Tools

Ban jolouburn
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Those of you who choose to engage this and other anti-hunters in debate are wasting your time and bandwidth.

They do not care about the economics of wildlife utilization where a 2% (or smaller) percentage of the wildlife pays for the continued existence of the other 98%.

They do not care about the benefits to local communities, e.g., meat, employment, and suppression of poaching.

They do not care about the science of wildlife management where wildlife populations are kept in balance with the carrying capacity of the environment.

They do not care about the fact that wildlife populations continue to grow ONLY in those areas where hunting and sound conservation (not preservation) are practiced.

Talking to them is like engaging our resident idiots in debate on the PF. You can do it, but really, what is the point?

George

Agreed! tu2

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
quote:
Originally posted by jolouburn:
Was a tweet i made on the 13th Spetember 2011, more than a month before i joined here and learnt anything from you (generic) the best you could do?
It just leads one question your motivation for coming to AR. It could cause one to suspect, for example, exactly what it is you are trying to "learn" here and what you will be doing with that information once you have it.

~

What do you think she's doing?

She's mining quotes like this one from some of our less thoughtful members:

quote:
Hunters response to Sun article on hunting. 'let's shoot them all (lion) & be done with it.' shoot as many as you can while you can Contd..

18th January.

This is a person who's intellectual blind spots are only matched by her mendacity, she doesn't even understand why a pair of bunny rabbit shoes, note that I appreciated the fur is fake in my post above, might be a slightly incongruous addition to the tat on auction.

Fellas...

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
quote:
Was a tweet i made on the 13th Spetember 2011, more than a month before i joined here and learnt anything from you (generic) the best you could do?
It just leads one question your motivation for coming to AR. It could cause one to suspect, for example, exactly what it is you are trying to "learn" here and what you will be doing with that information once you have it.

~

Mining comments like this from our less than thoughtful members:
quote:
Hunters response to Sun article on hunting. 'let's shoot them all (lion) & be done with it.' shoot as many as you can while you can Contd..

Well done lads, here is a person who cannot see the hypocrisy in offering bunny tail ~( Not Hugh Hefner as has no tail Wink ) fake fur ( you'll notice that I appreciated they were fake and Ms. Burn blithely said so again anyway) shoes as part of the rest of tat being auctioned.

These are people who's intellectual blind spots are only matched by their mendacity, come now gentlemen...

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes I tweeted that. It was a disgusting comment to make. However it is the only thing I've repeated from here.
With the personal attacks on here and incorrect info on me such as what I look like and what I do you have no reason to complain when I use one disgusting comment from many made here.
What goes around comes around!
Also if you want to spy on my twitter I'd suggest a hunter is not the best spy especially when all their posts are hunting related!
I honestly cannot understand your obsession with me, I'm no threat to any one of you nor am I a threat to hunting I dont have that kind of influence.
I'm flattered at your interest but it's of little concern to me and my only suggestion is that you must try harder with the insults!
I'm here to discuss wildlife and lions not my life and I'll stick to that from now. Unfortunately you have had to stoop to insults and name calling as you cannot answer my questions and won't admit to corruption and the need for things to change.
It really is a sad state if affairs and a loss of credibility for many of you.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes I tweeted that. It was a disgusting comment to make. However it is the only thing I've repeated from here.
With the personal attacks on here and incorrect info on me such as what I look like and what I do you have no reason to complain when I use one disgusting comment from many made here.
Also if you want to spy on my twitter I'd suggest a hunter is not the best spy especially when all their posts are hunting related!
I honestly cannot understand your obsession with me, I'm no threat to any one of you nor am I a threat to hunting I dont have that kind of influence.
I'm flattered at your interest but it's of little concern to me and my only suggestion is that you must try harder with the insults!
I'm here to discuss wildlife and lions not my life and I'll stick to that from now. Unfortunately you have had to stoop to insults and name calling as you cannot answer my questions and won't admit to corruption and the need for things to change.

Hmm, I wonder if you've used any quotes from AR or anywhere else that might show hunters in a positive light when it comes to animal conservation?

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:

Obsession madam?

A twitter post is intended to be made directly into the public domain, how can you complain about being quoted over here for a post you've quoted over there?

In the the circumstances, I would then suggest that the sentiment expressed in above displays a touch of incongruity Ms. Burn.

I am rather put out that you should feel that I'm insulting you, I sought only to highlight what I saw as mendacity and an intellectual blind spot. I can only apologise if you feel insulted but please be assured that were you not talking out of both sides of your mouth the charges would not have been leveled.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I used to think Joe Barton had the lowest IQ by showing how important he is on Twitter - our English friends would know who Barton is.

Jo, you beat Barton hands down.

Didn't I mention in my answer to her somewhere else taht this is exactky what she is looking for?

By the way Jo, being a landlady, are you the one who kicked the Beefeater out after he had spoken to his daughter in German in your pub?

Sounds like it.

Someone sent me a link to that article, with the following comment "...this must be the idiot your members are laughing at, and she does not even know it!..."

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68651 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
jolouburn, you seem to "object emotionally" to a lot of things involving hunting.

Perhaps you ought to interject some thought, and less emotion, into your chosen objections?

Honestly, I don't even know what "object emotionally" means.

Does a lump rise in your throat? Do your eyes water? Does your heart beat faster? Do you become utterly verklemmt?

Try ignoring all of that and thinking. You'll do better at nearly everything you attempt.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13619 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

These intellectul ruminations are truly scintillating. More please.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7MMNut:
quote:

Hmm, I wonder if you've used any quotes from AR or anywhere else that might show hunters in a positive light when it comes to animal conservation?

The above exchange is an example of the reason that hunters should never respond to animal rights folks on a hunting website! These folks do not come to a hunting website for information,or understanding, but to glean ammo to use against hunters, and hunting in general. No matter how nice, and understanding they pretend to be, most are just as rabid as the folks at ALF, and PETA, and are just as close minded even when they are smart enough to “WALK SOFTLY, BUT ALSO CARRY A BIG STICK” !

As in this case, sooner or later we find our own words taken out of context or edited to change the meaning, in their websites along with a statement of “See even the hunters agree with us!” or “See the hunters want to kill everything” . Things like the facetious statement by one of the hunters (shoot them all) here repeated as if it was his true belief. That statement posted by the hunter was sarcasm, but in the her “TWEET” or what ever, it was posted as a serious statement.

Facts are lost on people that have their minds made up!

...................................................................................... donttroll

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:

The above exchange is an example of the reason that hunters should never respond to animal rights folks on a hunting website! These folks do not come to a hunting website for information,or understanding, but to glean ammo to use against hunters, and hunting in
general. No matter how nice, and understanding
they pretend to be, most are just as rabid
as the folks at ALF, and PETA, and are just as
close minded even when they are smart enoughto “WALK SOFTLY, BUT ALSO CARRY A BIG
STICK” !
As in this case, sooner or later we find our own words taken out of context or edited to change the meaning, in their websites along
with a statement of “See even the hunters
agree with us!” or “See the hunters want to
kill everything” . Things like the facetious
statement by one of the hunters (shoot them
all) here repeated as if it was his true
belief. That statement posted by the hunter
was sarcasm, but in the her “TWEET” or what
ever, it was posted as a serious statement.

Facts are lost on people that have their minds made up :

This thread should close on Mac's wise words........

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:
Originally posted by 7MMNut:
quote:

The above exchange is an example of the reason that hunters should never respond to animal rights folks on a hunting website! These folks do not come to a hunting website for information,or understanding, but to glean ammo to use against hunters, and hunting in general. No matter how nice, and understanding they pretend to be, most are just as rabid as the folks at ALF, and PETA, and are just as close minded even when they are smart enough to “WALK SOFTLY, BUT ALSO CARRY A BIG STICK” !

As in this case, sooner or later we find our own words taken out of context or edited to change the meaning, in their websites along with a statement of “See even the hunters agree with us!” or “See the hunters want to kill everything” . Things like the facetious statement by one of the hunters (shoot them all) here repeated as if it was his true belief. That statement posted by the hunter was sarcasm, but in the her “TWEET” or what ever, it was posted as a serious statement.

...................................................................................... donttroll

Mac,

In thinking about your post, I believe you're 100% correct. I hope that it is understood that the sarcasm in the post that quoted in Twitter land was not lost on me. I was only pointing out that as while Jo claims she has no problem with hunting in general, that I was certain she had never taken anything that should be viewed as positive w.r.t. hunters and put it out there. And in fact only took that quote out of context as well as others I'd guess, to only further fan the flames of the anti's.

But as you say, it would best not to engage further with her or her ilk.

7MMNut a.k.a. Phil

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She is getting exactly what she wants. If you all ignore her, she won't continue.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
She is getting exactly what she wants. If you all ignore her, she won't continue.

Exactly.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I actually think she got a lot more than she bargained for.

Posts: 68651 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nah....she's just regaining her composure and will come back for more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you really want to talk about ethics African hunters quest?
With the corruption in the hunting industry i would suggest not!

joluburn, could you dilate a bit on the "corruption in the hunting industry"? What do mean by that? I don't understand? AIU

Administrator
posted Hide Post
She is referring to the "canned" lion industry in South Africa, which we are all aware off.

Also, she is trying to deflect attention from the total corruption on her own side.

Where individuals with absolutely no knowledge of life in the bush are trying to ram their own so called "ethics" down everyone else's throats - while at the same time lining up their own pockets.

She is a perfect example of this.

That is what REAL corruption is.

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
I see nothing much has changed in the 6 weeks I have been absent from AR....Jolo is still spouting dung and the subject is pretty much the same!!

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Since I was one of the ones that supported letting her stay, if nothing else, she has proven a point I have made over and over on AR about the Anti-Hunting society. While she is not as radical as some members of that group, and seems to be offering an Olive Branch in the form of not stopping all hunting at THIS TIME, only shutting down lion hunting.

The real concept of her approach and the less radicals in the anti movement, is to pick away, starting with species like the lion that is having problems, getting it shut down then moving on to say the rhino or elephants.

I believe the less radicals of the movement have adopted the divide and conquer strategy and instead of openly attacking ALL hunting at once, come thru the backdoor and work at getting hunting of certain species stopped, starting with the ones that there is already controversy with in the hunting community about.

We make ourselves vunerable to these attacks thru our own attitudes about or toward each other, based on our individual ideas/beliefs/concept of how hunting should be conducted.

As a group, we have to beaware of two basic premises, 1. We have to stop attacking each other over our individual beliefs on hunting, and 2. Regardless of jolouburn's protestations over her motives, she is an Anti-Hunter and it does not matter how placating or radical, their motives are all the same, stop ALL hunting and they are going to push for that objective in whatever manner they can.

They do not care if it happens one species at a time or everything at once, as others have said and more eloquently, it has nothing to do with animals is has to do with controlling other humans. JMO.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pony-spot on once again. I agree with you.

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
While she is not as radical as some members of that group, and seems to be offering an Olive Branch in the form of not stopping all hunting at THIS TIME, only shutting down lion hunting.

The real concept of her approach and the less radicals in the anti movement, is to pick away, starting with species like the lion that is having problems, getting it shut down then moving on to say the rhino or elephants.

Beware the Greek bearing gifts! In this case the “Trojan horse” is the lion, with the elephant or some other animal inside once opened.

These people have been taught by the hunting community to follow the path of least resistance, by taking advantage of the in-fighting among hunters over silly little cultural “so-called” ethics practiced in different areas of the world.

This is a sad state of affaires,IMO, because as long as the rules of the game department are followed to the letter, and nothing is taken above what is allowed on quota and rules of engagement, set by the local game management body in the country and concession where you are hunting, you have exercised their ETHICS, and taken no more than what the species can stand. If that isn’t what you believe proper, then simply do not hunt there. However we seem to tend toward doing the same as the anti-hunting community does, try to force our ethics down the throats of other hunters, opening the gate to pull that "TROJAN HORSE" inside our ranks.

.................................................................................. old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Hulme:
I see nothing much has changed in the 6 weeks I have been absent from AR....Jolo is still spouting dung and the subject is pretty much the same!!

Apparently everyone has decided to ignore her.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since I was one of the ones that supported letting her stay, if nothing else, she has proven a point I have made over and over on AR about the Anti-Hunting society. While she is not as radical as some members of that group, and seems to be offering an Olive Branch in the form of not stopping all hunting at THIS TIME, only shutting down lion hunting.

I believe the less radicals of the movement have adopted the divide and conquer strategy and instead of openly attacking ALL hunting at once, come thru the backdoor and work at getting hunting of certain species stopped, starting with the ones that there is already controversy with in the hunting community about.

We make ourselves vunerable to these attacks thru our own attitudes about or toward each other, based on our individual ideas/beliefs/concept of how hunting should be conducted.

As a group, we have to beaware of two basic premises, 1. We have to stop attacking each other over our individual beliefs on hunting, and 2. Regardless of jolouburn's protestations over her motives, she is an Anti-Hunter and it does not matter how placating or radical, their motives are all the same, stop ALL hunting and they are going to push for that objective in whatever manner they can.

They do not care if it happens one species at a time or everything at once, as others have said and more eloquently, it has nothing to do with animals is has to do with controlling other humans. JMO.

That Sir, is the best post you have made on this forum.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7623 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
http://www.lionaid.org/event/index.php

Jo and Alan Burn are raising funds to help finance our ongoing campaign to bring about a ban on the importation of lion trophies into the EU. The auction will take place on Twitter, Ebay and Facebook.

The auction lots are listed here.
http://www.lionaid.org/gallery...galleries.php?gid=20

Jo says

"This page isn't about me, it's about saving the lion from becoming extinct. I am trying to raise money for a charity called LION AID who are doing wonderful work...
... {On the dedicated LionAid Facebook Fundraising Page} I will be detailing ways you can help raise money for this wonderful charity starting with an auction which will take place {on Facebook}, on Ebay and on Twitter. To follow updates on Twitter my user name is jolouburn.
http://twitter.com/#!/JoLouBurn

I will update you on the Ebay details when I have linked {the Facebook}page and Ebay together.

Please support this wonderful effort from Jo and Alan. They are still looking for more auction lots to add into this Grand Auction.

Can YOU donate something? Or do you know someone who can?

Y'all may all want to check out what else jolouburn has quoted you on!

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
I had been doing a pretty good job of ignoring them myself. Until they decided to mischaracterize an old post on AR. (they dug deep also... it was 20 odd pages back).

They really like being selective on what they remember and what they post. You sometimes have to point that out.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Lionaid

Now keep in mind, before you jump on there FB and post, that controversy actually helps them.
Groups like this need it to successfully fundraise.

This is why, for the most part, I have quite posting on there wall.

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RaySendero:
http://www.lionaid.org/event/index.php

Jo and Alan Burn are raising funds to help finance our ongoing campaign to bring about a ban on the importation of lion trophies into the EU. The auction will take place on Twitter, Ebay and Facebook.

The auction lots are listed here.
http://www.lionaid.org/gallery...galleries.php?gid=20

Jo says

"This page isn't about me, it's about saving the lion from becoming extinct. I am trying to raise money for a charity called LION AID who are doing wonderful work...
... {On the dedicated LionAid Facebook Fundraising Page} I will be detailing ways you can help raise money for this wonderful charity starting with an auction which will take place {on Facebook}, on Ebay and on Twitter. To follow updates on Twitter my user name is jolouburn.
http://twitter.com/#!/JoLouBurn

I will update you on the Ebay details when I have linked {the Facebook}page and Ebay together.

Please support this wonderful effort from Jo and Alan. They are still looking for more auction lots to add into this Grand Auction.

Can YOU donate something? Or do you know someone who can?

Y'all may all want to check out what else jolouburn has quoted you on!

damn, and all this time i took her at her word that she wasn't anti-hunting---NOT !!!! WELL, MR. CRAZYHORSE IT'S A GOOD THING YOU ARE AROUND TO CHAMPION HER CAUSE AND URGE US TO TOLERATE HER INTOLERABLE PRESENCE HERE. she CERTAINLY added a lot to an African hunting forum

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13392 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JDOLLAR I WAS NOT CHAMPIONING HER CAUSE AT ANY POINT!

