New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buy anything at DSC ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am mainly fishing in 2018. So no new hunting trips for me.

Swarovski 8x25 pocket binos
Swarovski Z-3

Cool leather whiskey box from Africa Sporting.

All in all a great show.

Thanks Larry Shores for the great dinner - was good meeting Todd Williams, his son Austin and other good people.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
a couple of hunts I was not planning to buy, but I did.

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stone sheep hunt, Kansas deer hunt, miscellaneous things for the ranch and the fur coat for my wife at one of the auctions. Also several Fenix flashlights.

I had the most fun over the coat. My wife kept saying to quit, I didn’t have to buy it. I told everyone that she MADE me buy it. This aggravated her greatly. As we were leaving a couple commented about the coat. With a totally straight face I said “wait until she figures out I put it on her credit card.” They broke up laughing.

I am probably going to buy a few more things once I make sure they will work for me. Fire pit, shooting houses, and a device to load deer on my 4 wheeler.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Just some clothes as we already have our next hunt arranged. Did buy the 3 guys behind me in the beer line a beer. They had me in stiches.

I would like to thank the inventor of yoga pants. :-)

Posts: 788 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ended up buying a Heym Martini Express in .404 Jeffery. The wife and I chatted with Tropic Star and a couple outfitters in Zim and the Caprivi Strip. We'll probably get those locked down soon enough.

Posts: 83 | Location: Stephenville, TX & Hamilton, MT | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
One thing I did not buy was whisky! Thank you Mike. Smiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37719 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a weak person..lol..
I booked a few hunts I wasn't planning on...
Two nice hunts at auction that were really good deals (Tholo and Graham Jones)
I'm going to Tipiluke in Argentina this March during the roar as my buddy had a spot open up due to a cancellation.
Also headed back to Zambia next year now...Booked a hunt with Greg Brownlee I've wanted to do for a while....

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Bought a hunt to Namibia during the banquet auctions that I was not planning on; clothes; boots; coat for the wife; renewed all my magazine subscriptions.

Best of all, Andrew brought my Rigby Highlander. Marc and the boys did a great job and I loved the upgrades: nicer wood, case color hardening and a bolt peep.

Safe travels to all.....LL

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
One thing I did not buy was whisky! Thank you Mike. Smiler

Your welcome Lane.

Sorry could not meet up and spend time drinking.

Spent a good part of the day ubering around Dallas wiring money from one bank account to another cause I screwed up some administrative stuff.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Bought:

(1) SportEAR custom fit plugs;
(2) Two magazine subscriptions: Renewed African Outfitter and new Africa Hunting Gazette;
(3) A lot of booze, and;
(4) Two 3000lbs Outback Products corn feeders.

Forgot to buy, an $15 iPhone adaptor for my Trail Cameras from GSM products. Oh, well.

Posts: 768 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Gave our four Leopard Floating bones to a jeweler to make a pair of earrings to go with Joyce’s Lion Floating bone necklace.

Going to Starwood Motors tomorrow to test drive one of the tricked out Jeep JK’s they had on display.

Talked with Greg Brownlee about a couple future hunt possibilities but not ready to book.

Mostly enjoyed visiting with old friends and making some new ones.

Cheers
J&J

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7621 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought a Paradox 16 bore with extra set of 12 bore barrels from George and two sculptures from Ted Schnack of Denver. The finest I have seen at DSC all these years.

Also bought a 24 pack of 500 grain .458 Swift new solids to try as well for upcoming ele hunt and their A-Frames for the croc.

One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
DSC Life Membership, poacher's spear blade (tip) from Zambeze Delta Conservation and Anti-Poaching, and a canvas/leather rifle sling.

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dakota Mod.10 in 7x57. Commissioned a painting. Sold lots of Tuffpaks thank you. Was good seeing old friends. I have been an exhibitor for 25 yrs. Better tomorrows!

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bell’s autobiography book and a HS Precision .280 AI rifle. Jon Bieber made me buy the rifle. It coulda been worse - he might have made me buy a Blaser.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Dakota bolt gun in 7x57, another model 10 Dakota this one in 6.5 and setting up a rigby order plus one hunt.

I sold 6 knives so it was nearly break even show for me.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Won the Save Safaris auction hunt for a fraction of the listed value. Also bought a really nice stock blank for my Fox DE grade shotgun. I contracted with a stock maker in the custom gunmakers row to have a stock made from this blank to my dimensions for the DE so I can use the gun for bird hunting.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Some photos on this thread would be a kindness for the less fortunate who could not attend ...

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16623 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Martin and I discussed buying this:

But in his heart of hearts I knew he really wanted one of these:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37719 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Booked 16 days in Masailand with Pierre Von Tonder for plains game, 7days in South Africa with Johan Herman for buffalo.

The wife and I are jazzed!!!!!!

Also bought a pulsar thermal scope, the pigs in Barksdale won't be real happy.

Posts: 42337 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Lane, it is very plain to see that Martin was "greatly pleased" with that tracked tank thing. It reminds me of some of the fabulous toys in the old Neiman-Marcus catalogs.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16623 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted Hide Post
Booked a sable/ plains game hunt with Neil Duckworth /Mokore in Coutada 9 in early September. New gaiters and a rifle case.

Posts: 262 | Location: Huffman, TX.  | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cajun1956:
DSC Life Membership, poacher's spear blade (tip) from Zambeze Delta Conservation and Anti-Poaching, and a canvas/leather rifle sling.

Loved the “hand made in Africa by Zambezi poachers” sign they had to sell them.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Sounds like MISSOULA added straight flights to Dallas coming up this yearso I’m sure planing to attend next year

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being an ex-KGB guy, not sure the Texans will let you in the Lone Star State!!!!

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
I was only there on Friday and I only bought some books - a couple by Peter Flack (Hunting the African Buffalo and Hunting Icons of Africa); a couple by Craig Boddington (From the Cape to Kasserine and Deadly Encounters) and one by Kenneth Czech (An Annotated Bibliography of African Big Game Hunting Books 1785 to 1950).

I had the good pleasure to meet dogcat and his wife. I talked with Arjun Reddy about muskox hunting in Greenland.

Bill/Oregon asked for some photos. Here are a few snapshots.

Posts: 713 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flipper Dude:
Booked a sable/ plains game hunt with Neil Duckworth /Mokore in Coutada 9 in early September. New gaiters and a rifle case.
You will most definitely not be disappointed!!

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our pleasure to meet you as well!!
Great show and lots of fun!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mostly just walked around and enjoyed the show. Visited about some hunts but I hate to book a new one when I don't have my mounts back from the last one yet! Got a good deal on tanzenite so I bought my wife a very nice ring.
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two Banovich prints from his Big Five Series: Buffalo and Elephant. I also booked a buffalo/sable hunt with Charlton McCallum for this August.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I arranged a meeting between Pierre von Tonder and Butch Manasse of Hunt-Nation.com to handle bookings for Pierre in the US. Pierre has expanded since my first hunt with him in the Selous, and now offers hunts in RSA, Namibia, and in the Massailand. I'll be right on JTEX's heels for Gerenuk, Grant's, Thompson's, and Lesser Kudu :-)

Posts: 20156 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
And that's why I don't go. I'd come back with a few guns and a few extra trips.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Being an ex-KGB guy, not sure the Texans will let you in the Lone Star State!!!!

I will slip in one way or the other Ross

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Milan, Having associated and shot with you at the Safari World Championship in Libby, I'll be happy to sponsor your trip to Texas, You will fit right in!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
12 days in the BVC with John Sharp.

0351 USMC

Posts: 1535 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:

I will slip in one way or the other Ross

Certainly on Milan! We'll be glad to have you.

Posts: 42337 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll be right on JTEX's heels for Gerenuk, Grant's, Thompson's, and Lesser Kudu :-)

I will make sure there are a few left Wink

I thought Pierre didn't allow Blowsers???????

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kind of got in trouble this year. A buffalo hunt in October with a focus on roan, kudu, defassa waterbuck, and crock in Lukwati with Blake Wilhemi of Michel Mantheakis Safaris, a spare set of Courtneys, a Banovich print and some books, including Peter Flack's buffalo book. Very good convention, thanks to DSC.

Posts: 10307 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought aCooper Backcountry 6.5X284 Norma. Europtic had a great deal on these. Alex has really grown his company the past several years. Met with John Wamback Pro-Hunting Namibia as I already had a plains game hunt booked with him for plains game in Nambia Erongo Mountains.

Posts: 88 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote