New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deceptive and Misleading Conduct?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Greetings Forum Members. My first topic despite being a follower for many years. I rquested photos of a camp and trophies coming out of an area I was booking for leopard (me) and buffalo (my son's 18th birthday.. he's experienced) Trust did not seem to be an issue, as it was mutual friends, and part payment was big game fishing. This was my first hunt in Tanzania, but 14th hunt in Africa, so it was "not my first rodeo". Photos I requested however were not of the area, but of Selous, Rungwa, mountain buffalo, and others I have not yet identified. Big buff, beaming clients!! Area we went hadnt seen buff in years! I'll post the photos as soon as I get method. Anyone else been conned by photos of camps and trophies not from the area being sold? I think its piss weak, and a low act! No, he hasnt taken up the fishing trip! No idea why..

Posts: 48 | Location: australia | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone else been conned by photos of camps and trophies not from the area being sold? I think its piss weak, and a low act!

I met this "chick" on the internet once....

Administrator
posted Hide Post
JOhn,

Welcome to AR.

It is normal for a company to send out photos of trophies taken on their concessions - not just from one specific camp.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, Thanks for Welcome! I enjoy AR, but was constrained by time before booking this hunt, or should have asked. I'm getting the 4 photos put up. NOT their concessions, NOT their clients, NOT their trophies...misrepresented their area as "Itulu Forest RUNGWA" and referred to it constantly as "The Rungwa" ...one was taken of a successful hunt in the SELOUS, another in the real RUNGWA of a successful hunt. Other 2 I hope forum members will know.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnnomarlin:
My first topic despite being a follower for many years..

Hi John,
With the great knowledge on this "sight" you may have been saved this grief if you did post sooner (request for info on outfitter).
Anyway its now too late for that but would you be prepared to state who you hunted with. If there was no Buffalo in the area (or very few at that) I would prefer to stay away from this mob.
If you want to send me the photos I should be able to post them for you.
Cheers,
Adam

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where you hunting with Zahir Mulla?

Posts: 618 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So who was it?

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lavaca, photos on their way. Being posted by Lane. He and his Dad were hunting Chewore South with Nigel Thiessen, and I had a great lion hunt with James Rosenfals, when we had a few celebratories around the fire! May 2006. When you see the photos, and then know there were "NO ZIP ZERO" buff even on the Game Scouts list, as the PH and we discovered day one, and that the last buff clipped in the concession was four years prior, and the local tracking crew look at the ground, scratch their noggins and almost giggle at the mention of buff... my query is "Would you consider that sending photos of big buff is 'Deceptive and Misleading conduct'"... and has anyone else been conned by bullshit photos? Cheers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pity the Marlin fishing offer wasn't taken up.
You could have taken them to a duck pond for tadpoles.
Bad form misrepresenting game quality by using pics from another area. Mind you I am constantly amazed at where I see photo's from some of my hunts so perhaps this is becoming "common behavior".
All the more reason for these less than ethical operators to be "outed" so all AR members and their friends can avoid the disappointment you have experienced.

Posts: 464 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I've banged on about this before but image theft is a constant ongoing problem and one that drives me nucking futs on a regular basis.

An example of how bad it is is that every pic that's posted pretty much anywhere on the net gets crawled by Google and other spiders and then automatically saved to Google images and I'm sure elsewhere as well.

Then others can go to Google images etc and just help themselves to whatever they fancy.

My advice would be to either not post pics at all or overprint them with copyright protected or similar. Even overprinting isn't 110% sure to put people off but it does make it harder for them.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Johnno's Photo's

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Johnno is a good friend and fine gentleman.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Here's how they do it.

Someone posts a pic on the net & Google automatically copy it into Google images then someone Googles a phrase such as 'elephant hunter' then clicks images & they have thousands of related images they can save & use. The only way to stop it is for the owner to find his own images & have Google remove them....... & for every one found, claimed & reported many more go unclaimed & illegally used etc.

Those pics just posted above will be in the Google image directory within a few days at most.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane:

I recognize the last of your posted photos which go back quite a few years Wink

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Lane:

I recognize the last of your posted photos which go back quite a few years Wink

Fujo,
Shed some light. Johnnomarlin is a friend of mine as well as Nigel. He sent me these pics to post for him as he needs to gather info as to where they were actually taken and by who.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
I believe you should get pics of what you asked for or an explanation as to why they won't be sent

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Johnno - Very sorry to hear about this, it does no good for the hunting industry as a whole, and it obviously did you no good either!

It goes without saying that using pics from other areas/outfitters, etc, is un-acceptable. Paying clients deserve better!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a picture of Aaron Neilson when I send out my modeling resume's. Am I a bad person?

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
I use a picture of Aaron Neilson when I send out my modeling resume's. Am I a bad person?
Bad ....or not that bright?? bewildered

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You auditioning for the Cheers reunion or campaigning against sleeved shirts?

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tygersman:
quote:

You auditioning for the Cheers reunion or campaigning against sleeved shirts?
rotflmo

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

We all know the answer to that.... coffee

Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Really...anyone who could tell Johnno who/where/when on each of the pics...please do even if it is in a PM. He is in a similar predicament as Jeff and needs the info for legal proceedings.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why the obvious reluctance to name the "outfitter"?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
That top picture is the first one in Rungwa's elephant gallery.

http://www.rungwasafaris.com/t...allery/elephant.html

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, Thanks for input...from the top, ele in Harpreet Brars Rungwa, buff still a mystery, Good hunt in Miombi/Rungwa (anyone know these chaps??), and bottom pic is Luke Samaras' Selous. Perhaps they thought I needed a reminder of what buff look like.. after decking nine. BUT, facts are.. Where we drove around, last buff (2 trophies) in the only camp on the concession's Game Book records was 2006, four years before. Last eland (2) were in 2005. I think we all look at the 'secondary" animals like eland, sable, roan, Klippies, etc ...so photos like the above do play a significant part in reassuring you "Go for It". How many hunters come home from a REAMING and just put it behind them and get on with their lives and future plans? We're only putting the baits out, to use marlin fishing lingo..Wait til we Hook Up!! and get the gaffs out!! Cheers, Johnno

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Johnnomarlin:

What's the story with Luke Samaras?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Fujo, The last photo is Luke's clients and trophies in the Selous, sent to me by a bullshit artist to show me the camp/trophies I could expect ...but the bullshitters concession "Itulu Forest RUNGWA" was 3 hours away by light aircraft, and buffalo were last seen 4 years before, and eland 5 years before... so I figure the photo was "deceptive and misleading"!! I know Luke, he's a good bloke and he knew nothing about this representation. The hunters in the photo didnt know it had been sent to me either. I reckon sending photos of other (better!) outfitters trophies/ camps is weak as piss, and fraudulent! What about you?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Time of this was early july 2010. The "outfitter"/seller of the hunt was well known and trusted (at that time) by mutual friends. His website was "under construction", but he told me he had hunters in the field, game was thick, "leopards falling out of the trees".. so I said Great, send us a few photos of your camp and your trophies. Reasonable??

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, its ok to undersell yourself ... A lot. This would be the complete opposite of what happened here with camp & Buffalo photos.

Apparently you don't want any modeling gigs either. Just sayin'.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Johnno,
Got this from a friend.

Lane,

The last photo with the 4 tusks and the mess hut in the background is taken in Luke Samaras' camp in Nankonko but it must date back around 7/8 years if not more.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I reckon sending photos of other (better!) outfitters trophies/ camps is weak as piss, and fraudulent! What about you?

JohnnoBlackie:

Just not cricket and the culprits ought to be taken to the cleaners! shame

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had the pleasure of hunting with Jonno and his son Alex twice and can tell you that he is not a whiner and certainly does not "sweat the small stuff" - deliver whats promised and make sure the cold beers dont run out and he is a happy man! ( a recipe that I have found works with pretty much all Aussies!)

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
I have had the pleasure of hunting with Jonno and his son Alex twice and can tell you that he is not a whiner and certainly does not "sweat the small stuff" - deliver whats promised and make sure the cold beers dont run out and he is a happy man! ( a recipe that I have found works with pretty much all Aussies!)

What's the CMS recipe for Alaskans? Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:

Last time I was with Johnno...he didn't whine if the beer wasn't cold. Running out might have been a problem though.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Substitute replacement therapy has been known to work on the odd occasion the beer has been misplaced but this can have attendant risk.

Posts: 464 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ridge! Fine reds and good company by the fire!... The good news from this topic is that it seems very rare for potential clients to receive photos of fine trophies of species that are non-existent on the seller's concession. No other posters said they'd been misled. The very experienced mutual friend got shafted too tne next year (only one lion from a series of lion trophy photos was shot on the concession, not recent.. and ele bulls photos from Ngorongoro!!) but he doesnt post. When the Court in Cairns, Australia hands down judgement I'll be free to name. He started the case... "Ever tried putting shit back in a horse?" will be his lesson. Cheers!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I dunno Dave. I think you two might have fallen out of the same tree and hit a few of the same branches on the way down. Big Grin

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigUglyMan:
quote:

I dunno Dave. I think you two might have fallen out of the same tree and hit a few of the same branches on the way down. Big Grin

dancing

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Aaron was a lot higher up in that tree.

Just sayin'

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote