New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas convention: AR Hotel?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Does the Comfort Inn have a shuttle service from the airport?

Posts: 1051 | Registered: 02 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No shuttle, I have used the Blue Shuttle, I think it is about $60 for a round trip.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cool

Dulcinea and wife, confirmed room and definatly the party.

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
http://www.supershuttle.com/

Its the super shuttle

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If Joyce knows the time of arrival & flight#, she will be more than happy to shuttle folks from the airport ...... she's done it numerous times in the past, even for ner-do-wells like the Judge.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
A true lady. You don't deserve such, Frank... or my Cogswell & Harrison, either!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7693 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seriously, when you know your flight# and arrival time, E-Mail us at "joycebeller@msn.com" so we can compile a list of who needs transportation from the airport. We'll have a car for whatever our needs & anyone we can assist, we'll be happy to accomadate. Ed, Joyce & I will be arriving via car Wednesday evening at the Comfort Inn and will be there until Sunday morning.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I booked two rooms this morning. $99.00 + Tax.
On line booking is about $10.00 a night cheaper?
Oh Well, See you at the party.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DOJ - Please put me down for room and party. Will arrive Thursday, early PM. Calling in reservations today. It's really tough waiting it out until Friday, huh?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bbt

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Just making sure this does not get lost in the shuffle. beer beer

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Just made resv------will be there Thur -- Sun--- yep on the party and it was actually cheaper over the internet for the room
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
haven't been to a convention since the first ones of FNAWS. Di's got me going to this one. even got plane and comfort inn resv made. so if you guys see this old fellow standing near the door with big eyes and a thumb in his mouth, that'll be me

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I can get someone to replace me at work,I'll be there for the party and exhibition.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
There will be four of us planning on attending the party also.

one of us
posted Hide Post
larry

Four people from Waterloo...

That is right on the ragged limit... Eeker

shootaway, 2 Canadians is THE LIMIT... You are No1. Big Grin

sofa

You guys are welcome, and will have a good time.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks 450.I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing Texas.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
btt

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE

one of us
posted Hide Post
shootaway

You will be most welcome...

Till your Visa runs out... Big Grin BOOM knife diggin

Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
btt

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
Cheryl and I will be their for any and all party Activities and ill contribute a few cases of good old frosty beer to help with our weary travlers, we are leaning toward staying at the Hyatt , i just love those hot tubs! i will make up my mind later this week on where we will be staying.

we only have to drive down from oklahoma city, so if anyone needs Transportation , shuttle, we can help with that allso.

looking forward to seeing everyone again,

Keep your Beer Cold and the Stogie's Hot!

Posts: 132 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: No hot tub at the Hyatt ,,,the search Continues !

Posts: 132 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are booked and I can't wait to put faces with names at the party.

I'll bet JudgeG can tell 'em as good as he writes 'em!

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt, it would be nice if this was held at the top.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I would like to attend a second time and have made air travel reservations. Is it still possible to get the nights of the 8th and the 9th at the Comfort Inn? I'm in Sierra Leone this week and telephone communications are a little spotty.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I just called the Comfort Inn and, if the terrible connection didn't result in any major misunderstandings, I'll see you all in January!

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep comming guys and gals we are going to fill the Inn, good thing we are not a roudy bunch, well except Frank!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Booked for Dallas, but I'm flying home on Saturday night. I hate to miss a party. Maybe next year.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will take 1 room, this is my first time Thanks to Gray Ghost.7-10th

Posts: 121 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call them and make the res. and I will put you on the list. Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be driving in from Louisiana on Thursday and leaving Sunday morning. I made online reservations at the Comfort Inn and I am planing on attending the party. See everybody there.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
larry

Four people from Waterloo...

That is right on the ragged limit... Eeker

shootaway, 2 Canadians is THE LIMIT... You are No1. Big Grin

sofa

You guys are welcome, and will have a good time.

Two of us are from Denver..........Iowa and one from Ozark, ARK., so Waterloo is represented by Larry only.... still close to critical mass. Can't wait to meet and share stories with all....Tom

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
That would be Ozark, Mo not Ark. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Just pulling this back up in case anyone has not seen it.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
We are interested in coming to Dallas Safari Club convention in 2010. Have been a member of the AR forum for 3-4 years but don't post much. We have been to Africa once and are hoping to go again. We would like more info on the hotel and AR get-together.
Gerald C

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Gerald, many of the guys are staying at the Comfort Inn Market Center on n Stemmons Fwy Dallas ,Tx.
As for the get together you only have to show up. There will be more postings as we get closer to the convention time.
On Friday evening many of us get together for dinner.
You are most welcome to come to any and all parties.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote