Find
Notify
Tools

Deceptive and Misleading Conduct?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of wtnut
posted Hide Post
Dave is a little closer to the ground though!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnnomarlin:
When the Court in Cairns, Australia hands down judgement I'll be free to name.

Are lawsuits in progress public information in Australia?

Assuming that you do win, how do you intend to enforce a judgment by an Australian court in an African country?

Good luck!

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John,
Pic 2 is .ph Jo o bannon who phd for Michel mantheakis when he owned mi ombo safari's. By the vegetation, i would say either selous block r3 or kilombero ?

Pic 3 is Michel mantheakis of mi ombo safari's rungwa camp from rungwa mpera block. Miombo safari's is now owned by Harpreet

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably R3 Selous - there isn't a tree for as far as the eye can see in the Miombo Kilombero flood plain concession.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, 1. no idea, and 2. "We'll make a plan"... Cheers!... And Bwanamich, thanks for your information, and yours Fujo, appreciated!

Posts: 48 | Location: australia | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck brother.

I sued someone in New Zealand and even got them arrested. He was courted ordered to pay restitution in both the civil and criminal cases. I never got anything. The process of attempting to collect was so overwhelming that I dropped it.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Hunters!! ..We have a new contestant!! or is that entrant?? Put the baits out and just had a bite...giving it a bit of dropback before we push the drag up and set the hook!!.. New poster WWH on the Hunt Reports forum, who apparently just, as in last week, returned from the Perfect hunt with the Perfect "agent/outfitter" in Tanzania (hunting what???),and during those deep philosohical chats around the "smouldering campfire", he was made aware of AR and in particular this topic that stirred his..loins (no!,this is a family show!) his sense of humour? No! But his sense of fairness and impeccable impartiality... He is "... from the law profession" "running" I think was accidently, well maybe not accidently, deleted. He has shared "the harsh winds of the Namib desert" with this Agent?/Outfitter? ...not sure which, but sounds like WWH! Had to leap to my bullshitters defence because he (we, as he strangely refers to himself had the Perfect hunt in Itulu Forest RUNGWA. Runga my arse!!We're getting the gaffs out.. Johnno

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If its as big as you make it out you'll need a flying gaff and tailing tackle on standby Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
No tagging in this event; bang sticks at the ready!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6825 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by johnnomarlin:
When the Court in Cairns, Australia hands down judgement I'll be free to name.

Are lawsuits in progress public information in Australia?

Assuming that you do win, how do you intend to enforce a judgment by an Australian court in an African country?

Good luck!

From the otherside of the story it seems that John is the one being sued. And it seems both the agent and client reside in Australia so I guess that would make any judgement enforceable. But all I have seen so far is a he said he said thing. The only way we will all know the truth is if the court transcript can be posted.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Agent/Outfitter is not from Australia. Two years after the events he decided to have a shot in the Aust Courts. Probably thought low risk/costs. But once he stuck his head up in Australia, I had something to swing at, and readily took the opportunity to countersue. I had put it behind me. Keeping the powder dry!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a crazy story... esp about the court case. Sorry to hear about it johnno.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fujo, we gaff em and WHACK em. Cheers and say gday to your fishing buddy!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry but I don't put much credence in ANY accusation where the parties are not being identified. If identification is being witheld because of legal proceedings, what is the point of even bringing it up until those proceedings are completed?

The two parties are dancing around this issue and wasting everyone's time. If there is a legitimate problem, post a proper hunt report. Name the date, location, outfitter, agent, PH. Tell us the details without the secret, secret codes such as "Coughing PH 'M'", the "HERO", etc.

Sounds like there are legitimate problems with the hunt. But it also seems some games are being played here. If you're going to air out the dirty laundry in public, tell us who it belongs to. Otherwise, the next guy here on AR may end up with a similar problem that could have been avoided.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Johnno is a good friend. He was just doing a little recon with this post to get his ducks in a row for court. And for the record...Johnno did NOT draw first blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
.....He was just doing a little recon with this post to get his ducks in a row for court......

Good Dr. Easter, or Johnno for that matter;

Could you please explain how anything in this post will assist in a court case?

I don't get the connection at all.

Thanks.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the Aussie courts are anything like ours, it is public information anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The proceedings of the court can be reported - but any discussion of the evidence or proceedings, beyond what is presented in the court - can land the author in hot water themselves.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjbull:
quote:
.....He was just doing a little recon with this post to get his ducks in a row for court......