How about just for the fun of it, you try a little readfing comprthension instead of cloming down with terminal diarrhea of the mouth.

quote:

It is real easy to go thru life ignorant and JDOLLAR you are living proof of that. To gain knowledge of an enemy, you have to listen to what they have to say and realize that none of what comes out of their mouth is based on factual knowledge, but instead is based on their desire to control the actions of others and they don't care what they have to do to seize that control.

You want to stick your head in the sand or up your own anus, that is your priveledge, more power to you, But, at no point wa I defending this woman and her activities.

I was merely pointing out that this person and those like her have an agenda and at no point in that agenda are they going to lose sight of their goal, no matter how much factual evidence is piled in front of them, and for ANYONE to try and reason with those people is about a effective as pissing into wind and hoping not to get any on you.

As for your personal opinion of me, you are welcome to it, but where you and I are both hunters and should not be enemies, Jolouburn is my enemy at least and getting the point across that people like her are interested in only one thing, stopping hunting, and trying to rationally reason with them is not going to change one damn thing.

If you do not want to understand thatt or can not understand that, that is your problem. I felt and still feel the best way to open everyone's eyes to the persons goalss and agenda is to let them express their beliefs so that hunters, as a group and ee the type mindset these people conduct business under.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I humbly submit that this interchange does nothing but give those with a will to blindly stop hunting more cannon fodder to cut and paste.

I too hoped that Jolouburn was sincere in her pursuit of knowledge concerning the conservation power of sport hunting. Sadly she is now bragging on an anti hunting fund raising website that a thread was dedicated to her being banned from this forum, which ironically she is not.

Please just let this thread die! You are doing none of us any good.

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7623 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jerry!.....jerry!.....jerry!.......welcome to the springer show...

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First of all I don't understand why someone wants to ban jolouburn.
I also don't understand why people want to waste their time reading her threads and making posts in them.
I chose to totally ignore all her posting long time ago.
She claims to not being an anti-hunter, but everybody with an IQ above a doorknob should very quickly understand that she is just full of lies and is only interested in one thing.
And that is to get all hunting banned.

Better you use your time discussing something interesting here on AR than wasting your time on jolouburn Smiler

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
If you back over the last 12 to 18 months and read the various threads on Rhino poaching in S.Africa you will come across several post about The Masina mafia and their links to the current President of SCI. Saeed and several others have criticised this situation and demand a clean up of SCI. Yes - the world's largest hunting & shooting forum on the web has demanded a clean up the most prominent hunting club.

The question is - how many prominent bunny hugging institutions have publicly demanded the clean up of other bunny hugging groups?

quote:
Ghuber,

They are called bunny shoes because of the Hugh Heffner bob tail on them. They are not real rabbit.

Saeed,

quote:
Why can't we mention your husband?

He is in it just like you, trying your best to stop us from doing what we enjoy, and at the same time conserve wildlife.

You and your husband are the worst enemies of wildlife, just like all the rest of the bunny huggers.

Jo, everything about what you do is FAKE!

All hou lot are doing is blind siding the ignorant masses to line your own pockets.

Let me ask you something?

How much have you and your husband collected for this project?

And where has the money been spent?

Can i mention your family and what they do and don't do?

You have no idea about my husband and therefore have no right to judge him.

Now i have always addressed your questions please show the same courtesy and address mine for once.

Can you honestly say there is no corruption in the hunting industry?

How much of the fees you pay to hunt go to conservation?

Can you say exactly what that percentage gets spent on?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11201 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Fighting amongst ourselves over an anti-hunter only makes them happy.

~Ann

Posts: 19549 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please just let this thread die! You are doing none of us any good.

I agree, and I actually thought it had.

But, I am still a small enough individual that when someone like JDOLLAR acuses me of something I did not do, I am going to defend myself.

My soul reason for not wanting jolouburn banned was so EACH and EVERYONE of us could see a glaring example of our common enemy.

You can not reason with that collective mindset, you can not rationalize with that collective mindset, factual scientific evidence is completely dismissed/ignored by that collective mindset.

That is why they are winning, they started out on DAY ONE with ONE collective objective, Stop Hunting.

What is the collective mindset among hunters, ssiomple, there is not a collective mindset, unless tearing each other apart at every opportunity can be considered a mind set.

I was looking a few days back, and was glad to see that it had faded away, hopefully never to return. Then to my surprise, I look this morning and lo and behold it has been resurrected, and within 3 damn responses, one "hunter" is attacking another "hunter". Really a lot of intelligence and maturity shown by JDOLLAR there.

Jolouburn, while not as rabid a some of the anti-hunting fraternity, is just a determined to get hunting stopped as any of the rest of that ilk.

Seems like some hunters are just as determined to see our sport go down the drain, simply because they can not concentrate on the fact that we like to hunt but it means different things to each of us. The anti's don't care what hunting means to me or JDOLLAR or anyone else on AR, they are working to get it stopped and too damn many of us are helping them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
""My soul reason for not wanting jolouburn banned was so EACH and EVERYONE of us could see a glaring example of our common enemy""

And through the naive, and most times arrogant attitude by a good number of posters, have just been feeding the troll - regardless of the countless warnings!

""Jolouburn, while not as rabid a some of the anti-hunting fraternity ........."".

Says you! - She just happened to be smarter than the rest through her sweet-talking manner to successfully cover her true identity and collect as much info as possible, most of which is detrimental to the hunters.

"As you make your bed, so you lie in it"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Says you! - She just happened to be smarter than the rest through her sweet-talking manner to successfully cover her true identity and collect as much info as possible, most of which is detrimental to the hunters.

Look, I knew what she was from her first posts, and knew what was going to happen, and yes, she is still not as rabid as other members of the anti-hunting/animal rights community, believe whatever you want to.

The point remains, trying to reaon with such people is a total waste of time. They have one goal and regardless of the factual evidence you, me or anyone else presents, They Do Not Care! Their goal is to get hunting stopped and trying to ignore them, pretend they don't exist, or blow them off as ineffectual crackpots simply is not working.

Nor is trying to reaon with them, but it is helpful to recognise the enemy for who they are and I am not the only person on this site that is beginning to feel that because of rigidness and inflexability, hunter a a group are our own worst enemies.

We either need to set the pettyness aside and work together to try and save the sport, or as a group keep forging ahead with our(?) standard operating procedure of ripping each other apart over minutiae and let the anti' have their way.

one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I did not post that info above wanting y'all to jump on their sites and post!!!

I did want to give some links where we could read any of her quotes/comments and see just how much she was and is using us.

I certainly don't want us to get into pointing fingers at each other. Think each of us should see this as a lesson learned.

I personally could have found this info a month or 2 earlier HAD I THOUGHT TO LOOK. I was fooled and lulled - And my lesson will be to search sooner.

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
Boy have I seen this before , i was banned from Lion Aid (facebook) because I held the opposite view to the blog and countered all their arguments with facts , so they banned me rather than have their unenlightened readers hear the truth , for years I have combated these anti hunters with the truth to no avail they have an opinion that is more important than species survival and this arrogance knows no boundaries irrespective of fact truth or Biological science. They will ignore the facts such as since banning Tiger hunting in the mid 1970's their numbers have plummeted and the hunting ban has only had a detrimental effect on Tiger survival , Kenya has had a 85 % decline in wildlife since they banned hunting , south African species that were faced with extinction such as black wildebeest , bontebok , white rhino were opened to hunting and made a remarkable recovery and were removed from the threatened species list (red data list ),the cape mountain zebra which was on the same footage as the bontebok was not made available to sport hunting and has remained threatened - but these working examples fall on deaf ears as the truth can only dampen a good story to raise donations to save the jobs of these so called anti hunting warriors .
But to ban them would close the door for putting out the truth for the fence sitters to be enlightened . Please remember most anti hunters are low esteem people who need a cause to give value to their life , hence their taking up causes which they see as improving their insignificant lives.

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zig Mackintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please remember most anti hunters are low esteem people who need a cause to give value to their life , hence their taking up causes which they see as improving their insignificant lives.

Ain't that the truth!!

Posts: 240 | Location: South Africa/Zimbabwe | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote