THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Safari Complete. I Have Started Posting Video
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safari Complete. I Have Started Posting Video
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
85 grains is a pretty mild load for that rifle, isn't it?

Anyways, good luck on your safari, bwana!

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ongwe:
85 grains is a pretty mild load for that rifle, isn't it?

Anyways, good luck on your safari, bwana!

Yes.

Get around 2800 fps which I found is best for penetration.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

Babu = grandfather. They couldn't have shown any greater sign of respect.

Posts: 9998 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Saeed:

Babu = grandfather. They couldn't have shown any greater sign of respect.

Very true.

And I am “very dangerous man” according to our trackers.

They like to laugh at me.

We saw a sable quite far away, walking into the forest.

Alan put the shooting sticks up, I got onto them, and yanked the trucker so hard I fell off the sticks!

Forgot the safety on.

The sable walked further and was about to disappear into the forest.

I fired, he ran a few yards and the trackers were shouting, in between their laughter, KOFA! KOFA!

“Very dangerous man!” They kept saying as we walked to our sable.

They have a warning system at their staff camp.

As soon as I walk in there, first one sees me shouts SAEEDI HERE! rotflmo

Good to keep them on their toes!

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Roy and Rene arriving here in a few hours time.

They are both leaving to Dar one day ahead of us.

Apparently Rene wants to make sure the camp is set up properly.

She is well aware of my non stop complaints! rotflmo

Tony and Chris arrive day after tomorrow.

We all leave a couple of days later.

Roy and me will be hunting with Alan.

Pete is hunting with Maktoum. They have been a team together for many years, and never stop providing us with their comedy!

Gary, their camera man, does his best to add to the comedy!

Gary and Maktoum love photography. They never stop dreaming new ways to provide us with exotic photos of animals and insects.

They do a fantastic job.

Sometimes.

But, on other times, the results of all their efforts are very similar to photos taken by Bam Bam Flintstone!

I am not exaggerating! rotflmo

Chris and Tony will be hunting with Thabit.

Thabit is a Tanzanian professional hunter who had hunted with us last year, guiding Anders and Victor.

New addition to the group is Ryan James, as camera man for Tony and Chris.

He is Wayne James's son.

Wayne had hunted with us many times.

Rene loves photography too.

She takes great photos of birds, flowers, and baboons.

One time we had a troupe of baboons visit the camp, she took so many photos, I thought she was compiling a family album!

The resemblance was so good we had to give the baboons names!

Our camp this year is by a river, which should provide her with great new opportunities! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy days are just around the corner Saeed.
That is, happy days for you and your "family" enjoying another great hunt in Tanzania. And happy days for all AR members following along with the many posts to come.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
That is, happy days for you and your "family" enjoying another great hunt in Tanzania. And happy days for all AR members following along with the many posts to come.

We have to think of a few tricks to play on your neighbor, Tony!

Last time he was with us we had a bit of nasty rains.

Made it impossible to go out hunting in the truck.

I think he shot a wildebeest, and had to call the camp tractor to help bring it back to camp.

There is a photo somewhere both him and his PH sitting atop the wildebeest in the tractors shovel 10 feet above the ground! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:

We have to think of a few tricks to play on your neighbor, Tony!

Last time he was with us we had a bit of nasty rains.

Made it impossible to go out hunting in the truck.

I think he shot a wildebeest, and had to call the camp tractor to help bring it back to camp.

There is a photo somewhere both him and his PH sitting atop the wildebeest in the tractors shovel 10 feet above the ground! clap

Please post that photo if you find it Saeed.
Once in Tanzania I've no doubt you'll find inspiration for a few tricks on Tony. I'll be keeping an eye open for that !

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Roy and Rene arrived yesterday.

Also met a gentleman I met in Zimbabwe 22 years ago at our hunting camp.

Eric and me have been in contact since then, and he has hunted with Alan several times.

He is Dubai and we asked him to join us.

As you can see, Roy and Maktoum are not the best of 4 wheel sand buggy drivers.

Roy got himself stuck on top of a sand dune, Maktoum had to go and rescue him.

Then Maktoum, not to be outdone, took Eric for a drive and turned the dune buggy upside down!!

Roy and my had to go and rescue them.

During all this time, Rene was left behind in a sand blown flat area managing the refreshments!

But, despite all this, or may because of it, everyone had a great morning! clap

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Saeed, it looks like the sand makes for a soft landing. Glad everyone survived.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
They were lucky!

They landed on their heads!

That saved them rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Looks like everyone is having a grand time. Glad you and Roy weren’t in the flipped buggy, getting a little long in the tooth for those antics.

Between micro lights and tipsy turvy buggies, Maktoum always seems to be flirting with danger. He should stick to safer pursuits, like bow hunting buffalo! Wink

Posts: 3852 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
They were lucky!

They landed on their heads!

That saved them rotflmo

Hahaha! I would sooner ride a camel than one of those buggy contraptions! Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Saeed: Looking forward to your annual potpourri of fascinating pictures, especially your annual shots of Cape Buffalo scrotum invested with fleas.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bud Meadows:
Saeed: Looking forward to your annual potpourri of fascinating pictures, especially your annual shots of Cape Buffalo scrotum invested with fleas.

Bud my friend, please get your facts right.

FLEAS are only found on politicians and lawyers scrotums.

They would not dare get anywhere near a cape buffalo bull's.

TICKS!

Genuine African TICKS, are the ones which makes it their life long ambition to make a buffalo bull's life as miserable as possible.

Capstick was right when he said when a buffalo bull looks at you, he looks at you as if you owe him money, and you better pay up pronto!

Have you ever attempted to remove of those ticks??

Don't even try.

They NEVER come off! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the photos, as usual.
You didn’t have anything to do with Maktoum turning over the dune buggy, did you

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish you guys the best! Looking forward to the stories!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 538 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Looking forward to the photos, as usual.
You didn’t have anything to do with Maktoum turning over the dune buggy, did you

Bloody hell Karl!

People like you are giving me a bad reputation! rotflmo

I was over 3 kilometers away - measured by GPS to go rescue them - and flying the drone.

Giving Roy and Rene live comments on them.

Rene "Are they alright?"

Me "They are still inside. No one got thrown out"

Rene "Are you going to got help them?"

Me "Not if I can help it. They can roll the buggy right way up. Two young men. I can see them crawling out. Yes, both are out"

My phone rings, Maktoum "Can you come and help us?"

Roy and me went to help, and had to use the Landcruiser's winch to turn the buggy right way up.

By now the wind was blowing quite hard, and Rene was sitting on the cool box being covered in blowing sand!

When we ghot back to her, she had a camel herder sitting with her.

She had given him some bakery and cold drinks.

Old habits die hard.

At camp she always has someone meet us as we arrive at camp with a wet towel and a cold drink!

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I was WhatsApping with Maktoum earlier today. I told him that he’s earned a new nickname…. “Crash Al Maktoum!”

His reply…. jumping

Posts: 3852 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
Saeed, I was WhatsApping with Maktoum earlier today. I told him that he’s earned a new nickname…. “Crash Al Maktoum!”

His reply…. jumping

Lack of caring for one's physical parts is well known in our family.

MADtoums is frequently being heard here. clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing. Looking forward to more hilarious stories and all the very best for your safari
Regards
Saeed

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, looking forward to your Selous 2023 report. It will be interesting to see how this area compares to your previous Selous areas?

When do you leave?

Thanks

Posts: 1860 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Saeed: I stand corrected. I should have referenced Ticks

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Roy and Rene left to Dar this morning.

We follow tomorrow.

Tony and Chris are here, and we had breakfast in the desert with the camels.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You find out if your wife still loves you when you get a tick between your bum cheeks!

Posts: 294 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Feed the camels carrots Saeed said…then I ran out of carrots and got mugged by 4 bloody camels! Eeker Had to get the herdsman to save me rotflmo

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Very nice photos from the desert, Saeed. Could you please tell us about the blank cartridges? Thank you.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 784 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
In some areas of the desert, they were used in the past for military training.

We often find things like these and others.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobinOLocksley:
Very nice photos from the desert, Saeed. Could you please tell us about the blank cartridges? Thank you.

7.62 blanks by the look mate. Chris and I came across these ones scattered over a small area

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
quote:
Originally posted by RobinOLocksley:

7.62 blanks by the look mate. Chris and I came across these ones scattered over a small area

And why don’t you tell them how 4 beautiful camels fill in love with you?

Chasing you up the dunes clap

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Bloody camels rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Saeed and Bakes, thank you for your replies.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 784 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always like the desert photos, pretty place (to me), I’m pretty sure Saeed and his troupe have over the years spoiled spoiled generations of camels, good for them!
I noticed the SUV with a small fortunes worth of falcons in the back, fascinates me how the birds can be trained.
Looking forward to safari photos (and stories).

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
I always like the desert photos, pretty place (to me), I’m pretty sure Saeed and his troupe have over the years spoiled spoiled generations of camels, good for them!
I noticed the SUV with a small fortunes worth of falcons in the back, fascinates me how the birds can be trained.
Looking forward to safari photos (and stories).

We found this group of falcon trainers after they had finished flying their falcons.

Shame really as both Tony and Chris would have enjoyed seeing them flying.

Roy, Rene and Alan are already in camp.

Next report hopefully will be from there.

Maktoum and Gary have promised to take care of the photography department, and provide us with incredible results that will make David Attenborough proud.

I am not holding my breath!

They promise this every year.

The results, though not what they promised, are utterly hilarious! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Received this message from Saeed, looks like their trip is starting a bit differently…

“You can post this
We just had to change bush plane because ours had the brakes stuck!
After we have started the engine.

In other plane now and about to take off!

The adventure has started”

Karl Evans

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thank you Karl.

We are in camp

Everyone very happy and excited for tomorrow.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very windy last night.

But dead quiet this morning.

Tony and Maktoum hunt today. Canada will be giving moral support to Australia as Tony starts today.

Wish is luck clap

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Kila la heri!

You can ask the guys what that means Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
I hope Tony is lucky, but if not sheer Antipodean skills will win the day Big Grin tu2
What is Tony hunting for ?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Tony shot a duiker.

Have no details will add later.

We found 4 dugga boys feeding in a river bed.

Managed to get to 30 yards of one, and shot him.

He dropped straight down.

We did not want to shoot any more - lucky really, as you will see.

We got the truck there, and managed to get stuck in the soft sand.

Took us 3 hours to go through 300 meters clap