Notify
Tools

Leopard clobbers PH
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted
http://skinnymoose.com/dailyli...eopard-charge-video/

Apologies if you have all seen this. Considering the animal was hard hit and not moving very fast it smacks the guy like a train. The PH is no camel jockey either.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Unforgetable Hunting
posted Hide Post
Oau!!!!! What an experience! Thanks for sharing...

Posts: 599 | Location: Romania, Europe | Registered: 29 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
that was a tough kitty.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The tracker that was going to clobber it with the axe better have gotten a big tip and a bonus!

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
The tracker that was going to clobber it with the axe better have gotten a big tip and a bonus!

I noticed that as well, and I agree!

From the looks of it, the PH thought he had 1 bullet left in that double right before he got jumped. His gun is right on the cat but the cat just comes for him. I've seen this video before with people commenting on that guy screaming, but I can't say I blame him! He's lucky he didn't get hit by the bullet that killed that cat!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
The second cameraman was in the way preventing the tracker from being in there sooner with his ax.

I heard a guy screaming like that once. His wife was beating him with a steam iron.

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
The PH who gets flattened had a bolt gun.

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Milo Shanghai:
The PH who gets flattened had a bolt gun.

You're right, I thought it was the other guy with the hat on it showed shooting the double earlier in the film. Guess he didn't have time to work the bolt.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
quote:

He actually won an award for it. Roy (the camera man) was in my camp this year filming for an Australian hunter. The unedited version has some pretty funny comments after the mauling. I also got to meet the P.H. that was mauled as he is a good friend of the P.H. I hunted with.

Mike

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
For those who wish to download this video to their computers.

I suggest you download REALPLAYER.

It allows you to download most of the videos one finds on the Internet.

There are several version of the software, but all you need is the free version for this.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine what I would sound like if that thing was on me. He was entitled to make any sound he felt like.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
For those who wish to download this video to their computers.

I suggest you download REALPLAYER.

It allows you to download most of the videos one finds on the Internet.

There are several version of the software, but all you need is the free version for this.

Thanks for that tip Saeed. Does it also work for Youtube?

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Yes it does. In fact, it seems to download any video that I have seen on the net.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chris,

Yes it does. In fact, it seems to download any video that I have seen on the net.

+1

The free version allows you to download, and there is an upgrade that allows you to burn to DVD's. I had some problems burning vids downloaded in Real format.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't imagine what I would sound like if that thing was on me. He was entitled to make any sound he felt like.

I would be squeeling like a school girl... jumping

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chris,

Excellent! Thanks Saeed.

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
really though, wearing that shirt on a safari? I think the leopard singled him out for that reason. animal

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
An old video that's been around and all over the internet for quite some time. It was shown at SCI a couple of conventions ago, with some of the real players there to describe and discuss it. It's still great to watch, though. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muletrain:
I heard a guy screaming like that once. His wife was beating him with a steam iron.

That's funny; I don't care who y'are.

Lemme guess Muletrain, it was in your fair city? I've never been bored in Houston, folks just seem to let 'er rip.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOWHUNR:
quote:

He actually won an award for it. Roy (the camera man) was in my camp this year filming for an Australian hunter. The unedited version has some pretty funny comments after the mauling. I also got to meet the P.H. that was mauled as he is a good friend of the P.H. I hunted with.

Mike

This is the version that was posted awhile back. This was my post on that thread regarding the tracker.

quote:
Posted 18 January 2010 03:39 Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by JBrown

I could not tell where the final shot came from. It looked like it was from the left of the guy who was being attacked. If so the guy in the ground is lucky he was not shot in the legs as he was kicking the cat.

Did anyone else notice the black African moving in on the leopard as it had the guy down while the others were making a hasty retreat? What was the black guy carrying? It looked like a panga. You have to admire that guys pluck.

After going back and watching that version all I can say is the client was a total c###. What a "hero" making the kill shot.
Roll Eyes
I really liked when he said that he was moving to the right to make the shot. It looked to me like he was backpedaling.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Who are these shit head clients that wound these things in the first place?

At least the leopard had balls.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:

If given a choice, I think I'd a picked the Leopard...

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Collins:
quote:

If given a choice, I think I'd a picked the Leopard...

Right. Once the leopard has given you a good scratching he'll move onto to someone else but a wife is like a lion; they try to finish you.

I bet that guy took, and will take to his last day, a load of crap from his buddies about wailing.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
After going back and watching that version all I can say is the client was a total c###. What a "hero" making the kill shot.

Wounded a leopard, (nobody on AR has ever blown a shot). Martin thought enough of the client to allow him on the follow up and the client shoots the leopard without hitting the PH. I am sure Chappy appreciated the shot. Your standards are pretty high to not be a c###.

Will, if I wound anything this year I will be sure not to tell you, but it surely will be attributed to the second trigger on the Krieghoff.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
quote:

Wounded a leopard, (nobody on AR has ever blown a shot). Martin thought enough of the client to allow him on the follow up and the client shoots the leopard without hitting the PH. I am sure Chappy appreciated the shot. Your standards are pretty high to not be a c###.

Will, if I wound anything this year I will be sure not to tell you, but it surely will be attributed to the second trigger on the Krieghoff.

Said by the client with more than a hint of pride:
" The fact that I was the one to make the, um, fataling shot to, um, get the leopard off him, um, really made us all stop and to pause to give thanks to what we had just encountered. "

What!?
This was the guy who started the whole mess! I'm not condemning him for wounding it, but I really can't see a client being proud of shooting the leopard he wounded while it was in the process of mauling someone who was only there to clean up the client's mess.

I hope I no one ever gets mauled by an animal that I have wounded. But if it were to happen I would hope that it would humble me enough to refrain from making statements that make me sound as though I thought I was the hero, regardless of how I handled the follow-up.

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I had to go back an re-watch the video I posted. No matter how many times I see it I laugh when Martin says: "You scream like a bi@@@!"

And can anyone tell me, on guns that a PH uses only for leopard follow-ups why don't they have them fitted with a bayonet?

I am talking of course of the 12ga shotguns that are often used. I realize that the chap who got chewed was using a bolt rifle, but I would have thought a bayonet would have given him another half second....

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
The guy looked manly but damn he squeeeeeled like a girl. I feel bad for him that his voice was captured. They should have altered his voice to sound less like a tranny fight.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't care how tough of a man you are any one would squeal like a girl when that cat sank his teeth in your belly.

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
The guy looked manly but damn he squeeeeeled like a girl. I feel bad for him that his voice was captured. They should have altered his voice to sound less like a tranny fight.

He has taken a whole raft of $hit from his buddies. I've only met the man once, but I can tell you I sure as hell wouldn't want to go a round with him.

Mike

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wetdog2084:
I don't care how tough of a man you are any one would squeal like a girl when that cat sank his teeth in your belly.

Big Grin tu2 Big Grin

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
His buddies should turn his squealing into a ring tone to piss him off more lol

Eeeeeeee! EEEEEE! Eeeeee!

Sorry I got to take this call.

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Compare to hyena

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
His buddies should turn his squealing into a ring tone to piss him off more lol

Eeeeeeee! EEEEEE! Eeeeee!

Sorry I got to take this call.

As pointed out above, it's real easy to talk like that when you aren't under a leopard.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote