He did not even move!!??

I fired another shot, hitting him in the neck.

We found that my first bullet hit a twig less than three yards from him, and then changed direction and hit another branch a few inches from the bushbuck!!

We had a bit of fun with our game scout.

Alan was explaining to him that my first shot, cleared the way, and the second killed it! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Saeed for keeping us entertained. Great photos as always and the drone adds another dimension.

With regards to elephant..are you seeing more now that the poaching seems to have subsided in Selous?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Yes

There seems to be more elephants.

Lots of them are tuskless!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I greatly appreciate your generosity of providing this site and all the great stories and photography you share with us.

I noticed most all your rifles have a gold ring. You are very lucky to make all the shots you make with gold ring scopes. Everyone knows to be able to do this you must have much higher dollar European glass. Guess on your limited budget you have to make do with what you have.

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Saeed, I greatly appreciate your generosity of providing this site and all the great stories and photography you share with us.

I noticed most all your rifles have a gold ring. You are very lucky to make all the shots you make with gold ring scopes. Everyone knows to be able to do this you must have much higher dollar European glass. Guess on your limited budget you have to make do with what you have.

Sadly, there is so much bullshit being written, and claimed about scope performance.

A few years ago I thought I might change the Leupold scope on one of my hunting rifles to a Nightforce one, hoping that the optics are better, as claimed by Nightforce.

We checked both scopes side by side in Tanzania, and if anything, we found that the Leupold was better.

Europeans have gone nuts with scopes as well as with rifle design.

As far as I am concerned, only Sako makes decent rifles in Europe.

The rest of them have gotten on the silly bandwagon of trying to re-invent the wheel! With disastrous results.

I have scopes here from all the major manufacturers in Europe.

They have tubes up to 40mm!!

Making it so difficult to mount low on the rifle.

They are only suitable for AR type stocks.

As my friend Roy Vincent says. The rifle, scope and ammo work. Nothing else is needed.

one of us
posted Hide Post
5 more videos working great.
Enjoyed that latest 5-minute-long buffalo video, especially the part where cameraman Roy started directing.
He was telling leading man Saeed and supporting PH Alan what to do next.
He even captured some of his own hand gestures and whispered "direction" to the performers.
Director and cameraman all in one, that Roy is talented.
tu2
Rip ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo tu2 If they could just cut out Roy's heavy breathing! jumping And, that last buffalo wanted to hook someone or something very badly!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
rotflmo tu2 If they could just cut out Roy's heavy breathing! jumping And, that last buffalo wanted to hook someone or something very badly!

There was plenty of heavy breathing.

Genuine, honest, tired heavy breathing by two old men trying to keep up with a very talented young man trying his best to give his clients the best hunt he can.

Not that B-rated Hollywood heavy breathing where a fake idiot throws his client to the background and takes center stage for his moment of fake glory rotflmo

Roy and me both had a job trying to keep up with Alan. Two old men one over 70 and one approaching it.

I shot at a kongoni in a thicket and wounded it.

Next we saw him he was he was miles away across a valley. Alan puts the sticks up and points at him.

I fired another shot at him, and hit him.

Alan's comments was "bloody hell! That is ridiculous!"

As far as he is concerned, Roy's and me saving grace is that we can shoot reasonably well! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed: I'm only one year behind you in age. Big Grin tu2 I know all about heavy breathing and trying to keep up with a young PH and his trackers hellbent on getting to that animal! rotflmo Well done, and once again, the pics and videos are outstanding! tu2 tu2

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
You guys are mere youngsters. Roll Eyes

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBoutfishn:

You mean we are spring chickens compared to some here? clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you once again Saeed for sharing what has been a splendid time for all of you. Now l've had a few hours rest following my own trip to India l shall rewind and look at all the glorious pictures you have posted of Africa and once more begin planning....

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JBoutfishn:

You mean we are spring chickens compared to some here? clap

Yup dancing

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Video No.11 was very entertaining.
What factor of speedup was that?
Funniest 2 minutes of munchkins and chipmunks loading a buffalo into a bakkie that I have ever enjoyed.
In fact the only one.
tu2
Rip ...

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Workers were very slow, so I had to speed it up! clap

More videos are being uploaded right now.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
A funny thing happened to us one afternoon, and I am the only one left laughing.

There is a high cliff that overlooks the river, we call the lookout.

We drove there one afternoon, and I got the drone ready to fly and take some countryside videos.

I was flying the drone, and suddenly I could hear every running and screaming!

We were being attacked by a swarm of bees!

I was the only one left standing, and the bees were flying all around me - some were actually running into my head!!

I remained calm, and never moved!

I never got a bite!!??

The rest of the crew at least 200 meters away clap

I finished my flight, got the drone back, and by that time there was no sign of the bees!

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Well the "Bee's" were aware of your shooting skills that they wanted no part of you...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that the bees had heard of Saeed's reputation of "drinking" bottles of tabasco sauce and figured that any bee getting a piece of Saeed would instantly die from the heat! rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I think that the bees had heard of Saeed's reputation of "drinking" bottles of tabasco sauce and figured that any bee getting a piece of Saeed would instantly die from the heat! rotflmo

That is what my wife says!

Sadly, no one told the wasps this, as I keep getting whacked by them almost every year!

I got bit this year while we were stalking an impala.

Alan was ahead, while Roy was behind.

I passed under a tree, and got stung on the back of the neck!

I swatted them, and got my cap off my head.

I picked it up and ran.

Later on after we had shot the impala, Roy was asking how did I loose my hat!

I showed them the bites, and all I got was laughter!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bees or Wasps?

Bees will sting once and die; if a swarm sets about its business it will be an unpleasant experience and your face, which usually is the most exposed, will end up looking like a golf ball.

Wasps/Hornets on the other hand can be a nasty piece of work as they deliver multiple stings, are far more painful than those from bees and don't take a break until you leave the area where they are nesting.

There are several photos of a couple of these species appearing halfway through page 4 of this thread. The black individual is a mean bastard!

Posts: 1905 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Fulvio,

Look at the video I have posted about our camp.

You will see where it is now.

They moved it closer to Makuti, about 5-6 kilometers from where it was previously in Pango.