Good Dr. Easter, or Johnno for that matter;

Could you please explain how anything in this post will assist in a court case?

I don't get the connection at all.

Thanks.

Bull,
He needed to know the "actual" location where those pics I posted for him were taken and the "actual" owners of them...he found out both.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bull,
He needed to know the "actual" location where those pics I posted for him were taken and the "actual" owners of them...he found out both.

So, you are saying that a judge will allow a post on an internet forum describing the wheres/whos of a picture to be entered into evidence? Wouldn't the poster (in this case the person offering the descriptive information) need to be supeoned?

I am really not trying to be difficult Smiler

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Bull,
The people who own those pics don't want them used by this other person either.

AR facilitated making the contacts. They have all willingly sent Johnno information on the pics that can be entered into evidence.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doctor! I see now the original intent and hope everything is worked out to the satisfaction of the wronged party.

And as a bonus, I learned how to properly spell "supeoned" today.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Bull,

So, you are saying that a judge will allow a post on an internet forum describing the wheres/whos of a picture to be entered into evidence? Wouldn't the poster (in this case the person offering the descriptive information) need to be supeoned?

What if I posted an almost identical picture of one of the 3 which were displayed. I clarify 'almost' as being the identical setting, same background, but with different trophies?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think they would be considered heresay unless accompanied by the person or some certified statement.

But then again I am not a lawyer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last nite. Big Grin

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:
quote:

Bull,

What if I posted an almost identical picture of one of the 3 which were displayed. I clarify 'almost' as being the identical setting, same background, but with different trophies?

fujo,
Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Culpepper:
I think they would be considered heresay unless accompanied by the person or some certified statement.

But then again I am not a lawyer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last nite. Big Grin

Would an affidavit work for you? Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Justin Karan, WWHunter aka JKHunter...Where'd you get the misleading and decveptive photos?? You need to do an IQ Test!! Lets all go over to "Hunt Reports" I'll get that email trail you wanted underway!! You know the one, about ..??!! . You should have quit while you were only a little behind!! Outfitter extraordinaire.. hoho! I'm like a lot of blokes who have been bullshitted.. hunter/clients who really owned fast boats, fast cars. banks??? rememember them?? they put their nightmares behind them.. I did too, for 18 months.. but you thought you'd have a crack! Now you're being tangled.. Daddy should have kicked your arse!!! Johnno, Cairns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Justin Karan, you were an expert on African hunting on AR, so where did you pinch the deceptive and misleading photos from? The owners didnt give you approval.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Hey Johnno,

WTF???

This thread died almost 3 years ago. Why revive it now? And since you felt it necessary to do so, please post the court case results.

I don't have any interest in this thread, but it is totally useless without details and identification.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to hear the outcome as well.

I met Jonno in Vegas a couple of years ago in Vegas. He was with some of my Aussie friends. They spoke highly of him.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Johnnomarlin:

What's the story with Luke Samaras?

Those tee shirts are a dead giveaway - has Luke's logo right on them.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karan, or JKHunter on AR, has changed solicitors and changed his story, and apparently wants to box on. I will resurrect some of his posts when he was the guru on AR African forums.. You can be the judge of his character. His website was "under construction" when he sent me the photos of other, successful outfitters trophies and camps. My legal advice was not to post on AR, and so telegraph our punches. Hence his changed claims. I see he no longer has a website offering hunts in Tanzania!! Legal fees will be more than the claim...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It’s funny that you always run to this site when you in trouble and don’t know what to do,

You think you going to stir the pot and get some type of confession out of me,

This did not work for you in the past and will not work for you know,

A few points I would like to bring up that you did not tell all,
You have kept this out of court by ignoring all and stalling the process for almost 6 years,

Yes I have changed solicitors, reason for that case was taking so long he was about to retire,
And second I wanted a stronger guy, one that does not get bullied.
Yes you are correct I will spend about 2 to 3 times the claim amount, and on top of that I am willing to throw another $100k to teach you a lesson.
Are you willing and able for that.

As for changing my story, this has never happened once, all we have done is simplified the case to you breaking contract.
No if’s or buts just straight forward, did you or did you not break contract.
As for my company its flying strong as ever, yes I stopped selling hunting in Tanzania about 2 years ago, and this was just because the Outfitter I was using lost his area,

You are too scared for a true day in court so you are trying to seek strength by a trial by social media,
I am sure this will go down very well for you, Popular Australian Social figure rapes African Wild Life and leaves without paying his bills for all those poor animals he brutally murdered.

Yes I did send you photos of animals and camps that did not belong to me, yes I just passed them on from the Agent who sent them to me back in 2016, this I stated over 3 years ago. Nothing new.
Rainer Joesh and Matt Lloyd Simms were and are very reputable outfitters in Tanzania, and it was I am sure a weak judgment call to post those, pics,

You knew exactly what area you were hunting in with which Outfitter and even had a map of the place,
So give us all a break, stop with all your delaying tactics and lets have our day in court,

No ifs and butts no appeals on the judgement just take it and let’s see who wins.
And just by the way I have sold and arranged over 420 safaris since yours and not one serious complain or unhappy client.
There are at least 10 to 15 outfitters on this site who bring their clients to my areas and love every minute of their experience,

Justin Karan

Posts: 494 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Would not money be more well spent on a few cold beers and a handshake?

Is there not a saying when two bulls fight in a china shop it is the china that suffers?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkhunter:
-------------
Yes I did send you photos of animals and camps that did not belong to me, yes I just passed them on from the Agent who sent them to me back in 2016, this I stated over 3 years ago. Nothing new.
Rainer Joesh and Matt Lloyd Simms were and are very reputable outfitters in Tanzania, and it was I am sure a weak judgment call to post those, pics,

You knew exactly what area you were hunting in with which Outfitter and even had a map of the place,-------

Justin Karan

Mr. Karan:
I have no dog in the fight and know neither of you--

As I read the above-

You knowingly sent pictures of animals that were not taken in THE area to be hunted,-

yet were represented as from THE area to be hunted -

and that the map you sent represented The area to be hunted -

Is that correct?

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it 10, or 15, or "just a few" outfitters?? Our 'hunt" was in sept/oct 2010... so 420 hunts in FIVE years??? One "hunt" was Don's... you sent PHOTOS of 10 ( Ten!!) LIONs shot on his upcoming concession... Don and son arrived, Head PH took a look at your pics. Said "Only one of these was shot here, and that was years ago!!! Your chances of shooting a lion are probably ZERO!!" They asked..But what about the ele bulls??... (Snigger), those pics are from the Ngorongoro!!!".. Dons party of 4 hunters, 21 days, any of those "leopards falling out of the trees"?? NONE!! That was in 2011... so not all 400+ were impressed! You have a few acolytes here who need your favour to get a "DG" in Timbavati... time you were removed

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Johnno

It’s easy for you to sit there and try coming up with stories to try put me down,
You don’t see me finding all those people who were unhappy with your fishing trips and never got the one big one promised,
Do us all a favour, stop all your ass dragging and come to court and let’s see who is correct.

You the one stalling and delaying this process for the last few years, leave your childish antics and step up to the plate for once,

And also by the way why don’t you post the photos of the fantastic animals you harvested on your hunt for all to see what you moaning about.

We all sick of your every few years throw a stick in the bush and let’s see what jumps out .
You never pitched up to court in March; let’s see if you make it for the April dates.
Justin Karan

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I would like to hear the outcome as well.

I met Jonno in Vegas a couple of years ago in Vegas. He was with some of my Aussie friends. They spoke highly of him.

Graham (Johnno)...is a good friend of mine as well...for a decade now. Stand up guy he...and man of his word.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane if that was so...... then he would have paid his dues.....

Does not matter how great a guy he is fact of the matter after he went on Safari, and he pulled the trigger he left a +-$50k bill behind.

Hows that for a man of his word.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fact.. At Dar airport at safari end, and then Seacliff, I said to your rep "I know the trophy fees, my bank is waiting my confirmation" No Noo, We'll send the bill.... Then you slipped in ...Plus $10k "govt fees, etc, etc"... Meanwhile, I'm doing extended charters marlin fishing as soon as we got back to Cairns. Bill arrives with $9700 addons...after the reaming my son and I got, I thought this conmam can wait til I get time to "talk"... couple of weeks later, run up to Xmas, (my busy time as a Publican,) JK calls on my cell, and says..."Pay the TOTAL ( TF and BS Govt fee addons ) bill or I"LL DESTROY your trophies" (6? weeks after hunt, and then all those crazy extras ) I was busy, hot (tropics) and sweaty and said "Go your f..n hardest" and promptly hung up. When I was a SubSea Engr (Offshore Oilfield) I frequented a bar on Westheimer in 1976 in Houston called "Daddy's Money" ... if you get my drift??