New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas convention: AR Hotel?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you're going to stay at the Comfort Inn in one of the rooms blocked out for the AR group: (1) post here and let us know you're staying in one of the rooms, and (2) DEFINITELY call the number shown in my last post and confirm your room. Thanks.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Comfort Inn is about the same distance from this years venue as it was from last years.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
I just made my reservations. Guess I'll sort out any transportation problems down the road. Look forward to meeting all.

Don

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just booked my room. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Michael J

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tracking:

Self
Frank
Judge
Donald
Michaelj
NE 450 No2
LDavid
Retreever
TerryR
Don
Head Trauma
Dulcinea
Larrys01 - 2
Larry Sellers
woodmnctry
JTEX
Wink
Billsan
BEGNO
quackgr
SBT
mike70560
Am I missing anyone?

By my count 22 rooms

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
My wife and I will be there for the Friday gathering as well. Looking forward to seeing all of you guys again this year. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
jorge:
The party room is reserved for the 9th. I believe that is on Saturday??

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7693 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saturday is correct.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The room is spoken for but I can't get a confirmation in writting which I would like to have after last year.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Dang, we can't make the Saturday event. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
I'm in -- just figuring out dates
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DOJ,
I plan on making the AR get together as well. I won't be staying at the CI.. I will be staying in the Highland area with friends.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
What if you ain't planning on staying at the hotel?

Can a person come to the GTG on Saturday night?

What would be the cost for two for the festivities on Saturday night?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Of course everyone is welcome, regardless of where they are staying.

The cost is what money you wish put in the hat!

Lots of folks volunteer to help, like bringing, beer, ice, cokes, a special snack, paper plates, naked dancing girls and beautiful wives of girlfriends. The organizers have historically bought generic booze and chips, etc. Many bring their special libations for others to experience. Always, it is nice to have someone help clean up afterwards.

Contact Ed (Die Ou Jagter) if you can help with something.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:

Lots of folks volunteer to help, like bringing.... naked dancing girls and beautiful wives of girlfriends.
Eeker

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Mike & Cherie will be there also...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Ed, room and party. Please add me, my reservations are complete. However, being that I will be an exhibitor, I will be there from the 6th on.
Thanks,
David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many Thanks. If we can make it we will see what wer can come up with in the way of food, and maybe something special for the AR members that are at the party.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Would love to attend, but will still be in Iraq fulfilling a contract. Now...with the way things are going, we might leave early. Roll Eyes

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be there friday and Saturday.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am looking for those booked at CI, so when saying I'll be there clarify ie room or party.

Thanks

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Ed... room & party...

Cherie & Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Room and Party

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Room and party

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just for information, Barb Wohlbrink from International Journeys just reserved 2 rooms for me at the Doubletree. The rate is $75.00. It is at Market Center and I have stayed there for the last several Conventions.

Mike

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
room & party

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
btt

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 people for the party?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To keep this on top
Myself and wife
room and party

Michael J

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Don and Regina...party and room in that order. Cool

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted Hide Post
This will be my first convention and looking forward to meeting folks in person (Frank B. we've traded a few PMs, and perhaps some others who may be stopping by this thread). Coming with my GF and likely staying with her grandparents who live in Dallas. Hope to share some drinks and gather some wisdom!
Best,
Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill: It'll be good to meet you FTF; you'll love the show.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE

one of us
posted Hide Post
Room and party. This will be my first DSC, looking forward to meeting all of you.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: 02 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Party only for me. I am planning to stay at the Aloft Hotel across from the convention so that if have too much to drink at Buzz's booth, I can walk home. Smiler

Mike

Posts: 21656 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Party only for me. I am planning to stay at the Aloft Hotel across from the convention so that if have too much to drink at Buzz's booth, I can walk home. Smiler

I'm hiring Air2000 (Dallas Division) to get me from the party room upstairs to my bed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
this might be one hell of a party, I might actually learn something. shocker beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you don't you will be the first attendee that didn't. Hell a few years back I found Prof242 to be a good guy and he said I wasn't quite the SOB he thought I was, but opinions do differ on that! dancing